Game Thread Chapter III: The Tomb at Sea - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pokemon > Pokemon - Forgotten Stories > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 37780
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,725
"I'm going to rejoin the group. This place is creeping me out, and I think we'll be safer with numbers until we can convince the others to get off the ship." Robin said, swallowing hard as Julia's voice comes over the microphone. "What do you mean 'are they all dead'?!" She began the airlock process immediately, bursting in to the rest of the group within two minutes. She stops immediately, seeing the carnage, dim lighting, and the whooshing door. "Okay, I vote we get the hell out of here. This has now turned into some stupid, creepy, nightmare set and I'm getting the heebie-jeebies!" She could feel the blood draining from her face as she looked at the horrified men's faces. Something killed them all, and we might be trapped here with it!
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #47  
Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-26-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,004
Henry moves his hand up to cover his mouth, forgetting for a moment the gear still on him. He moves his hands half an inch down, about to grab a pokeball but remembering that he didn't bring it thinking that they would be underwater the entire time. Instead, he simply keeps an open palm forward. "It- It looks like it." He looks as Julia goes to check the panel and moves to cover her to make sure nothing sneaks up on her. As he seems more of the room, he flashes back to the weedle and hidden in the rubber suit a small charge in the electric equivalent of a nervous twitch begins to form. He starts to clench his hand and stops as if a pokeball was in it, trying his best to calm down and control it. With Robin's comment he thinks about what might have done it and he glups subconsciously thinking in unison with Robin about how powerful something how to have done this and on top of that how powerful it must be, "I-I agree, but th-the airlock would get crowded with a-all of us now. I-I-I'll go in the second group."

Last edited by goplayer7; 11-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
  #48  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Banemorth Surnok's Avatar
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-29-2015
RPXP: 765
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok
Posts: 1,338
Jason's stomach clenched and he felt his pulse triple as Julia's words came through his helmet. He made a motion to delay Robin from going forward but it was too late. Despite all of his senses yelling at him otherwise he followed her forward into the airlock and into the next room.

He observed the carnage silently. He knew it. He knew it from the moment he laid eyes on the sub. Not that it was full of dead men but that it was something best avoided. He felt trapped, caged. Robin's voice pulled him to his senses again. "Yeah now would be a good time to go. You find gentlemen leading this expedition can inform the authorities of what we've found when we're safely back on land and THEY can sort this out." Flight or fight had kicked into overdrive and flight was definitely the winner. Still... he reached out to gently tug on Robin's arm. He wanted her to go first.

When she turned he indicated that he wanted her to head back to the chute they came in through.
__________________
Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  #49  
Old 11-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is online now
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-28-2020
RPXP: 25583
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,916
OoCOptional mood music

"Aw, you really cute when you're startled."
Tammy comments as Julia is almost sent diving to the ground by a few sparks over her head. It is hard to tell over the com link, but it seems like the other girl's heart might not really be into the teasing. Quite possibly, she is just doing it to keep up a semblance of normality.
Still, she joins Julia as the girl walks up to one of the more intact looking consoles. There are still a view wires hanging loose even from this one, and the display seems to have been cracked as if something fell on it, but all in all it looks like it's in working order.

While Julia begins trying to extract information from it, the second part of the group arrives.
"Yeah, you're right. Did you hear that Jacques, we're just going to have a quick look at this console here, then we're out of here. I know we might not get another chance at this before the tides carry this sub away or cover it, but something happened down here, and I don't like it. Especially not with a bunch of amateur divers in tow. No offense."

While the last few words are clearly directed at the rest of the group, everything else Tony says sounds like he is addressing Jacques and expecting him to disagree. The man doesn't however. In fact, there is no reply at all over the com, just a little static buzzing in the background. And silence. Right at that moment, in the dark room, with the flickering emergency light and the occasional sparks from wires in the ceiling, in a submarine at the bottom of the ocean, it is hard not to feel alone, even with the rest of the group in the same room.
"Jacques? Jacques, can you hear me?
Again, just silence in response.
Oh, this is just great, yeah, we're outta here. Hurry it up over there, Julia."


Meanwhile, over at the console, Julia has managed to coax it into life and convince it to give her some first information, namely a list of systems and whether they still have power. It is a long list, that scrolls through to fast to read everything, but the general trend seems to be that 'power failed' is much more common than 'operational'. There are a few standouts in the list however that Julia catches even without specifically searching for them:

Oxygen recycling system................................ operational (emergency power, minimal capacity)
Engines................................. offline
Navigation................................ offline
Torpedo launch................................. offline
Cooling system food storage............................... . operational (emergency power, minimal capacity)
Emergency Lighting.............................. operational (emergency power, minimal capacity)
Upper deck storage D pumps............................ operational (full power reroute)
Upper deck storage D pressurization............................ . operational (full power reroute)
Sickbay................................. operational (emergency power, minimal capacity)

"Huh, well whatever they have in storage D on the upper deck must be pretty valuable if they made sure to reroute power there. Wonder what they keep there?"


It seems like Julia has about learned everything she can from this console, especially with Tony urging everyone back into the first room so they can exit the sub again, when she accidentally stumbles onto a new menu, giving her a new option: "Display Holo-Log"

"Alright, time to go people, first group back in the airlock, and don't wait on the other side, I want people to start heading back outside right away."

Except maybe for Julia who might still be sort of interested in the console, it seems unlikely that there will be many volunteers who don't want to be in the first group through the airlock...not with how creepy this room has ended up being.
  #50  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is offline
"Not just a pretty face."
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 18,006
Although it went mostly unseen, Julia couldn't help a slight smile at Tammy's words, though it is brief. Right now, there's a bit too much going on for even her to put too much into it. When her attention turns to the console though and she starts working through it, careful of the damage, she tries to focus most of her attention on that. It's impossible to forget what it just behind her, out of sight, but the less she really thought about it--all those bodies--right now the better. Normally, she wouldn't take her eyes off that other door, but having noticed Henry, and Tamara for that matter, moving closer, Julia decides to trust them to keep an eye on it. To watch her back.

Only vaguely aware of what Tony is saying, she holds up her hand to ask for one more minute when he tells her to hurry up. Even if the console was in complete working order, she still doesn't know a whole lot about the system, and rushing too much might make her do something probably best avoided--sort of like how she shocked herself in the torpedo tube. Once she goes over everything on the screen, she nods her head in agreement to what's said on the storage room, and continues poking around as she says: "There's air... but it is going to be pretty thin I think... and the food storage is still working, so is the sickbay. I don't think I'll be able to tell what is in that storage room from here though I'm not seeing... any kind of... labels... What's this... ?"

Tony wants them to leave, and she didn't want to say no, but this log might have some kind of information--about if anyone is still here, or, at least what happened here so they would have something to tell people back on shore more than "we found a sub with bodies in it." Julia glances over her shoulder, first toward the door that won't stay closed, then the airlock they came through. "Um, go ahead, I'll be... I just want to check one more thing out... I'll be the second group this time, just want one more minute... "

"Could... you stay with me too, for now... ?" Julia adds as she looks right at Tammy with pleading eyes, before turning back toward the console and pressing for it to display the log. 'I hope... I hope that area doesn't have full power because that is where the other people are... with the air and food still working... and the medical bay too... It might... Can we... can we just leave like this?'

Last edited by Captain Devonin; 11-12-2013 at 08:54 PM.
  #51  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:09 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 37780
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,725
Robin looked backwards over at Julia, incredulous that the other girl would want to stay. Feeling Jason tug on her arm, she complied, going back out first as they had come in last. Reaching out, she grabbed Henri's arm as well, wanting him to come with them so they could go in two groups without mishap. She nodded and jerked her chin at Vanessa as well. "Vanessa, why don't you go in our group. Julia, don't take long! We need to leave as a--" The airlock doors closed on her 'group' which she said aloud for her team to hear, but too late for Julia, Tammy, and Tony. "Come on, we might be able to reach Jacques once we're outside."
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #52  
Old 11-12-2013, 10:37 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-26-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,004
Henry pulls back slightly as Robin grabs his arm, but not hard enough for her to need to try and keep holding on to it. For a moment he thinks that the electricity growing on his arm will come out of the suit and shock her, but thankfully the rubber holds. He needs to spread the charge so it isn't as concentrated, but first he shakes his head, "N-No, Tony should be in the first group," He takes a deep breath out, starting to have the charge be evenly distributed across his arms, chest and legs so any given point on his body isn't as bad if something happens before he can get out of the suit and 'ground' himself. He simply doesn't want to do it with so many people around, "I-I-...If something does happen..." He thinks about what he wants to say, knowing that he can't really whisper over the intercom, "It is clear Tony will be needed in case if anything happens with the equipment on the way back." It is clear from his tone that isn't really what he is thinking, but didn't add anything else to it.

Last edited by goplayer7; 11-12-2013 at 10:41 PM.
  #53  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Banemorth Surnok's Avatar
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-29-2015
RPXP: 765
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok
Posts: 1,338
Jason was not about to argue with Henry or Julia. Simply nodding he hoped Robin would allow Henry to stay doing whatever it was that he wanted to do and they could get going. He could feel his fear building. That creeping terrible feeling you get when you go up the stairs at night after turning off the lights. That feeling like something it chasing you and is about to grab you around the ankles and drag you back into darkness. "I'm shaking." He wasn't sure if Robin could tell through the suits but he was.

"I don't want her to think I'm a coward... but we need to leave. We have to go." He wanted to scream at them for just standing around. Once they did make their way back to the torpedo room Jason wordlessly moved to the torpedo bay controls and attempted to open them once the airlock was shut. Once opened he indicated to Robin that she should make her way out. He followed quickly behind her.
__________________
Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  #54  
Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 37780
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,725
Robin let go of Henry's arm at his insistence before looking at Tony. "Come on, they'll be right behind us." she told the older man, making sure that there was four of them there in the airlock as the first group moved out. She didn't notice Jason's shaking, mostly because she was shaking herself. Waiting for Vanessa to go first, Robin quickly followed.
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #55  
Old 11-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is online now
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-28-2020
RPXP: 25583
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,916
Julia, Henry, TammyAs the first group exits the airlock, Julia, Henry and Tamara are left behind alone in the spooky engine room. Still, at the far end the door is opening and closing, but at least for Julia, the sight of five bodies is not freshly on her mind, instead being replaced by the flickering screen of a computer. When she presses the button for the logs to be displayed, the screen goes black for a moment, as if the console has finally run out of power. It seems to manage to scrounge some together from somewhere though, as a moment later the display flickers back to life with a blueish hue. As it turns out, there isn't just one log to display though, but several to choose from. The first few all look like they are just regular maintenance reports at regular intervals, but given the potentially limited power supply, Julia decides to skip straight to the more recent ones that seem to be out of the periodic frequency. In total, there are three logs meeting these criteria. Well, in actuality there are five, but two of them are corrupted to the point that neither name, nor time or date stamp are still decipherable, instead replaced by apparently random combinations of characters and numbers. It isn't two logs specifically though, several of the regular maintenance logs are equally damaged, and if she were to look at everything in detail, she'd probably find that there is damage to some of the logs that is not visible on the surface. Still, the interesting and functioning logs seem to boil down to three choices: 'Oxygen recycler defect', 'Oxygen recycler maintenance report.' and finally, 'Engine failure'. From their respective time stampts, they are six days, five days and two days old, respectively.

 


 


 






Robin, Jason, Vanessa, TonyThe first group progresses through the airlock smoothly, as Tony has no problem going instead of Henry, though he does give Julia another reminder not to dawdle around. Once on the other side, Jason wastes no time opening the torpedo hatch to the outside world, before Tony even has time to argue. Of course, he did say not to hang around on the other side, but perhaps he didn't exactly think that through either, because the look on his face when Jason does push the button is one that indicates he is about to scream in protest.
Still, nothing seems to happen at first after Jason pushes the button on the screen. It is only after a few seconds that a groaning sound can be heard, as if metal were getting warped in some strange fashion. If anyone doesn't figure out its the sound of the hatch that Henry had previously done so well in opening and closing being forced open in a horribly sounding fashion, a few seconds later they would get their answer, and the answer to the question why Tony had looked like he wanted to protest against Jason pushing the button: water comes rushing into the room, likely the moment the grate starts opening. At first it's just a little trickle, but quickly the flow picks up to the rate it was at when Julia first arrived here...and just as quickly, everyone is knocked off their feet as the water begins to fill the room. At least no one took their masks off...
  #56  
Old 11-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Banemorth Surnok's Avatar
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-29-2015
RPXP: 765
Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok Banemorth Surnok
Posts: 1,338
"I could just let it fill the room." Jason was struggling to regain his feet. "I could just let the water fill the room and then we could easily swim back down that chute." The thought was incredibly tempting. The others would be trapped. With no way into the room to close the hatch and pump out the torpedo room this place would be their grave. "We could send back help. Once Robin and I are safe. We could send help..."

He looked over to Robin whom appeared to be struggling with the water as much as he was. "She'd never forgive me." Panic fought with reason. He considered Julia, Henry and Vanessa to be his friends but the crushing fear and despair clawing at his very soul made him think things he normally never would. "I can't leave them either..." Steadying himself he pushed forward, back towards the control panel, with all the strength he could muster. Once there he pushed at the buttons trying to find the one that would shut the hatch again. They couldn't leave the sub until everyone was here. "DAMN IT!"
__________________
Not all treasure is silver and gold.
  #57  
Old 11-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Captain Devonin's Avatar
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin is offline
"Not just a pretty face."
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-24-2020
RPXP: 16530
Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin Captain Devonin
Posts: 18,006
'Oh, come on... Not now...' Julia resists the urge to give the monitor a good smack, in hopes of rebooting it, when it goes off. The idea is pretty cliche, but it's cliche for a reason, since it works. Sometimes. Instead of that though, Julia starts looking around at the edges of the console, to try and see if there is an obvious, easy solution to get it back on again. She doesn't get very far before it comes back on by itself. 'Phew... Okay... Let's see... Maintenance, maintenance... No, not helpful, maybe near the bottom... '

After scrolling down to the most recent logs, and weeding out the entries that don't look like they would work, she's faced with three in particular that stand out. Knowing the others are waiting right on the other side of the airlock for them, she doesn't waste too much time and just goes with the one on the bottom first: "Engine Failure." The initial appearance of the hologram startles her a little, and she steps back, bumping into Tamara. "Um--Sorry... I wasn't expecting that... "

Tamara couldn't blame her for being a little jumpy, could she? Regardless, Julia doesn't make the connection between the man in the hologram and the bodies on the floor. She's trying--this being the key word--to pretend they aren't there for now, and she never took that good of a look at them in the process. Once that log finishes, she plays the other two, going through them from the most recent to the oldest, until all three have played (unless Henry or Tamara does or says something to prevent that). Once all three have finished, she murmurs: "It... It sounds like it was sabotaged... Could it have been because of whatever is on storage deck D? And that last log, whatever they tried to do with the engines... do you think that's why... they're all... ?"

Even the machines back in her father's workshop could be dangerous if you weren't careful. Julia backs out of the logs menu, then continues to poke around on the console, trying to
Dice Int Check:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
see if she can find anything else she might be missing, while she says: "That storage room says upper deck... Do you think it's possible the other crewmembers went there? If the sub was going to crash, and the attempt with the engines backfired... the only thing they could do is go to the safest room on the ship and hope for the best... And afterwards they reroute power to try and survive, in hopes of a rescue. It can't be a coincidence that these places are the ones that still have power, can it?"

For once, she finds herself hoping that nobody agrees with her. That way, she could just leave, and thinking of leaving, she says: "Okay, I think we're done... we're coming through, are you guys out of the airlock?"


Last edited by Captain Devonin; 11-14-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Because the original didn't have Julia actually doing anything.
  #58  
Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-26-2020
RPXP: 8509
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 18,004
As the door closes, he turns away from the bodies and walks towards a different wall. "I will just be a second," he says. He sees that Julia is focused on the console, so he hopes that she doesn't mind that he will just be going a small distance away. As he walks towards the wall, he takes off the air mask (doing anything implied with it as well) and the rubber hood. The air was stale as they said, there was a metal taste to it, but that might have also been the electric charge. He places his head on the metal wall and the charge immediately began to flow between the contact spreading out across the metal wall getting weaker and weaker as it gets further and further from him. His body quickly begins to relax, but charge is still being produced. He breathed out, closed his eyes, and focused. "I did not do this. Something else did it. I did not do something wrong." A few seconds later, it seemed like that it was no longer being produced or it was it was diminished enough that he couldn't tell.

He looks down to avoid looking at the bodies as he walks back to Julia and Tamara and puts the hood and mask back on, feeling better after breathing in the fresher oxygen. As he is walking back, Julia is mentioning about the possibility of sabotage he just goes with that knowing that he probably wouldn't know the technical details of what went wrong. He looks over Julia's shoulder if only so he isn't looking directly at the bodies and
Dice Int Check:
d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
points out anything that he thinks might be important while also making sure
Dice Wis Check:
d20 19
he keeps his ears open for anything that might be approaching from behind. Responding to Julia, "Even if it was, it would be too dangerous to get there. We don't know what... killed them." Assuming of course that they didn't find any information about that. "We should let those who know what they are doing and are more capable handle this."

Last edited by goplayer7; 11-15-2013 at 12:04 AM.
  #59  
Old 11-17-2013, 08:21 AM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Dogs like to read too
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-27-2020
RPXP: 37780
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 23,725
"Crap! We have to close that!" Robin called over the mic before struggling to her feet and lunging for the button that Jason was pushing to try and stop the water flow. "Julia, Henry, Tamara! You have to get through the airlock before we can leave!" She hadn't remembered either what was going to happen until it was. They couldn't let the place fill up!
__________________
Sept 1: I need to way to go for walks in cool weather without glasses fogging up.
  #60  
Old 11-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is online now
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-28-2020
RPXP: 25583
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,916
OoCAlmost forgot the optional mood music

Group farther from the exit and potentially in the sub with whatever killed everyone
"Oh, don't worry, you're cute when you get startled."
By now, Julia can't help but feel like the words are some sort of mantra that Tammy is repeating over and over again. Of course, it then might occur to her that in the current circumstances it might well be, and she is repeating it over and over again to distract herself. And Julia.
"I suppose you could be right, it would certainly make sense for them to hide in the safest place and pray. Of course, you do realize even if you're right, that storage was all the way on the upper deck. Which sort of means getting there would involve going through the whole sub."
Tamara doesn't sound to pleased with that idea, though probably not for the reason she presents:
"And the others are already waiting for us."

While Henry does his thing and discharges his nervous energy, Julia continues to sift through the console. Taking off the airmask is a relatively simple task, even if it isn't completely trivial and takes Henry about half a minute to complete. When he does, the young psychic becomes the first to breath in the natural air on board the sub. Though it appears breathable, it definitely tastes slightly stale, hinting at the fact that the oxygen content might be lower than desirable. Perhaps it would be best to leave the masks on for now?

Meanwhile, Julia would get startled again, as something pokes her in the shoulder. With Tammy standing so close by the engineers first question might be what happened to the other girl that let something get so close to Julia without her getting a warning. When she turns around however, she realizes it was actually Tammy who was trying to get her attention. When she does so, she points at Henry, resting his bare head against the sub wall, and giving the pokeball designer a confused look. Of course...she couldn't just ask without Henry hearing it on the com.

When Henry returns to help look over Julia's shoulder as she sifts through, looking to reroute power, it doesn't take particularly long for something to happen. Julia does indeed find an option that looks like it might allow her to do exactly what she has in mind. Pressing the button for that menu however doesn't give her the desired result. Instead, before she can even get to the actual rerouting options, the display goes both black and completely silent. It isn't the only one though, as simultaneously several other consoles in the room that had still been working die as well. Worse however, especially from Julia's perspective, is that in addition to the consoles, something else goes out: the emergency lighting. One simple push of a button, and the group now finds themselves in a completely dark room, lit up only by their respective headlamps and the occasional sparks still coming from some wires. Dead bodies still lay completely untouched on the ground, and the wooshing of the automatic door opening and closing at the far end of the room is the only sound now audible after the slight hum of the consoles has vanished.

"Ok, this has been fun and all, but the others must be through the airlock by now. Let's go."

OoCOf course, if anyone tries to open the airlock, they will find that despite the touch pad next to the airtight door still having some semblance of power and being very faintly lit up, it is completely unresponsive to any command. In addition, any attempt to contact the other half of the group via the com will just be met by silence.

Group closer to the exit but sitting on a bunch of explosives and beeing flooded
As an afterthought, it seems perfectly reasonable that opening the hatch to the outside would flood the romm, but no one can go back and change it now. What they can do, is close the hatch again and pump the water out until the rest of the group has arrived. Or at least so Jason thinks, as he madly hits the button to close the torpedo hatch again. Unfortunately, his efforts are only met with the sound of more groaning and straining metal, before a few seconds later it stops. Water however, is still clearly flowing in from outside. Whatever happened, whether it was his rapidly hitting the button, or the previous groaning sound was a sign the hatch was being warped in some way as it was opened, or whether something happened to the power supply for some reason, one thing is clear: there does not appear to be any closing of the torpedo hatch. As a consequence, the room continues to fill up with water, and relatively quickly at that. By now, half of the rooms volume seems to be filled, and everyone is slowly reaching the point where they are lifted off the ground.
"Ok, now what?"
Vanessa asks, sounding a little bit frightened. Tony meanwhile, appears to be trying to keep his cool, though he does make several attempts to contact Jacques...again unsuccessfully.
"Ok, no need to panic. We can't close the torpedo hatch, so the airlock won't open again. No problem. We'll just have to find another entrance to the sub and get the others out in that way...somehow...


OoCAs for the others, the airlock won't open for you either, and you do not receive any com signal from anyone on the other side of the airlock.

Last edited by Inem; 11-17-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB