OOC Out Of Character--TECHNICAL-- discussions - Page 112 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Eberron > KILLFEAR > CO Transdimensional Gestalt Fun
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Oh Random... Yeah go right ahead and barge your way in.

Hells, if we keep it up, I'll have Xander come on down to fight HUGE EVIL!!!!!

Realy. I'm interested in seeing how he is goin to interact with celestine, and Orvelius. Perhaps it's best to jump on the scene before Kimoko gets out of range.. she teds to ... smooth things over.

I'll post in the morning.
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil kearney
Oh

I'll post in the morning.

hehe. Actually, if random is going to show up, I should probably wait right here until he does.

Sorry or the delay, but I'd like to ahve everyone get togethe here while kimoko is still around to vouch for him.

Is kimoko going to voice for Night?
It would certainly be better than a rakshasa showing up in the middle of a fight with other devils.
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Dragoon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fil kearney
hehe. Actually, if random is going to show up, I should probably wait right here until he does.

Sorry or the delay, but I'd like to ahve everyone get togethe here while kimoko is still around to vouch for him.

Is kimoko going to voice for Night?
It would certainly be better than a rakshasa showing up in the middle of a fight with other devils.
Sorry, I haven't really been keeping up with all the new OOC stuff; how would she know him?
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
randomsyllable
Well, more that even if you have truesight (please god, no ;p), I'm dripping in Good taint (grr) making me a NG aligned character! Between that and an intelligent item that wants me to do nothing but aid in the downfall of evil, I'm pretty much going to be a nice guy. If you don't have truesight, all the better!
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
kimoko and Night have been on the sonia for some time.
I would have mentioned Orvelius as a reliable source as well, but he has no rep either... but at least night, orvel, and Kim all know each other.

But I don't know their relationships to each other. that is up to you.

IF night saw a portal to hell he would be compelled to explore it. In this instance, it looks like he got lucky... the question is how he got into the spirit world... which can be resolved any way you wish.
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
randomsyllable
Yes to all of the above, more or less. I'm going to answer this in the other thread, however.
Old Nov 8th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
Uh... Fil, how does detect thoughts, telepathy and mindsight interact with intelligent undead?

Hey Random, what kind of disguises/wards do you have up?
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
It works the same as everyone else. Random is just taking creative licensing and bypassing your awareness.

He'll get the rhythm of us soon enough.
hey... he's yer friend.. get em up to speed already, wontcha???
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
Okay. I was just double checking because undead have that pesky immunity to mind effects, which in the rules is very poorly defined in regards to telepathy and illusion effects (I remember there being a huge debate on this over on the WotC forums).

Quote:
hey... he's yer friend.. get em up to speed already, wontcha???
I think I've seen Random more frequently on the boards here than I have in person.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics

My thoght is mindsight isn't affecting him. you aren't reading his mind. you are noting that it is present.

If telepathy was mind affecting, you would be mind blind to him. but it's not. unless there was erratta that says it is and the SRD is out of date.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Something I"ve been thinking about, so will add to the wiki... Thought I would bring it up...

Most of the outer planes and inner planes have a definite up and down... gravity. Some don't.

Although the "unclaimed" area of the Beyoind generally allows everything to have perfect flight at their normal speed, gravity exists in plenty of areas.
This close to the Curtain, I feel gravity is likely still present due to the proximity to Eberron. I'm calling this a "bleed", which will make this encounter much more enjoyable if pursued.... ground tracking becomes possible.

Moving "away" from Eberron into the Deep Beyond will allow for different rules to dominate... like someone is "leaping off" into the void.

Long story short, there is gravity when you step out of the Spirit world grove into the beyond, but in the upcoming journey to the monk's temple, those rules may change along the way.

This version of the Beyond is new to me, and I'm enjoying the possibilities of it... especially as we grow in higher levels of power... changing laws of physics will allow for more peculiar challenges for more powerful characters.

Thinking out loud. Linking to wiki.
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Surreal
You just want an excuse to try and map out Escher's Stairway (aka "Relativity") in Excel don't you

link so you don't have to google it
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
a gith temple in limbo would be an appropirate location for all of those.

I would have to break out my copy of zbrush to be able to do that well, and I wouldn't expect everyone to get a copy to play.....

but that would be fun!
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DaveTheMagicWease
So the further away from the material you move the more tenuous becomes the hold of its laws of physics. I like that. And I'm becoming more and more convinced that all the contortions and lost cleric caster levels it took to fit transdimensional spell in were worth it.

Anyway, I get the feeling from the grove that combat is gonna soon be approaching, so just to quickly clarify that I understand how 'initiative' works (can't find anywhere in the wiki where its spelt out explicitly):

1. People go in the order they post in
2. One post per turn, if you don't post within c. 1 day fil posts his turn and you skip yours
Old Nov 9th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Moonatic

Tools
User Statistics
ChristopherGroves
You're basically right on the init thing Dave. Turns progress when Fil posts.

Fil, I'm still a bit hazy how how one does "go" beyond. Is that a simple declaration and a mental "action" one takes?