RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Pammachion Olothruul > Treacherous Concessions
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 AM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
Offices of the Master of the Games

At the end of the hall that gradually winds upward through the upper reaches of the Colosseum, reserved for gladiators, the wealthy and powerful, or those foolhardy enough to trespass, stand the offices of the Master of the Games.

Description of the Doors

Description of the Guardians

There is no scent here but the faint waft of incense from the brothel, far down the hall: no sound but the quiet breathing of the guardians.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2425
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
The far off echoes of an in progress gladiator fight permiate the air around Victel as he made his way towards the Master of Games office. The drow was not known for being social, but this was business. His footsteps were soft and steady as he entered the hall itself; Victel had no reason to hide and yet he was in no rush either. The drow noted the guardians with a passing glance. "Two beholders. Heavily magically fortified no doubt." Victel's thoughts were interrupted as he caught sight of the scenes depicted upon the door. It took Victel a heartbeat to recognize what they portrayed and his curiosity was immediately drawn in.

Without so much as pausing to see if the guards would say anything Victel slowly began making his way towards the great door itself. His eyes held a hint of reverence as he drew in the sight of the depictions. The drow made a point to keep his hands calmly at his sides and his posture open. Victel had no wish to fight in the sight of such an amazing piece of history. It took the drow a full minute before he remembered why he had originally sought out this place. "Enough sight seeing. I have business."

Victel eyed the guardians with an emotionless gaze and spoke calmly with an icy curtesy tinged to his words. "I would humbly request an audience with the Master of Games when and if he will see me." The drow shifted his stance and the gleam of an exotic looking spiked chain on his back danced in the light. "I have questions regarding this weapon I won in my previous battle." The silence of the beholders was actually a comfort to Victel. It meant they were here to do a job and did not waste time on meaningless social wordplays. Victel could appreciate that as well as the power even one of their eyestalks wielded. The drow patiently awaited some response from the guardians be it good or bad.
Just got screwed.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:17 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
Time passes. An interminable, impossible amount of time. The Beholder guards stand, immobile. There is not a sound from within the chamber, for hours on end.

Finally, the small door creaks open. Darkness lies beyond: one can just make out polished marble tile floor, checkerboard white and black. Fluted pillars hold up an arched, mosaic ceiling: depicting scenes of battle, glittering in the dark. Two Beholders stream out of the opening, hovering in the air and moving straight forward. They assume positions facing in front of the two already present. The originals then hover sideways towards the doorway, and disappear within. At all times each Beholder keeps their central eye forward: the others evenly watching the areas all around them.

The small door begins to swing closed, the guard having been changed.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2425
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
The wordless time spent awaiting some form of response was not particularly bothersome to the drow. He had spent many days meditating in the depths of the underdark and outside of battle his patience was boosted by the fact that he had no important agendas to attend to in the near future. Yet the strict form and unwaivering discipline shown in the beholder guards made Victel question the actual strength of the guards in question. "Beholders are already fierce beasts in their natural state. I wonder what sort of training these have undergone."

As the doors open the drow's hopes raise ever so slightly but are kept in check by a caution. "Never assume anything and in a city like one such as this do not expect things to always be so simple." The appearance of the new guards is overshadowed by the brief glimpse of the interior Victel is able to spot. A brief moment of longing passes through his thoughts as he sees shadowed depictions of combat. "I wonder what scenes are portrayed inside....."

The resounding echo of the closing doors dims the hopes Victel might have had and his lips turn downward in the slightest of scowls. "It appears I will have to attend to this matter myself....." The drow turns and begins to make his way out of the long hallway. His senses do not turn a blind eye to the guards and even now he is ready to defend himself without a moment's notice. "Perhaps if I win some more matches the master of games will be more... open to a conversation." The drows passing is unmarked as the the fading echoes of his soft footsteps die off and return the hall to its former silence.
Just got screwed.

Last edited by Eviltedzies; 05-16-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:30 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The Beholders resume their rigid, stately vigil over the halls, here at the apex of the Colosseum where it's enigmatic Master is ensconced. Victel's departure seems unnoticed and certainly unremarked, at least outwardly.

Yet one can't shake the feeling of being watched, a feeling that doesn't go away when one is, at last, out of sight of the Beholders and that magnificent door.