RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 4e > Homebrew: N-R > Outside Vault 37b > Vault-Tec Archives
twitter google facebook
1 9 1 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 AM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2019
RPXP: 9346
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 10,979
Soon becoming bored with watching the scouts, Jorm looks around the area. Picking up a few small pebbles to him, he tosses them against the side of the stadium in a bored manner. Quickly running out of pebbles in his hand, he scoops up a few more before trying to make a game of it with himself. Tossing the pebbles at a specific spot soon holds his attention but when he runs out he is back to being bored. Looking over at the hole, he walks over before bending down and peering in. Need help guys? Jorm is bored.
__________________
Life has returned to normal. Posting M-F most likely with rare weekend post.

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 02-19-2014 at 02:19 PM.
  #197  
Old 02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Duderk's Avatar
Duderk Duderk is offline
Death! By Snoo Snoo!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2014
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk
Posts: 3,393
Gunny finds the tedium as draining as Jorm, but instead of doing something outwardly entertaining, Gunny sighs and pulls the small tattered book from his pocket. Lifting the book, he starts reading, though Jorm's question causes him to look up in surprise. Grunting softly, he goes back to his book while waiting for a response.
__________________

For anyone who notices, I made that glove that is my avatar. It's Chainmail.
  #198  
Old 02-23-2014, 05:55 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
Isaiah 7:14
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 32286
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 55,158
Abruptly. SAM's speakers flare into life, playing something part way between an electronic dance number, and a classical orchestral piece. His own reaction to it clearly tells that it wasn't what he was looking for, but he offers no more words, and continues searching his faulty databanks.

The mutants, now seeing light in the room below, also heard Morgan's success with the door. A quick word of encouragement was all they needed to jump down - the room itself had offered little in the way of salvage, so the only thing left to do would be to venture deeper...and they wouldn't do that whilst leaving half the group up top!

With the mutants below, Morgan set about working on the lock once more - this time, to ensure it was not operable from this side of the door. Once they had all passed through, they could seal the door behind them, and keep the wastelander scouts at bay. The others had another moment to look around and claim anything from the shelves (or perhaps, segments of the shelves) before Morgan was done, and they would have to take their explorations deeper into the ruins.



 
__________________
Hugga says: back healing, new modem installed, hugga rebooting...
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
  #199  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Duderk's Avatar
Duderk Duderk is offline
Death! By Snoo Snoo!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2014
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk
Posts: 3,393
Quickly stowing his book, Gunny crouch walks his way to the hole, trying to keep his head down as he moves. Quickly dropping into the hole, the Mutant grins towards Jorm. "Stealth!" is all the green man says, though his shoulders were quite obviously higher then the car that was dragged out as cover.

Ambling around the room, Gunny looks at a few items here or there before shrugging and wandering towards the door. Looking down as Morgan fumbled with the lock, the super mutant leans against the wall, ignoring or ignorant of the creaking that this action causes while he watches the teen work.
__________________

For anyone who notices, I made that glove that is my avatar. It's Chainmail.
  #200  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 PM
kenneth's Avatar
kenneth kenneth is offline
Still Cuddly, Still Fuzzy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-03-2018
RPXP: 14067
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Posts: 5,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Need help guys? Jorm is bored."
"Uh, sure. This here hallway is pretty clear, considering. I think we should dig a bit deeper, while we're here. Odds are the place will be cleaned out the moment we turn our backs."

Morgan's face twisted as a thought came to him. He chewed on that thought a bit, then said, "The cart is dead, but the trailer's in pretty good shape. We'll have to take those flats off..."

He poked around he lawn care equipment a bit more.

"Yeah, this'll work out fine. It won't fit through most of the rest of the doors, most likely, and we sure as shootin' aren't gonna get it up through that hole, but for carring anything heavy as we move along it might be useful."

"Wanna give me a hand?"
__________________
Some idiot let me run a game!
If I pee far, its because I stand on the shoulders of giants.
~ Howard Tayler

Last edited by kenneth; 02-24-2014 at 07:03 PM.
  #201  
Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Duderk's Avatar
Duderk Duderk is offline
Death! By Snoo Snoo!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2014
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk
Posts: 3,393
Gunny pushes himself off the wall, again ignoring the dust and pebbles that fall from the ceiling. Moving over to the lawn care equipment, he leans down and looks at it. "Need hand how? Carry through door?" Reaching down to scoop up the large machine, Gunny strains to lift the device for a few moments, all in vain. Releasing his hold and standing up, Gunny scratches his head. Taking another look, the super mutant seems to just now notice that it has wheels, and his green face goes darker as he tries to blush.

Reaching out to try and move the large cart, Gunny finds that one of it's wheels is flat. Nodding his understanding, finally, of Morgan's request, Gunny looks at a near-by wheel that could replace the damaged one. Not finding a jack, Gunny motions towards the spare wheel as he moves Feel free to gloss over any repairs on the cart; I wasn't sure what you were going for, Kenneth, but I figured this would provide some "time" for Jorm to try and plug the hole. If it's not worth while (considering the locked door) then we can just move along into the halls ahead as well.to lift the offending corner of the cart.

While it didn't look like it, Gunny had been mulling over Morgan's words as he was trying to resolve the issue with this cart device. Looking up towards the hole above them, he tilts his head, glancing at Jorm. "Plug hole?"
__________________

For anyone who notices, I made that glove that is my avatar. It's Chainmail.
  #202  
Old 02-25-2014, 12:10 PM
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2019
RPXP: 9346
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Posts: 10,979
Nodding back, Jorm responds Plug hole. Looking around the room at the shelves and cabinets, he looks through the forced doors to take stock of the other room. Deciding that it would be easier to block from the new side and just block the doors from opening. Hopefully the scouts didn't have anything like a cutter to get through the doors, but they looks pretty thick. Walking around the room, he gives an experimental pull on a couple different cabinets, but failed to move any as he realizes they are mounted to the wall. Looking around he fails to spot anything to remove them. A couple tools lie around, but he never had the patience of them. Going back to the first room, he sees a couple of moveable foot lockers and a few standup up lockers for the workers to change in. Picking up the a couple, he carries them into the other room. Going back, he pulls down a locker or two with a massive crash. Dragging them with a grinding noise of metal on concrete, it echos up and down. Sighing in relief as he gets the last one in, he looks at the others. Deactivate Sam and bring him in? I no want to leave him behind to be ripped apart by brotherhood.
__________________
Life has returned to normal. Posting M-F most likely with rare weekend post.
  #203  
Old 02-25-2014, 07:14 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
Isaiah 7:14
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 32286
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 55,158
The trailer was serviceable, and held - if barely - the lawn care machine. It didn't look like it would fit much else, and its bulk meant that at the first corner, they would probably have to leave it behind. That, or only move straight ahead.

Jorm moved a few of the lockers around, readying them to be used to block the passage, as Jasper wondered on his request to get SAM down here. There seemed to be no real way to safely get the robot downstairs - even if both mutants helped catch him, the jolt would break what little remained of his shaky systems, and neither vault-dweller had the ability to repair that damage.

What was more pressing was the Pip-Boys warning that there were more people moving around up top. SAM's music changed, starting some orchestral score to a 1970's thriller /suspense movie, to put the scouts off their concentration, whilst also serving as a warning to those below. He offered no suggestion as to what they should do with him, but the music suggested that they should be on their way quickly.

OOCOK - let's try a montage. Write your suggestions of challenges in the OOC thread (an obstacle the party encountered, but defeated), and pick someone else's challenge and come back to this thread to describe how your character was the one to get the party past the challenge. Remember to state in the OOC thread that you have taken someone's challenge, so no one double ups!


 
__________________
Hugga says: back healing, new modem installed, hugga rebooting...
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
  #204  
Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 PM
Duderk's Avatar
Duderk Duderk is offline
Death! By Snoo Snoo!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2014
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk
Posts: 3,393
Satisfied that the cart will serve their prupose for now, Gunny moves into the passages beyond the jury rigged door. The group walks through the hallways; Gunny still unsure of what they might be seeking, but not too terribly concerned about the ultimate intentions. Each time a smaller side passage appears, Gunny contemplates if moving down the sides might be better, but the cart does not look like it could handle the corners, and so Gunny keeps moving forward, unconcerned about what might be missed.

After an indeterminate amount of following the slightly curving hallway, an odd clicking from the vaulters causes Gunny to slow and look at the pair. Listening to the pair speak, it becomes apparent that something ahead is leaking radiation, dangerous amounts at that. Unsure of what the humans intend, Gunny shrugs and decides to go take a look at what might be causing the issues.

Noticing a sign on a near-by doorway indicating radiation, Gunny moves up to the heavy steel door and pries it open. Stepping inside, Gunny can see a large, damaged, power generator of some sort. Looking at the device, he can see a large crack in the side of the machine, a glowing pile of green goo barely revealed by the damage. Looking around, Gunny cannot see any way to dispose of the goo or repair the crack. Sitting down, the mutant starts contemplating what he might be able to do to help the vulnerable humans get past the dangerous area; the hallways looked like they were starting to open up, and Gunny feels sure that something interesting must lie ahead, but to backtrack would expose them to the dangers of those they had left behind.

As his musings lead back full circle, he notices a small circle painted on a nearby wall. Moving over to it, he realizes that the circle is painted on a pull out door. Opening the door, Gunny looks down a shaft, extending a fair distance into gloom below. The goo shouldn't bother us if its down there.

Looking around the room, Gunny seeks anything that could be used to shovel the goo from the damaged machine, finally settling on a warped steel plate. After a few minutes of work, he has scooped most of the goop into the shaft. Hope we don't have to go down there... are his only concerns about the random disposal of waste into an unknown shaft. Moving back to the group, he finds Jasper and Morgan still arguing about how to protect themselves from the radiation. Gunny walks up and taps Morgan's arm device. Clicking stop? Without another word about his efforts, Gunny grabs the cart and begins to move again.
__________________

For anyone who notices, I made that glove that is my avatar. It's Chainmail.
  #205  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:27 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
Isaiah 7:14
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 32286
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 55,158
Behind them, SAM waited. His readouts were not as shiny, nor as flash, as they had once been. His sensors could only pick up the three bodies - the two that had interacted with his friends, and the third, who had stayed hidden from everyone. And his processors kept dropping 1's every 3,087th calculation. He was running low - on energy, on new hits to play, on companions, and on whatever classified itself as 'life' for an artificial intelligence constrained within a metallic frame.

Slowly, the number of bodies surrounding him grew, as each gang's members arrived to answer their call. SAM counted another three groups, in addition to the original three, all forming and all eager to get inside. But, inside were his friends. They had not known him long, but they had known him well. They had rescued him, fixed him, and seen him as one of them, not just something to be used, scrapped, and recycled. They would have taken him with them, had they had the menas.

Means. Not 'menas'. The spell-check was already going; voice units may well be next. How long until he couldn't even play an annoying tune to those who wanted his electronics? Would he really let himself go silently? Was that to be his fate? Will -

His internal subroutines were interrupted by the first bullet whizzing by. It did not go unanswered, and within seconds, a bloody, six-sided battle broke out, as each gang fought against the others over rights to whatever was stored below. SAM noted that it would only be minutes now until they were upon him. Only minutes to come up with a balm. Palm.

Plan.

====================

Ultimately, there was only one thing SAM could do. He couldn't fight them all. He couldn't escape through their battle. He couldn't get into the hole safely, either. But he could ensure that his friends managed to get away from the oncoming violent masses. And, he could ensure that none of them stole his tech.

There were a few circuits left to cross, a few links not often made. It would deplete his power cells greatly, run him dry in hours, not weeks - but that didn't matter. He only needed minutes.

*Clink*! His head spun from the impact from a stray shell. The last of the fluid supporting his organic brain was now leaking, dripping out. He only had minutes...but now, he needed bare seconds.

Through his speakers, an old pop-metal anthem started playing, attracting the attention of those nearby, and momentarily stopping some of the battle. "Come one, come Alice!" SAM announced, his speech circuits noticeably replacing text at seemingly random. "For the treasures below are a once-in-a-Livington opportunity! You will never see their Lucys again!" A handful - at least half a dozen, perhaps more - of the closer gang members completely put aside their battle now, moving towards the strange mechanical robot and his garbled speech. The music was reaching a crescendo now, and the speed was almost twice what it was when originally recorded. "No? No takers? Does this offer have to stand Robertson? Do I not have a single eager David to James McKaffery Thirty-seven nine four point three?" Confusion over his speech mingled with greed for what they imagined lurked in the hole, and the wastelanders moved as one, rushing, pushing to get below.

SAM said but one more word. "Zero." It wasn't directly tied with those eager, greedy wastelanders, but it did cover how many made it home that night, and in part, it was the cause of their sudden and fiery expiration.

====================

The explosion rocked the surrounding area, threw chunks of the roof into the air, and brought three times as much rubble down on the excavation site as had been there a day ago. Only those nearest SAM were killed by his self-destruction. Many others died or were badly injured in the stadium's collapse, whilst the rest of the dead died from the battle itself. A few survived for upwards of a week, before their injuries took them, whilst the rest - perhaps two dozen in total - fled to a safe distance.

Those that had lost too many, or perhaps had too few to start with, did not return. But three gangs stayed, camped out at what they hoped were safe distances, waiting to see what would be revealed in the clearing dust. They never found out.

The explosion caught the attention of the Steelers more than the battle had, and a patrol moved quickly to the site, driving off the few scouts remaining, and forcing the rest to eventually leave. Over the next few days, they set up barricades around the stadium, enforcing the ruin into a no-go zone, stating that they were merely "determining whether or not it was safe to enter", and that everything was "for the good of everyone", though those that had survived the Stadium Massacre had different stories to tell, if you wanted to listen to them.

The Steelers presence signified the end of any hope the gangs had of their looting. After it had been three weeks, and the barriers and patrols were still there, the gangs could only imagine what goods lay below, and what wealth the Steelers were amassing for themselves even now...
__________________
Hugga says: back healing, new modem installed, hugga rebooting...
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB