Game Thread Chapter 1: The Bastards of Erebus - Page 32 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Council of Thieves
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #466  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:39 PM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is offline
BigPiggyPigBigPig
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2023
RPXP: 39476
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 21,566
"I'll help carry whatever coins you can't hold onto. I'll take this one." He grabs the chair leg that Katya tossed and tucks it into his belt, remembering the skeletons. He'll need a makeshift bludgeoning weapon if it comes down to it again.

He wades back across the sewar (he's already soaking with filth anyways) to join Rrashmir and Darrien and wait for the others. When they are ready to go and Katya either gives the lantern or keeps it, Spur will get his sword and crossbow ready to continue.

 
.

Last edited by PIG; Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:06 AM
roguepen's Avatar
roguepen roguepen is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2013
RPXP: 309
roguepen roguepen roguepen roguepen
Posts: 755
OOCI am waiting to find out how you guys want to divvy up the treasure. I know some are near their carrying capacity. And who will be trusted to hold onto the stone? I never heard anything from Darrien, did he follow or just wait outside?


Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Tokasaurusrex's Avatar
Tokasaurusrex Tokasaurusrex is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 29th, 2013
RPXP: 242
Tokasaurusrex Tokasaurusrex Tokasaurusrex
Posts: 155
Darrien watched as the others piled into the room from where the goblins had earlier emerged. He turned to follow but paused instead, concerned about the possibility of the goblin's return once they figure out they've been fooled. Deciding to wait in the tunnel he extinguishes the light, Stealth Check = 2quietens himself and Perception = 9listens for all he can hear. Keeping an ear out for the muffled conversation from the room his allies have entered.

 
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1414
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,398
Katya rubs her thumb over the stone, wiping off some of the muck. "It looks like a blue quartz. Not too big of one though, only about 8-10 gold worth. Although.." giving the stone some thought, "I know a guy that might be able to double our money on it." She stuffs the gem into her pocket, gathering up the rest of the gold. "We can sort through this if we ever find Janiven's."

"Grab what you want, and lets go." She waits for the others to follow Spur out the door and across the sewer, holding the lantern for them. With a running start, she
Dice Acrobatics:
1d20+8 (9)+8 Total = 17
Come on lucky 15.
jumps across the sewer, again, nearly falling in. She hands the lantern back to Spur, at arms length, "I guess that was only worth it depending on which side of the sewer you landed on, huh?" Turning, "Rra, would you mind doing that cleaning thing? Spur, here, is trying a little too hard to blend in."
__________________
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before."

Last edited by epelj1; Jan 21st, 2013 at 11:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:47 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,838
"Naturrraly," Rrashmir states before working the man over removing the remains of waste and wetness from his body before pulling his sword out of it's sheath and cutting a 8-9 inches or sosmall piece of the rope he had acquired and drying and twisting it tight once more. That done he split the fibers into two groups on one side and placed the small triangular mirror between the two bonding the rope back together with a small flame produced in his hand. Once it was set tightly into the rope he ran the flame along the rest of the small piece of rope hardening and stiffening the new handle before placing it into one of his pouched.

It wasn't the greatest of contraptions, but it would allow him to peak around corners in times of need, something he had a feeling would come in handy.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Zarrin Zarrin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2019
RPXP: 263
Zarrin Zarrin Zarrin
Posts: 561
Looking around for a bit longer taking a ball of core he looks it over for a few moments before giving it a sniff slipping it into his pocket with a smile upon his lips. "you know this is not that bad a at all." Trundle say's looking around for a few more moments before a smile crossed his lips "oh here is your arm of dog for your snack." Trundle called out pulling out the half eaten leg from the the top of a smile looking at it before giving one of the chunks missing a quick sniff... "hmm Not to bad.. here you go mister Cat this should work for a snack to help you with your hunger." He called out giving The leg a toss towards Rrashmir looking back to the pile digging for a few more moments looking for anything else if Interest before pulling out a little rock letting that slip into one of his pockets a few moments later. "I can't carry enough stuff... Trundle say's looking around at the room with a grumble giving his foot a stomp seeing all the useful stuff that was being left before looking back to the way out. "Mister Rrrrrraaa... can you just lift this stuff all up and float it with us... I mean I had a magic person do that to me before... mind you he held me with it and let me dangle out a window as I returned some things I borrowed from him... though but he did hold me up.. and with all this stuff seeing as he did hold me up would you not be able to hold it all up as well... mind you it is not over a window or well in this case a high window over a moat.. but... Though you know come to think of it he did drop me I remember rather well you know falling high into water is rather fun.. and he even forgot to check my other pockets.. when he sent me on my way I assumed he did not want me to return the other stuff to him since he showed me the fun way out of his place... though... I don't know.. what do you think.. Oh what was I asking I forget... Oh right can you lift all this stuff up and take it with us? I mean some of this stuff could be use full and you never know one could use something from this pile.... I mean even I found you your snack that you wanted was not a human arm though it was a dog arm but.. Oh I don't think that matters all that much.. do you?" Trundle said pausing looking around for a few more moments before turning upon his heels and heading back towards the door. "Oh that is a lovely blue stone... I would keep it safe you know.. it is hard to trust people now a day's there are all sorts of weird people out there.... and too many crazy people around the tall people.." He called to Katya across the water...

Looking to Blur..... "Blur my friend.. since you are rather wet... would you want to carry me across this puddle? I mean I don't think it would be too much out of the way would it buddy pal?" Trundle said asking with a smile waiting almost with a giddy grin upon his face waiting to see if he could get a quick lift and save him self a bath.

OOCEDIT from RoguePen: I am sorry, but some of the things I just couldn't read until I corrected. Hopefully you don't mind too much.

Last edited by roguepen; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:10 AM
roguepen's Avatar
roguepen roguepen is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2013
RPXP: 309
roguepen roguepen roguepen roguepen
Posts: 755
As the group sets off, a nice reprieve of a quiet straight part of tunnel greets them for the first 50 feet, but then a 5 point intersection confronts them. The mark here is all but missing, and it takes an extra minute to figure it out. Trundle and Spur finds it as they search near the tunnel leading hard left from the tunnel they came from, and the group heads out again. This stretch of tunnel is nice and straight too, with little to see or hear along the length. Everyone is a bit jumpy straining to hear for sounds of pursuit or ambush, but nothing can be heard save the group's own noises echoing back to them from the tunnels. The group reaches another intersection, finding this marker a little easier than the last and heads off down the tunnel to the right. As the group heads off there is a sound of scuttling as suddenly two giant spiders emerge from behind the group. They both fire webs, one at Darrien, which goes just over his head and sticks to the ceiling, and the other at attack:17 vs AC:15, so now he is entangledSpur wrapping him up in the web.
 

OOCThey moved up to the group and then attacked, so now they have to wait until the next round to finish their attack. The initiative order will be: R:19, T:19, S2:15, D:14, K:13, Spur:7, S1:5, G:4. I still need rolls from Zarrin and Epelj1 (Trundle and Katya). Katya add 3 lbs to your weight if you took all the coins (each 50 coins you carry weigh 1 lb, so the gold is negligible for now, but when they reach 50, then they add a lb)

Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,838
"Ze fates it vould seem has a sense of humorrr," Rrashmir chuckled to himself as he produced a part of silent imagetorch and tossed it in front of the spidersprestidigitation heating the air around it as it appeared to catch fire on the floor and spread up along the walls until it created and immobile wall of fire across the corridor. As a precaution, he created a new wall behind the fire that wrapped around the edges of the corridor blocking the spiders out from sight.

With that done and confident that the creatures would be smart enough to turn around he walked forward towards spur drawing his newly acquired longsword and cutting him free from the webs.


OOCCome on bro, I'm better than that man.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:18 AM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1414
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,398
Katya watches the action from a safe distance, Unlucky bastard. Better him than me though. Whispering, as to not alarm the spiders again, "You didn't want to save them too? Maybe trade up from the slimes there?"
__________________
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing,
doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before."
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM
roguepen's Avatar
roguepen roguepen is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2013
RPXP: 309
roguepen roguepen roguepen roguepen
Posts: 755
As Rrashmir 'throws' the torch down in front of the spiders, they shy away from the heat, which then appears to spread and make a wall. You heard a strange screech and scuttling as the spiders retreat back down the tunnel. Since Rrashmir created a wall in addition to the fire wall, no one can see past it. With the brief scare over, the group continues down the tunnel just a little ways before encountering more trouble. Trundle stops to indicate he heard something to the group, but before he can speak the door beside him burst open and two ghoulish creatures lurch out, trying to bite Trundle and Gwen. With the little bit of forewarning, both are able to dodge without the creatures even getting close. The creatures have long, sharp teeth, with pallid flesh stretched tightly over its emaciated frame. There is a dead look in the creature's eyes, but a glint of intelligence can be seen too.
OOCTry this on for size. As I read the rules, natural weapons, such as bite, do not cause an AoO. The initiative order is: R:19, T:19, G1:15, D:14, K:13, S:7, G2:6, Gwen:4. Give me a knowledge check (in whatever you think relates to identifying creatures likely to be found in a sewer) and I'll tell you what you know.


Last edited by roguepen; Jan 24th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 24th, 2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,838
Ghouls, nasty creatures. Rrashmir thought to himself as he moved forward charging his crossbow in the instance that his idea didn't work and it was needed. Be carrreful, do not let zem bite you or zere is a chance zat you vill join zem in ze undeath. Allow me to shed some light on ze situation. With a thought the demons disappeared and fire sprung forth from each persons personal weapons including his own, That completed he summoned a few more walls of fire isolating the creatures from the rest of the party and creating a wall leading all the way back directly towards him.

"Go!! All of you, but quietly. Leave zese foul creaturrres to me." he told them quickly as he stepped into the ghouls' view and began slowly retreating.

"Come at me, Catfolk are much tastierrr zan humans anyway."

OOCI am working on the assumption that a 25 knowledge check allows me to positively identify our nemesis' and know at least about the desease they carry.

Last edited by Alexader; Jan 25th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:56 AM
roguepen's Avatar
roguepen roguepen is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2013
RPXP: 309
roguepen roguepen roguepen roguepen
Posts: 755
 

OOCYes @Alexader you know what they are, check the OOC thread in my post about epelj1's knowledge check again for all your knowledge. I have put up a map here so that you can see better what you are trying to accomplish. Only trundle will get to act before Ghoul1 gets to try something. Describe to me a little better what is going on now that the map is available, sorry I forgot it yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:37 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is offline
BigPiggyPigBigPig
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2023
RPXP: 39476
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 21,566
"Go!! All of you, but quietly. Leave zese foul creaturrres to me."

Rrashmir is up to something again and Spur backs off, still feeling the webbing all over his clothes.

 
.
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Zarrin Zarrin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2019
RPXP: 263
Zarrin Zarrin Zarrin
Posts: 561
Looking at the Ghoul Keeping his crossbow level at the closest one stepping back a little more trying to get a little space between him and the thing at Rra urging not to do anything that would draw the annoyance of the creature though willing to let the bolt loose at the 1st hint of of the thing wanting to make a snack of him. Muttering something under his breath in gnomish his finger giving another twitch upon the crossbow.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:24 AM
roguepen's Avatar
roguepen roguepen is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 8th, 2013
RPXP: 309
roguepen roguepen roguepen roguepen
Posts: 755
Being surrounded by fire with a clear path in front that leads to something tasty and exotic looking the Ghouls start moving that way with a hunching step that seems more labored than it should. Not being able to see through the fire, the Ghouls don't want to chance walking through, so they just move toward their available target, the cat-like humanoid at the end of the fire tunnel.
OOCThey haven't sensed anyone moving yet. I think Gwen and Darrien are the only ones that still need to act. After this it will be secreted action for Rrashmir and spoilerbutton actions for everyone else (I'll trust Alexader not to read what he doesn't know, since it is so much trouble secreting everything that is going on). Hopefully you'll all get more of a taste of the action.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB