RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 AM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
The Magelord's Pub

Set back a few feet from the polished flagstone floor of the hallway rises a row of thick fluted white marble columns. Between them stand clear crystal shards, 8' high and 4' in diameter, in which curious objects are encased: the skull of an ogre crumpled in on one side, a tiny spear of blackened metal with a bent shaft, a gleaming small steel shield rant nearly in half, and a shredded section of polished black dragonhide. A great marble sign, inlaid in Draconic, reads The Magelord's above the pillars.

The central pillars are unobstructed, however, allowing pub patrons to pass freely. Inside, crystal protrusions from the floor blossom into circular tables, with multiple polished flat surfaces throughout the bar. Along the left wall, a long crystaline bar extends all along the wall. The ceiling looms high above, forming an atrium with a second level wrapping around the central cavity, in which a petrified roaring dragon's head hangs suspended on strong chains, slowly rotating clockwise. A spiral staircase on the righthand wall leads up to the second level.

Portaits hang around the walls: exquisitely well-painted images of gladiators standing in the Arena, before weapons sitting on top of the red velvet-topped floating table. Behind each, in an open door off to the side, one can barely make out the hulking, yet shadowy form of the cloaked Master of the Games.

Along the far wall, up a step from the polished white marble floor of the front section of the bar, is a raised polished black marble section where small, light-colored square Weirwood tables and wing-backed chairs with red velvet cushions stand around graceful arches that look out over the Arena. Two open doors lead out to a patio where a few similar tables are matched with open-backed smaller chairs, and a row of red velvet stools along another narrow bar stretching all around the front.

The bar is candle-lit, each white dripping candle resting in a demihuman skull, one for each table, some set into alcoves, and some on candleabra that stand throughout the chamber. A row of iron doors are set into the walls of the bar, leading to private rooms.

The scent of incense wafts through the bar: emerging in gentle clouds from the petrified head of the roaring dragon. The sounds of a lute, dextrously plucked in a soft, gentle arpeggios at a tender addagio fill the air, the player unseen.

Thick, hide-bound menus sit scattered on tables throughout the bar.

One curious feature of the establishment is that there are no visible barkeepers, waitress, waiters, or other staff. Instead, the magically savvy will note numerous Unseen Servants placed throughout the bar. These collect coin from the patrons before any goods or services are exchanged.

Opening the green hide-bound menu (it appears to be baby troll-hide) reveals the following.

Menu at the Magelord's Pub

Last edited by Lormador; 04-30-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Magically Malicious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
"No way-- Almond Brandy?"
Laeric was beside himself as he read the liquor list.
"Oh man that is awesome!"
Dropping coin on the table for the Servants to whisk away, the rogue grinned at the drow girl who had caught his attention previous to the evening's match.
"Darlin', Back in the Real World I spent days in almond orchards..."
He could tell the whore was growing bored already; her eyes glossing over as a practiced "attentive smile" appeared on her face.
He didn't care. As the drinks arrived, he sweeped his up while leaning back, sniffing at the precious liquid held within his vessel
"Whatever, right cutey? just enjoy."
It was no match to what he was used to back home, but that was legitimate almond.. it would do. In this dark world, a small taste of what he remembered would do just fine for now.
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
The lady of pleasure is pleased to accompany Laeric into Magelord's, and she slides into a velvet chair opposite him, raising one leg high over the edge of the table, crossing them and allowing the ripped black lace and silk form-fitting dress to climb the soot-colored skin of her thighs. She glances at the menu, raising one eyebrow beneath her braided silver hair, tied with silk. "Arbellan for me," she gestures to the shimmering motes that mark the Invisible Servant.

Then he arresting gaze turns back to Laeric. "Got to enjoy whatever we can, live the good life while it lasts, is that it, gladiator? I couldn't agree more. You want to talk about your home world?"
Old 05-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Magically Malicious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
"Nah. I won't bore you with my weepy tales of blah blah blah... Let's just sum it up with 'it's really bright', and be thankful we're deep underground-- amirite?"
Clinking her glass with his quickly-dwindling drink,
"...'In the Darkness, All Light Shines.' Seriously, have the brandy next. We had almond orchards in my home province. If you really wanna know about where I'm from, here's a hint of the flavor."
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Tools
User Statistics
The dark-skinned, barely-clad comely drow female clinks glasses with you, sighing and pressing her fist to her cheek slightly. She pouts, momentarily, before sipping her drink.

She looks over her shoulder, once each way, keeping a wary eye on the entrance. Then she turns to you and asks, "How many have you killed, gladiator? Maybe you wouldn't mind doing some of that outside the Colosseum. I might know someone who has use for a man of your talents."