RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Vault of the Dracolich > Archive
twitter google facebook
1 9 1 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 AM
Anouris's Avatar
Anouris Anouris is offline
Caution
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2019
RPXP: 2748
Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris
Posts: 4,254
Prongs opened his eyes. His body was racked with pain but he was able to move. Slowly he stood and looked around. There were many around him who seem to be waking up. Looking over to Hogart he give the dwarf a nod of thanks and a brief smile as he saw what could of been smeared berries on his face.

He then focused on his anger. There was some one who he was mad at. Looking across the chasm there was the dark priest. Was he the one that deserved his vengeance. Didn't matter he was going to get it. Prongs pulled out a small stick and began to hobble over to the edge of the pit. He stopped at the very edge, almost getting dizzy from looking down. Or was it the blood loss? He began waving his stick over his head, or was it a branch now. It grew longer and longer as he finally whipped it across at the priest. Thorns dug into his flesh as the vine wrapped around the priest. Then prongs pulled on his end driving the dark priest in his direction.

Letting out a small laugh as he watches the priest meet his fate, his body is wracked with pain once again. He quickly slipped into one of his beast forms. The last one before he could rest again. He picked the tiger. Its powerful jaws and sharp claws should be a good vessel for his anger.


 
  #122  
Old 05-22-2015, 01:22 AM
Still_Pond's Avatar
Still_Pond Still_Pond is offline
Insert User Title Here.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-11-2019
RPXP: 20035
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Posts: 13,313
It's all Flint can do to stand and hold his shield. He takes deep breaths and steadies himself. If he can just keep from falling over, he's sure the effects of the magic spell ending will fade. Inhale...exhale.....keep standing....keep the shield up...
__________________
((()))


Last edited by Still_Pond; 05-22-2015 at 01:43 AM.
  #123  
Old 05-22-2015, 02:12 PM
EngrInAZ's Avatar
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ is offline
The Sword of the Spirit
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-07-2019
RPXP: 20032
EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ EngrInAZ
Posts: 11,143
Winsol wasn’t sure if his eyes were open or not, all he could see was darkness. He tried to move but his body would not respond, it was like he was paralyzed. He thought he was lying down, but he couldn’t feel anything along his back, it was as if he was floating on air.

Suddenly, something grabbed hold of Winsol and began pulling him upwards. A small dot of light formed in front of his face and grew as he was pulled through the empty space. Within a matter of seconds, Winsol was pulled into the light and then he felt his body land lightly on stone.

Winsol opened his eyes as he felt a warm sensation rush over his body. He could now feel the pain from his wounds, but it was lessened slightly. He could hear the commotion from the combat and could see that he was surrounded by the group of adventures that had fallen a few seconds ago, all now stirring. He shook his head, trying to clear the cobwebs and then knew he had another chance at life.

Winsol climbed to his knees, keeping low to screen himself from the enemies. They hadn’t had much success with the dracolich while those sigils were active but hopefully Varleigh could disable the poison one, which left one more. There were several skeletons and a couple of mercenaries on that side of the room and Winsol knew he needed to help clear a path so the other group could get that sigil disabled. He lined up his bow and fired an arrow at one of the mercenaries. The arrow flew true, striking the mercenary in the shoulder.

 
__________________
Busy with work and stuff at home. Posting will be slow for a little while.

<DM>Temple of Elemental Evil - 5e, Temple of Elemental Evil - Pathfinder, The Edderan Chronicles
  #124  
Old 05-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Graknar's Avatar
Graknar Graknar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2017
RPXP: 1268
Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar Graknar
Posts: 2,587
NPC RhogarBattered and bruised, the dragonborn opens his eyes and utters a quick prayer to Bahamut for his potion heals 7 hpsalvation. Staggering to his feet, he surveys the field - one of the foul death priests remains standing near the far sigil. It would be a disadvantagelong shot, but Rhogar was far too weak to charge forward as he might wish. "Bahamut rewards bravery, not foolhardiness."

Hefting a javelin, he heaves it towards the #2 in square H12. If he's dead please apply to Skeleton 3priest, hoping for divine guidance in his hour of need. The 15 to hit, 5 damagemissile struck home, but in Rhogar's weakened state he failed to deliver more than a modest blow.


Last edited by Graknar; 05-22-2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added HP roll
  #125  
Old 05-24-2015, 12:00 AM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
Isaiah 7:14
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 32286
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 55,158
The dracolich's wings knocked Varliegh down once more, his hungry eyes looking around for another victim. With Varliegh inactive once more, Dretchroyaster had one idol defended, but there was still another idol out there...

Prongs moved quickly, leaping forward and pulling the cultist into the pit, even as he took on the form of the tiger once more. The mercenaries, now the sole surviving sample of 'living' enemies, grew concerned - not only of the foe they thought beaten, but of the depths they stood before.

Somehow, Winsol managed to hide beside his prone allies, proving again just how slight a fellow he was. His arrow took one of the mercenaries in the shoulder, dropping him to the ground before he could properly retreat. And then, there was one.

Rhogar's attack was less noticed; his skeletal target barely reacted to the attack, instead turning to fire on the large tiger that had appeared across the room.




It took a few moments after the priest fell into the crevice for his dagger to wink out, and a few more for the echo of his landing to make its way back up to the room. With a loud roar, Dretchroyaster cursed the death of his final cultist, but the anger was not at a plan foiled, but at time wasted. "I will find more!" he sneered, still confident that things would somehow turn his way.

The large target clearly aided the skeletons, as each managed to sink an arrow into 5+3+4 damageProngs-as-Tiger. The mercenary, instead of adding his own attack, stepped back and backhanded the mummy; abruptly, it snapped out of its turned state, and started wandering across towards the tiger.

And then, the dracolich breathed.

The glow within him slowly built up, but even then, there was little chance to dodge the 54 poison damage. Con DC18 for halfnoxious cloud that rolled forth, covering so many individuals. Those trapped within could try to stand against the fumes, but the poison was strong, even if the dragon was dead.

OOCRound 6: Update 1

Everyone can act!

Not sure if anyone has other ways of getting out of the breath, so if you do have something fancy, let me know! I've applied the half-damage, and if that's enough to take you down, haven't worried about the rest. If you are still up (Boddynock, Daimi, Siegfried, Nath'klir) then you'll need to make the save (Con DC18), or take the other half of the damage.

Idols:
Foe Rendered Helpless activated and carried by Sevi.
Murder Through Another's Hands activated by Lusaruil, carried by Feanor.
Poison Most Foul activated by Winsol, carried by Varliegh.
Unseen Murderer activated and carried by Allyx.

See the first post for a key to the map.


 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Final Fight 06-1.png
Views:	64
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	64583  
__________________
Hugga says: back healing, new modem installed, hugga rebooting...
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E
  #126  
Old 05-24-2015, 02:38 AM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-16-2019
RPXP: 3242
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 4,869
As a plume of of poisonous gas spews out of the dragon's mouth, Badger is really, really glad that it doesn't hit him. There goes our northern front... all of my team mates, killed in a single breath... It wasn't strictly true, the drow hadn't gotten hit, but the drow was crazy, and badger wasn't sure where his loyalties lie. Where was the drow anyway?

Standing right behind badger. Perfect backstabbing position. Great.

It was time to get the dragon to refocus it's anger on badger. A little deception was in order. Badger moves to the south a little bit, as if making for the idol that the little halfling had. Then, just when it seems he's about to do something with the idol and wearing down the dragon's defenses, he suddenly LEAPS at the dragon, letting the full force of his momentum knock the dragon back, hoping that it will fall down the chasm, It can fly but can it fly in tight spaces? or at the very least get pushed back further from the idol activation spot so someone else can activate the idol safely.

 
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 05-24-2015 at 02:43 AM.
  #127  
Old 05-24-2015, 03:52 AM
jrice408's Avatar
jrice408 jrice408 is offline
Ricey spice!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-16-2018
RPXP: 13296
jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408
Posts: 5,374
There--all those wrteched cultists are dead! This had been Daimi's goal all along--revenge on those who had taken her prisoner, and she intended to savor the moment. She should have been happy. She tried to be happy, but the sweet taste of vengeance quickly fell to ash as she heard the undead dragon's pronouncement. They must have been duped into raising this...thing. Nobody in their right mind would work with someone who would treat his allies this way! I think I may have been mad at the wrong people this whole time.

No matter. I've got plenty of 'mad' to go around.


Her purpose reaffirmed, the tiefling adjusted the way her dress lay with a sharp jerk and prepared to confront her real foe. Before she was able to take even a step, Dretchroyaster began to glow ominously, then filled her section of the cavern with a great exhalation. The roiling cloud of his breath coming closer, it was obvious that there was no time to escape. I've got a bad feeling about this. So far I haven't had a lot of luck with poisoned gasses--

When the fumes hit, Daimi's lungs siezed, her throat constricting as her body fought to keep from inhaling more. Unfortunately, what she had taken in was already going to work; it worked like a corrosive solvent dissolving her consciousness. Realizing that this wasn't something she was going to be able to shake off, the woman tried for as much dignity was possible in the situation. Wobbly legs managed a somewhat controlled descent, and with her last strength, Daimi's shaking hands made sure she was at least decently covered while she laid on the floor.

A last, fading thought: This was one day that I definitely should have stayed in bed.

 

Last edited by jrice408; 05-24-2015 at 08:18 PM.
  #128  
Old 05-24-2015, 04:35 AM
Anouris's Avatar
Anouris Anouris is offline
Caution
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2019
RPXP: 2748
Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris Anouris
Posts: 4,254
Prongs wants to give the mercenary chase. But the mummy presented itself as a threat to the greatly injured group. Not looking forward to sinking his teeth into what ever flesh lay beneath its wrapping he began circling his foe. Taking the chance to use the last bit of potent magic he had left to slightly heal his tiger body. As well as taking the opportunity to separate himself from the cluster of allies. He shuddered thinking of what would of happened if the poison was dropped on the other group. He moved all the way around the mummy before lunging in and biting down. He left large puncher wounds which hopefully weakened it enough.

 
  #129  
Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is online now
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2019
RPXP: 33934
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 13,945
Jormundr was growing irritated with the general lack of success they were having. At least the dracolich had moved away to attack the other group of adventurers, but the dwarf was not blind to the Varleigh (Y16)small halfling body lying limp and prone on the floor in the still-active circle next to the dracolich. But the dwarf was a fighter, not an arcanist, which left him more effective targets for his rage closer to home. The tiger bit at the mummy (which in the back of his mind made him wonder if the druid was gagging at the taste right now), but didn't take it down, so the fighter quickly chose his first target. The magic trident flew from his hand to strike the mummy squarely before it returned to him.

But the trident was not as familiar to the dwarven adventurer as the silvered warhammer at his belt, and Jor knew from experience and common sense that the skeleton in the corner was far more likely to be injured when he bashed it to pieces than trying to pierce bone with the trident would ever do. So he dropped the trident at his feet (it would still be there when he got back, unless someone else needed it more than he) and strode straight at the skeleton, pulling his precious silver warhammer from his belt as he went. "Someun help the halfling!" he shouted at his companions. "She'd a potion in her pouch last I knew! The rest of you, clear the far corner!" While the dracolich was distracted, they could at least try to empty the other rune circle of combatants for whomever carried the final idol. With a growl, he swung his warhammer with all his irritation behind it, smashing the skeleton's skull clean off, and scattering the remaining bones with the backstroke. "Ha!" he cried, elated at having accomplished some small noticeable part now.

 
__________________
Status: Trying to return, but flu. And bed bugs. Life, QED.
My Site Shtuffs Ever played 13th Age?
Nom Great Posts!Short Story Competition!Chat Craziness!
  #130  
Old 05-24-2015, 05:28 PM
jbear's Avatar
jbear jbear is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-13-2019
RPXP: 12806
jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear jbear
Posts: 8,614
Hogart watched Jormundr drop the magical trident right next to him and head to the corner to smash the skeleton to bits. He shrugged. A magical trident was much better than his javelins. He dropped his hammer and picked up the trident. He looked towards the dracolich and saw the tiny frame of Varleigh collapsed and vulnerable within the magical circle. Varleigh had taken the idol from WInsol, but the ward was still ative. He was no wizard but that detail had not escaped him. He moved towards the dracolich and called out to Varleigh. "Halfling! Be healed! Up you get now and take that ward down once and for all!" He prayed the halfling would have enough time to take out the ward before the dracolich could ... He pushed the dark thought away and funnelled his fury into his arm, hurling the magical trident at the dracolich as hard as he could and catching it with a grin when it returned covered in bone chips.

 
__________________
"Kill them all!"
  #131  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 PM
hvg3akaek's Avatar
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek is offline
Isaiah 7:14
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 32286
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Posts: 55,158
Some who watched the wolf leap at the dracolich may have pondered on badger's sanity. However, he seemed to have both the element of surprise, and the advantage of height. The struggle was brief, and ended with Dretchroyaster conceding ground. He wasn't falling in the pit just yet, but there was little wiggle room left, now.

Badger didn't get out of it without injury - as he stumbled back, the dracolich slapped the wolf with his 15 damagetail, causing another nasty gash over the creature's shoulder and flank.

Jormundr and Prongs fought back against the undead, scattering the skeleton whilst causing the mummy pause. Taking the offered trident, Hogart ran and launched it at the dracolich, pleased as it cut through his defences. With a word, Varliegh moved on the platform, twisting under Badger's feet.

OOCRound 6: Update 2

Everyone who hasn't acted in round 6 can act!

Waiting on saves from Boddynock, Siegfried, and Nath'klir (and Daimi needs to make a death save, too).

Idols:
Foe Rendered Helpless activated and carried by Sevi.
Murder Through Another's Hands activated by Lusaruil, carried by Feanor.
Poison Most Foul activated by Winsol, carried by Varliegh.
Unseen Murderer activated and carried by Allyx.

See the first post for a key to the map.


 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Final Fight 06-2.png
Views:	75
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	64587  
__________________
Hugga says: back healing, new modem installed, hugga rebooting...
Games: HOF, VotV, T3E

Last edited by hvg3akaek; 05-25-2015 at 01:38 AM.
  #132  
Old 05-24-2015, 08:52 PM
WildJessi's Avatar
WildJessi WildJessi is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-04-2017
RPXP: 830
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Posts: 1,677
Liriel sits up, weak, she looks around to see what is going on. Not feeling health enough to help just yet, she takes a potion to increase her health.
  #133  
Old 05-24-2015, 09:13 PM
Neqq's Avatar
Neqq Neqq is offline
Baker of Puns
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-23-2017
RPXP: 23384
Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq Neqq
Posts: 4,901
The way was almost clear, Sevi could see a path to the blue platform. The ranger was just about to burst in to a sprint when from her left she heard Dretchroyaster roar and then she saw an ominous glowing build in the mighty skeleton's chest. In horror Sevi watched the noxious cloud of gas spew from the mighty jaws and roll towards her.

There was nowhere to run to, there was nothing she could but hold her breath and pray. The gas permeated her skin releasing its toxins into her system. Then and there the tribe of one collapsed on the floor and waited for death.

 


 

Last edited by Neqq; 05-31-2015 at 08:13 AM.
  #134  
Old 05-24-2015, 11:15 PM
RadarD's Avatar
RadarD RadarD is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-15-2019
RPXP: 1391
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
Posts: 3,057
Feanor smiled as the magic circle dissipated around him. Then he heard the roar of the dracolich and even as he turned his head towards the sound the noxious green gas engulfed him. In his weakened state he didn't stand a chance against the poison and immediately passed out. As the darkness engulfs Feanor he fights it. "There are still circles to dispel, my work is not done" he thinks
By sheer force of will he pushes back the darkness and he breathes again.

 
  #135  
Old 05-25-2015, 01:04 AM
bigAl's Avatar
bigAl bigAl is offline
The Seventh Samurai
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-02-2018
RPXP: 1441
bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl bigAl
Posts: 1,845
What was once a pile of bodies on the floor was now a handful of bruised and battered warriors ready to do what was necessary to end this battle. Allyx, still invisible, shouts, "We need to clear out the rest of the minions so the others can get to the sigil!" He looks at the group opposite their own, across the chasm just as Dretchroyaster unleashes his poisonous cloud. "Baravar's balls!" He turns back to the group, although they can't see him, he says again, "Cut them down, I'll aid the idol bearer."

He sprints to the platform closest to him just as the enormous wolf pounces on the dragon. "May Garl Glittergold guide you." he prays silently on behalf of Badger. Then up onto the platform as Varliegh begins to stir. He whispers, "Let me help you. You must trace the rune on the idol, then repeat the movement on the sigil." Helping Varleigh to a kneeling position they perform the action together and before another word can be said Allyx is off the platform and racing to aid those who had just been decimated by the dragon's breath.

 
__________________
Funes Borghieri | Goya Yarrow
"The history of all hitherto existing societies is the history of class struggles." Bards are best.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB