Game Thread Chapter I: The Mysterious Pokeball - Page 34 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pokemon > Pokemon - Forgotten Stories > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #496  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 25433
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,908

As everyone goes to work on digging with their own unique method, both Professor Moon and DreadlockMacBalish look on approvingly from the sidelines. The first group to turn something up is Jason’s, as Lee let out a sudden call to let his new trainer know he had indeed found something other than rocks and dirt. If Jason takes a closer look, he’ll discover a dark blue stone, covered in dirt, but A water stone, whether or not he recognizes it as such is up to youexceptionally smooth where the dirt has fallen off.

Meanwhile, Jolt is attracting a lot of useless metal junk for Henry. If he’s willing to sort through it, he ends up finding a couple of things Julia might be able to 200 pokedollars worth pokeball componentsuse for her tinkering. Eventually though, Henry uncovers a small case that used to have some sort of number on it, though it has long since faded. If he opens it, he finds a small syringe inside, embedded in the protective casing around it, and the number written again, Any TM of your choice up to 2000 pokedollarsthis time readable.

Julia meanwhile, has serious trouble digging, but is still able to come up with three pokeballs with just her hands: One clearly basic, the others a brown one with green circles stretching around it, and a blue one with protrusions in form of a black net. The latter two however, do not look like they Basic ball, broken Nest Ball, broken Net Ballcan be used without being fixed.

The big winner however, seems to be Robin. When she and Ty unearth a large chunk of rock with protrusions sticking out of it, it is clear she must have found a fossil. Though not a lot of the shape can be seen yet, both Tom and the professor immediately come over to take a closer look.
“Oh my. Well I wasn’t expecting this, I admit!” Tom says, though both of them are clearly very excited.
“Alright, everyone gather round and see what we have here. We’re out of time to stay here much longer anyway, and we should get this thing cleaned up and cut some of the excessive rock away. You can hardly go caring this whole thing around with you."
Though one person alone could probably barely carry it, Tom helps Robin pick it up, assisted by anyone else in the group who is willing to help, and begins carrying it towards one of the nearer tents.
__________________
Come get yourself the GMing crown in this year's Iron DM!
DMing: Pirate King's Legacy (For 2 months)
Pokémon Forgotten Stories (For close to 8 years)
  #497  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Banemorth Surnok's Avatar
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-29-2015
RPXP: 765
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok
Posts: 1,338
Jason continued swinging his pick with fervent abandon until he heard Lee make an excited sound. Curious Jason set down his pick quickly to see what he had found. The blue stone, while caked with dirt, sparkled in the spots where the gem was visible. He hadn't ever seen anything like it. Using his hands he cleared away as much of the dirt as he could. Aloud he said, "Wow Lee. Great eye. I wonder what it is... maybe a sapphire?!" His racing mind was quickly disturbed by the commotion caused near Robin. Quizzically he grabbed his packs and had Lee take both the shovel and pick. "Lee can you go return those quick? I want to see what Robin found!"

Nodding the Machop trotted off with both tools while Jason darted over to Robin to see what she had found. Standing there, mouth agape, he watched as Tom and the professor crooned over the fossil she had unearthed. Incredibly impressed he gave a quick "Way to go Robin!" and handed both of his packs to Lee to carry once he arrived. "Lee I'm going to help them carry the fossil. Please take the packs but he careful. I don't want the egg getting hurt." Lee nodded in solemn understanding although he didn't even know Jason had an egg with him before that.

Grunting and struggling Jason helped move the fossil towards the tent. Once there he tried to spot any scientist that isn't engaged with Robin's find that he can ask about the stone he had found.
__________________
Not all treasure is silver and gold.

Last edited by Banemorth Surnok; 01-30-2013 at 02:33 PM.
  #498  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,003
As Henry looked at the metal that Jolt was picking up, one of the first things that he noticed was the bottom of a pokeball. "That should be useful to Julia," it was then that he heard about the fossil. He was interested, but he also wondered if there was anything else that Julia could use. Unfortunately, he also didn't fully understand what was needed for a pokeball. He took some wire and things that looked like metal plates or bolts or screws, gathering 200 PD worth of stuff, but he couldn't help thinking that there would probably be more that he missed.

Towards the end of the time, Henry uncovered the container. However, there wasn't much time for that because that is when the announcement about the fossil was given. He decided that he could take a look at what was in it later. He the went forward to see the fossil, saying to Robin, "Amazing." With Jason helping as well with the fossil he figured that there was enough people working on it and it would just be even more effort to have even more people trying to handle it. Going over to Julia, he hands her the components that he found, insisting that she took them saying that he couldn't do anything with them.

As Henry walked to the side of the others, he opened the container, he could clearly see the number 16 written on it. "16, 16, 16," Henry mumbled to him self. He knew that he had seen the number before, trying to remember as he held the syringe and moved it in his hand slightly. "Ahhhh, Yes Its Light Screen," he remembered how some students that showed talent, normally in their think high school level/college10th level classes or above in the school, were given either this or Reflect to teach to their pokemon and learn from them how to preform the technique himself. Henry was in line to receive one of them even when he just received Nat, but it was deemed that because he was leaving then it would be better to wait until and if he continued to study at the school. He placed the syringe back in the container and once when they stopped, placed it in his bag. He also used the opportunity to look at the egg, snug in the container, feeling it for a moment before paying attention to what was happening again.

Last edited by goplayer7; 01-30-2013 at 03:21 PM.
  #499  
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 37730
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,720
Glancing up and around as she heard exclamations of glee from the others, Robin's digging had turned more determined. It seemed that this part of the dig was unusually rich in treasure, though probably not in the way the professors intended. Unless they planted some of it.

"<Look! Look! We found something!>" Ty said, dancing around excitedly. "Alright! Maybe it's a fossil!" Robin said, giving Ty a high-five as Tao looked on in interest, rubbing up against Robin's shin as he got a closer look. As first the professors, then Jason came darting over, Tao flinched and cowered at the sudden space invasion before retreating into his Pokeball.

It was probably a good thing that Tom came to help Robin, even if the rock was light enough to carry by herself. It was large enough to be awkward and she hadn't been sure if she'd make into the tent. With Jason's help, however, it seemed assured. Ty pranced her way over to the tent as well with the rest of the procession, clearly pleased that she had had a paw in the findings.
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #500  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is offline
"Not just a pretty face."
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 18,006
"Thanks Henry," Julia replies to the offer of the components, not hesitating to accept them. The more she could put together, the less she had to buy, so the more money she'd have in the end. She has Glitch drag her bag over so she can put them inside, along with the Pokeballs she'd found. Admittedly, she is a little disappointed, but then, at the same time she hadn't expected to find anything by digging with just her hands. Something is better than nothing, right?

She heads on over to where Robin was digging to check out the fossil, and like Henry, decides to leave it for them to carry, though for different reasons. Finding the fossil, while a little exciting, isn't as interesting as it could be. At this point, she really wanted to know what the big secret here is, though, if the fossil meant she'd get a little while on one of those computers... A grin slips onto her face at the thought. "Nice find, Robin. All I found was some Pokeballs."

  #501  
Old 01-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 25433
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,908

Everyone minus HenryAmong varrying degrees of excitement, Robin's rock is taken into the tent Tom was steering everyone to. The fact that Henry goes missing along the way goes unnoticed, as everyone crowds around the table the fossil is set down on.
"Now, the first step here is a very rough x-ray scan so we can decide how large your fossil is, and cut off a lot of the excessive rock around it. That'll already make the whole thing much easier to handle. After that, we do some more detailed scans and some much more precise cutting and clean up, but that'll take us much longer. We don't want to keep the tour, so you can either leave it here with us, and pick it up after the tour, or you can hang on to it and after the tour is over you can hang around and you can personally be involved in cleaning it up, if you want to. It's a pretty cool experience, especially with one's first fossil. I wouldn't recommend missing it."
"He's right." The professor adds. "But as he said, if you'd rather have us take care of it without you, we'll have it done for you by the end of the tour."

Whatever Robin decides, a couple of scientists the group hasn't met yet takes the large rock and places it on a large machine setup, where they seem to bombard it with x-rays from different angles, repeatedly talking to each other and discussing things. Eventually, after a bunch of lines and markings have been added to Robin's rock, it is taken over to another table, where they begin cutting away with several different tools.
"Well this is rather exciting!" Professor Moon says. "Who would have thought one of you would find a genuine pokemon fossil? I was expecting a vase or something maybe, if you got lucky..."


HenryFalling slightly behind the rest of the group when he checks on his egg, Henry is slightly surprised when he places his hand on the egg and it is warmer than he remembers it. Only a moment later though, before he can think about it for very long, his hand receives an electric shock, making him almost drop the contrainer. An instant after that, a cracking sound can be heard, as the first tear appears in the yellow eggshell, quickly followed by more and more, all accompanied by sounds of 'crack'. Whether or not Henry sets the container down and/or takes the egg out, eventually a pale yellow ear with a black tip appears, pushing its way through the shell. Over the next couple of minutes follow a second ear, as well as a tiny head, body and tail.
Henry has time to briefly marvel at the pokemon's tiny size - the whole thing stands somewhere around 15 cm from head to toe - before the pokemon looks around and all of a sudden seems to shock itself by accident.
__________________
Come get yourself the GMing crown in this year's Iron DM!
DMing: Pirate King's Legacy (For 2 months)
Pokémon Forgotten Stories (For close to 8 years)
  #502  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Banemorth Surnok's Avatar
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-29-2015
RPXP: 765
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok
Posts: 1,338
Jason was relieved to set the fossil down in the tent. His arms ached from both the furious digging, and hauling that big hunk of rock. Rubbing them he watched as the scientists set off with a flurry of activity, scanning, cutting, and chattering about Robin's discovery. Once Professor Moon finished speaking Jason fished the stone he had found out of his pocket and presented it to him. "Sir? Professor? Could you tell me what this is? I think it might be a sapphire!"
__________________
Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  #503  
Old 01-31-2013, 06:43 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,003
Henry, feeling the shock coming from the container, knew that something was about to happen. He sat cross-legged on the ground, having a feeling that it might take a while and that he might as well get comfortable as he retrieved the container from his backpack. Opening it and taking out the egg, he prepared himself for receiving more shocks as he held onto it. He got shocked a few more times as the Pichu begun to hatch from the egg, but rather than being random and causing a bit of pain, it painlessly flowed only partway through his arms before dissipating out a point near the elbow. His arms felt slightly tingly, as if they were asleep due to lying on it for too long, but it was nothing compared to other pains that he had recently felt.

As the Pichu became more and more exposed and taking note that he was alone thanks to all the other scientists being focused on the fossil, he extended his focus to his pokedex, having it float out of his pocket so he could see it and having the button pressed to start scanning the Pichu as it became more and more exposed. "Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokemon. The electric sacs in its cheeks are small. If even a little electricity leaks, it becomes shocked." "Alright, thats good to know." He continued to read the information from the pokedex until the Pichu was sufficiently exposed in his arms. It was shortly after that it started to looked around and shocked itself dizzy.

"Awww," Henry said. He carefully got up, having the pokedex float back into his pocket while continuing to cratle the Pichu, "I will have to think of a name for you later." He entered the tent and slowly walked to where the others were standing. He saw that it was mostly other scientists working on it as the others were talking to Professor Moon, so he figured that he didn't miss much. The Pichu slowly became less dizzy, it simply called out, "Pichu." Assuming that the others reacted hearing it speak, Henry responds with a grin he can't help to bear, "The egg hatched." "Pichu," it said again. "I guess you must be... hungry," he says guessing. He tries to hold the Pichu with one arm, which helps with it hanging from it, as he reaches into his pack, grabbing a small amount of food in his hand, which he holds to the Pichu which it quickly starts eating.

Last edited by goplayer7; 01-31-2013 at 06:44 PM.
  #504  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 37730
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,720
Ty's nose twitched and she turned her head to face Henry curiously as she caught the strange sound. Getting up from her spot and turning around her body as well, she tilted her head and wagged her tail incrementally. Egg hatched? Baby? <Hello?>" She asked the Pokemon, creeping hesitantly forward towards Henry.

Robin glanced uncertainly at the others. "Well, I don't want to hold them up..." Not to mention that the exciting parts likely were what they had just done, leaving more long explanations by more scientists. "You guys go on with the tour, I'll stay here and try to lend a hand." She offered.
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; 01-31-2013 at 07:26 PM.
  #505  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is offline
"Not just a pretty face."
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 18,006
Julia stands off to the side as she watches the scientists work, just listening to everything being said. Something seemed a little strange, and she couldn't quite put her finger on why until Henry walked inside and she realizes he'd been missing. Her first thought is to ask where he'd been, but noticing the small yellow Pokemon in his arms, her question is pretty much answered for her. It does spawn a new question though: "What's that?"

Both Julia and Glitch approach Henry slowly, Julia not wanting to scare the Pokemon, and Glitch because Julia is holding him back a little for the same reason she isn't just hurrying to get closer. Upon reaching Henry, she extends her hand to pat the top of the Pokemon's head. "It's so cute... "

  #506  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,003
As Ty looked towards them, Pichu also looked up, "Pi? <uh?>" Then a bit of sparks came out of its cheeks, but thankfully Henry was a little more ready than last time. He couldn't do as much as he did as when he was focused on the egg, but with it in his hands he directed a small amount of the current away rather than back into its cheeks. It simply fell back in Henry's arms, then turned and finished the rest of the food in his hand.

Henry knew that he would have to keep an eye on it, but he also thought about it needing to out grow shocking itself. He figured that getting dizzy only once in 5 minutes was fine, but he would have to let it get shocked to have it build endurance. Maybe he could also use his abilities to try and show it how to control its electricity a little better... or at the least Jolt could help.

As Julia pats it, the excess charge is gone from its body so thankfully Julia doesn't get shocked, but it does turn a slight bit so the pat is in a better spot. "Thank you," Henry responds to Julia. Henry then begins to scratch its ears as it became more relaxed. He is tempted to ask Robin if she is sure, but considering how Professor Moon reacted when he wasn't in the medical tent Henry figured that he would insist that either they stay together for the continuation of the planned tour or that it is interesting enough that they all stay there to watch.

Last edited by goplayer7; 01-31-2013 at 09:56 PM.
  #507  
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 37730
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,720
Ty approached closer, seeing that Henry was letting Julia pat the baby. Wiggling her nose, the Growlithe let the Pichu's scent in, assuring that she'd recognize it if she met it again. <Hello! I'm Ty!> She said, wagging her tail a little more.

"Aw, I think Ty's trying to introduce herself." Robin said with a smile. "She likes babies." Looking over at Lee, Robin's smile slipped a fraction. "Sorry Lee. She's a little slower to warm up to the older ones, especially when they've been aggressive. She's very protective." She said by way of explanation.
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #508  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 25433
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,908
"No no young girl, you need to learn how to listen: That wasn't one of the two options I just gave you." Professor Moon says with a smile, and a little bit slowly, as if that would help Robin understand. "You are going on with the tour now. You can either come back and help later or we'll do it without you. But we won't let you miss the rest of the tour for this."

__________________
Come get yourself the GMing crown in this year's Iron DM!
DMing: Pirate King's Legacy (For 2 months)
Pokémon Forgotten Stories (For close to 8 years)
  #509  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 37730
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,720
Robin gave a sheepish grin. "Sorry, got a bit distracted. I'll come back and help with it later then."
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #510  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 25433
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,908
"Ha, boy, I don't know what kind of saphires you've seen before, but this sure as hell isn't one. Though for you as a trainer this might be even more useful. It's a water stone. It helps certain water type pokemon evolve." The professor responds quite amused by Jason's ignorance.
"Alright, here you go then. We'll let you hang on to it for now." Doctor Balish says, handing the rock back to Robin. As promised, it is now significantly smaller, more like the size of a pokemon egg now, than an unhandy boulder. It's weight still isn't negligible, but it's definitely gotten to the point where Robin can stick it in her pack and carry it herself. If she had to carry it really long distances in this state it might be an issue, but since she's only holding on to it until the tour is over, where it will be cut down and cleaned up even farther, she should be fine.

"Now..." Professor Moon says, sounding rather excited, when Robin has figured out whether she is putting her fossil rock into her pack or not. "...this is the part of the tour we...I mean YOU've all been waiting for. Obviously, you've all seen the stone archway in the middle of the dig already. Well, it's time to find out what lies beyond that archway. And keep in mind, you're the first members of the public to get to see this."

Without another word, the professor vanishes through the tent flap out back to the dig, closely followed by Dr. Balish. Once outside, the group is joined by several more scientists, and together they head towards the whole in the middle of the earth. "Now let me make one thing clear." Professor Moon says, as they draw closer. "You might have won this as a prize and it might have been all fun and games up to this point, but now things are about to get serious. This is an active archeological dig. We haven't even gotten around to recording a lot of the information down there. So anything you touch or break might mean information lost forever that has lasted for thousands of years or more. That being said: Don't touch anything without permission. Stay with the group. If you run off, we'll throw you out right away, along with the rest of the group. And pokemon in your pokeballs. Yours seem mostly well behaved, but there won't be any risks taken here. Things down there are fragile. And remember, your behavior will influence wether the rest of the group gets to see what's down there, as well. I'm sure they won't be happy if you get them kicked out.
When the professor stops in front of the hole and turns around to face everyone, all the good-nature and happy attitude from earlier seem gone. He looks dead serious about throwing people out, and for the first time he genuinly looks like an adult in charge of a large project like this. Knowing that they'll be in trouble if they try to wander off, it suddenly makes sense why so many scientists are accompanying them. Likely, they aren't there for anything else than to babysit the group.
While the professor is still giving them stern looks however, one of his colleagues, who can be recognized as Bill from earlier, climbs down the rope ladder and vanishes through the stone archway. Up close, as Henry can attest from his previous visit, it looks even more impressive than from farther off. Carved from massive stone, even with only the top part of it uncovered, it is clear this entrance is huge, several times the height of a human, easily. Accordingly, the building it belongs to must be similarly enormous. Though originally everything through the stone archway is dark, not long after Bill has vanished through it, a soft dark yellow light begins radiating through it. Once everyone has returned their pokemon, Dr. Balish motions for them to descend the rope ladder, one by one.
OoCCue thematical music.


One by one, everyone in the group is allowed to climb down the ladder. Once at the bottom, they briefly have time to take in the impressive sight before them. Already they have descended 10 feet from where they started, and the large stone archway looms over them. From up close, the stone looks rough, but if it is really thousands of years old, then it is actually still remarkably smooth. Though warn away by time, the remnants of some sort of runes that were carved into the archway originally can still be made out.
And that is all the time anyone has to look, before the press of bodies descending the rope ladder behind them forces them to move on: Through the stone archway, and down another rope ladder, this one over 25 feet long. The ladder ends about 3 feet over the ground, forcing everyone to drop down the last bit. When they land, it is on a smooth stone floor, made of the same stone that also made up the archway. From the looks of things, the group is now in a large stone hall, though it is hard to say, for except for a couple of lamps on a cable on the floor closeby, giving of a soft dark yellow glow, everything is still dark. Looking out at the hall, it seems to go on forever, with columns holding up the roof more than thirty feet above them, evenly spaced about every 50 feet. The group can make out thre rows of columns, after which they seem to end and the room opens up into an enormous open hall, as far as the eye can see in the limited light given off by the lamps.
Though a lot of the room still lies in the darkness and can't be seen yet, what the group can see is rather impressive. As they wait for the rest of the group and the scientists to arive, they have plenty of time to take in the impressive mural on the wall, right next to the archway (the bottom part of which is blocked by the surrounding rock, as if the whole building has sunk into the earth). Huge in size, and astonishingly well preserved, it flickers in the dark yellow glow of the lamps.
 


"Welcome..." Dr. Balish says as he drops down from the ladder after the last member of the group has done so. "...to the Shrine."

OoC NoteI do not own the rights to the above image but I thought it was so awesome I had to use it...

Last edited by Inem; 02-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB