RPXP: 173
Details5252 Details5252
Erfworld RPG: Erflantis

Application deadline: Friday, August 2 at midnight

Game NameErfworld RPG: Erflantis
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeErfworld Simulation
FlavourA mad dash to explore an uncharted land
Plot SummaryIt was like a tornado passed through the magic kingdom. Nearly every discipline felt the change, each in their own way. The Lookamancers suddenly had new hexes to peek into. The Findamancers felt hundreds of interesting new things to look for. The Dirtamamers felt the shift in the geography of Erfworld like a punch in the gut. The Predictamancers felt the strings of Fate wrap themselves tightly around this new land. For that's what it was. A new continent had appeared overnight where previously there was just water. Erflantis. A land of possibilities.

While a large number of sides were occupied with the Great Western Conflict there were many who had managed to stay out of it. When word of this fresh land spread, these sides scrambled to fund expeditions. Boats were popped, stolen or bought. Trusted warlords were sent to claim territory. Chosen heirs were tasked with founding new sides. Eager barbarians saw an opportunity.

You are one of these commanders. You've spent a dozen turns sailing into what used to be wide, desolate ocean. All you have is a mark on a map given to you by a caster. Your rations have almost run dry. Most of the units you brought with you have croaked from starvation. Just when things are at their worst, and you are preparing to face the Titans, you see it. Land, ho!

Game DetailsThis is an Erfworld simulation game. The basic ruleset was devised by darthcharon and just finished up about a 20 turn alpha test. You can learn a lot about the rules by reading through the OOC and Mechanics threads here. I don't expect you to read all that now, but I do expect you to read it if accepted. I will be modifying the game using some concepts found in the Erfgame rules found on the Erfworld.com forums. You can find those rules here. Finally, I will be adding/modifying things to fit my own personal view of an Erf-sim and also to reduce GM workload, which was a big problem in the alpha test.

This game is really for Erfworld fanatics. If you haven't read all the comics and text updates, this probably isn't the game for you. It's also an RPG, not a play by post Civ 5. I expect everyone to develop a personality for their Ruler and roleplay it. I also expect everyone to act like natives of Erfworld. Parson is special because he thinsks outside the box and does simple things natives would never do. Your ruler should be acting like Slately and Don King and Stanley, not like Parson (or Charlie).

Application ProcessI plan to accept 3 players. Here's what I want in terms of application. It should be posted here in secret text.

Ruler name:
Side name:
Livery: image preferred
Ruler description: Signamancy and personality
Ruler backstory: Are you an heir sent to Erflantis to start a new side? A barbarian looking for stability. A warlord sent to explore who decides to start a side instead? Something else awesome I haven't thought of? What did your ruler do in Erfworld before he crossed the ocean?
How did your ruler find out about Erflantis and where it's located?
Side bonus: will be explained later, but you don't need it to start posting your concept.

How did you get into Erfworld?
What's your favorite strip, or who is your favorite character, or both?

Anything else you want to add. The more details you give the better.

Co-DMIf anyone is interested in Co-DMing this game with me, please speak up. I would love to run more players, but doubt I can handle more than 3. With a Co-DM, we could add more players.

Last edited by Details5252; 07-29-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Rules

I will organize and post the rules here. Everything is subject to change at a moment's notice as I modify darth's original ruleset. Also, since the mechanics of Erfworld are somewhat of a mystery to the residents, not every rule will be known by the players.

Side BonusEach side gets a unique bonus from the list below. If you have an idea for a new bonus for your side, run it by me, I'm sure we can figure out something that works.

Starting ForcesThe game will start just after your side founds it's capital. You will start with a Level 1 city with the Throne Room upgrade, a Level 3 Warlord to represent your Ruler and a small number of units to represent the troops that survived the voyage. Everyone starts with a Scout, and you can add either a Scout and a Stabber, a Scout and a Piker or an Archer.

Map InfoThe map will consist of a large island (obvs). I haven't made the map yet or determined the exact size. It will contain a variety of points of interest, wandering monsters and barbarians as well as NPC sides. NPC sides will consist of a single city only and won't found new ones, but otherwise behave like a normal side.

Below is the map info for darth's game. I will be using a different program to make my map, so much of the info won't directly apply, but it will give you a general idea of how terrain works and what kind of map features there will be.

UnitsThough there are a large variety of different types of units, most sides are fairly limited early on to basic troops. One’s diversity will grow considerably once natural allies have been found and recruited. In addition, every side will eventually "unlock" a unique heavy unit and mount unit, although your cities will not be able to pop these units initially.

All units have an upkeep cost equal to 10% of their initial cost, which must be paid for at the start of every turn. Also, unlike buildings, units take time to build. Production time determines how many turns it would take a level 1 city to produce. Higher level cities can produce things proportionally faster, i.e. a level 3 city could produce an archer/turn, or 3 stabbers every 2 turns.

Units

Natural Allies

Command UnitsCommand Unit, Commander or Hero is a blanket term for both casters and warlords (and rarely other special units). Command Units have a variety of special rules which apply to them.

XP and Levelling

Managing Cities

Leading Stacks

CitiesEach player starts with a single Level 1 city which starts with the capital improvement for free. Cities require a certain number of improvements plus an expediture of Shmuckers to grow. A Commander or Courtier must be present in the city for it to grow. A city may only grow a single level each turn. Each city will provide 1,000 smucker/turn/level. The exact mechanics of walls, city defense and assaulting cities is still being determined.

City Growth

Improvements
Improvements are built instantly once the cost is paid. Improvements are not cumulatives. Upgrades supercede weaker improvements. For example, if you have a Merchant and a Tradesman, you only gain +40% Shmuckers. Note, you still count as having 2 Improvements for city growing purposes.

Misc NotesStacking Bonuses

Rounding

Orders

Scouting and Updating Maps

Chief Warlords and Heirs

Combat Bonuses

CombatThe big one, and still a living ruleset.
The Battlemap

Combat Rounds

Tactical Movement

The Fighting 8

Engaging and Disengaging

Combat Pairings

Striking Blows

Reorganize

Ranged Attacks

Mounted Combat

Rulers and Combat

Last edited by Details5252; 07-24-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Misc. Info

This post is for any "extra" info I want to add. I'll also use it a FAQ if good questions arise.
Application ExampleI don't expect you all to be as crazy as I was, but here is my application for darthcharon's game. This will give you an example of the level detail I'd like to bring to this game.

Possible Sides
PlayerApp Status
GrimDarkOtterComplete
Taikei no YuureiComplete
MisericordeMostly done
MoridianStarted
TheMysticStarted
KellyCatStarted
goplayer7Interest
DwazelInterest
Fragmaster01Interest

Last edited by Details5252; 07-24-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Spawner of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8255
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Moridain; 07-20-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Hikaru no Go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6531
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
I am most definitely going to apply for this.

Last edited by goplayer7; 07-30-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Moridian, you probably want to secret that.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Hikaru no Go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6531
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7

Last edited by goplayer7; 07-20-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic

Last edited by TheMystic; 07-28-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Cool start Mystic. I particularly love the side name.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Dwazel
I'd like to apply for this, but I'm currently constructing the idea for my side having rejected an initial one, is there a time frame in which to apply?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwazel View Post
I'd like to apply for this, but I'm currently constructing the idea for my side having rejected an initial one, is there a time frame in which to apply?
At some point there will be a time frame, but none currently. I still need to wait for the game to be accepted. Get all my info organized. Make a map. So there's still a lot of work, but I encourage people to start working on their sides now. The earlier we start discussing the more time you have to really bring your side to life. It's all about the details.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Evil kitten

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Details5252 Details5252
Old 07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6
Taikei no Yuurei
Silly work making me take so long to make an account to apply to this. I'll work up some stuff for my side in a bit.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5813
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
I'll get to work on putting my faction about. I'll probably alter it a bit from the one I had in the alpha test, but it will still have much sass.