X in the Capital -- an in-person RPGX get together in Ottawa, Canada - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Announcements and Staff Rooms > Announcements
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 03:13 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35560
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
X in the Capital -- an in-person RPGX get together in Ottawa, Canada

right-aligned image

Ever wonder if your friends here were imaginary?

Maybe you can find out! We're going to try something new. If you are within driving distance of Ottawa, Canada, please join us for an afternoon of games and hanging out on Sunday, August 15 from 1 to 5 pm! Birched will be there, and a couple of staff and the RPG Crossing Radio personality known as kingmonkey have indicated interest (depending on schedules, family, and what have you.) Come on out -- I'd love to meet you!
  • Who is invited? RPG Crossing Community members only (and family 12 & up; see also Covid restrictions) who have received a personal confirmation from Birched; if you would like to come, please send Birched a pm!
  • Date and Time: Sunday, 15 August, 2021; 1 to 5 pm (if you are coming in from out of town after a long drive and want a place to land and eat lunch a bit early or something, let me know)
  • Venue: TBD, leaning towards outdoors if weather is perfect with an indoor option (we have options for venue; also, in part because of Covid restrictions on numbers, this information will be given out through direct communication with Birched)
  • Cost: The cost will be what is required for cost recovery on snacks plus venue. It will not be more than $20, and will likely be much less. If this is a hardship for you, please do not let it prevent you from coming, just contribute what you can.
  • Activities: Board games and other games playable in a couple of hours or less; if you have something you like, bring it along (or ask if we have it already.)
  • Covid restrictions: We will abide by whatever government restrictions are in place on August 15. Currently, rules restrict our numbers to 25 and require that masks be worn indoors (I plan to have an outdoor option for if the weather is good.) To keep us all as safe as possible, I ask that only people who have received at least one (and preferably both) vaccines come to this event. Because vaccines are only available for those 12 & up, 12 will be the minimum age for this event (with apologies.)
  • Age range: 12 and up (mostly because of the vaccine thing above.)
  • Questions? Want to come? send Birched a pm

If you want to run another event in your local area at the same time (this one is running in Eastern Daylight Time), please let Birched know, and we'll try to coordinate an online 'hello!' (I don't want to turn this into a virtual event, though, so we won't let this dominate things.)

RSVP ASAP!

Looking forward to it!

PS This would be a great opportunity to wear your RPG Crossing t-shirt It's been a while since we did one of those....
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 11:37 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15789
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
I’ll be attending… as long as Dirkoth stays home.
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 88157
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Ever since that maple syrup/poutine scandal, I am not allowed in America's Hat.
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 12:10 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
It was awesome to meet everyone who attended. Special thanks to Birched for his hospitality, and for providing a Dirkoth free party. The barbed wire and "No Dirkoths" sign were a nice touch.
Old Aug 16th, 2021, 06:55 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylorne View Post
The barbed wire and "No Dirkoths" sign were a nice touch.
Pretty much available at any Party City, Toys R Us, and Home improvement store in north america.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 03:42 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35560
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
We had a great afternoon and evening! Thank you to everyone who came out! The attached photo captures most of us. I cropped out the most outrageous portions of anti-Dirk fencing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rpgxcapital2021.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	92071  
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 04:31 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
That picture is useless without captions. Which one is raylorne so I can make fun of him?
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 04:56 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
I’m hiding in the playhouse.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 07:55 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylorne View Post
I’m hiding in the playhouse.
sure, like you are allowed within 500 feet of where children might be.
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 10:32 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Reason #248 why I’m not allowed in Tampa.