Notices

Old Oct 6th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 461
Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono Chrono
Ready to Play

Hi there. I am new here and waiting for my first solo game. As it stands, that won't happen for a while since there is a long line to wait in. And I really REALLY want to start playing. I have lots of experience with 3.5 and 4e rules (I have books for both), and I am currently learning the d20 rules to expand my horizons. Plus I am frequently available on the internet, so 5-10 posts a week is easily manageable.

As far as characters go, I have played a wide variety. From most experience to least, I have played a paladin, rogue, cleric, fighter, wizard, bard, and monk. The first 3 I have played in both rule sets. I like to play a variety of races (except gnomes), but I tend to favor humans and elf varieties. For the 3.5 rules, I have played levels 1-10 extensively and dabbled quite a lot in 11-20. For the 4e rules I mostly play in the Heroic and Paragon paths.

Having said all of that, I am EXTREMELY flexible. I like trying new things and I am a fast learner. I've done a lot of DMing and Co-DMing for both rule sets. The D20 is self-taught so far.

Here is a little Role-play Sample from a 3.5 instance where I was playing a rogue named Luffy.

DM: Ok the staircase is a little wet, so you have to roll a balance check to walk down the stairs. DC is 10.

(The other two players succeed.)

Me: (rolled a natural 1) Luffy takes a big step, confident in his abilities to descend the stairs. He slips and falls with a yelp and begins rolling down the stairs.

DM: Go ahead and roll a tumble check for Luffy to see what kind of damage he will take.

Me: (rolled a natural 20) Luffy tumbles all the way down the staircase and lands on his feet. He is quite shaken and a little banged up, but nothing that would count as real damage. If questioned by the others, he will act like he did it on purpose.

(Bluff check fails. One character humors him, the other rolls her eyes.)

DM: Ok, now before you can go any farther you are suddenly surprised by three large rats.

(Initiative is rolled. The other players go first and second, each successfully hitting the rat of their choice but not killing them.)

Me: "This is how its done," Luffy says. He is eager to prove his worth, especially considering the previous incident. (attack roll fails)

DM: (rolls for 3 rats, only Luffy's hits) Luffy, rather then hit your rat with a rapier you stick your sword into the ground. Before you can pull it out, the rat leaps up and bites you on the arm. (damage is done)

Me; "Aaaaaaaaaah! Get it off me! Get it off me!" Luffy dances about in a wild panic, trying desperately to shake the rat off.

...so this was actually a snippet from my first table-top dnd experience. Needless to say, Luffy developed an abnormal fear of rats after this that the DM and I both enjoyed exploiting.
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RP Sampling

Here is a sample post from a campaign I am currently participating in. My character's name is Tom Black.

Tom Black's attitude is not in the least dissuaded by any of these questions. In fact, he seems eager to respond to them. "My dear, I am but a humble adventurer," Tom says with a flourished bow, choosing to answer Namoe first. "I am sure it may be difficult for you to grasp my greatness simply from a glance, but I assure you that I am quite capable if I do say so myself. And I have many trophies to speak of my valor," he adds with a flourish of his rod.

"Now you good Halfling," Tom says with a wave to Beeble, "you have asked a very key question. How indeed has Tom Black discovered an Exper lab, a rarity in and of its self, but also one that is intact? Now I suppose that I could tell you my tales of grand discovery and adventure, but I am sure there will be plenty of time for us to bear witness to each other's great deeds. Suffice to say," he says with a wink, "anyone can find the right location if they have a good enough map."

He turns away from Beeble as if he is finished, and then turns back suddenly. "Oh yes, forgive me but you asked how I know that the lab is still intact?" Tom smiles knowingly and taps the rod to his nose. "That is because I have seen it."

He gestures with a grand wave again, and then looks around at everyone's faces eagerly waiting other questions.
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RP Sampling

Another roleplaying sample. This time I am playing the dwarf Groggin.

Groggin was lost in his own world, having a nice chat with no one that actually existed about the need to better one's self. He did not notice the guards in their cruel treatment towards the old man and child. If he had, he would have stepped in much sooner. Groggin very much disliked how the arrogant treated the unfortunate, especially when the only difference was a a few measly coins.

He did, however, notice an agile Xeph with strait black hair rush past him, and a little voice in his head whispered for him to pay attention. Sure enough, his eyes followed the Xeph until they saw the scene that was taking place. The small pack of reptiles would make short work of the old man and child, and besides the Xeph there seemed no one rushing to their aid.

With a dwarfish grunt, Groggin took the initiative to join in the battle, hoping to save the old man and child from their plight. Initiative:
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20-1: (10) - 1 Total = 9
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48
Norsk Drake
I've just put up an ad. for a my games need for a new Defender. To speed up the process I'm posting this into any 'Player Seeking' threads that may be interested.

Advert Link

Please come by.
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 348
mourneblade mourneblade mourneblade mourneblade
Join my game, Shadow Slayers
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RP Sampling

Apa got down on his knees next to the little girl. "There there. Don't cry. You will be ok." The little girl continued to sob. Her face was now quite a mess with so much dirt sticking to the tears on her face.

Apa used the edge of his robe to wipe the 5 year old's face. "It's ok to be afraid, but you can't just lay there and cry. Even when you are afraid, you have to be brave. Now come on. Dry those tears."

"Be brave when you are afraid?" his familiar laughed softly in his head. "Not only is that advice awkward, but it isn't even something you would be able to follow, much less this little girl. Though I suppose," she added as she looked at the girl, "it will be fine so long as it works."

Sure enough, the little girl had stopped crying. She wasn't smiling just yet, but it was a good start. "There you are," Apa said with his biggest grin. "Now then, you need to get up and help the others." The little girl nodded, a spark of determination lighting its self in her eyes. She pulled herself up off the ground and ran over to where the other children were huddled together.

"You still have a lot to learn Apa," his companion thought to him, "but you have a good heart that will never lead you astray."
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Luna whiped both of her feet up and droped them on the table, causing her plate to rattle a little bit. She put her hands behind her head with a huge confident smile on her face. This is the chance that I have been waiting for, she thought to herself. All I have to do is help track down the rogue Hollow and kill it. Then everyone will see my greatness and come to appreciate me. I'll be promoted strait to captain for sure! Luna's smile grew even bigger, and she leaned back in her chair so that the front two legs rose slightly above the ground.

“No worries my friend,” Luna said out loud to everyone. “We will be able to handle this mystery hollow without any casualties. Don't forget that you have me on your side, and there’s no foe I can’t beat when I get serious! Ha ha ha!” She began to laugh confidently and lean back even farther in her chair. This time, she went too far back and fell backwards out of her chair.

She lay there, back and head on the floor with her arms and legs sticking up at odd angles, for two full breaths. Then she quickly rolled over onto her hands and knees and pretended that she had gone down on purpose to search for enemies. “Let’s see here. Everything looks secure down here. What about under here? Yes, everything appears to be alright here as well.” She stoods up proudly. "The area is secure. You may praise me now."

Unseen by any of the others in her room, Nakayoshi appeared and began to clap and cheer while dancing all about the room. The others just stared at her with varied expressions. "Well, no worries then," Luna said after a pause. "There is no sense in debating ifs or hows. We were chosen for this task, which means we are capable of completing it. So let's get out there and hunt down that Hollow!" She clapped Apa on the shoulder since he was the nearest one and gave him a big confident smile. Then she kicked her chair upright and plopped back down in it. She held her confident smile hard until the fluster of embarrassment faded from her cheeks.

.......Later, in battle.......

Jade cried out as the Hollow bit into her shoulder. Luna saw her bang the hilt of her zanpacto down on the Hollow's had, causing it to release its grip on her. "Jade are you alright?" Luna shouted. She could see the blood running down her friend's arm. "Hang on! I'll come over and heal you right away."

She raced towards her friend, ignoring Jade's insistence that she was alright and her pleas for Luna to stay back. She's worried about my safety, Luna thought to herself. Jade is such a good friend. Don't worry about me Jade. I will heal your suffering no matter what the risk. This was not actually the case however. Jade was more terrified of Luna's healing spell then she was concerned for her friend's safety. But there was nothing she could do to escape it.

"Healing light, I call you to aid us. Power of life, I ask for your aid." Luna was chanting her own mantra for the spell. Healing arts did not require any incantation, but Luna liked to do it anyway. Somehow it made the spell more flashy, and that made it fun. "Healing Arts Number 2: Cure Wounds!" As she shouted the last words, she reached out and forcefully placed her palm against Jade's shoulders. There was a loud AAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE! from her friend as the shock pulsed through her body. But the spell did the trick. The wound closed, ceasing the flow of blood.

"No need to thank me Jade," Luna said proudly. "I know that you understand-OW!" Jade bent down and held her head with both hands over the spot where Jade had struck her. Luna heard her friend shouting angrily at her, something about getting her healing spells fixed. She's always so shy when I heal her, Luna thought to herself as she gave Jade an apologetic grin. I just wish she could come up with a less violent way of hiding her appreciation.

Last edited by Chrono; Nov 6th, 2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: RP Sampling
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Bloody Knuckles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 328
Reginald Reginald Reginald Reginald
Hello Chrono,
Freakatheart80 is running an arena game, and I'm helping recruit players. The format is 3v3. You can enter an entire team, or bring one character to be slapped between two more, like a character sandwich. Your choice. For more info, click here. Any questions, please pm me or freakatheart80.
Cheers,
REG
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8
IWYLLPA
Hey Chrono,

I'm starting up a mostly non-combat 4e (standard) game over in this thread - this could be a great game to develop a character's backstory (since it's fairly fluid and doesn't revolve around combat.) If you want actually do some combat and stuff, you might look in to one of your other offers. However if you want to have a chance to do some non-combat roleplaying and develop a character's backstory, this could be the game for you. Who knows, maybe you could join another more 'traditional' game and mine so that you can get the best of both worlds. Drop me a line in that recruiting thread if you're interested.

"I am capable of rearranging the fundamental building blocks of the universe in under six seconds with enough time left over to move 30 feet..."
-Vaarsuvius, from The Order of the Stick by Rich Burlew[/size]
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Always a DM but never a player.