RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Eternity's End (Head GM) > Eternity's End > Common Areas > The Altar
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 AM
WoLT's Avatar
WoLT WoLT is offline
Outer Deity
Newsletter Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-12-2019
RPXP: 3165
WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT WoLT
Posts: 9,834
How to use the Obelisk of Power

The Obelisk of Power




Thematic Music

Any hero will unerringly withstand adversity, but if you want to test their character, give them power.

The Obelisk is a great monument found at the center of the Arcanium that is literally bursting with arcane powers from the beyond. Few have withstood it's touch, most being reduced to ash, but those few whose character and experience trumps their peers has sometimes been blessed with powers gifted from the Outer Deities.

 
__________________
Quick Start Advice | PBP GM Academy | New Member Guide | Player Guide | GM Guide
Become CS! | WoLT Game Wiki | AKK
Pathfinder Player/GM? Join the team at Eternity's End

Last edited by WoLT; 03-09-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2019
RPXP: 8928
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 11,961

Flacari Avant

Flacari seems to have been wandering around Eternity's End far longer than she realized was possible. There was just too much to see and too much to do to see it all in a reasonable amount of time. It wasn't until she entered this current room that she finally felt ill-at-ease. Something about this room, with it's floating energy and swirling pools of color seemed off to her.

Not realizing what things where, Flacari cautiously approached the obelisk, intrigued by it's presence. She walked around it slowly once, trying to place it's role. Within Eternity's End, even the strangest of items had a purpose unknown the the denizens within.

Flacari slowly reached out a hand to it, "What exactly are you doing hHHHEEEEEeerrrre....."



Kellin Meyers

As a brilliant ball of energy arches from the Obelisk to Flacari, enveloping her body, her form slowly seems to contort and convert into that of Kellin Meyers.

WHAT A RUSH!

Kellin blinks several times and looks around where he currently is.



Last edited by Insacrum; 07-19-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2019
RPXP: 8928
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 11,961

Kellin Meyers

Kellin walks into the room, looking blankly at the large obelisk crackling energy in the middle of the room. He isn't sure why he is here, for surely he doesn't want to be here. His feet continue to move him closer and closer to the dangerous thing, yet he can't stop himself from getting closer. Suddenly he is too close.




Gabriel Mitchel and Lillian

Suddenly Kellen is gone, and in his place a ball of energy. While most of these such occurrences result in another body materializing, this time the ball of energy floats away.

 


See here for destination.

Last edited by Insacrum; 10-09-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten's Avatar
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-02-2019
RPXP: 1511
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975

Waffle Mohawk
Waffle stumbles into this room and takes a look at the Obelisk, grabbing his head with his right hand. A look of pain upon his face. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!!" He yells to no one, but perhaps maybe to the voices in his head. The power of the Obelisk seemingly making them far noisier than they'd been previously. "Shuuuut uuuupp! I'll show you!!!" With that, he unclenches his hand from his head and makes a mad dash for the Obelisk, seemingly trying to tackle it to pieces, but upon touching it, he dematerialises into bolts of energy that beam into the Obelisk and become absorbed.


Energy beams from the Obelisk, forming another figure:

Newo Tesla

Newo looked about, not quite knowing where she was. She headed for the door.

__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan

Last edited by MalchiorTheForgotten; 10-09-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-21-2019
RPXP: 8928
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 11,961


Gabriel Mitchel and Lillian

Gabriel enters

Gabriel looks around the room, trying to determine what is happening here. He has never been here but something tells him otherwise. He approaches the Obelisk curiously, finally getting a little too close, as a bright purple light envelopes him.

Glitch Craft, the Baroque'N

Glitch Enters

A large green lightning crackles from the obelisk, landing on the floor, close to the where the Purple light previously was. As the energy recedes, it coalesces into the form of a man. An ominous green glow shows from below a pulled up hood. The glow swivels around the room, as if taking in the area, then the man leaves the room.

Glitch Leaves

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 AM
William Imm's Avatar
William Imm William Imm is offline
Da Hype
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-19-2018
RPXP: 1871
William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm William Imm
Posts: 3,313
Kellen Zatqualmie Foechuckle Society of Planeswalker

A gnome trotted upon the Oblesk for the first time, acting as if he was in a daze. Despite all senses telling him to stop, he couldn't stop himself from touching it, as a blue light engulfed him...


Sydylys Yacorome The Lost

A blue-green energy ball suddenly appears where the gnome has been - it then materialized into a elf wearing what appeared to be noble garments - lying on the floor. In a daze, the only thing he could do was walk towards the front lobby.



Last edited by William Imm; 12-08-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-27-2019
RPXP: 10344
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,813
 


I'm going to hold off on this for the moment and join an adventure at level 2, as I'm one of the only PCs at that level.
__________________

Last edited by Quarterpound; 03-29-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979

Noridai Golinodel, of the Mingott Cartel

Noridai was feeling slightly confused as she approached the Obelisk. "Hey, I-I was heading to the bathroom. Why am I here..."

She spots someone who seems familiar, approaching him unconsciously. Then her eyes go wide "Wait, no. I-no. No, I don't want to fade.

Suddenly her hand twitches hitting the pillar and causing her flare out of existance.


Maram the Lawful
of The Mysterium

Maram doesn't step out so much as fall, landing on the ground with a look of a child newly born. He blinks, squinting at the faint light of the altar. Then he pulls himself to his feet, taking a moment to straighten his robes before heading out into reality.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten's Avatar
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-02-2019
RPXP: 1511
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975

Xandria Adahi Technoratti

With a flick of her hair, a glance in your direction, Xandria catches your eye. Maybe it was the outlandish clothes she wore, maybe it was the weapons she carried. Whatever it was about her, it just radiated trouble.

"Look, either you tell me where the artifact is, or Syxx here will put a hole in your face."

Xandria entered the room, this... Obelisk of Power... Closing her eyes and reaching out for it, she thought of home.



Xandria was absorbed into the Obelisk with beams of energy, but the Obelisk doesn't power down, instead it seems to be forming something else...


Waffle Mohawk
Waffle flies out of the Obelisk, having been mid tackle he stumbles to the floor. His eyes wild and his mind raving. "Hey! this place again! Well, let's see what's goin' on in Nowheresville."
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-06-2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043
OOC
I've completed 3 adventures as a GM and I am applying for a new player Tier.

I've claimed and received GMXP three times at the alter.

Here is my GM Suite and my Player thread.
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 AM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-03-2019
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Tier Change
I purchased a Community Supporter subscription as a birthday gift to myself. This qualifies me for Tier 2 here at Eternity's End.

Character: Zeyleen
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; 05-28-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-27-2019
RPXP: 10344
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,813
Ulfskar and RainbowMagicPen tiers updated.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Dpete's Avatar
Dpete Dpete is offline
Precious
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-09-2018
RPXP: 1968
Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete
Posts: 1,652

Kutan Saru The Lost

Still feeling adventurous, Kutan decides to wander the halls a bit before he resigns for rest, giving no regard to the warnings he had heard about such activities. The bard ventures into the East Wing, where he is stricken by the sight of a large monument in the center. He is drawn to it, an urge he cannot resist. He soon finds himself at the base of the obelisk, hand reaching out to touch it. Then... poof!



Ozaal (The Brotherhood of Ascendancy)

Ozaal squints his eyes, blinking vigorously in an attempt to regain his senses. Is this... death? He sits up, taking a glance around to acquaint himself with his surroundings. The marble floor on which he was laying sprawled out into what appeared to be some sort of inn. There to greet him was only an ominous floating mask.

__________________
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
thewattinator's Avatar
thewattinator thewattinator is offline
Lost Pilgrim
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-03-2017
RPXP: 3206
thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator
Posts: 3,111
OOCJust noticed that I'm still listed as tier 1. I'm claiming my tier 2 status on the grounds that I am a Community Supporter.

Private Thread
__________________
Posting Status: Resuming normal schedule
DM: The Great Sea | PC: Unwanted; The Lost Coast
Resources: The Art of the Two Paragraph Post | Ten-Minute Background
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:32 PM
thewattinator's Avatar
thewattinator thewattinator is offline
Lost Pilgrim
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-03-2017
RPXP: 3206
thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator
Posts: 3,111

Valentina Thiodet, of the Skull n' Bones

Moving through the halls of Eternity's End, Valentina could hear music playing. She didn't know where it was coming from, or what it meant, but it enchanted her, sending energy coursing through her being and inspiring her. Leaping from pointed toe to pointed toe, she danced her way through the ever-changing labyrinth, letting herself be carried along by the music.

When it was over, she kept on dancing. It was only when she found herself confronted by the massive stone obelisk, crackling with arcane power, that she stopped dancing. Curious, enthralled, she approached it, reaching out and touching a single spot with the pad of her index finger. As it subsumed her, all she could think of was the melody the humming sung out, and what it might be like to dance to that.
Salman Stormcloak the Ascendant

Even after Valentina was subsumed, the crackling did not cease. The energy continued to build up until it reached a critical mass. Then, all of a sudden, the energy discharged, a giant ball of blue energy, in the center of which was Salman. Despite the violent expulsion, he still managed to land on all fours, his spears rattling as the energy arced their length. Standing calmly, he checked his robes for scorch marks, then walked off into the End without a word.
__________________
Posting Status: Resuming normal schedule
DM: The Great Sea | PC: Unwanted; The Lost Coast
Resources: The Art of the Two Paragraph Post | Ten-Minute Background
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB