Notices

Old Apr 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I've Rolled 2 Natural 20s

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1810
SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1
Better Late Than Never

I just realised, I never really introduced myself on this site, I just sorta jumped right in.
Well, here I go.
The names SM1, they are the initials to my real name, which I will keep to myself and no, I don't have a third name beginning with the number 1, its just the name slot required at least 3 characters.
I live in Scotland, UK, I'm in my late twenties, and have been playing D&D since I was thirteen, more than half my life.
I have played other games throughout my years of gaming, but nothing stuck like D&D did, I have become somewhat, kinda, obsessed with the game.

Sofar, I've been accepted into three rather different games, first was Rise of the Apocoliptians by DM, KGKGKG, right now we are travelling through a murky swamp filled with giant insects, trying to recover an Item that fell from the skies, I play a very intimidating Battle Sorceress who is the only female in the group, so has been trying to flirt her way into being accepted.

Secondly, I joined Infection: The Plague, A zombie horror, by MalchiorTheForgotten, here I play a struggling reporter who has yet to contribute to a newly formed gang.

And i've just recently joined a FR game E2U, a rather descriptive DM ifdesign, the game has just started, but already I love it, but don't him that. I play a rather hands on rogue, a halfling of even smaller proportions who specializes with his nimble fingers.

And ofcourse I DM my own game, its my very first attempt, so you could say its going a bit slow, I have some imaginitive writers in my party and I believe I chose tremendously well, not to say the others that applied were less as good, but i am please with my decision. My game is Fairhaven, a homebrewed setting, focused on a small mining town named 'Fairhaven' up in the snow capped mountains. Hopefully if my DMing skills improve and I get more recognition, I may start up another game.
A group of mid leveled adventurers manage to overcome a powerful mage, but manages to retreat at the last minute by shifting to another universe, but something goes wrong, he drags along the adventurers with him, along with alot more occupants of the previous universe, the adventurers now find them selves in a very foreign land, a massive stone city on an island, with a huge statue of a woman in a robe holding a tome and a torch, and a collosal building that the locals call 'the empire state building'.

Anyways, thank you for reading, and I hope I have fun here in DNDOG, sofar its been an addictive blast.

Last edited by SM1; Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
FOR SCIENCE!
Good People  

Event Judge  

Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11985
Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera Jondera
Well, you seem to have a handle on what you're doing, so let me just wish you a belated welcome.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Great Wyrm
Newsletter Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3171
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Welcome, ifdesign is good people, enjoy your games!

If you'd like a few GM tips, start with the new member guide and roll through player and game master guides in my signature. While you have experience, pretty much everyone will take something away from there that is beneficial.

Game on!
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31292
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Somewhere in the distance a stout wooden door is heard creaking slowly open, followed by the sound of tentative footfalls. The sound slowly draws closer to the considerable gathering of friends and acquaintances. If one were to peer into the crowd they would see no surprise in their faces, just anticipation; this is not the first time someone new has approached them, nor would it be the last.

As the steps of the newcomer gets closer, their shape begins to form. Shadowy at first, but soon it comes into full view. Any fear or trepidation they may have had approaching such a massive crowd sinks quickly away as they are greeted with thousands of happy, smiling faces. Old and young, male and female, peoples of all races, nations and cultures; the diverse gathering is clearly happy to see the neophyte.

Setting down their pencils and dice for a moment, the crowd turns to face the new visitor. With the trumpeting sound of angelic voices there rises a single word in unison from the throng…

Welcome!

And it is then that SM1 realizes that they are among many new friends!
Friendly AdviceJondera, WoLT and dirkoth (perhaps others) will post (if they have not already done so) with some VERY helpful advice. I would suggest you check out the links they provided. They will help you to navigate and enjoy DnDOG.
Old Apr 24th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88207
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome, kind of.. belatedly.

happy gaming.. which you are already undergoing..

heck, just good job, welcome, and have fun!
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
I've Rolled 2 Natural 20s

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1810
SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1 SM1
Again, better late than never.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.