Game Thread [Chapter Zilch] Myth busters - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Covenant of Paladins: Crusade into the Unknown
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:56 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
OOC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
These centipede worm looking things are about 2 feet in height, but are 9 feet in length, they have two legs on each foot of length, you can't make up the details of their face because it's always facing downwards while devouring their food.

They're white in color, they're fuzzy and slimy and are all clouding up on eachother.
...
Ok, note to self: stay away from the man-sized pirahna-centipedes.

Does the rope reach to the ground? How is the tiefling from there?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
oocGalahad is hanging about 20 ft. from the ground if he goes to the end of the rope, the room sounds empty from the evil pirahna centipedes.
You can jump down, but make a fortitude check not to hurt anything like your ankle or anything like that (since you're wearing armor which is heavier than Light.)
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:14 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
Galahad lowers himself near the end of the rope and performs a quick Deathwatch (sp, 30' cone)scan for anything/one still alive down there. Sickened at the vicious creatures, he has no desire to engage them if he doesn't have to.
OOCIf nothing, then he's signalling to be pulled up.

Last edited by dbaque; May 8th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
OOC:Medieval Guitar? Whatever I'll bite. CHOMP!

Dice AND THIS DICE ROLL:
1d20 20


All thoughts of her embarassment are forgotten, the precious bottle safe in her pouch (leaking ever so slightly onto her book)

left-aligned image
"A bard! Really!?" Her eyes went wide. She imagined him in a bards finery, playing a guitar and dancing amongst a clapping crowd. "I'm no bard, but I've got a pretty... not bad... singing voice some folk say... granted I'm not like to trust them what with them folk being mostly clerics and priests. But I like singing, and I love to dance! They called me the dancin' cleric cos when we left our city in force I led everyone in a grand song in praise to the Pantheon." She stopped. She was really starting to like this guy, but that didn't change the fact that he was from Summerfell... Oh, but that just made him even more attractive to her, and her head was spinning a little bit from the rum. "You know... this whole war is lookin' more stupid to me the more I talk to yer. I mean you're just like me, just trying to find your way in a world that likes to tell you which way you gotta go, y'know?" She pauses, and fondles her pouch... her smile fading slowly as the pain makes her want to grab the bottle again. She resists this time.
"I never chose to be healing dead men in some blasted snow... you never wanted to be choppin' heads... I wanted to be a monk, like my father and my mother... but then..." Tears start falling from her eyes. "But then someone came along and took them from me without even saying sorry and... now I can't ever go home and..." She reaches into the bag, gripping the bottle, but not taking it out because of shame. She'd not shed a tear since a year ago... she was past the tears since she found Mister alcohol to ease her pains...
"I'm sorry, forget all of that. I kind of ruined this pleasant conversation didn't I?" She wipes away her tears, tries to toughen up.

left-aligned image
"Seneschal Corburn always said weakness and fear isn't Purity... Seneschal Corburn knows the right of it he does... always has... " She's muttering to herself more than to to Cecile. She turns away for a moment, too full of emotion. She pulls the bottle out...
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 8th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
left-aligned image
"Yeah... Humanity.. isn't it just so confusing? you thought you were fighting for what's right by helping these people murder the enemy.. Impurity is in every one of us, and in committing murder, no matter how justified it is, provokes impurity to one self, so war is a poison which impurifies humanity... I did too, think that, but in all actuality, war is just the maniacal way for the leaders of these factions to play with the lives of their subjects... they send men to do things they'd never dream to do, and I'm personally ashamed of what I do for my country." Cecile says in an entire breath, the words seem to flow naturally out of his mouth, like he's planned everything he was going to say.

"Say, you're not too bad for a Sumdivean either, Say.. do you mind If I taste that booze you've been hiding? My throat is pretty sore."




Meanwhile, As Galahad makes his scan, all he can find is well... dust.

Be it natural dust or just the powdered bones of these monstrous creatures' victims, it's such a dusty place, the lower you get the colder it gets.

Soon, as you suspend 20 ft from the ground, several HUNDREDS of these creatures begin poking their heads through their little holes which you presume they live in, they don't go in for the kill, but they stare anxiously as you hang there, such an easy target for a surprise attack.

OOCIf you really want to go down there, I suggest you try to distract these things, It looks like they go in to eat 1 single meal and ignore any other targets around them.

Last edited by Hanz; May 8th, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:49 AM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
OOC: Screw Caution I'm throwin' it to the wind, because its fun. I'm just gonna be a dumb broad and pretend I didn't notice that bs at all.

Dice Diplomacy:
1d20 6


She can't say she disagrees with his comments, but if its all true then her whole life has been a lie. She chooses to believe that at least some of it had meaning... but its hard to do that when all your friends are dead and you are all alone with people you don't know going to a city you never even got to experience. At the mention of the booze her eyes widen and she freezes.

left-aligned image
"SHH" She turns with wide eyes, looks over at Ferris and whispers urgently. "I'm... I'm not supposed to have this stuff. It's forbidden to my order... and well... you are the..." She was going to say 'the enemy', but is that even true anymore? His wiles have her beyond intrigued... At any rate she waits for Ferris to turn in a different direction. She looks into his charming eyes once more, and gives in. She passes him the bottle. "Okay fine... Just please... D..don't drink too much please... I need that." Here eyes are desperate in plea. "Just keep quiet about it, and give it right back."
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 8th, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
Oblivious to the bizarre courtship atop, Galahad decides to briefly test a theory. He pulls out a small piece of hardtack from his rations in his pack. He then chucks to the far wall and watches the critters' reaction.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
Oblivious to the bizarre courtship atop, Galahad decides to briefly test a theory. He pulls out a small piece of hardtack from his rations in his pack. He then chucks to the far wall and watches the critters' reaction.
OOC: I guess its fine as long as we don't know you're throwing away our only food I guess.
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
as the small piece of ration falls to the ground, the critters seem to not care whatsoever, however, what looks like younglings of these species seem to jump out and attempt to eat this meal. Perhaps these older centipedes are more greedy than their younglings, you'd need something meatier to feed them.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 30th, 2023
RPXP: 20925
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,758
Satisfied for the moment and unwilling to throw away more, Galahad braces on the wall and calls: "Pull me up."
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
OOC: Well well well...
left-aligned image
"Something Meatier indeed."
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
left-aligned image
"Alright!, I'd like some booze ple-" he stops, then begins to whisper "Oh sorry, I meant booze."

Last edited by Hanz; May 8th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
After handing Cecile the flask with a withering glare at his loudness, Amery hears the sound of Galahads gruff voice. "Ah! Coming Sir Galahad!" She hops to her feet quickly, and her head feels a bit... spinny. She walks a little unsteadily over to the rope, not even prompting Ferris for help, and gives the rope a few solid Tugs.

OOC: Do I just make one Strength Check? Or More than one? Cus I doubt I'm just gonna pull his ass up here easy as pie. In any case here is my first one.


Dice Strength Check!! UGGGHHHH!!!:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 8th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Amery pulls the rope, but she's just not powerful enough to list Galahad and his full clad armor.

OOCYou need to roll an 18, and every time you miss, the DC gets higher, so you need to roll a 19 now.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
Amery pulls, and then panics as the rope begins to pull her... She didn't think this through. Still she's got no choice but to give it another go...

left-aligned image
"I didn't spend all those years lifting books for nothing! HRAAAA!!!" She roars loudly and pulls again, not thinking to ask for help.

Dice Strength check! GRAAAAAA!!:
1d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21


OOC:Eagerly watching...
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 8th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB