RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library > Short Story Competition > Competition Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Spinner of Tales

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 853
Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform
January 2014 Competition (Rejection)

RPGX Short Story Contest #47 - January 2014
Submissions & Details Thread

Open to everyone. Please post your entries as replies to this post. At the deadline I will gather all entries and put them forward for voting in a separate thread. The winner of each month's contest will, in turn, choose the topic for the following month's contest.

Genre: Any Fiction
Topic: Rejection (Any Interpretation or Rephrasal Valid)
Challenge: Somewhere in your story include: an inheritance, a woodshed, and a dead bug

Suggested Word Limit: 500 - 3000 words.
Deadline for entries: February 1st, 2014

Rules:
  • Word Count: There will be a 10% word-limit leniency at both ends of the scale (450-3300). Please try to stick within the limit. Any piece outside of the suggested limit will not be entered into the voting.
  • Entries: Submissions may not have been previously posted on this site, nor may they be previously published elsewhere. Only one entry per contest please.
  • Chapters: You may submit chapters IF and ONLY IF the chapter can stand alone as a short story. What do I mean by stand alone? It can be read without depending upon earlier chapters, and it concludes a plot line with beginning, middle, and end all included within the chapter. Some authors can accomplish this, but it depends entirely on the person and the story. Some stories will not manage this, and I would recommend you submit as an [Ongoing Story] in the main Library. That's what it's for.
  • Voting: The poll to decide winners is for any site member to vote on. If a user account was created after the poll was opened, it doesn't belong in the voting.
  • Advertising: Please, while encouraging others to vote for the best story, make it neutral. "Come pick the best story!" is better than "Vote for me!", please and thank you. I link to the entire Competition folder in my signature, and I would prefer if such listings were contest-neutral. (See Klazz's sig below for another neutral publicity statement.) Publicity is always welcome.
Please feel free to use bold or italicized text in your documents.

There is a maximum of 16 entries total in this contest. If there are more than 16 entries in any one contest I will decide which are entered into voting based on adherence to the suggested word limit and relevance to the theme. This will not necessarily be on a first come, first serve basis.

When posting your story, please remember to give your piece a title and give its word count in brackets at the top of your story. And please remember to include your name/username!

If there are any questions, please PM Aethera or use the Coffee Shop. Please do not clog up this thread with questions or comments. This thread is for submissions only.

As of August 1st, 2012 the competition threads are being moderated by the story fairy Aethera. I (Aethera) have no offsite contact with Klazzform, but I'll keep things going.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited by Aethera; 01-01-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 AM
Spinner of Tales

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 853
Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform Klazzform
This is an example of how your submissions should be formatted before posting them for review.

Last edited by Aethera; 11-02-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:12 PM
Cowboy Toadwart?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5957
Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus Spankucus
Little Ladybug by Spankucus (1078 Words)

Last edited by Spankucus; 01-01-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1110
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT

Last edited by GeneT; 01-13-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:52 AM
One Track Mind

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4140
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Last edited by Tongue; 01-17-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 01-21-2014, 05:00 AM
That's one hot chili

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3492
Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss Lushmoss
Of Unending

Closed Thread