twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Aunen
New Kid

Uhm, I've been DM'ing for a couple months now, just started this year actually. But I haven't been able to play because I was the one who started the gaming group. So hopefully I would be able to play here.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 PM
DIGital ORIGinals

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13242
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Somewhere in the distance a stout wooden door is heard creaking slowly open, followed by the sound of tentative footfalls. The sound slowly draws closer to the considerable gathering of friends and acquaintances. If one were to peer into the crowd they would see no surprise in their faces, just anticipation; this is not the first time someone new has approached them, nor would it be the last.

As the steps of the newcomer gets closer, their shape begins to form. Shadowy at first, but soon it comes into full view. Any fear or trepidation they may have had approaching such a massive crowd sinks quickly away as they are greeted with thousands of happy, smiling faces. Old and young, male and female, peoples of all races, nations and cultures; the diverse gathering is clearly happy to see the neophyte.

Setting down their pencils and dice for a moment, the crowd turns to face the new visitor. With the trumpeting sound of angelic voices there rises a single word in unison from the throng…

Welcome!

And it is then that Aunen realizes that they are among many new friends!
Friendly AdviceJondera, WoLT and dirkoth (perhaps others) will post (if they have not already done so) with some VERY helpful advice. I would suggest you check out the links they provided. They will help you to navigate and enjoy DnDOG.
Take the Oath
Old 04-30-2012, 01:50 AM
FOR SCIENCE!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8575
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
I would say that you will certainly be able to play here. Many a tabletop DM has slaked their thirst for the other side of the screen on these hallowed forums.

Hello Aunen! Welcome to DnDOG. Here's a quick guide to help you get started.

Step 1: First up, read the Site Rules. Once you're done with that, take a look at the other sections of the FAQ to learn more about how the site works. If you want to look this stuff up again later, you can find a link at the top of the screen titled "Site Rules & Help."

Step 2: Remember the FAQ you were just looking at? Well, if you saw the sections about Dice Rolling and Other BBCode stuff, you're probably wondering exactly how some of it works. That's fine - pop over to our handy Dice & Tag Testing thread, and experiment a bit. Also, posts made there count towards your post count, so you can make your 4 required posts and get upgraded to a regular member right away.

Step 3: Here on DnDOG, we want to make Play by Post gaming as accessible as possible to new players. So, if you're new to D&D, or new to Play by Post, or even just new to the site and want to get your feet wet, take a look at our New Player Solo Games. Experienced site members are available to help you learn your way around, as it were. Be aware, though; due to the high demand, we ask that you only apply for one game (either 3.5e or 4e), and it may take some time for a DM to PM you.

Step 4: Once you're ready to jump into regular games, head over to the DMs Seeking Players forum and take a look at the games that are currently recruiting. If none of them suit your interest, or you have a game idea of your own that you want to play in, you can post a character or game idea in the Players Seeking Games forum, but be aware that it may not get much response. Finally, if you decide you want to DM a game, you can find the tool to request a game under the Tools dropdown menu at the top of your screen.

And now, some things to keep in mind while you enjoy the site:

- If you check the Tools dropdown menu, you'll see that we have a large number of resources available - Reference Documents for 3e D&D, 3.5e D&D, D20 Modern, and the Pathfinder RPG, a database with form fillable character sheets for a number of different game systems (with more in development), our newsletter (Explosive Runes), and much more.

- If you're having problems with the site, the I'm Confused and Site Discussion forums are available. Bugs and minor technical issues can be reported in the v4 Bug Thread, and feel free to post threads to discuss more complex issues as well.

- If you'd like to get involved in some of the more social aspects of the site, the we have forums set aside for General Discussion, Game Rules Discussion, House Rules, and more.

- It should be noted that, since the gaming and activity on the site is focused around reading and writing large quantities of text on a regular basis, it is highly recommended that everyone use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If English isn't your native language, no problem - several web browsers have built in spell check functions, and if yours doesn't, there are similar programs available for free online.

That's about it from me. Good luck, and good gaming!

Jondera

Ps: the majority of this message is copy/pasted from various other introduction threads a .txt file on my desktop. You have now received Jondera's New Member Guide (AKA Jondera's Canned Newbie Advice Mk. 10).
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Outer Deity

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
You'll have no trouble at!

There are a few differences between here and table top, but that's outlined in the new member guide in my signature, and I'd highly recommend you peek at that as well as the player and GM guides as they are loaded with tons of helpful info.

Welcome and enjoy!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Dnd Class of '77

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21455
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
welcome A!

Sure you can play here! that's what we are for!

welcome to the site, and happy gaming!