twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1197
Gir Gir Gir Gir Gir Gir Gir Gir Gir
(working on my paper now..and working less on this..sorry)
Old 11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9134
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
ooc - Ya...you sound real sorry.

All good though. I was thinking of DMing again. I have the bug, just not sure if I have the time or the story. I kinda like the idea of a sandbox game. Anyway...

Old 12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
sigh..keep trying to get a post up but keep being pulled away by kids and other things..work in process man..Laszlo demands more attention from me now..if im at the computer he comes up and wants to play..dont have the heart to tell him to go away..
Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Nor should you man. I hear ya. We can shelve this game for a bit, no big deal. I don't really want it to end forever, but I'm in no hurry - I've got a full game docket at the moment. I've joined a bunch of new ones.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Archive block...I know you'll get back to this eventually.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
At some point i hope!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thinking i might have some time to start up again..you still there?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Ya. I joined lots of games and am addicted to Minecraft, so I can't guarantee a daily post rate, but I can probably still post more than you do.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
So...you gunna start up or what. *sniff...snort...spit*

Last edited by Still_Pond; 04-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The thunderclap happens and you wince a bit as it does. You wonder why the various spells grayfare launches off need to make a noise at all. He yells out arcane commands, points finger and *BOOM* another crash of thunder as a lightning bolt cascades through a group of skeletons. A blade comes down, you step to the side as you have 100 times in the past day, block, step back for power, push forward, attack, blade connects against bone..bone breaks..another Skelton takes the place.

Larkin yells something, you look over at him for a moment..block..step back..push forward..*BOOM* you look over at grayfare and wonder if he can cut out the lightning spells for a battle or two. Another yell from larkin. You look up and see the door is open now. Two large doors that if memory serves correctly leads into a summoning chamber. Block..step back..push forward..Attack.

You push forward with grayfare at your back. The two of you move as one..spells and blade cut the skeletons down..its a lie though..you know they will rise again. They always rise..always come back to haunt you day and night. Scraping at the few safe havens you have found. No one has slept well..who could under these conditions. Its been so long since your blade has tasted real flesh. Block..step back..push forward..attack..

Another *BOOM* from behind you. You glance back for a moment 'Boss!' larkin yells from the door. You look at him then past him..a large undead creature looms from the darkness. It rushes forward grabbing at larkin. You dive away from grayare and move to larkin, pushing him out of the way and taking the blow that was intended for him. It pushes you back some, 'BOSS!' the creature screams at you and your face becomes wet with dool and slime..finally a creature you can kill...you lunge forward and feel a prick in your hand. You look down at it..the world arround you falls apart slowly as light seems to erode the very stone you stand on. A moment later you see the grin of a kobold above you, 'Hey boss, you were tossing and turning..'

You sit up..your still in the hole you found for yourself. Safe from the undead for now. Grayfare has a small fire that gives light and heat but no smoke and hes cooking something on it that smells like bacon. 'after eating we should be ready to go Tau' grayfare says with what you guess is the best smile he can muster considering the situation your in.

You sit up and larkin brings you some water and something to eat. Your wondering where he got eggs but decide its best not to ask at the moment. Listening you hear the sound of undead shuffling around beyond your blocked peice of wall. A plan..they booth look at you..they are waiting for the plan.

You know the lay out of this tower as you have been in another like it..Down the stairs will lead to a summoning circle..the place you think the necromancer stays. It allows her to travel to other towers on other planes. To avoid death at the hands of heroes. Up leads to a portal that transports you from this tower to another. Half way is a room with candelabras which allow transportation to other towers as well. The question then is how do you stop the necromancer from traveling to other towers long enough to kill her. You shake your head some and wonder if their is an easier way to do all this. You look down at the pouch containing the rest of the artifacts...surely enough power here to ..to do what..dare you use them..everyone you have seen do so has been corrupted by the power.

At the moment as you eat you realize you are falling into the necromancers trap..playing by her rules..your dream may be prophetic..showing you that you cannot win by taking on the whole tower..the tower is built to win..the dead dont stop rising..the very stone is a place of power and negates magic. Its a place that is built to kill..You look at larkin..what you need is your own trap..to hit the necromancer where it hurts..to take her power away..but how..

Last edited by Gir; 04-11-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
ooc - I chuckle. You start up again, post a very fun and well written post but again leave me without a clue as to how to proceed! ARRAGGGGG! I'll chew on this a little, and probably go with my gut - which is to take your idea of setting my own trap to heart.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Knowing what I need to do is a very different thing from knowing how to do it. I feel like a child trying to stop the snow from covering the ground by catching every snowflake. One might tell the child to give up, but what if giving up meant the would would remain frozen forever. What if the child HAD to stop the snow?

I rub my bony head, feeling the many bumps and cuts there. Every one of us are tired and beat up, our resources drained. Outside the clicking of bones and shambling undead continue as though we've done nothing. Every one we've killed has returned, every path we cut out closes behind us. Snow is piling up despite my best efforts.

I imagine the boy breathing fire into the sky, melting snow for hundreds of feet, but even that isn't enough to stop it, snow keeps falling. What would I tell the boy? To give up, go south and live a happy life? Maybe. Maybe that's what I should do. Could a dragon really do better here? Might doesn't seem to matter. Perhaps the Dragon's eye is safe here. I've tried twice to retrieve it, and so far I've failed both times. If only I could get the necromancer away from this tower. If only I could cut her off from her magic. Round and round my mind works, each time achieving no answers. I look to the others, and they look to me. They want leadership. They wan a clear path to victory. I will not give up twice. Maybe I can still go South, however.

"We can not beat her here, the tower is too powerful. We need to isolate her, trap her as we are trapped. Traps need bait, and we have these."

I pull out the few Dragon's Eye artifacts I have collected. Any one has given its previous owner unmatched power, yet in my hands they do nothing. I sit in a hole powerless while I have items of god-like power in my hands resting dormant. I continue.

"If we could get her to come to us, could we use this to telleport her to our own tower?" I pull out the telleportaion stone that belongs to the device Grayfare installed back home. "We show her the artifacts, then let her think we've been killed. Grayfare, you have a spell to mask my life-force, right? I go down, she comes out to take the artifacts clutched in my 'dead' hand, and Larkin' activates the stone. We see how she likes it alone in a tower full of enemies."

It isn't much, but it is all I can come up with. If you cannot stop the snow, go south where the snow is powerless to fall.

Last edited by Still_Pond; 04-14-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
The others listen to you as you speak.
'So' grayfare starts, 'i am curious how the necromancer is using the item. I mean shes powerful for sure but there have been plenty of necromancers throughout history. Hess'is the mad for instance controlled a huge army of a million dead it is said and i doubt he had such an item of power'
You think about this. Its true from what you remember reading in some history book long forgotten. The towers you think...the tower you think..it is very similar in construction to the pyramid you encountered on the other plane.
'Boss we have only seen the necromancer act through undead. So who's to say we could draw it out from hiding in the first place? I mean if it can just send a horde of powerful undead to do the job why not let them do it?'
It's true. You have spoken to the necromancer a few times but only as it was assuming control over undead creatures. Still the dragon born who wielded Bahamuts Blade had memory of killing it in the tower. Perhaps the plan can still work..you find the necromancer and then...
Grayfare comments, 'Why would she just not try to raise your body and have your corpse bring the item to her? Its what i would do in her case.' You sigh, good point that.
'Boss' larkin pipes in, 'The undead are dumb right?' both you and grayfare agree although grayfare does comment that they retain some basic functions and thought process. Larkin nods, 'Yes yes..but they are more likely to miss something than you or I right?' grayfare agrees to a point. 'So what if we got them to take us to this necromancer with the items?'
Grafare sits back and smirks at larkin, 'Larkin, that would never work, first off the necromancer would most likely be in control of one of the undead and would be the one to pick up the item. The other ones would be there as guards and such. Once the item is in hand he would..'
'Have to travel through a gate to get the items in his hands' larkin finishes. Grayfare sits back and thinks.
You ponder this for a moment. Then what you think..Invisibility? Hiding from undead? Illusion spells? Transformation spells?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
I stand up and grow frustrated at the apparent holes in my plan the others are so ready to point out. "Nothing's perfect. If it was easy someone else would have done this by now. I'm not a strategist and, Gods Damn it, we don't have many options. I will NOT give up again."

I stab Keryvain into a broken bit of rock in frustration. "I don't know how she's using the item. Here, you tell me how you get god-like power from bobbles!" I toss a staff segment to the mage.

"They all seem to build a stronghold in which they are all-powerful. Maybe the item is a cage, granting you power but not freedom, I don't know."

He picks up Keryvain and wipes the dust of as an apology to the wondrous blade. A blade that was made to destroy undead, and yet could not keep up with the tower's power.

"Larkin has a good idea. Last time they couldn't follows us through the gate. Maybe each tower has their own undead, and they cannot pass between. She may have to make the trip to fetch up her prize. What if we loose her? She'll be even more powerful with two artifacts. The price of failure is too great." I grow silent, clutching Keryvain in a white knuckled grip without realizing it. The others look at me to lead, again. I look at Grayfare, and toss Larkin the Eye to see if he can gleen anything from it.

"I don't want to use those, but it may be we have no choice."

I look at Larkin, a sneaky kobold, and I smile. "What if one of you betrayed me? What if, say Larkin, took off with that, and offered the necromancer the item in return for something, freedom from the tower perhaps. I wouldn't put it past a cowardly kobold to try something like that. No offense meant, Larkin, for we all know you are not a coward. But she doesn't know that. We give chase to the telleportation room, and hopefully she hears Larkin's pleas to her for a partnership. She comes to him to take the artifact and we jump her! Would that work?"

Old 04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
You seethe in anger. Your plan was not that bad you think! Holes are holes though a new plan forms. Thoughts are shared and ideas are shaped.

'Betray you boss?' larkin says.

'it is a good idea' grayfare says, 'although he is quite loyal to you and i doubt he would be able to be convincing'

Larkin sneers at him

'Still' grayfare says as he muddles through his bag. He pulls out several scrolls and a few other things. He looks at larkin and for a moment looks sorry. 'Larkin if this is to work i need you to agree to let me do what i must. I can only promise you that it is all reversible.'

Larkin looks from grayfare to you and back, 'It seems the only way' he nods his head, 'ok go for it'

Grafare prepares himself and asks larkin to look at a flames reflection through a crystal orb. Grafare starts to talk to larkin and as he does you hear subtle words of power being spoken as well. Grayfare speaks of the time you met larkin and the animosity you had towards him. The miss trust you have ever since. He brings up and highlights points where you have had miss givings in trusting him. How you most likely have had him followed, had grayfare spy on him remotely, and how you keep him on a short leash like a pet. The mighty dragon born with a pet kobold...

Minuets turn to hours as grayfare paints a non flattering picture of you and your intentions. He twists things just enough to make the good seem bad and the bad worse. At times there are outright lies. Through it all grayfare keeps talking, keeps using scrolls and items to bring larking where he needs to be. All the while larkin stares blankly at the flame in the orb and is completely motionless.

You pace some and are a bit frighten by what you may be doing to your friend and ally. Still, it is the only way. Several hours later grayfare places a bag containing a scroll, a gem, and a piece of chalk in front of larkin and gives his last command. He looks at you.

'Its done, he does not remember the plans we have come up with and i have layerd many memories upon memories to hide our intention from the prying eyes of anyone who looks. His betrayal will start when you say something against kobolds and their nature. It does not matter what...it just needs to be insulting.' He pauses' after that he will work to betray you by taking the dragon eye artifacts. He will stop at nothing to get them although i did specify death was not an option' your glad about that bit at least.

'He has a scroll of gate, a piece of chalk, a gem, and a bag. At the right moment he will use each in a specific order that will bring us to him. At which time he sees us again his mind will return to normal and he will remember everything' he stops

(ill assume any questions you ask happen before this next bit)

When all your questions are answered he simply says 'wake'. Larkin blinks and looks confused, 'Larkin' grayfare says standing up and snuffing out the flame,'if your done looking at that ball maybe we can get a move on eh?' he picks the ball up and larkin looks confused at him and then you.

'Ah right..sorry..must be tired. Too much fighting and not enough drinking right boss' he smiles a toothy grin at you. He stands up, stretches, and brushes the dirt off of him, 'Ready to go when you guys are' he says as he picks his pack up.

Grayfare looks at you and smiles while handing you back the artifacts, 'Desire' he says as a way of telling you how they work. You think about it for a moment and it fits. In each case the people that have used it have had a deep desier..a want..a hunger for the power they contain. In each case the people have been trapped by that desier as well. Although you have used a portion of the power once you have never desired the power.