The Universal Constants are located here
For a better, integrated viewing experience, download the userscript as detailed in this thread
They are reproduced here for convenience for players who do not want to or are unable to use the embedded Google Wave feature:
1. The Universal Constants are absolute, unchanging rules that guide these Councils.
- The Universal Constants may not be altered or removed.
- By the power of the Ascendant Council, new ones may be created.
- Newly created Universal Constants may not contradict existing Constants.
- All volunteers in this Experiment must abide by these Universal Constants.
2. The purpose of this Experiment is to study the social philosophy and governmental affairs of the various lesser races.
- Volunteers for this Experiment shall become Members of Councils (heretoafter referred to as Councils or Lesser Councils).
- New volunteers will be added to existing Councils in accordance with that Council's internal procedures, or be part of a newly created council.
- All new Councils will be created with the same set of initial rules.
3. Exarch Orin presides over these Councils, and the Grand Council. He is explicitly granted only the following privileges:
- The right to interrupt internal or universal procedure to ensure the continuity of this Experiment.
- The right to propose a new Universal Rule and convene the Grand Council.
- The right to choose a Victor at the end of the session of a Lesser Council, should the Lesser Council be unable to determine their own Victor.
4. Exarch Orin is explicitly tasked with only the following duties:
- Register new Councils and Members.
- Maintain a list of all Members, and make such a list available to all Members.
- Maintain a complete list of the current rules of each Lesser Council, and make such a list available to all Members
- Make a random determination whenever such determination is required by the rules.
5. Exarch Orin is unable to do the following:
- Partake in the discussions or voting of any specific Lesser Council, unless explicitly allowed to by internal or universal procedure.
6. Each Lesser Council shall be given a quandary to answer.
7. The game of Nomic shall be played in order to determine the Victor that will answer the quandary.
8. Each Council shall have a Condition for Victory.
9. Each Council must have a Victory within the allotted time frame.
- The allotted timeframe shall be determined by Exarch Orin at the start of every session.
10. At the end of every Lesser Council session, each Victor will do the following:
- Give a final answer to the quandry posed to the Victor's Council.
- Propose a new Universal Constant.
- The proposed Constant cannot bar the rights of a specific Lesser Council or its members at the Grand Council.
- The proposed Constant cannot directly affect the internal procedures of a specific Lesser Council or its members.
- Exarch Orin shall apply all proposed Universal Constants pending his final approval.
11. After new Universal Constants have been applied and the quandaries answered, the Condition for Victory in each Lesser Council is reset and the next session begins.
12. Any proposed rule change for a Lesser Council shall be identified in accordance with the rules and submitted to Exarch Orin. He shall distribute it in accordance with the rules.
13. Any proposed rule change to the Universal Rules shall be submitted to and then distributed by Exarch Orin, and then all Volunteers shall vote on the matter.
- Each Volunteer has exactly one vote.
- The period of voting on a change to the Universal Rules shall be one week, and quorum 20%.
- A change to the Universal Rules shall be approved with a 2/3 of the votes cast being in favor of adoption.
- A change to the Universal Rules is to be defined as an addition to, ammendent of, or removal from the set of Universal Rules.