RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7688
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
War of the Shards

~~~~~~~~~~~
Transpose
~~~~~~~~~~~
Generally, in Manga and in fiction, when big things change it happens with a flash of light, a roar of thunder... Portents come to prophets who speak of the mighty changes to come.

None of this happened to you though. On the day when your life changed forever all you really remember happening what a sudden stinging pain in your arm. You awoke in time to see a glowing symbol burn itself on, like a phychedalic tattoo.

Transpose.

... Wait. No, it isn't a word at all. it is a drawing. But at the same time, it definatly means Transpose. How strange...

You take a second to note where you are, on your couch where you fell asleep playing your latest video game, the screen still on with a 'Game Over' showing from where you passed out. A little bit of drool is on the magic card that was under your cheek when you fell asleep.

"Damn. I guess she really is dead." A deep sigh, and the first light other than the TV flares in the room. A red circle, the end of a cigarette being dragged, followed by a cloud of smoke. You can barely see the person who spoke. He, you are pretty sure it is a he, is sitting on the window cill with one leg casually on a chair. His entire body is in shadow, lit only by the burning of his cigarette and the glow of the single green eye that is watching you, curious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Body
~~~~~~~~~~~~
You expected greater things to have happened when you gained your power. Perhaps a vision from God? Perhaps some sign or great spell? You didn't expect to wake in the middle of the night with a stabbing pain in your chest.

At first you thought it was a heart attack, but your arm didn't tingle at all and when you tore off your shirt you saw a bright glow of light on your chest.

Body.

... But no, it wasn't body it was a drawing. But it meant body. You are sure of it.

And you were still sure of it when your front window exploded inward. A girls voice calls out from outside as the glass shatters to the ground.

"Helloo? Are you in there? Would you mind dying? I would soo appreciate it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Savior
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You felt a stabbing pain in your chest and woke up in time to notice two things. First, the word Savior had been tattooed into your chest (but no, its not a word its a picture that Means Savior). The second was that there is a War ourside your house.

What sounds like a dozen guns are firing at once, all the blasts loud enough to almost deafen you. The sound is almost drowned out by what sounds like a tornado passing through the street.

A bullet crashes into your window, shattering it, and you hear a voice. "Go away! She is mine! GO AWAY!" it is a teenage voice, female and very shrill, with a sound of madness to it.

"No! I will not let you murder anyone else!" comes a male voice in response, followed by a volley of gun shots.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The lady had been staring at you silently for about a minute when you felt it, a burning sensation of fire on your arm. You grab it and see a bright light circling it. You pull back the sleeve to see a word.

Justice.

Then the understanding fades and it is just a tattoo, but you still see its meaning though you do not know how.

The woman in your office simply smiles, as if nothing strange had happened at all. "Well. I had thought you might be the man for the job..." she says, pulling out a cigarette and holding it out as if asking for a light.

I don't have multiple personalities, but I do. And so do I.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 AM
From the fire I am reborn

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
I take the cigarette out of her hands and throw it in the trash, habits are one thing, but impersonating a train is not my idea of a hobby. "Sorry toots, no smoking"

Walking to the small filing cabinet in the corner I pull out a bottle of scotch, finely aged for 4 years, perfect golden brown colour, two for $20. Perfect "Can I interest you one?"

Pouring two glasses I set the bottle down on the worn desk with a satisfied tap, Three in afternoon, drinking time. "So why are you here? What's your story?"

While she started on her spiel I thought back to that tattoo... There one minute, gone the next, like some good broad on broadway, nothing but a bad memory... I'd never been a man for ink, and put it down to Sam and his usual antics down at the lounge... It'll cost me two months rent to get the damned thing removed... Landlord won't be happy, never is.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Eternity'sEnd Pub Monitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 695
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Sasha snapped up into a sitting position, her defenses up as she reached for the throwing knives she always kept at her waist, finding them missing. Must've left them on my other belt. She thought. "Look, if you're just going to break into my place and give me some weird tattoo then watch me all creepily while I sleep, you'd better have one damn good reason to do so. Who the Hell are you and what do you want?"
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
~~~~~~~~~~
Justice
~~~~~~~~~~
oocVery late appointment, midnight.
Still drinkin time.
She gives a mou of disapproval as you take her smoke, recrossing her legs. She takes the cup though, but doesn't drink just swirling it in her hand. The swirling makes her long hair swirl, and shows off her assets. They are very nice assets, assets that spell trouble.

"Well, I have a problem you see. My friend, she went missing a month ago. I think she might have been murdered."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Transpose
~~~~~~~~~~~
He doesn't seem particularly worried by your rant, his eye not even shifting as you move around to search for weapons.

Another flare of burning cigarette, another puff of smoke.

"I had a friend." he says, ignoring your comment. "We were pretty close. She vanished, but I thought hey, she can take care of herself."

"Now some pup turns up with some of what is hers. I can't quite decide... Should I help that pup, for her sake..? Or kill it for theft."

His eye seems to glow a great deal brighter, a green coal in the dark room "Why shouldn't I kill you, little pup..?"

Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM
From the fire I am reborn

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
OOC: drinking time, 2pm-4am, from noon on sundays

"Straight to the point... I like that in a case"
Murders unnerve me, always a hassle, dodging cops and implications, it was like swimming through sushi on a Sunday.

"Tell me more" knocking back the scotch like it was water I pour myself another, holding it casually, watching her intently. I wondered how much the doll could pay for a case like this, always charged extra for murders, expenses were a sweet way of adding another night or two for drinking... charges for "security purposes". I'm no crooked PI, it's just that in this city that can't talk straight people don't quite know what the going rate is for such a case.

"It's a hell of a city" jumping when I realised I had spoken aloud... Maybe drinking wasn't the best idea, last thing I wanted was to confront the killer on a belly full of booze. Can't help but smile at that, it'd be great to clear a case in one night, I'd have to pull out that Mercedes catalogue again.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
~~~~~~~~~
Justice
~~~~~~~~~
You notice as you knock back the scotch that the faint headache you had has faded away. You didn't even really realise you had one till it was gone. THe faint tiredness and backpain is gone as well, as if you just had a massage and an energy drink. In fact, all your aches are gone.

She opens up her purse and pulls out an envelope, putting it on the table. Inside is a set of photos, each showing an attractive woman in a long dress of some grey material. Her hair is long and brown, her eyes blue as midnight. In a few she is looking into the camera and smiling as if embarrased.

"Her name was Carolyn, and she was a secretary at my company until six months before she vanished. One day she simply stopped showing up for work and the few times I saw her she was hanging around with... dangerous people."

"We were close friends though, and every week at least she would call to at least tell me she was okay." She looks up and meets your eyes, both shining bright "These calls stopped four weeks ago."

Old 05-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
oocSorry, should have said. The tattoo turning up IS the event, and it woke up up right as the game starts, at midnight on wednesday 2nd of may, 2012.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Hikaru no Go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6492
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
OOC: Deleted previous post to leave no trace of the misunderstanding.

Aaron had expected something like this to happen since the incident a few days ago, but all the news stories that he had seen told nothing of this pain. Having been pushed back by the blast, he instinctively pulls out a shard of glass that has imbedded itself into his arm. He is slightly surprised to find the wound slowly closing already, but some how at the same time expecting it after seeing the drawing on his chest. "Sorry," he shouts back, "It appears death is allergic to me." He notices his shoulders becoming wide, just like the student before, "Could this be what was happening to him." Remembering that he suddenly got stronger, Aaron attempts to pick up a nearby dresser. Surprisingly, but once again somehow expectably, he is able to do it. He shakes the drawers out so he can keep his clothing and throws it along the path that the glass shards fell at, assuming that he would hit the source of the blast. He quickly picks up a wrinkled shirt and puts it on.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Lost In The Void

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Xombella
Cherry gets up and moves to the window, not worried about the tattoo. It didn't concern her at the moment. Her attention was on the 'warzone' out side. She tried to take it all in, to try to figure out what was going on.

~Rogues do it from behind.~
Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
The shard isn't in your flesh as deeply as you expected it to be, and as you pull it out you see a brief flash of light beneath your skin. You don't have much time to look, but it looks as if the glass was stopped a couple of milimeters in by something, and it doesn't hurt at all...

You throw the dresser out the window, then pick up your shirt. You are therefor quite surprised when the dresser comes back in the hole in your wall and hits you solidly and with about the same amount of force you threw it! You fly backwards, hitting the wall with a cracking sound. You feel a little dizzy, and bruised, but no more and realise that it was the dresser breaking and the wall behind you cracking. Apparently you are far more durable then you were before..?

"Oh well. You are gonna have to have a forced diet anyway. Unless you want to just give me your power?" a pause "Actually naa, this is fun! And Mister said that I only need one more spark before I hit level three! I wanna have some fun before that!"

Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
~~~~~~~~~~
Savior
~~~~~~~~~~
Outside the window is one of the strangest scenes you have ever seen, like a scene ripped from a manga. One man, in a long grey duster, is leaping around, pulling guns from mid air and emptying them in a few seconds then dropping them to grab another. An AK47, then a pair of desert eagles, then... a rocketlauncher?!

The bullets are flying down the street at the pissed off girl who is standing in the street surrounded by some kind of tornado. The bullets are spinning wide as they hit it and tearing into the nearby buildings. You see one of your neibors, who was as curious as you, peer out the window only to be hit in the chest by one of the bullets. He cries out and falls out the window.

The girl turns to look at you as you come outside and grins darkly, "Wait right there! You are mine! MINE!"

"No!" he fires the rocket launcher at the ground near the woman and she swears, jumping and flying upward on her whirlwind to evade the blast. "Stay inside! Its not safe!"

Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM

Tools
User Statistics
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Sasha lifts one eyebrow, unsure of what to think. "I can assure you that I've stolen nothing. This friend of yours, does she have a name?"
Old 05-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Hikaru no Go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6492
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
"So, she already has a few shards, this will be hard." Aaron steps to the side, trying to get a better view of his attacker before he says or does anything more.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Transpose
~~~~~~~~~~~~
He pauses for a long moment, "... Carolyn." He says eventually, though its more of a sigh of loss, or a statement than an answer. He takes one last drag of his cigarette and tosses it out the window. And vanishes.

Suddenly you feel a blade at your neck, and feel the bed sink slightly under his weight behind you. He had moved so fast you didn't even see him vanish. "Carolyn died a month ago. Its the only reason you would have gotten these powers tonight. Do you understand? These powers you got? They used to be hers."

"So. Why should I not cut your throat and take them back..?"

~~~~~~~~~~
Body
~~~~~~~~~~
You move carefully through the room, and peek through the new hole in your wall where your window used to be. Outside, standing openly under a streetlight, is a girl of about thirteen. She is dressed primarily in pink, with black lacy edges that turn it from cute into goth loli. She is holding a ball of some kind of pink color, and two others are at her side, bouncing up and down like rubber balls.

She seems to spot you as you peek out, though you were very careful. "I see you!" She says and one of the balls bounces from the ground and shoots toward you at amasing speed!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:23 AM

Tools
User Statistics
"What powers?" Sasha asks, getting freaked by the whole ordeal. With the knife to her throat she knew she could do nothing to reach fro a weapon. If only I had some kind of protector.... like a Vampire Nighthawk in the real or something... She thought.

OOC: Attempting to summon a Vampire Nighthawk from memory into the room with a blade on the man's own neck.