Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
telth
Character Name: Edguardo
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment:CG

Character Concept: Edguardo is a boisterous, hot headed, and arrogant young man. He is hungry for recognition and greatness. An undetterable idealist often to the point of ignorance. He is also a extremly determined never letting anything keep him down for long. He is also determined to defend and support his friends and loved ones, fighting with all his strength to protect them.
Character motivations/goals: A man determined to prove he is the mightiest in all the world.
Character Picture: Edguardo is 6'4" and well built at around 180 lbs. He has long black pulled back into a knot and brown eyes.
Background: As a child, Edguardo's father was an adventurerer of small renown and although he wanted Edguardo to come with him Edguardo was too scared of the unknown world so his father allowed him to stay behind, promising to one day meet again.

Why did you apply to this game? Because a sandbox adventure is something that I think would be good for my first time.
Why do you want to play this particular character? Because I believe that this is the type of character that could create a great story.
Anything else you want to tell me? (spoken like a suspicious mother) It's my first time.
Old Oct 20th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30164
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
I'm going to extend the deadline just a little bit more, so maybe another 12-24 hours? Sure. Something like that.

Old Oct 21st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
The choices have been made. Thank you all who applied. The accepted players are as follows:

Accepted playersScimmy in the role of Kryztoff Izzak Aristov, the LN Human Alchemist.

pbbm in the role of Devon, the human bard.

and last but not least, RainbowMagicPen playing Anneke Nesset, the female changeling shaman.

The game thread is here. Character creation guidelines are here. General game information is here. When your sheet is done, post a link to it as well as your character's background and picture and such in the character's thread, here.

You are welcome to read as much or as little of the game as you like. It isn't too important that you know what has happened up until this point, as your adventure is just beginning. You should probably read the notes on the setting and map and things, so you know a little about the world. As this is attempting to be a sandbox game, if something hasn't been invented yet, you can invent it. If I need to nerf it, I'll work with you to do so but most of the time I try to say yes.

pbbm, for Devon, I think you should copy over the sheet onto your own and then level him up to 3rd. This will make you more familiar with what he can do and give you a little introduction to the rules. I'll help you if you need it. Also, I forgot to mention that Devon and Ironlung were best buddies.

Old Oct 21st, 2014, 03:05 PM
Occasional madman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 529
pbbm pbbm pbbm pbbm pbbm pbbm
Most righteous. Thanks for the opportunity, Pond! I look forward to playing with you guys, and congratulations to Scimmy and RainbowMagicPen!
Old Jun 17th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Recruting Once Again!
Applications are closed.

After a brief pause, I am resuming this game. I am in need of 3-4 players. We will be trying out 5th Edition Rules! . So even though this game was listed as a Pathfinder game in the past, it will not be for now. If we don't like 5e after a bit, we may switch back. Your characters will be starting at 4th level.

The basic quest will be to invistate a werewolf colony and try to find a cure for the lycanthropy that has spread to a local Earl. The setting will be the forested mountains along a northern coastal region in the late fall/early winter. After that, the future is wide open.

My internet connection is limited, as is my time so there may be lags. I will try to keep up with 1-3 DM updates per week post rate. I'm a little unorganized at the moment as well, so quality may vary. You get what you pay for I guess. Currently, we have a dwarven fighter who has been with me from the start....many many years ago. We may also have a half-orc cleric join us at some point.

I will choose applicants based on my whimsy and the deadline for submitions will be when I say it is. I'll try to give a 24 hour notice. I've had SO many players join only to drop out very shortly after. Please only apply if you intend on sticking around for a while. (like a few years, assuming you are having fun).

Completed Applications.

Cardis Hardhill - Haling Ranger who wonders afar.
Stephen, son of Roger - Human Fighter who throws shields for peace, justice, and the Fabronian way.
Vulen - High Elf Rogue (arcane trickster) who seeks action, thrills and adventure!
Dante - Human Bard Han Solo/Indiana Jones/Captain Kirk love child
Hogart - Dwarven war cleric who was nearly killed by a dracolich. fought a dracolich and lived to tell about it!
Dessalanderra - Lady wood elf monk on a quest for a book.
Dedication - Lady human sorcerer Ghost/Myth-Buster. (Who ya gonna call?)
Dhodrimma - Selfish lady wood elf roguish ranger who hates people. (fun at parties)
Erasme - Human swamp druid tribal leader.
Seren - Strong silent type human paladin who can bring some noble class to this rag-tag band.

Applications are no longer being accepted.

Last edited by Still_Pond; Jun 23rd, 2015 at 04:38 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Poking reinterest. It's you! Hello you.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Jun 18th, 2015 at 01:38 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 02:22 AM
Ricey spice!
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13296
jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408 jrice408
I'm good with having basic races and classes, but is it important that we look like what we are?

Old Jun 18th, 2015, 04:49 AM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
'Sup Fragmaster? So, you ghosted in this game already, and you also dropped a game I was in that you were running, an underwater one if I remember corectly. I liked that other game I was in with you, where I played a fowl mouthed gangbanger. That was a fun game. That one ran for a while, but it tapered off and eventually died. Seems like you just lost interest in it, and went on to start a series of other games. You are a really fun and creative DM and player alike. I just think I'm looking for someone more realiable.

jrice408, that concept would fit right into one of Fragmaster's games, but it is a little out there for mine I think. It is a creative idea. It reminds me of an AD&D game I played once. There was this race, I forget what it was, that communicated only by producing smells. It was challenging to discribe this as well as body language in an effort to role play. That said, concepts like this are probalby beter suited for one-off games rather than a whole campaign.

Last edited by Still_Pond; Jun 18th, 2015 at 04:52 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Webling Webling Webling Webling
Character Name: Cardis Hardhill
Race: Hafling
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Character Concept: As a part of the protection unit for his village Riverbark, Cardis trained with many rangers. After learning much from his teachers and fellow protectors, Cardis must travel the world for the next 10 years, with the promise that should he survive his decade of training, he must bring back those skills and knowledge he has gained to train the next crop of potentials.

The rest seemed to be part of another system, so I'll go over some of this guy's info here:
Background: Outlander
Personality: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is best. (borrowed from soldier background)
Ideal: It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe.
Bond: My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I am too enamored by ale, wine, and other intoxicants.

Why did you apply to this game? It looked to be interesting, and if you have been running the campaign for a long time, it is nice to know that the DM isn't going to bail (I had that happen once IRL).
Why do you want to play this particular character? I get these ideas for a character, and I need to put them down on paper. Once I do, I can't wait to see what they're going to do given the chance to interact with the world.
Anything else you want to tell me? I can post daily, sometimes twice a day, depending on certain real life circumstances. Also, unless you say otherwise, I'm going to assume a 27- point buy, as I don't see any specific desire on your part for stat building.

Last edited by Webling; Jun 18th, 2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9986
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
left-aligned image

Character Name: Stephen, son of Roger
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Battlemaster)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Character Concept: A shield-throwing warrior from an earlier era
Background: Soldier (Specialty: Officer)
Personality: I'm always polite and respectful. I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Brief background: Stephen used to be a small skinny lad. One day a tyrant, with a little funny-looking mustache, rose into power and started a war. Stephen was eager to join in the fight against him, but the army rejected him because of his frail body. On his way home, he managed to push an old man out of the way of a speeding carriage. The old man turned out to be a wizard. As reward for his help, the geezer transformed his body into that of a warrior, strong, fit and tall. He was able to join the war after that. He quickly rose among the ranks and became captain. On his 10th battle, another wizard sent him 70 years into the future, so that he would be out of the way. The war ended while he wasn't around and his side lost. He's currently looking for clues for a way to go back in time and undo the outcome of the war.

Why did you apply to this game? It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
Why do you want to play this particular character? I'm a big fan of comics
Anything else you want to tell me? Hi.

Last edited by Osse; Jun 18th, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Pond View Post
'Sup Fragmaster? So, you ghosted in this game already, and you also dropped a game I was in that you were running, an underwater one if I remember corectly. I liked that other game I was in with you, where I played a fowl mouthed gangbanger. That was a fun game. That one ran for a while, but it tapered off and eventually died. Seems like you just lost interest in it, and went on to start a series of other games. You are a really fun and creative DM and player alike. I just think I'm looking for someone more realiable.
Fair enough. We're still working on getting the health up to a proper normal level. If it makes you feel better, I have a current long-runner that's been going even longer than Keia(which was the bestest game), at 16 months. They're level 6 now, from 1.

In any case, good luck with the game!
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Nice! I have no hard feelings, Frag. Water under the bridge. Cleaned up spilled milk. I've enjoyed your games and humor over the years. I'd reccomend you in a heart-beat for a shorter game, one lasting a few months or so. Thanks for saying hi.

Old Jun 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Insert User Title Here.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webling View Post
The rest seemed to be part of another system, so...
This game started as a Pathfinder game, but we are going to try it as a 5e, and see how it goes. Right now I'm more interested in the concept of your charater, and thier flavor and personality, less about their mechanics.

I think I'll give you the choice for the standard point buy, standard array, or the oppurtunity to roll. (you can re-roll if you roll stats under 20 points).

By the way, this will be the first 5e game I run as a DM. Just throwing that out there.

Old Jun 18th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 330
Webling Webling Webling Webling
Sounds good - I've got the main parts down. I'm trying to decide whether Cardis is a Beast Master or Hunter. I'm trying to picture him riding a wolf into town - lol.
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Hi,

I've been playing 5e with the Playtest Packets and have been playing weekly since it came out for real. I would love to play.

Character Name: Vulen
Race: High Elf
Class: Rogue (arcane trickster)

Character Concept: Wandering thrill seeker. Young, impulsive, youngest child, black sheep of a priestly family, Vulen has decided to see the world.
Character motivations/goals: Adventure! Excitement! Sure, the epics are beautiful, but there's a whole world out there!
Brief background: Entertainer (singer). Growing up in a high born family is tough. So many rules! Arielimnda followed father's footsteps and became a priest. Jassin became a mage. Roshi surprised everyone and became a warrior. Always protective, Roshi, how I miss you. Only mother and I cried when we lost you to the goblin raid. I remember what you told me that fortnight, and you would be proud of me.
Character Picture: Would certainly welcome one.

(optional questions).
Why did you apply to this game? I've been looking for a fun, classic DnD style adventure game. Play semi-weekly with some college friends, and I'm looking for more. I really enjoyed my year long "play by post" game, and I've been looking for a new once since that ended. This game seems to fit the bill.
Why do you want to play this particular character? I've been playing dwarves for a while, and I want to try an elf again. I played a human paladin in the previous PbP game, and I want to play something lighter.
Anything else you want to tell me? Posting delays are fine. I am able to post pretty much every day unless I'm on vacation.

Last edited by fuerdrake; Jun 18th, 2015 at 04:19 PM.