Game Thread Pathfinder - Outplay Round 2 - Atalla Wanderer, Squeak, Thorsten, Yuul - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Outplay Arena > Outplay 2014
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 43373
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 14,809
Father Nimor, The Fleet

Father Nimor
left-aligned image
Doing his best to keep up with the fleeing Pwr, Nimor takes a moment to casts a backwards glance as he races out of the plaza. He sees that Dharn had Kaelis down and stood menacingly above the half-dragon, his huge sword ready to strike.

As he continues to race away, the lithe form of Mizu the Undine appears next to him, grabbing Pwr and trying to shuffle off with him into a nearby building. Nimor tries to join them, but his body refused to listen, instead moving him onward into the streets of the small town. He ran alone now, frustrated by the magical fear he knew would not last.

Dharn and Mizu, they do not have any magic, at least none that they have shown. Could Kaelis have done this?

While magic fear had gripped his body, Nimor's mind was still intact enough to realize the truth. This was the half-dragon's work, there could be no doubt. The winged fool that had ruined all of his plans. A scowl crosses the drow's fear-stricken face as he bellows out a single name in frustrated rage.

"KAELIS!!!"


 

Last edited by Squeak; Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
  #32  
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Atalla Wanderer's Avatar
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer is offline
Ready for Battle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2021
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Posts: 9,108
Pwr resisted Mizu's grasp, and Mizu only then realized that he had forgot the orb of communication! But he didn't stop to retrieve it, instead staying with the creature as it continued to run - a slow job for Mizu - as far as it was willing to go. The undine had glanced behind him to see that the mercnary was keeping Red preoccupied, and was glad his coin had gone to some small use.

Mizu stayed with the creature until he had stopped, and they were long out of sight of Red, and then he knelt, turned, and pulled the creature into a hug. Across the myriad races of the multiverse, hugging seemed to be a universal symbol, and Mizu hoped it would be as such here. As he did so he patted the creature's back lightly, and soothingly spoke to him. Like the night before, he didn't know which words would work, if indeed any of them, so he tried everything at his disposal.

It's okay. それは大丈夫です。
Es ist in Ordnung. 괜찮아.
Тоа е во ред. انه بخير.
Είναι εντάξει. 没关系。
Không sao đâu. ეს ნორმალურია.
یہ ٹھیک ہے. It's okay.


Mizu released Pwr from the hug and instead held his shoulders, looking into his alien eyes. The undine then switched to a different tactic - song. The monestary had taught him song, and the dwarves of all the Clans were fierce singers; Mizu had augmented his talent with their influence, and a deep yet soft song now came from him, a song meant to calm Pwr, to help shake of the last vestiages of fear and replace them with a sense of companionship and purpose. It was a strange song he had learned from the humans, from strange humans that had traveled far, but it was the first thing that came to the undine's mind now, staring into these strange eyes. Mizu's voice was soft, with a dash of deepness. Dwarves bellowed heartily, but Mizu was an undine, however he thought of himself, and his voice sung more like a sea-elf's than the rest of his Clan.

We were sitting, we were sitting on the strawberry swing,
Every moment was so precious

We were sitting, we were talking in the strawberry swing,
Everybody was for fighting
Wouldn't wanna waste a thing

Cold, cold water, bring me round
Now my feet won't touch the ground
Cold, cold water, what ya say? When it's such…
When it's such… A perfect day. When it's such…
A perfect day.


Mizu stood, still singing, and held out his hand to Pwr, not grasping at the Visitor anymore; if Pwr choose to take Mizu's hand it would be his decision. If not, Mizu would stick with him regardless and protect him until they could leave, together, to save the sea of planes. Whatever happens, I'll protect him.

I remember, we were walking up to the strawberry swing,
I can't wait until the morning,
Wouldn't wanna change a thing.

People moving all the time, inside a perfectly straight line.
Don't you wanna curve away? When it's such…
It's such a perfect day.

Now the sky could be blue,
I don't mind.
Without you it's a waste of time...

When it's such a perfect day.



 
__________________
Street Rats of Ur reboots under the co-stewardship of Muggins and I! It's the perfect combination of chaos and curated DMing skill. Check out the application thread now!
  #33  
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Yuul's Avatar
Yuul Yuul is offline
Master of Undeath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 16152
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posts: 9,190
Kaelis Bloodscale

For a long moment Kaelis' fiery gaze looks up at Dharn's and for an almost impossible moment they soften. But it passes, and whatever fire that seemed behind the glow in his eyes has instead been replaced by a look more akin to the heart of a volcano. A snarled expression swiftly crosses the dragon-blooded mage's face, for Kaelis is now too far removed for deals. Seconds earlier, he had been merciful enough to allow Dharn and perhaps even the monk to survive another few hours, maybe even a day, and simply deal with them later. But twice now has the one he first thought useful knocked him to the ground, a humbling lesson that were Kaelis not so filled with the pride and arrogance belonging to a proper dragon it might have done him some good. No more mercy was there to be found in his mind, and certainly not his instincts. Those instincts had wanted to kill him last night, as soon as he was done serving his purpose. Had he still possessed money then that night he would have tossed the man a recruitment offer, for Garshilan possessed many an operation that could used a good sellsword.

But as it was that blood that burned hot in Kaelis' veins was in sync with those instincts, and together they tore at his mind, demanding blood, demanding fire, demanding ash, and above all else demanding death. To make this man but one more example amongst many. To hang his head high for all to see, a warning to all who would risk the fury of a dragon. His mind, the more thinking part of him, would have preferred to work with the magic at his disposable. But while a true dragon's mind could have held the combination of blood and instinct at bay if it so wished, Kaelis was crippled in that aspect. And if blood fueled instinct demanded blood, fire, ash, and death, then those things would it get. "'Might not be the best idea?'" Kaelis mocked back. "Did you ever think, mortal, that it would have been better if you stayed out of this and let me deal with the others? BURN!" A hot burning flame ignited in the back of his throat, from somewhere he could never quite identify. Dharn had but a moment in which he could see the light reflecting up the sorcerer's throat before they spilled out to let him feel what kind of pain the riders from the day before had experienced.

 
__________________
PIG: Birch VERSES China, Fight!
Me: ...my money is on Birch for the record.

Last edited by Yuul; Aug 9th, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
  #34  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 33955
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 34,776
OODMYes Squeak, please assume in your final post that enough time has passed to get you and Pwr (who will continue running with you) and Mizu to the end of the fear effect

Dharn stood over Kaelis, sword out and waiting for him to cast a spell or try to stand up again. It was a nice, stable position of power for the mercenary.

But Kaelis could breathe fire, and Please make your Reflex save. Not that if you fail, you must also make a DC 15 Fort save versus system shock or dieDharn entirely wasn't expecting it. The flames errupted from the dragon disiple's mouth like an explosion into the sky.

Father Nimor, Pwr and Mizu have now fled the square into the plaza: it would take time to find them if someone was looking, and once they were out of line of sight of Kaelis, they were able to calm down. Pwr dogged Father Nimor, apparently blindly trusting the drow knew what was going on - and Mizu followed Pwr, trying to calm him to little effect: though it wasn't due to lack of trying, only due to the magic that clouded Pwr's mind.

OODMThis is the final GM post of this round. The threads will be closed about... 26 hours from the time of this post.

__________________
I'm SO BUSY. I want to update more, but I've only got so many hours in a day.
Great Player || Great DM || Great Guy || Published Author|| Straight Path Games || Ronar's Twitter

Last edited by Admin RonarsCorruption; Aug 11th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.
  #35  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Thorsten's Avatar
Thorsten Thorsten is offline
Confused and confounded
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 30439
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Posts: 7,145
Dharn the Siegebreaker

Dharn had feared that Red would snap, and snap the half-dragon did. A deep intake from the prone figure was all the warning the mercenary had, before flames burst forth in a great gout from Red's mouth and engulfed him in a geyser of flame.

For a brief moment Dharn had time to regret going easy on the psychotic aspiring dragon. To regret not following through on the attempts to keep Red from killing everyone by slicing his head clean off despite all the opportunities he had had, then all his world was orange and red as the fire rolled over him, scorching exposed flesh and searing his clothes and hair. Dharn gasped in pain, until not even that was enough and he was forced to let out a great bellow like a wounded beast.

Then the roaring hellfire ended, and the mercenary was left gasping behind. Big welts were appearing on his cheek, and clumps of his hair had fried right of his scalp, leaving patches of angry red burns behind.


 
__________________
Father of proud children. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.

Last edited by Thorsten; Aug 10th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
  #36  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thorsten's Avatar
Thorsten Thorsten is offline
Confused and confounded
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2021
RPXP: 30439
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Posts: 7,145
Dharn the Siegebreaker #2

Dharn had been close to death before. It was an unavoidable thing for any man dealing in death as a means of trade. He had experienced being stabbed and shot at, he'd been attempted drowned once, and had even survived poisoning from a nasty breed of giant spiders his men had been hired to put down near a small farming community. But never before had he experienced the sensation of being cooked alive.

The mercenary's armor, usually able to deflect even the worst of strikes, did little to protect him against the onslaught of fire pouring out of the half-dragons gullet. The air was drawn forcefully out of his lungs and left him short of breath, and his eyes watered up in response to the intense heat. It was merely by chance that he managed to place his arm in front of his face, to avoid being blinded by the roaring flames. It was pure hell to experience, and for a brief moment he all but gave up hope of surviving.

But live he did. And as the flames wilted away, Dharn sucked in a deep ragged breath and moved. He took half a step forward, then had to rest the large sword against the ground to avoid his knees giving up underneath him. Gritting his teeth together, he pushed himself up again, until he was looking down at the prone form below him.

Dharn sneered, his eyes narrowing and burnt lips splitting and pouring forth blood.
"You fool" he wheezed. "You spiteful thing. You arrogant son of a she wolf. I was not your enemy here - I merely intended to stop you from ruining our chance of an exit in your madness, but you see nothing but red." He snorted. It was a painful experience if his expression was anything to go by. "If you so wish for destruction, then stay here be destroyed. Wallow in the consequences of your hate-addled actions. Bastard!"

Dharn growled the last word as rose to his full height and pulled the sword up. It was clear that it took a tremendous effort on part of the mercenary, but as he began to act with purpose his movement became more fluid, and the greatsword rose up momentarily, before it described a huge downwards arc towards the throat of the prone Kaelis.

But Dharn was already moving before the result of the blow could manifest itself. Gritting his teeth together, the mercenary dashed forward, steam rising from the blackened figure as he raced towards the 'Unspeakable' with speed that bellied both his wounds and hulking figure and moved to the open hatch left behind by Pwr.

As soon as Dharn had learnt about the 'Unspeakable' and the properties granted by its Constance Engine, the mercenary had contemplated seizing the machine by force. The words drawn out by the dark elf's truth serum - that it had been built in a way that would allow anyone with half a brain to operate it - had only furthered Dharn's desire to get his hands on the machine. If it meant survival, then there was little Dharn would do.

Only now his hand was being forced early. Red had finally succumbed fully to his pride and arrogance, despite Dharn's attempts to prevent bloodshed for long enough for the owner of the vessel to return, and now only seemed to care about hunting and killing and exerting dominance over whatever he considered lesser beings. Well plough them all. Plough the grayskinned visitor. Plough the elf and the undine. And the Hells of Qeth'aros take the thrice cursed half-dragon. Dharn would not die here. Not with so much left unfulfilled. He'd take control of the 'Unspeakable' and forge his own path forward. A path that would lead him past this elemental place of earth enough times for him to built a bloody castle of gold.

Scrambling into the space left by Pwr's flight, Dharn tossed his large sword aside to land somewhere at his feet, and immediately turned about to dump down into the seat there. Here he began pushing down buttons and pulling on levers in an effort to close cover and lock Red outside. Raising his hand he grabbed a hold of the sliding roof, and heaved on it to urge it to move faster.

Dharn would try to familiarize himself with the controls later. Maybe even consider this whole multiverse issue, although the allure of a plane full of gold pulled much stronger. For now, however, his number one priority was getting several inches of adamantine between himself and the fire breathing sociopath rolling around on the cobblestones below.


 
__________________
Father of proud children. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.

Last edited by Thorsten; Aug 10th, 2014 at 10:07 AM.
  #37  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is offline
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 43373
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 14,809
Father Nimor, The Vengeful

Father Nimor
left-aligned image
The spell had finally worn off and Nimor once again gained control over his body. His mithril boots creak in protest as he grinds them into the cobblestone floor, abruptly stopping his forward movement. It takes a moment for him to catch his breath and for the shock of the moment to wear off, but his mind floods with thoughts once it does.

So many things had happened in the past few minutes. He had met Pwr, an alien with what Nimor believed could be the most important mission that had ever existed in the history of the multiverse. Nimor had listened to the plan and was just about to agree to accompany the alien on his mission. Then out of nowhere, both he and Pwr were attacked from behind with a spell, one cast by a half-breed with delusions of self grandeur.

He turns to his left to see the breathless form of Pwr standing next to the calm, collected form of Mizu, his protector. Seeing that the alien did not have his translating device, he casts a quick spell over Pwr to ensure their was no confusion in his orders.

"Stay with Pwr, keep him safe. There is something I need to do" he snaps at Mizu through gritted teeth.

The drow's normally alabaster skin turns beet red with anger as these thoughts go through his mind. He knew he could not allow such a cowardly deed to go unpunished, he knew he would have to make a powerful statement in response to this action. And he knew exactly what he was going to do.

Nimor begins stomping towards the plaza, pausing only once to cast a quick spell as he makes his was back. He speaks his intent out loud, his voice rising in crescendo with each step that he takes as he clearly expresses outrage at what had just been done to him.

"Kaelis humiliated me.
I am going to stop him...
Then I'm going to rip his wings off...
Then I'm going to kill him!
Then I'm going to kill his whole family!
Then I'm going to burn his house down!!
Then I'll go back in the middle of the night so I can piss in his ashes!"
the drow with a nod to the writers of the Untouchables rants, his slender form shaking in anger as he stalks back towards the winged human.

 
  #38  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Yuul's Avatar
Yuul Yuul is offline
Master of Undeath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 16152
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posts: 9,190
Pre-post RollsSpellcraft check to identify Nimor's spell.
Dice Roll:
inum1d20+12 error: the roll must be in the format xdy, and the values before and after the 'd' must be numbers; alternatively, a valid short-hand method may be specified (please see the FAQ for help)
I believe the DC is 17 in this case.
I see how I messed that up, no space between the dice and the inum. Try 2.
Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (10)+12 Total = 22
(22)

Attack of opportunity: Free action(takes less time than swift or the immediate action so should be okay, if not than ignore this), grow natural weapons, Bite Attack. At a -4 because of prone.
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (4)+11 Total = 15
(15)
__________________
PIG: Birch VERSES China, Fight!
Me: ...my money is on Birch for the record.

Last edited by Yuul; Aug 10th, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
  #39  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Atalla Wanderer's Avatar
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer is offline
Ready for Battle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2021
RPXP: 14929
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Posts: 9,108
Mizu waited until the drow was out of earshot, though he could hear his boiling rage echoing throughout the otherwise silent streets. Only then did he turn to Pwr, kneeling to be level with the Visitor, and whispering. You can understand me now? The alien nodded, and Mizu smiled. Don't worry, I'll protect you. But we must get back to the Unspeakable quickly. That wyrmling who scared you isn't from my world, but the human who came with him appears trustworthy. He stayed to fight the evil thing. If he lives, we should take him with us. Mizu paused for a moment, thinking of other things. He reminds me of my family.

Shaking away errant thoughts, the undine turned around while still kneeling, an awkward waddling motion. Climb aboard and hold on, Pwr of the Unspeakable. I will go with you wherever you travel, to any plane, to prevent this merging of worlds. But first, we need to get to your ship - and I know of a way that's safer than the streets. Mizu waited for Pwr to clamber onto his back, alien arms clutching his robes. Before turning to the building they were adjacent to. Mizu's monastic training had taught him to think vertically. While the rest of them - the drow, wyrmling, and human - were bound to the ground, Mizu knew you had a strategic advantage from being above your opponents.

He bent his legs low, then PUSHED with all his might, springing his body straight up. Pass the upper floors of the building, and slightly forward he moved, and then he landed in the same pose on the roof of the buildings. Mizu looked around and spotted an opening in the distance - the square! He began to move along the roofs, bounding across open voids where streets and alleys lay below, weaving towards the square. As he went, he recited monastic teachings to Pwr, and also to himself.

"If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
If he is in superior strength, evade him.
If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.
Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
If his forces are united, separate them.
If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them.
Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected ."


As he finished, Mizu found himself overlooking the square. There a battle raged below between the wyrmling Red, and the drow, Father Nimor. The mercenary was nowhere to be seen, though Mizu noted the hatch on the Unspeakable was closed. Perhaps the human had been forced within? The undine deduced the path that would lead them closest to the Unspeakable. Pwr, I'm going to deliver you to the Unspeakable. Then I'm going to retrieve your orbs. I place my trust in you that you will wait for me to return. Once we have the orbs we can leave. Father Nimor will protect us until we do from the monster - see how he engages it now?

Mizu began to move once more, weaving along the outside of the square and making for the building that was closest to the Unspeakable. He hoped Father Nimor - the raging drow - would be able to keep the wyrmling busy. Mizu the businessman was gone at the moment. This wasn't about securing a deal, it was life or death. Mizu harbored no illusions about being able to fight Red. It would be life or death, and for what? Because of Red's arrogance and pride, of his illusions of being dragon-kind? Mizu knew he had a better chance of living if he left in the Unspeakable, and he dearly wanted to live. Angradd has taught us, strategize in war. Go on the offensive when you can, and retreat when you should. Fighting Red isn't the goal - it never was. He has made himself into the main event, when in reality he's always been a sideshow.

Upon reaching the building Mizu didn't break stride. He leapt over the side of the wall, just barely out, and as they fell Mizu's feet returned to the wall. He slid down the outside, using the outcroppings of windows, doors, and trim to direct him and slow him further. Like a thief from one of the desert nations, Mizu rode the wall like a carpet, landing in the square behind the Unspeakable without a single injury. He scrambled atop the thing, allowed Pwr to open it, and placed the Visitor inside. Only then did he see and smell the mercenaries burnt flesh.

Mizu gulped, locking eyes with the human. I'm going to retrieve the orbs Pwr dropped. We'll need them to communicate. When I return, we'll have the two volunteers he needed. Mizu turned to Pwr. I'll be back. The monk then closed the hatch and turned to survey the scene below. Retrieving the orbs would be dangerous. Mizu wasn't interested in fighting, but he was about to enter a battlefield nonetheless. He surveyed the area, looking for the orbs Pwr had dropped when the spell overtook him. Spotting them, Mizu sprung forward to retrieve them.

Dwarven: "Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt!"Lassen Sie Ihre Pläne so dunkel und undurchdringlich wie die Nacht sein, und wenn Sie sich bewegen, fallen wie ein Blitz!


 
__________________
Street Rats of Ur reboots under the co-stewardship of Muggins and I! It's the perfect combination of chaos and curated DMing skill. Check out the application thread now!

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; Aug 10th, 2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Added a climb check, for good measure.
  #40  
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Yuul's Avatar
Yuul Yuul is offline
Master of Undeath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 12th, 2021
RPXP: 16152
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posts: 9,190
Kaelis laughs at the mercenary's pain, at his own pain even, despite his miserable failure in attempting to snap the other man's leg in two with his teeth. Kaelis grins with his now overly large teeth as he stands up, making good use of the sellsword's flight, which was an entirely appropriate reaction to a dragon. If Kaelis was disappointed at all, then it would be his own failure to outright reduce the man to ashes. That time would come though, eventually. In the present he would have to do something about the return of the drow, much sooner than he should have been, who was casting a rather familiar looking spell. His eyes were now slits, looking back and forth between the Drow and the mercenary. He was now of a mind to want both dead. Hells, everyone but Pwr should die. It would make everything much easier. For the first time since this had all begun, Kaelis wished for the old bond Garshilan had once maintained between the two. It had been a permanent form of telepathic communication, but only affected thoughts specifically directed toward the other.

Early on in his career as the Mighty One's lieutenant the wyrmling that he was often had many questions while still learning, and Garshilan enjoyed the much quicker acquisition of messages and information. Sadly it was one of the things he had lost in his encounter with Antarithux. The black wyrm had somehow detected or surmised their form of communication and had it dispelled before beginning his attempt to kill Kaelis. Despite the loss of instant communication had never seen fit to renew the bond, as Kaelis was long past the learning stage. But if he had, then Kaelis could have asked him his opinion on this matter. Perhaps there would have even been an early introduction for the townspeople to their soon to be overlord, as the massive dragon himself dealt with this. Kaelis did not know precisely why Haydon was so important to his master's grand scheme, but it was. It would not do to think on such things right now, not when there remained ants to squash beneath his feet.

Wings spreading wide as they had been unable to do since the sellsword had dared knock him to the ground Kaelis takes flight whilst his gaze moves between the priest ranting about what he would do to Kaelis and the mercenary moving into the machine fearing for his life. Wait a moment. Kaelis snarled in the same fury as he had done so earlier. But for the first time since instincts and blood and begun their joint screaming Kaelis' mind now had a say in what he did. And that was to think. Everyone wanted into the machine, and at present only Dharn the mercenary was inside. That was where they would be heading and in a moment they too would be trying to get inside. Well then, there was but one thing to do wasn't there?

Angling his wings properly Kaelis ignored the drow and moved to be vertically adjacent to the entryway of the Unspeakable as their otherworldly guest called it. Anyone wanting entry would have to get by him, including the little Pwr. Soon he would also cast a spell, making entry without harm impossible save for himself and the drow. Yes, this was probably his best chance. Kaelis certainly doesn't bother replying to one so far below himself as the drow, and instead waits.

 


 
__________________
PIG: Birch VERSES China, Fight!
Me: ...my money is on Birch for the record.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB