RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > DMs Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
What is really scary is... Aizen is a water type Zanpacto to say the least. So that means you have to try taking down an illusionist....Especially a captain level illusionist. GL with that.

Actually, if anyone has to worry about NPCs killing them in truly painful ways is SGL2286. Had to kill a downed wizard *plots her former school mate's demise*

Last edited by KellyCat; 10-20-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Werewolf of London

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5729
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Just as a note for those interested in Anime-esque rules systems. I recommend Anima. Very Final Fantasy/Anime like, with some... interesting qualities to it.

It has rules for terrain modification. From attacks. So, yes, high-level battles are pretty freaking intense. I only play-tested it at a Con, but it seemed pretty solid, if unknown to most people. I do highly recommend it for those who like to be in some grand-power scale (Definitely over nine thousand) games/settings.

Also, I can't help but work on an app, because making characters is a past-time (*coughobsessioncough*) for me. Plus, I like this guy, assuming he stays the way I want him to throughout his story. Characters sometimes have a tendency to... do their own thing when I'm making them.

By the way... if anyone out there is knowledgeable in elementary (or better!) German, could you shoot me a PM? I'm working on his Zanpakutou, and I want to make sure I have correct grammar/spelling for what I want. I used an online translator for the gist, but usually the word choice leaves something to be desired, and I'd be upset if I was unintentionally saying something completely silly. Of course, intentionally is a completely different matter...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Hexing is an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
SGL2286 SGL2286 SGL2286
I told you...I don't remember this character you claim I killed. Until there is proof, your logic is invalid.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
The Paradoxical

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 59
Mabushii Kage
Whilst we're speaking of past characters, my two favorites were a bard and a scout that I played. Within 5 sessions, each had become a deity. Of course, these were in two different campaigns.

Anyways, back to how to deal with characters from the Bleach universe. Honestly, I think it would stand to reason that each cultural region has it's own Soul Society. Which would mean that if this were to take place in America, then the Soul Society in which we were to be a part of would have American themes. Just my thought on the matter.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 AM
One who has seen the end

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 96
Tydorei
Name: Sumashiya Onryou
Class: Expert Shinigami
Zanpakutō Name:
Release Command: Eradicate
Zanpakutō Type: ???
Description: Onryou stands around 5'5 and weighs about 117 pounds. Her hair is the color of dried blood and is adorned with two green and gold hair clips on either side of her face. Beneath her emerald both of her emerald eyes are 6 dots that began at the corners of her eye and grow larger as they move towards the sides of her face. Her fingernails alternate between red and gold polish and her zapakuto handle is green and gold.

Personality:Onryou is a rather charming yet haughty and narcissistic individual. She keeps her appearance up at all time at all possible times. She is graceful in everything that she does from simple tasks as drinking tea, too difficult things like sparring with people. Every parry she makes, attack she delivers, Kido she casts; they all look the best they could... especially the blow that ends a fight. Onryou is a perfectionist in everything she does and trains often in swordsmanship, demon arts, shunpo, and martial arts to reach higher heights. She scoffs at lowborn people that train constantly, to exert themselves so much for pitiful gain. It would be better for them to know that people are born with potential, or they're not. No point in lowborns training to try and acheive power they can not reach. When not training she is always looking for ways to have a bit of fun, even at the expense of others. Onryou is a stickler for the law however and orders given, for disobeying them is what has dishonored the Sumashiya House in the first place. She also has a venomous hatred for Quincy.

Character’s History:

Last edited by Tydorei; 10-28-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:23 AM
The Paradoxical

Tools
User Statistics
Mabushii Kage
Name: Jean Chastang
Gender: Male (I figured I'd include this seeing as Jean could be both a male and female name)
Class: Warrior Shinigami

Zanpaktou Name: Unscythe, Liberator of Souls (Shikai); Unscythe, Killer of Kings (Bankai)
Release Command: Shikai- "Avenge the innocent, Unscythe, Liberator of Souls!"
Bankai- "Cut down the oppressors, Unscythe, Killer of Kings!"
Zanpaktou Type: Darkness/Weapon
Description of your zanpaktou: Sealed- Regular katana with a rusty blade, as though blood had never been cleaned from it's blade, though this does not reduce the sharpness or durability if the blade. (Executioner's katana)
Tsuba(Crossguard)- Lotus
Shikai- Basic Scythe (Note: Does not seperate in middle. 6' tall, 2' blade)
Bankai- Giant, jet-black scythe. (Note: Just the scythe, not the girl. Scythe is as big as it appears, assuming the girl stands about 5' tall.) Also, and executioner's hood appears along with a noose tired around Jean's neck, that trails off into nothing, looking as if he's being hung from some unseen gallows.
Spirit- Unscythe, as he appears as a spirit. (Minus the axe)

Zanpaktou Personality: Unscythe is very judgemental, and the more sway a person holds, the more judgemental of that person Unscythe becomes. Needless to say, there are several Lieutenants and Captains that Unscythe feels are unfit for their position, not that he would ever say this. Unscythe knows his place as executioner. He is merely a tool to pass judgement, nothing more, nothing less. However, this doesn't stop him from pointing out everyone's faults to Jean, who often tells him to lighten up, and to ignore the faults in others, as not even Unscythe is without his blemishes. Unscythe takes the form of a scythe, as if to embody France's bloody history of revolts and executions.

Description of your character: Jean is 6'7" tall, and a lean 210 lbs. Or at least that's how much he'd way if he were still alive. As one would suspect from his height and weight, is he fairly lanky. However, he has shown strength beyond what one would expect, easily wielding the released form of his zanpaktou, which is nearly as tall as he is. He has a fair complexion and black, medium-long, straight hair. that curls slightly towards the tips. Jean would rather have straight hair, but no matter what he does, he can't get rid of the curls. He wears glasses, though only to read. He has blood red eyes, which are often bloodshot from his lack of sleep due to his habit of putting off sleep to finish a book. When not required to be in traditional Soul Reaper uniform, he changes into black slacks, white shirt, and red tie with black dress shoes. (And yes...He is a bishonen)

Personality+

Character’s History:

Attaining Shikai:

RP sample or current game you are in: Kyrid Arena. Unfortunately, this is the only game I've been in to far here on DnDOG. Not that it's a bad game, it just doesn't provide much opportunity for roleplaying. Most of my experience has been RL games.

Last edited by Mabushii Kage; 10-27-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Seize the Night

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem Carpe Noctem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabushii Kage View Post
Anyways, back to how to deal with characters from the Bleach universe. Honestly, I think it would stand to reason that each cultural region has it's own Soul Society. Which would mean that if this were to take place in America, then the Soul Society in which we were to be a part of would have American themes. Just my thought on the matter.
That would require a LOT of work on the gm's part. I mean heck we had the old west. The whole gun not sword thing would add an interesting and complicated twist.

I always took it that it was only Japan that had major troubles with the hallows as it being a spiritual high area. Taken a guess that a spiritually low soul wouldn't hold much appeal to a hollow. Mr GM how did you plan on mixing various heritages into the Soul Society?
Old 10-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Noctem View Post
That would require a LOT of work on the gm's part. I mean heck we had the old west. The whole gun not sword thing would add an interesting and complicated twist.

I always took it that it was only Japan that had major troubles with the hallows as it being a spiritual high area. Taken a guess that a spiritually low soul wouldn't hold much appeal to a hollow. Miss GM how did you plan on mixing various heritages into the Soul Society?
The way I see it is... While in the Bleach world most of the people of high spiritual strength happen to be in Japan... The way I see it, people with spiritual pressure exist all over the world... And as one Marvel character put it "Where does the more weird @#$% happen? That's right, the good old US of A." (or something like that...too tired to go digging through comics tonight).

Show some mercy on the poor Kelly...She can only do so much in one go... 'cause that means I am having to invent multiple squads, leaders, family structures, and answering questions like... "How did an Austrian man end up in the US Soul Society?" Which then says I can't accept more then a few players.

And more then that... How would it be that shinigami from Japan have never met shinigami from the US? Which then gets into how spiritual planes are different for different parts of the world.

Oh, and I prefer Miss.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:55 AM
The Paradoxical

Tools
User Statistics
Mabushii Kage
Sorry about that. It's just one of the things that I always think of when I watch or read Bleach. Didn't mean to cause any headaches. Anyways, for the sake of backstory, does it matter where we got killed?
Old 10-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
My official answer to that is... Surprise me. Most of the characters were in separate cities when they died... And considering the year range I said...I give some flexibility.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:05 AM
The Paradoxical

Tools
User Statistics
Mabushii Kage
Ok. I asked cause I wasn't sure if it would affect which Soul Society we went to. But now that I think about it, seems kind of a dumb thing to ask. That's what I get for putting off sleep. For the record, it's 3 AM here.

Last edited by Mabushii Kage; 10-21-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:42 AM
The sexy in dyslexia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1515
Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421 Jaggedblade421
Update Notice

Just a note: updated my app page six.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:52 AM
The Paradoxical

Tools
User Statistics
Mabushii Kage
Miss Cat, I have two questions: 1) Can I call you Miss Kitty? 2) I was looking through the Bleach D20 Rulebook you provided and noticed a hyperlink. I followed it and found this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38291
Now, I took a look at this link and noticed some differnces between the Word Document Rulebook you provided and the one in the link. So my question is, do we go with the one you provided, or the one at the end of the link?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:18 AM
High Functioning Zomboid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 210
barelyundead82 barelyundead82 barelyundead82
So many good characters out there. Starting to make me really doubt my chances Some of these I wonder where that kind of creativity comes from, they are just that good.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 AM
MewMew power

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52
EliMaria
wow, i look away for a day and it increases by 3 pages, firstly who the hell let rosta mori and blakk in here, i tell yah kelly we need better security on the door cus that cat jsut aint doing there damn job, secondly this is alot of apps to read my poor poor head ; ;
Closed Thread