Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > Game Products
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4472
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Favorite Adventure

So what is your favorite adventure of all time? Doesn't matter the edition, just roll 'em out.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 PM
... <3

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2443
Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange Ange
Hard to say a "most favourite ever"... but here's a couple that I like.

Howl of the Carrion King by Erik Mona - brilliant start to the AP. Flavourful, exotic, filled with challenging (and yet not insurmountable despite what some of the complaining reviews suggest) encounters, and introduces one of my most loved/hated monsters into the game. DMs, put pugwampis in your adventures. It will be the most evil thing you have ever done. Players, if a DM tells you you're facing a pugwampi, run the hell away. Don't even try to fight them. Just run. Save yourself the tears.

The Skinsaw Murders by Richard Pett. Downright creepy, and filled with truly memorable moments. The mechanics of the haunts actually serve the narrative amazingly well, a rare thing in adventure design.

The same can be said for Carnival of Tears by the much maligned as of late Nicholas Logue and Tim Hitchcock. It's just creepy. And wrong.

We Be Goblins! by Richard Pett. C'mon. You're a bunch of crazy goblins sent on a quest that has more danger of failing due to your own self-destruction than any true danger. Also, it's free. What more could you want?

I also really enjoy the latter 3 modules of Jade Regent, but the first three are rather lacklustre in my opinion.

... I'm sure there are good modules not written by Paizo. >_> I'm not a grognard though, and I don't know a lot of the "good ole favourites" from back in TSR days. So let me see... hmm. Rappan Athuk was pretty cool. I need to get onto reading the Slumbering Tsar too.

It's a shame that WotC has never been good at writing adventures.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
She's a genius.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5956
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
"Dead Gods" by Monte Cook (2e Planescape) is probably my favourite of all time.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1638
Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medesha View Post
"Dead Gods" by Monte Cook (2e Planescape) is probably my favourite of all time.
I am with you on that one, though i have never run it.

I also love the set up of the following old school modules:

Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh and related 3 modules (small coastal town...very open ended with lots of room to be filled by the GM)

Palace of the Silver Princess

Temple of Elemental Evil