RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 11:48 PM
Ancient Gamer.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43389
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
August Post of the Month

Got a great piece of prose to nominate? Someone write a beautiful paragraph or two in your game?

Nominate them for Post of the Month (POTM).

You can nominate others, or yourself, if you wish... we accept all, without judging.
Until the end of the month. Then, we judge, of course. And pick a winner.

Judges
Nimlos
Aethera
dirkoth
Squeak!
Neqq
Itsaverb

Previous 2017 PotM Winners
January - Morathor
February - Huhart
March -- Eleven sided die
April -- Alcyone
May -- Adorios
June -- Tilal!

Now, show us who did the best work in August!

Last edited by dirkoth; 08-06-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2768
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Player: Wynamoinen
Character: Syarafina
Game: Outplay Finals!
GM: Bhelogan

Reason for Nomination: Outplay has been quite a ride, and I'm glad to have been a part of it. The finals have been littered with good posts, so it's a bit hard to choose, to be honest. For this post, the ex-princess is speaking of her compassion, bravery and such, but it's the way Wynamoinen keeps it all in character that really impresses me. Her thoughts, still clinging to the idea of the hag, the turn of phrase that illustrates her naivety. Plus, the Dubya Dubyatree part gave me a good laugh. It's a interesting and balanced post.

Full Post Here.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:48 AM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20306
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Player/DM: Dressedtojazz
Character: Edelbart Siggeirson
Game: The Korvosa Chronicles: Curse of the Crimson Throne
GM: Thorsten

Reasons for nomination: Edelbart Siggeirson, Ulfen warrior-turned-painter, lost his son to the damnable cockroach of a man that is Gaedren Lamm. After joining up with a group of strangers and invading Lamm's hideout, they have finally succeeded in bringing Lamm low. Justice has been delivered. And in this post by DTJ, Edelbart stands atop the bleeding corpse of the criminal and goes on to hold a small speech for his situational allies - justifying their vigilantism and offering words of hope for their future.

It's poetic and grand. But then the man is a bard and artist, so that is only to be expected. It is also a great read. Hence my nomination.

Full post Here.

Last edited by Thorsten; 08-31-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19223
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Nominee: GallupsMirror
Character: Draddic
Game: Legacy of Fire
GM: PIG

Description: The circumstances for this post are a bit different, so please allow me a few extra words to describe the situation.

Legacy of Fire is an Arabian themed game. Draddic and Dullen are trapped within the Sinister Cleave, a land scarred and warped by the reckless and unchecked use of wishes. To escape and rejoin the rest of the party, PIG has created a novel challenge: a powerful genie can help them escape, but the PCs must tell him a worthy tale for this favor. Moreover, certain elements are known to please the genie, so Draddic must weave as many of these elements as possible within his tale. The ingredients are:
  • based anywhere in Katapesh (a nation in the Arabian Nights style)
  • jewelry/finery
  • a wedding
  • a storm
  • the power of music
  • a lie that reveals the truth
Unfortunately the original post is in a secret thread, so I can only reproduce the tale that Draddic told below. However, for those with RED superpowers, here is his original post.

And for mortals like me, here is his tale:

Old 09-01-2017, 09:34 PM
Alchemical Acquaintance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1685
Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok Seravok
Nominee: Dooliwong
Character: Nowhere
Game: Return to Ravenloft: Curse of Strahd
DM: Seravok

Reason:
Dooliwong has spent some time in this campaign building up his skills with false identity, and spending his feat at level 4 in Actor, and has become a master of disguise. In this post, his character, Nowhere, personifies himself as a Noble who has a servant (or slave, depending on the perspective of the on-lookers) to attempt to make a grand distraction outside of Morgantha's front door at The Old Bonefrinder (the Windmill) in the Land of Barovia. His acting even goes so far that he stabs himself with a dagger to inflict a wound he needs to draw blood and convince the Hag she should read his forged documents for his evil deeds and previous scams. Because Morgantha is a Night Hag specifically, she becomes interested in poisoning this Character for his evil deeds and capture his soul in her Soul Bag upon his timely death. Needless to say, Dooliwong's post brought this encounter to life and deserves a nomination here for the month of August.

Link to the post.
NPSG Grad: #810
DM: Curse of Strahd

Last edited by Seravok; 09-01-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Closed Thread