: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9636
Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven
What in all the glorious hell was going on here? What was that thing clawing at? What was that thing. A dry swallow is forced as his tongue shriveled in his mouth, but still, he saunters a bit as he sees, in all haste, that his friends were being evacuated. Nik and himself stood still, "Vell, you vaiting for invitation? Get! Unless you know how to dispel Baba yaga, den I suggest ve burn suka and go!"

An uneasy smile crosses his face as he looks to the specter, "So bugimen exist? Chto ty? Kak vas zavoot? So, vould you be bastard offspring of Baba yaga? I suppose old crone is real too." He cants his head as he slowly walks toward the door, lighting the rag and then lighting a cigarette off that. "Tili Tili bom," he says with a snort and a roll of his eyes, "Look at bad monster picking on innocent. Bare fang at rebenok... little more dan baby." He spits on the ground, giving a rough and ragged grin he nods to it as he jingles the loose chain a bit. Bravado, all of it, perhaps denial. He would likely die if he took this thing on in earnest, but, couldn't hurt to see if you could provoke it. If he could buy the others a little time, then he just had to make a run for it.

Nik of course was dragging his heels with the last of the ranks, but, Dmitri was a loyal soldier, and he sure as hell wasn't going to be the first one out the door, or even the fifth. "I vonder if you are bullet proof... No point, no gun, but, I guess ve vill see if you are fireproof?" He jiggles the bottle a little, looking for any reaction. Was this thing even paying him any attention. As soon as Nik was clear, he was going to torch the thing, even if that meant he had to leave another way with the fire blocking that exit.

Last edited by Greaven; 04-24-2015 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:31 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29018
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
As Nik stared in uncertainty, the nightmare raised its hands and.. clawed the air? Whatever its intent, it seemed to have Annalina upset. Although if anyone wasn't upset by what had happened, there was something very wrong with them. For a moment the singer feared Liam was going to throw himself at the agent of bloody death, and he braced himself to witness more horror, but the man kept his senses and rescued the fainting drummer instead. That left him to face the thing, with Dmitri somewhere nearby.

He should flee. The young man knew that, and he intended to. But fear touched something deeper and far darker. He glared at the spectre. "You!" He spat. "You interrupt my gig, murder my audience, savage my manager, and terrorize my drummer! Romanian) You can go to hell!Puteţi merge Ón iad!" He lifted up the heavy end of the stand, took a step forward, and swung it through the figure's space. Maybe he couldn't hurt it, but he could damn well make a point. Then the moment's over.

Time to go. He dropped the stand on the stage and hopped back a few feet. Then he noticed the burning bottle in Dmitri's hand, and the bassist's words start to process, like cars finally escaping a particularly bad traffic jam. "Let's try not to burn the building down if we can help it." He countered. Especially not with all their equipment still inside. "If it follows, hit it in the parking lot, at least." Not sure if the Russian intended to comply, he eyed what has been abandoned. The drums and amps were too large and heavy, but maybe.. He grabbed the keyboardist's tool awkwardly, holding his own guitar to keep it from slamming into things, and continued his retreat.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33934
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Mel raced out with Alan, ready to tell the keyboardist to go in the ambulance with the manager so Jeff would have a friendly face... the EMTs always went for that. But then the strange coin fell from Jeff's pocket and she was frozen, watching the spinning, spinning, spinning...

Her gut roiled as she alternately was gladdened and sickened by the faces of the coin. Bloody Janus coin! Where did Jeff come up with something like that? She was struggling against the strange emanations from the coin, trying to get close enough to drop something on it to stop its spin, but then Alan had to go and grab it. "No, don't!" Too late. Something told her the coin would make another reappearance, and probably soon the way the night was going.

Anna and Liam were out, Nik and Mitya... oh, hell. "Nik, get moving!" she cried angrily, eyes filling with the flames licking up the neck of the bottle in Dmitri's hand. "Basic Russian) Let's go, idiots!Davai, idioty!" She raced for the van, the hidden bottles in her skirt thumping her irregularly and almost making the runner misstep. Luckily her feet knew better. "Please tell me Jeff doesn't have the van keys..." she begged, looking from Anna's fainting form to Liam. Since she hadn't come with them, she didn't know who had driven the van. But she wasn't going to wait for the spectre to find out they were stuck. Instead she raced back to the ambulance, waving at the EMT visible in the still-open back. "Wait! I need his keys if we're going to follow you! I've got a friend about to faint, we need a car!" If Jeff hadn't driven, the EMTs wouldn't find his keys, but at least this way she'd removed one opportunity for disaster.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29185
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
A siren. Blurred faces. Voices speaking urgently in strange tongues. He was moving, and he wasn't alone.

Where am I? Jeff thought, if the chaotic mosh pit of activity in his brain could be considered thinking.

He blacked out. Not the first time that ever happened, but the first time it wasn't self-induced by some manner of intoxication.

I had a f*cking stroke. I can hear mom already...

He felt the soft, warm, vaguely familiar sensation of nothing. Opiates. Something happened. Maybe it wasn't a stroke, but he'd been hurt somehow. He recognized his surroundings. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a plastic bag full of clear liquid, below that a drip chamber, a transparent plastic hose curling off somewhere. It wasn't his first time in the back of an ambulance, either.

The urge to succumb to the chemically-induced mellow was strong, but Jeff fought it. Before he retired to La-La Land, he wanted to find out what was wrong with him. He opened his mouth to ask the question, and heard only the faint squeak of his own voice, muted. He was wearing an oxygen mask, and the words weren't coming.

Concentrate, Thompson! What's the last thing you remember?

It took a minute or more for the tour manager to remember where he'd been. He was with the new band, Arrowhead Epiphany. He was running sound. Things were fine. Things were great, in fact. The gig was going good, and something happened.

The pictures that flashed through his mind then were terrifying. He could hear the beeping of the heart monitor speed up instantly. One of the figures fiddled with the IV contraption.

Wake up! Sh*t! Wake UP! Jeff screamed silently, unable to make a sound. He was having a nightmare--a waking dream. He was back in that auditorium, at the college, and there was something horrible, unnatural, evil. It moved slowly, casually, toward innocent people, hating them. Hurting them. Jeff saw a young man in a cowboy hat decompose before his eyes. Jeff reached for the evil thing. He touched it, and watched the flesh burn off his hand in a burst of blue flame like flash paper, saw the charred thing smoking and oozing.

*Plinggggg.... swishswishswishswish....

What's that sound? In his dream, he saw a coin spinning on its edge. It got bigger, and bigger. It looked familiar somehow. He dreamed he'd seen it before... in another dream? Even as the thing turned, he could see both sides, one shiny, one dark--tarnished. On the dark side was the embossed image of a fox, on the shiny side an owl...

The coin!

Suddenly, Jeff remembered, and the realization was far more terrifying than the dream--because at that moment it occurred to him it wasn't a dream at all. It really happened. The strange man at the gig had given it to him.

No! It's the dope. He tried to convince himself, and couldn't believe his own lie. He was there, and it had happened. A wave of nausea overcame Jeff, and realizing he was lying on his back, the urgency of the situation brought voice to his lips. His muted voice shouted "I have to throw up!"

He felt hands under his back, and another pair removing his mask. His stomach rose and his throat and nose burned as he heaved until he was worried he wouldn't be able to take another breath. The EMTs helped him, clearing his airway and wiping him off with a soft damp cloth.

"Sorry," Jeff said with the hint of shame in his voice. "That was gross.

Where are we going?"

The siren kept blaring outside the vehicle, and the EMT spoke to him. He could hear these things, but barely. Those sounds were drowned out by the sound of the coin, repeating, as if it were there with him.

*Plinggggg.... swishswishswishswish....

It didn't stop.

Last edited by ItsaVerb; 04-27-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Not all who wander...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42328
moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba moozuba
Dmitri's threats did not slow the specter's advance. It turned, ignoring both Dmitri and Nik, toward the exit where Liam had fled with Annalina in his arms. The creature passed within three feet of Dmitri. If he was going to test its mettle with fire, the time was now.

Nik swung the heavy base of a mic stand at the scarlet visitor, but failed to connect with anything material. The effort was not without effect, though. The silver stem of the mic stand spotted brown as it passed through the creature's incorporeal form. As Nik pulled it back, the base snapped off, red with rust, clanking to the floor at his feet.

###

left-aligned image
The ambulance's siren screamed as it rushed Jeff away toward Cooley Dickinson Medical Center. The banshee wail of multiple other sirens rose to a fever pitch as they approached the site of the attack.

Alan snatched the coin and stuffed it into his pocket. The small disc was cool to the touch and he could feel a curious chill radiating against his hip from where he'd stowed the coin.

Mel retrieved the keys from the distracted paramedic. She unlocked the van as Liam helped Annalina onto the faded black felt padding of the vehicle's cargo hold, littered with discarded Taco Bell wrappers and spare microphone cords. Anna was shaken, but not injured. The reminder of Jeff's condition emboldened her. Gradually, her head began to clear.

Flashing red and blue lights filled the night, converging on the campus to surround it. The members of Arrowhead Epiphany would have to act fast if they hoped to avoid being detained and questioned by the police.

###

The EMTs handled Jeff's purging with poise. "We're in route to Cooley Dickinson Trauma Unit. Best in the state."

It wasn't. Jeff knew that much. Based on hearsay and water cooler gossip, it wasn't even the best in the city. But it was, he surmised, the closest.

His eyes felt heavy. The world joined the sound of the coin reverberating through his head.

Spinning. Spinning. Everything was spinning.

The face of the younger paramedic appeared, smiling. "That should help with the pain. We're almost there."

The world swam before his heavy-lidded eyes, shifting and blurring together like a kaleidoscope.

"God in heaven," he heard one of the paramedics say, "what did this guy eat? Is that... bacon wrapped shrimp?"

"Could be. Happened at a party."

The older man laughed. "He must have eaten the whole buffet! I mean, geez, Jerry, some of these are still WHOLE."

...still WHOLE...

...still WHOLE...

The world spun, but the steady drone of the coin stopped.

Sleep took Jeff Thompson.

###

He awoke in the Trauma Unit, head in a fog, dressed in a pale paisley hospital gown with his hand wrapped in fresh bandages. His personal affects were laid out on a small bedside tray: wallet, a yellowed handkerchief, a single cellophane-wrapped peppermint candy, and a white-faced business card advertising the Grey Family Brewery. The room smelled of rubbing alcohol and latex. The only sound apart from his own breathing was the steady hum and beep of electronic monitoring equipment. The taste in his mouth was stale and acrid. He remembered vomiting in the ambulance.

And, remembering that, he remembered everything.

Last edited by moozuba; 05-06-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5809
Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n
Muffled sounds gave way to full audio clarity. Mel was shouting at Nik and Dmitri to get to the van, Alan was voicing concern over Mr. Thompson and then herself. She could hear the beating of Liam’s heart loud in her ear… or was that her own blood rushing through her? She could definitely feel the warmth and strength of her friend’s arms and chest.

She sat up, and the world tilted. Everything seemed intensified: The padding on the floor of the van – meant to be soft to protect the band’s gear – felt like sandpaper under her delicate fingers. The metal walls shone brightly, almost blinding her still readjusting eyes. Her friends’ voices came and went in waves.

She heard Liam ask if she was alright.
Why is he shouting?
She should answer him. She tried, but the words did not come.
Liam, can you hear me? Am I talking?
She could see the concern in Liam’s face and tried again, but once more, it was almost as if her mind had forgotten how to tell her mouth to work.
Brother! Oh Gods, I do not know what is happening!
Her voice echoed in her mind, a sound never escaping her lips.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to ground. Tried to find calm. When she closed her eyes and tried to steady herself, she couldn’t seem to connect. She was beginning to panic. She had never not been able to feel the energy of the Earth. Any time she called upon the Great Mother for assistance, it was there without effort. What is happening she thought to herself. Her head pounded.

Skin…
…crawling
What was that?
panic… terror…
Is someone here? Some…thing?

The feeling of panic increased, and along with it was terror. Her breathing increased as she recalled the moments before. She began rocking in place, wringing her hands together, not sure of what to do or what was happening and did not know how to recon –

Suddenly, tendrils of calm began to make their way into her mind. She stopped wringing and rocking and looked up. Liam was still staring at her, worried, waiting for her to tell him how she was. Annalina wasn’t sure if Nik or Dmitri had made their way out yet, but she saw Mel coming back with something in her hand – presumably the keys to the van?

She closed her eyes and took a breath. Finally, she could feel the mother energy of the Earth encircling her as if she were a child after a nightmare, being cradled and crooned to. Annalina opened her eyes, and attempted to speak once more.

”I am not alright, Brother, but I am… better. Thank you for getting me out of there." Annalina looked around, hoping Nik and Dmitri would arrive soon. They had to get to Mr. Thompson.

Last edited by Talula3ll3n; 05-06-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:06 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
S***t! Ce rahat. A part of Nik's mind registered the destruction of the mic stand as important information, but the rest of it was busy plotting the fastest course out. He slowed down just enough to aim his arm at the door while holding the equipment out of harms way, then bolted around to where Mel and the band are waiting. He jumped in without stopping, wobbling a bit when his feet landed on the van's floor but keeping balance.

"It's still coming!" He warned Mel and the others. "Don't let it touch the van! It does as bad to metal as it does to flesh." Vaguely remembering the instruments in his hands, he passed the keyboard over to the newly-met young man who was probably regretting joining the gig about now. "We have to... we have to lead it away from people while we figure out what to do!"

Are you listening to me, boy? the familiar voice chided. You come up against something too strong for you to fight, you get yourself on the far side of.. "Running water!"" Nik shouts, bouncing up. "I mean, like a river or something? Dad used to say that running water was pure; that it kept 'unclean' things away."

Does this mean you're giving up on logic and scientific explanations? This time the chiding voice was his own, but he shook it away. There would be time enough to drink himself sane again once they were no longer being chased by the whatever-it-was.

OOCClarification: I'm not presuming that running water will work. But I figure a 10 on the die justifies a few of Nik's memories jostling free. Maybe just not the right ones.

Last edited by Humble Athena; 05-06-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
With van keys in hand, Mel turned and fled over to the beater which transported them all. She'd driven it once before, but only to move it out of a fire zone once it had been unloaded. There's a first time for everything. Even her thoughts seemed meek and tiny compared to usual, but concern for Jeff heading away in an ambulance and Annalina being carried to the van was enough to get her from point A to point B. Point A being the point at which a set of keys were dropped into her hand; point B being the driver's seat.

The keys were in the ignition, seat belt on, and van started before she turned to look over her shoulder and realized not everyone had followed so quickly. Rational thought clashed with her gut instinct to run as fast and as far from here as she could, but she could also see the concerned expression on Liam's face in the rearview, so she turned about awkwardly to where she could lean over and see Annalina's face. 'Are you okay' was dumb at this point, but she did reach back a hand to touch her friend's shoulder, offering a calmer (if not truly calm) facade to try and boost Annalina's shaky-seeming confidence. She smiled crookedly, about all the smile she could manage at that moment, but her friend was the only calming thing about this whole exciting evening. She deserved what smile Mel could muster.

...while we figure out what to do!" her brother was saying. What is there to figure out? Get the f*ck out of here! Mel gritted her teeth rather than reply with this, and turned back to the proper driving orientation with her eyes fixed on the rearview and side mirrors. Mitya, c'mon... And then Nik had to go and say something about dad.

Mel's eyes bugged out a little as she sought her brother's eyes in the rearview mirror. Did he really just say that? But this time her gut won. Screw it, if Romanian folklore is all we've got to go on, it's more than we had a minute ago! "Everybody in! We're following Jeff to the hospital! Connecticut River is the closest freshwater to campus, I just hope that thing doesn't run faster than we can drive!"

Last edited by Aethera; 05-06-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33344
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
'"No! Don't!"' Alan heard the woman exclaim next to him as he picked up the coin from the pavement and he shot a confused look at her as he put it in his pocket and got into the van. However, she did not elaborate. Was I not supposed to? It fell out of Jeff's pocket. Maybe there was a 'no touching my stuff' rule in place for the band manager that he broke unwittingly. Well, he'll still be happy to get it back. An odd chill radiated against his leg from the pocket and he glanced down. Does he refrigerate his money? Maybe the coin had fallen into a cold spot on the pavement. It was fall, and the nights were typically chilly. Yeah, that must have been it. Alan thought, dismissing the coin for the moment.

Now, huddled into the van's middle seat, Alan felt his hands clench into fists as he leaned forward to wrap his arms around his stomach. He was glad that Mel was too busy with the ignition and Bouncer Man was too busy with Anna to notice his anxiety, or at least willing to chalk it up to worry over Jeff. He was worried over Jeff, especially after the ambulance tore out of the parking lot, but he was more worried over his keyboard now. Mel had seemed determined to make the ten minutes she had promised last for ten whole freaking minutes despite the danger that they were supposedly in, but the two forms he could see exiting the gym had made her wait profitable as Nick pelted for the van with heavy objects under his arms. The two remaining band members, it seemed. The forms under the man's arms made Alan's gut and heart ache as he kept himself from leaping out of the van to run back in for his keyboard.

Why, oh why, didn't I run back in for her after Jeff got out? He wondered, feeling sick to his stomach. If she was damaged or lost tonight, Alan was in deep trouble. The band members were already together and signed on with Jeff for paychecks, but he didn't have that fallback at the moment. If his keyboard was gone, so was his apartment rent, food, and livelihood. He couldn't audition well without her. Resting his forehead on his knees, he found himself praying. Praying to whatever God or gods were listening that he could get back and find his keyboard in one piece in the morning.

A moment later, the door to the van rattled again with Nick's arrival and Alan found himself on the receiving end of an ebony and mahogany Yamaha keyboard. His ebony and mahogany keyboard. The vehicle of his soul, the one thing that still listened to his heart and didn't judge him for it. The one that had a scratch on the back from where she saved his life during an attempted mugging. That scratch had caused him to lose his fear of the mugger's knife and try to murder him for scratching his precious. The muse that kept him sane when his world had been ripped apart. Yet, the moment a person of flesh and blood had needed him, he had left his baby behind to suffer under the psychotic LARPer's attack.

Running gentle fingers over the keyboard to check for damage, Alan blinked back tears of relief and joy as his brain took in Nick's words but was unable to process them in that moment. Thank you, God. He thought feverently, marveling at how fast that particular prayer had been answered when it had taken months for the last thing he asked for to happen. I guess I did something right.

Raising his head, Alan gathered his legs underneath him to keep his balance and lunged forward to wrap one arm around Nick's side and back as he leaned in to give the man as fierce and strong a hug as he could manage with one arm, heedless of whatever personal space boundaries the man had. The other hand didn't leave his baby and Alan wasn't sure it would ever again. "Thank you." His voice came out in a cracked whisper. A moment later, Alan realized he overextended his balance. Unwrapping his arm, he placed his palm against Nick's shoulder and pushed lightly to gain enough leverage to shove himself back enough to fall back into his seat where he wrapped both arms around his keyboard protectively.

Only then, did Nick's words process in his brain. "Wait. Did you just say that whatever attacked Jeff is still after us?"
Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29185
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
Jeff’s mind was blanketed in a morphine-induced haze, but that wasn’t enough to block out the memory of what happened. In fact, the images were getting more crisp each time the scene replayed itself on the screen in the back of his head.

"Jesus Christ..." he muttered under his breath, looking at the sickening hospital gown he was wearing.

The flashing indicator on his cell phone atop the wheeled bed table caught his eye and he picked it up. Text message received. He operated the device with his right hand, realizing his decision to pick up the flashlight as a makeshift weapon was the reason it was his left hand that was destroyed, and not his primary.

He mistyped the passcode on the first two attempts. He could remember it, but aiming at those little soft buttons was a challenge in his heavily-doped state. On the third try he got it, and opened the text message. It was a reply from Pam Donovan to his message earlier in the evening. It said “Sounds Great! CU 2morrow!”

Not likely.

He’d heard the attending physician talking about a surgery. No telling how long he was going to be locked up in that hospital in wherever-he-was, but he presumed it would be at least a matter of days.

Jeff thought about the band. What had happened to them? Everything after the incident was a blur. He couldn’t remember anything between the moment on the floor when he encountered the thing and waking up in the ambulance.

His left hand hurt. So bad. Even with the medication, it was the most intense pain he’d ever felt, and thinking about things distracted his attention from that, if only a tiny bit.

His thumb found the address book and tapped Nik’s number.

An alarm sounded and a voice came over the public address speakers in the ICU, some doctor being summoned. It made it hard to concentrate on the phone. He heard Nik’s voice, but wasn’t sure if it was Nik answering or just a voicemail announcement. It didn’t really matter, he started talking anyway.

"Nik, it’s Jeff. I’m at… um. I’m in a hospital. Coolidge? Look. Uh--is everyone okay? I…" the card on the tabletop grabbed his attention. He remembered what happened moments before the incident, the strange couple. The man introduced them as a brother and sister. His name was Lionel. Lionel? Jeff remembered noting at the time it was the name of a model train.

"Just a second…"

Jeff sat the phone down, leaned over, and managed to grip the card and place it on his knee, then picking up the phone again. "Nik. Take this number, and call it. I met this guy at the gig… I… he said he wanted to hire the band.

Nik. Listen. They were weird. I mean really f*cking strange. I think they knew what was happening… the thing--that thing I think… I think they were involved, maybe. You should call the number…"

Jeff carefully read the name and number on the card out loud. A click and a buzz on the machine next to him punched more morphine into the IV line. Time release. It washed over the wounded road warrior immediately. His eyelids felt heavy and his vision got even fuzzier.

"Or call the police… Nik? Did you hear a coi--" Jeff drifted off momentarily and dropped the phone. He didn’t realize it at the time. He would notice it in a minute when he would wake up again in a panic--a cycle of odd comfort followed by intense angst that would repeat itself in the upcoming hours.

Where’s my… f*ck.

Jeff let his head fall into that thick soft pillow. It felt like it kept falling, like the cushion was infinitely deep. He remembered the comments of the EMT’s in the ambulance after his epic chunk-blowing episode.

still WHOLE…

Shrimp?

Did he dream that part? It didn’t make sense. First of all, Jeff suffered a minor phobia of choking he hadn’t been able to shake since childhood, and over-chewed his food compulsively.

Not only that--he hadn’t eaten any shrimp.

Last edited by ItsaVerb; 05-07-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven Greaven
Dmitri growls loudly at being ignored by the ugly little bastard, not so much that it was ignoring him, but, more over by the fact that nothing seemed to be hindering it. The creature was going, without pause nor care toward one of his friends. "Suka! You tink dis some joke. Hurt friend of Dmitri and valk vay like it is fine?" The Russian snarls as he licks his palm and snuffs the whick. It wasn't an action he did lightly, without thought or advisement. Nik was right about the risks to their gear, the molatov would not likely burn hot enough to set ablaze a large area, and plain alcohol would easily be snuffed out by the sprinkler system, but that was the biggest problem. The water would ruin all of their gear.

With all haste he runs around to another exit, finding his way out toward the others. He was hoping they were gone already. If the creature wanted just her, then the safest thing for all would be for them to get out and now. Dmitri just had to get to his bike and he could always meet up with them.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33344
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Leaning forward a little to see out the front windshield, Alan craned his neck to see the figure that had come pelting out of the gymnasium. The guy was using a different door from the rest of them, so it was a little harder to see the man before he came towards the parking lot. "Hey, looks like...um...whathisface..." He was forgetting the guy's name yet again. "Tall, dark, and sc--er, looks like he's out. Nick, you might want to squish over." Alan said, feeling the back of his neck and the tips of his ears flush a little. Bad enough he had invaded Nick's personal space unexpectedly, now he was practically inviting the guy into his. Granted, the guy was not bad looking, but Alan had learned his lesson in being cautious. "Oh, never mind." He said, looking out the side of the van to see Dmitri heading towards a bike.

Hearing the sirens coming closer, Alan looked a little worried. "Cops are nearly here, everyone's out. If we want to get stuck here for hours, let's stay, otherwise, we'd better head out!"
Old 05-14-2015, 10:12 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
It didn't surprise Nik that Alan would be happy to see his keyboard; he knew the bond a musician could develop with his or her favorite, or in some cases only, instrument. What he wasn't prepared for was how demonstrative the guy was going to be. Hell, he and Mel didn't even hug that often. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had more than trace physical contact with someone else- probably when Jakes had left to go back to England. And this kid? He couldn't even remember if he'd been told the guy's last name.All in all, it made for an awkward couple of seconds.

"Yeah, sure, anytime." Nik mumbled, doing a pretty good impression of a statue, the safest response being none at all. Then Alan sits back, and Nik is free to sit as well.

Oh, right. That thing was still coming. "I don't think it's after us; it's after Anna. It changed course when Liam got her out of there. But we don't stand a chance if we're between it and her. We can't get stuck here!" Heaven help anyone who got in that thing's way- but they needed to keep Anna safe first and foremost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While he was contemplating that, his pocket started to buzz. He shifted the guitar around so that he could get the phone out. "Hello?" He was a little surprised to hear j eff on the other end, but the guy must be doing okay if they were letting him use the phone. "Yeah, everyone's fine." He glanced at Anna, but doesn't amend his statement. She'd be okay; the thing hadn't gotten her and wouldn't get her if they had any choice in the matter.

As Jeff rambles on, it occurred to Nik that the guy must be on some pretty strong stuff. Still, somebody else wanted to hire them? That was.. good. Assuming they were still alive tomorrow. Without paper or writing implement in hand, he started tracing numbers on his knee. He almost doesn't bother asking the manager what he's talking about; he's heard plenty of weird **** from people high off their asses. But what Jeff was saying was less strange than what they'd just been through- maybe there was something to it. Maybe not. "We're on our way." When there wasn't a response for several seconds, Nik closed up the phone. "Jeff's okay. As okay as we can expect him to be anyway." He informs the others. "Said he talked to some weird guy who wanted to hire us. Thought the guy might know something about... that thing." Secure in the van, there wasn't much he could do, and it was a strange feeling. He didn't like it, so his mind latched onto the problem of figuring out what he could accomplish, other than just run away.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Dmitri looks on in exasperation when he kicks the door open, what the hell were they still doing here? Growling he bolts for his motorcycle and kicks it over, revving it up, he pulls right alongside the van, "Vhat are you doing? Get her out of here. Dat ting vill be on vay shortly!" Stopping at the sound of police sirens, he groans anew. "Get a move on, ve get gear later."

The Russian takes a moment to tuck the makeshift incendiary into his vest and buttons it up. Lord knows it wouldn't work, but, they hadn't tried it yet. What the hell is this, did they need an exorcist? This was absurd, what nonsense would he live through. His mind wanted to run screaming down the halls of madness, but, gritting his teeth, he soldiers on. This was not a time to panic, it was a time to keep cool and strategically retreat.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
Mel had been waiting impatiently for Dmitri to make his exit and reach the van, but she didn't actually see him until he pulled up alongside. She rolled her eyes at him, but didn't waste the time snapping the retort that came to mind, she just hit the gas pedal to pull out of the parking lot and head after the ambulance.

It was after Annalina? Why? Her eyes darted to the rearview, but she couldn't easily see her friend. Without the bonus of siren and flashing lights, Mel had to drive at the speed limit, and just hoped that whatever that thing was, back there, it wouldn't catch up.
Closed Thread