Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 83
S6nculve
Ultral, Divine Template

Ultral
*Ultrals are ultraversal powers,*sentient personifications of omniverses. To creatures of lower dimensions they are incomprehensible in power.*
*These infinite beings dwell in the eleventh dimension. Ultrals are not born, they just are and have always been.*

Creating an Ultral

The ultral template can be added to any creature as follows:*
Gained: A character with infinite quintessence who passes the prerequisites for divine ascension gains the ultral template.
Paralleled: Only being who encompass one or more akashic records can possess*87,913 hit dice or more.
Other methods: No artifacts, epic items, epic spells can grant infinite divinity temporarily or permanently.
*Size and Type: Type changes to outsider and it also gains the extraplanar sub-type. In addition, ultrals cannot take the forms smaller than xona-titanic unless they voluntarily manifest with an appropriate number of hit die and finite divine rank (only entities with an infinite divine ranks have ultraific abilities).
*Minimum Hit Dice/Levels: 87,913. Ultrals can only manifest up to 87,912 hit die within lower dimensions (tenth or lower).
*Hit Dice: Ultrals use d1000's for hit die and gain infinite hit points (see divine bonus).
*Speed: Ultraluminal infinite feet in all mediums.
*Armor Class:*
** Deflection Bonus (Ex): Ultrals gain an infinite deflection bonus equal to their charisma modifier (see divine bonus).
** Divine Bonus (Ex): They also gain an infinite divine bonus to their armor class (see divine bonus).
** Natural Armor Bonus: They gain a natural armor bonus equal to their total hit die.
*Attacks:
** Divine Bonus (Ex): Ultrals gain an infinite divine bonus to attacks (see divine bonus).*
** Str Bonus:*Ultrals gain an infinite Str bonus to attacks (see divine bonus).*
*Special Attacks/Qualities:*
** Damage Reduction (Ex): Ultrals gain damage reduction infinity/-.*
** Divine Aura (Su): Ultraura Infinite range.
** Grant Spells (Su): Ultrals can grant spells of any level.
** Immortality (Ex): Ultrals do not age, requires no air, food, or drink to sustain itself, nor sleep.
** Ultrakashic (Ex): Ultrals can partially alter, create, and destroy their being (akashic record(s)) at will.
** Ultralic (Var):*Ultrals are *can gain all omnific, transcendental, cosmic, divine abilities and feats (including epic). An ultral need not have any of the prerequisites normally required for these abilities or feats to select them.
** Ultramune (Ex): An ultral is unaffected by magical or natural effects. They can still be affected by artifacts, epic magic items, and epic spells. Ultrals and their possessions are not affected by antimagic and dead-magic within their divine auras.
** Ultrapotent (Ex): Ultrals are ultrapotent, and have an infinite divine bonus (see divine bonus).
** Ultrapresent (Ex): Ultrals are ultrapresent, and can be near everywhere at once. Ultrals can have a number of manifestations equal to 87,912*divided by the minimum hit dice/levels of the divine template they choose (round down any fractions, see size and type).
** Ultrascient (Ex): Ultrals are ultrascient, and knows all that transpires within the lower dimensions (tenth and lower).
** Portfolios (Su): Ultrals can gain all portfolios (see below). An ultral need not have any of the prerequisites normally required for these portfolios to select them.
*Saves:*
** Divine Bonus (Ex): Ultrals gain an infinite divine bonus to saves.*
*Abilities: Ultral's ability scores are infinite (see divine bonus).
*Skills:
***Divine Bonus (Ex): Ultrals gain an infinite divine bonus to skills (see divine bonus).*
** Omnicompenant: Ultrals know all skills and have maximum ranks in all skills.
*Divine Abilities (Var): Infinite divine abilities (see divine bonus).
*Challenge Rating: Infinite (see divine bonus, and size and type).
*Treasure: Same as base creature.
*Effective Character Level: Infinite (see divine bonus, and size and type).
Old 07-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Anarchic Actuary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2744
chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant chaosaccountant
I'm really not sure I see the point of this. It's no good on a PC for obvious reasons. It's no good as an enemy or ally for the same reasons. It's not even an intresting background idea (and as a background idea, can be summed up as 'there are some infinately powerful creatures').
Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm really not that cool.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4265
loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock loki_ragnarock
I can only guess that this is a very, very dry joke.
-#577 From The Canonical List of Famous Last Words
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
S6nculve
Have you read the immortals handbooks, epic bestiary & divine ascension? When an Ultral manifests for whatever reason, they most likely manifest with a finite divine rank. High Lords and The Supreme Being can defend the omniverse from these enities.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4472
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Why are you bothering to post this? Are you wanting someone to challenge it? Pun-pun. I win. And that's by the books, not some crazy homebrew that seems to be designed exclusively to use the word "infinite" the largest number of times possible.

Are you wanting critiques? If so, don't criticize the people posting just because you don't like what they have to say.

Are you just wanting to show how powerful what you made is? Sorry, a good story will impress me far more than putting "infinite" on a page half a dozen times. On that topic, when you homebrew something, consider writing a small short story (even just a paragraph) featuring one in a game like situation and using at least something exclusive to them. If you can't make that interesting, what you've homebrewed probably isn't interesting.

Last edited by ShadowcatX; 07-06-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
S6nculve
I was trying to post a template to represent the Ultrals. The great libraries are infinite in divine rank; the Ultrals are manifestation of them
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4472
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
I mean most people post stuff here to talk through their ideas. Or to get help balancing something. You obviously aren't here for that. So why do you feel the need to make it public? Why do you feel beings that powerful even need stats? What are you hoping to gain from this? If you can tell us that perhaps we can assist you in what you're hoping to gain from this.

Of course, the fact that I'm pretty sure your great libraries are home brewed and you didn't give us any fluff on them (or on the Ultrals themselves) hinders us as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Walkin' on Watermellons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4487
CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH CE2JRH
Let's remember to be as friendly and fair as possible here.

It sounds to me like S6nculve is attempting to come up with an accurate template for something referenced (but never templated) in the Immortals Handbooks, Epic Bestiary, and or Divine Ascension. Having read (or heard) of none of these, I can not comment on the material. Are these books from WotC, or a 3rd party publisher? Can you summarize a bit more of the Ultral information without breaking OGL so we can get a better idea of how close your template conforms to the book description? Or is this material homebrew? If so, more background information might help us figure out if the template is going to accurately conform with the image or idea you're attempting to reach.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 PM
YFNW

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7561
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
To me, the word "infinite" should never be a number on a stat block.

What you might say instead is that an Ultral "takes no damage from attacks, spells, or effects, except for those created by another Ultral". State that they automatically succeed on all saving throws and skill checks, except when dealing with other Ultrals.

That way they can still have well-defined stats, as defined by you, and you don't have to bring theoretical mathematics into the picture.

You might want to consider creating some specific abilities that demonstrate the kind of thing an Ultral is capable of. I think you'll receive some criticism if the entire template is just a list of all the things the Ultral has an "infinite bonus" to.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
S6nculve
The books are third party. The books redefine Epic an divine rules and allow characters to play at truly any level and against any CR. Special abilities with infinite numerical values and infinite ability scores are only held by the most powerful of overgods (time lords and above). There are rules detailed in to books explaining how they work and interact.

Basically Rygar, The Stronge (999 hit dice time lord, divine rank 200) has infinite strength (basically infinite attack bonus, and damage), and Sekt, The Enduring (999 hit dice time lord, divine rank 200) has infinite constitution (basically infinite hit points, and fort save). Rygar attacks Setk, beating his AC and dealing infinite damage to Sekt. Sekt's infinite hit points cancels out Rygar's infinite damage.

A singularity golem (1000 hit dice construct, animated singularity from the center of a black hole) has infinite hit points, strength, and deals infinite d10's of damage, with gravitic mastery (infinite gravitic mastery bonus to armor class, attack rolls, damage rolls, checks, difficultly class, initiative, and saving throws), infinite damage reduction /-, and infinite fast healing. If a singularity golem attacks Sekt; Sekt would be dealt infinite damage three times over killing him. His infinite hit points would cancel out only the first infinite.

Last edited by S6nculve; 08-18-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Walkin' on Watermellons

Tools
User Statistics
In that case, I think it's mostly a problem that none of us know the books being referenced
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
S6nculve
These are the stats of a singularity golem, if anyone was wondering.

Singularity Golem
Size/Type: Large Construct
Hit Dice: 1000d1000+•* (•* hp)
Initiative: +•* (-1 Dex, +•* gravitic mastery)
Speed: Superluminal
Armor Class ••* (-1 size, -1 Dex, +•* gravitic mastery, +•* natural armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +375/+••*
Space/Reach: 10'/10'
Attack: slam +••* melee (•*d10d10+••*(•••* damage))
Full Attack: 2 slams +••* melee (•*d10+••*(•••* damage))
Special Attacks: Radiating heat, radiation zone, spaghettification zone, transtemporal
Special Qualities: Construct traits, DR •*/-, darkvision 60', event horizon, fast healing •*, immunity to magic, low-light vision, superluminal, transilent fortitude, transveral, unearthly construction*
Saves: Fort +•*, Ref +•*, Will +•*
Abilities: Str •* (+•*), Dex 9 (-1), Con -, Int -, Wis 11 (+0), Cha 1 (-5)
Challenge Rating: 4,720,000
Alignment: Neutral

*• is equal infinity, •• is equal infinity twofold, ••• is equal infinity threefold.

Last edited by S6nculve; 08-18-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Walkin' on Watermellons

Tools
User Statistics
I feel like most of us can't comment reasonably on this without knowing the 3rd party books being referenced...and I think you're referring to some pretty obscure material. I checked a couple gaming stores in town to see if I could find them to browse through them simply to offer you some assistance, and nobody I had talked to had even heard of them. Who's the publisher?...

Nevermind, found it online. No wonder I can't find hard-copies. Web releases only. When I get some free time I'll take a look at their free material and try to make heads or tails of the system.

http://www.immortalshandbook.com/ascension.htm --- if anyone is interested.

Last edited by CE2JRH; 08-18-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
*hums*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 143
Sorator Sorator
Quote:
*• is equal infinity, •• is equal infinity twofold, ••• is equal infinity threefold.
I can handle one infinity; once you get into multiple-fold infinities, however, I'm afraid I stop seeing the point in the word "infinity," and so I'm of no use here...
Old 08-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption RonarsCorruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6nclusive
• is equal infinity, •• is equal infinity twofold...
As soon as a theoretical infinite value is included, DnD is the wrong system for you to be using.

Still, if you want to go that route, let's look at this from the higest perspective first. Assuming, for the moment that • represents infinity, that means, • + anything smaller than • = •.

Therefore, any numbers other than •s are irrelevant to any calculation you perform. •+87913 is functionally equivalent to •+1, because of the nature of •. •+87913*10^99999 is the same deal. That's how big infinity is.

Now, there are two solutions to make this system more usable.

The first option is to entirely drop all non-infinite numbers. This leaves most creatures with stats of • hp, slam +• (•), and the like. Since all numbers are basically the same, you can substutite them with a more user-friendly term, '1'. Thus, all • become '1', all •• become '2', and so on.

The second option is to not let • actually equal infinity. •, instead represents an abstract measure of divine power, kinda like a divine rank, but better. Anything with •hp cannot be damaged by anything without a damage including •. anything with a • bonus to AC cannot be hit by anything without a bonus of • to hit.
With that change, you suddenly are playing normal-level sort of DnD, except better.

Last edited by RonarsCorruption; 08-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.