RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Empire of the Dead: The War At Home
twitter google facebook
4 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Endrak's Avatar
Endrak Endrak is offline
Szechuan Dipping Sauce
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-02-2017
RPXP: 715
Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak
Posts: 551
Chapter 1: Skyship Down

A CITY IN PERILA skyship piloted by Outsiders has crashed in a crowded market, and the witnesses are dying under mysterious circumstances. A quarantine has been placed upon the West Market district, with barricades being thrown up on every street and alleyway. Snipers with heavy arbalests and new model rifles line the rooftops, picking off the mysterious enemy that's flooded the area and continues to multiply.

Rumor has it the skyship was carrying a weapon of unknown power, and speculation abounds as to its power and purpose. Some say it's a living tome of spells run amok. Some say an Outsider mage survived the crash and has enslaved the good people of the Empire to his will.

Whatever's going on, you can feel in your bones that you have a major part to play.


The Hall of JusticeYou’ve been taken under guard and brought before one Adjutant Hersch. His chambers are in the basement of the Tower--in the wing known as the Hall of Justice--a short flight of stairs above the dungeons. If you listen closely, you can hear the echoing screams of heretics and traitors as they suffer beneath the ministrations of the Truthseekers. The room is sparse, with only a desk and a single chair. The only light sources are twin candles slowly melting atop of a pile of old, illegible papers.

Hersch himself is seated behind the desk. He has a short head of black hair and sunken grey eyes. His skin seems tight around his skull-like face. He stands slightly hunched within his voluminous cloak, fingers wriggling as if he’s trying to grip something that isn’t there. The Reliquary around his neck is made of silver with gold filigree, symbolizing that he hails from one of the High Houses.

“Word has spread, obviously, of the crashed skyship and the weapon. No doubt a invention devised by good magic." He speaks the word 'good' as if he swallowed sour milk. "You must be wondering why I've brought you here. The simple answer is that someone above my station told me to. That is why some of you were requisitioned, and some of you were stuffed into black bags. You will not be getting an apology for either."

With a sweep of his cloak, Hersch rises clears his throat.

"I'm sending you to the West Market. The site of the crash has been cordoned off, and our troops have managed to keep the enemy at bay for two days with only a few incidents. Your mission is to investigate the crash and determine the cause if possible. I'm told there are pockets of both guards and civilians both. They are secondary to your main mission, but if you can lead them to safety, please do so. As for the weapon itself, if you can identify or even recover it, consider that a tertiary objective. Otherwise, we have more qualified individuals on standby to perform that task.

"Does anyone have any questions?"
__________________
EXPERIENCE DWARVEN METAL

Doesn't usually post on Tuesday or Wednesday.
We'll break your heart, but not your game. #TeamEvil

Last edited by Endrak; 10-09-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2017, 03:49 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
Hai Bois
right-aligned image
"Uhhh.... Who the **** are you?, first of all, and second, when do I get a moment to visit the lavatory? A girl needs to let down her nickers!" Mystra tries her absolute best to keep a straight face, she holds it, holds it!-- but she can't-- and busts out laughing at her own joke, like a deranged drunkard, wiping the drool running down her lips, keeping her legs closed tight as to not leak anything, and slapping the shoulder of the person sitting next to her with a heavy hand.

This whole planned meeting, the rough Imperial Soldiers threatening her with her life, the man-handling and pat-down from the clerks upon arrival, all this scary anticipation-- has really cracked Mystra's little psyche. She had to get herself real good and drunk before making the trip over here, or she would of never had the balls to follow through with it.

"Holy Dirty Demon's, would you look at all these freaks you got assembled here." She is swaying back and forth fully intoxicated, looking around the room at all the other members. "Demon's Devils you got here Herschy, to do your dirty demon work no less," she then staggers to her feet from her chair, raising her hands like a ballerina, "And I am...the......Queennnnn." Thud! she collapses to the floor-- Laughing her head off again at her own drunken amusement. "I'm-sorry, I'm-sorry..." she gasps, "I will behave-vvvvv...... Will someone help me up!?! Holy Hell!!?!" She is wearing the most seductive and most inappropriate raised boots anyone has ever seen, and they don't make it any easier for her to stand up. Finally doing so she dusts herself off, "You can all call me Mystrah! I will be your guide for todayyyyy. HA! No seriously! I willlll..... be.....your.......songggg," she looks wily around the room with this, connecting with everyone's eyes with a mischievous grin on her face like she's implying something... "I will be yourrrr songggg..... of STRENGTH--" clenching her fist with a face of might, "Annnnnd......I willll.....be your songgggggg...of.....Serenade....." then trailing off with a twirl, a playful "hehe," a giggle and a burp!

With finality she bows as though she were bowing before a roaring audience,"I am at your service," and then plops down in her chair and crosses her legs gesturing flippantly to Hersch, "Hercshie!!! Please continue!"
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 09-28-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Mission briefing
left-aligned image
Kalina hadn't even questioned it when she was told to report to a Adjutant Hersch in the basement of the Hall of Justice, she simply showed up at the appointed time as instructed and trusted that if the chamberlain said she was to be there then it was somewhere she needed to be. She had arrived a few minutes early for the meeting as she knew the importance of being on time, especially when dealing with a Truthseeker who could make ones life difficult if they choose to do it. A few of the others were brought in with sacks loosely over their heads in an attempt to hide where they were being taken, and she thought at first she might be tasked with interrogation of them, but it appeared as the Adjutant started talking that was not to be the case.

Almost immediately there was an outburst by one of those brought in with the sack, and is less than amused as the woman appears to be quite in the cups and possibly something more if the size of her pupils were any indication. Kalina couldn't imagine why this woman might have been selected for this task, and she had a sudden feeling her task here was going to be much more difficult with this woman in tow. If it became too much of an issue it wouldn't be hard to arrange an accident possibly or take care of her in another fashion if need be, but for now she let the woman set her own stage for failure and she would see what would happen.

"I have no questions, and am ready to move forward as soon as we can and before the scene becomes too disrupted."
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 10-30-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-02-2018
RPXP: 5935
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 8,122
Brand Bittensohn
right-aligned image
Brand sat calmly in his chair seated just infront of the Adjutant Hersch’s desk. His presence here had been worded as though it was a request even though there was no option of saying no. This atleast displayed a modicum of respect while still displaying who was in charge and as a priest of the nameless one it was only right that he be treated with this respect.

Given the dangerous situation that Brand was being called in to he was currently dressed very similarly to how an officer in the imperial army would dress. He wore the standard dark breastplate commonly worn by Captain’s of imperial spears though his seemed a little different more finally crafted perhaps and it also proudly bore the symbol of the nameless one on its front. In addition to this Brand wore a rich red cloak on his shoulders with a broach bearing the symbol of the Black Sun securely pinned on to it.


Lugwig
right-aligned image
Just behind Brand’s left shoulder stood a soldier in the standard garb of an imperial spear. While his armor and clothing was of a similar colour to Brand’s it was obviously not as a high a quality as the priest’s. The soldier stood remarkably still and at attention and did not even seem to breath. The reason for that was soon revealed to anyone one who looked closer as his slightly discoloured skin and pale lifeless eyes revealed he was no longer among the living. For an undead however he was remarkably well preserved and there was no obvious sign of decay or foul scent about him. Infact if anything the undead soldier had a slight smell of incense coming from him.


Brand BittensohnWhen Hersch began to speak Brand sat up straight in his chair and leaned forward slightly rather curious to know just why he had been summoned here. The news about the airship wasn’t new as the rumours had begun to spread rather rapidly but perhaps Hersch would be able to separate the fact from the fiction.

Brand had just been about to speak up and ask a question when one of the other occupants in the room began to make quite the scene. Brand for the first time glanced over and properly looked at the young woman before doing a double take. ’What in the nine hells? Was this woman plucked straight out of an all night drinking den?’ Brand thought to himself in surprise. The woman was not only quite obviously thoroughly intoxicated but she seemed rather crass aswell. Brand then let out an audible sigh when the woman then literally fell on her face and couldn’t get up.

”Ludwig would you be so kind as to pick the young woman back up and put her back in her seat.” the young priest then declared in a rather polite tone.


LugwigThe up until now stationary soldier suddenly lurched in to action as soon as he was addressed by his master. The figure didn’t speak but moved swiftly to the woman’s side with a surprising amount of speed for one of the lumbering undead. Powerful hands then roughly clamped on to the woman’s arms and in one swift motion yanked her on to her feet. Not that surprisingly the undead’s hands were rather cold to the touch. Without a word the soldier then pushed Mystrah back down in to her chair. The silent sentinel then moved to the woman’s side and stood over her as if to prevent her from standing back up.


Brand Bittensohn”Thank you Ludwig” the young priest then declared giving his undead servant a small smile before turning to look at Mystrah.

”Now miss Mystrah was it? I can understand that you are currently rather intoxicated but you need to remember where you are. Such behaviour is not acceptable here particularly coming from a young lady such as yourself. I would advice you to control yourself if you cannot I can offer you a tincture that will counteract the worst of the inebriation though I must warn you it can leave some subjects feeling rather nauseated...” Brand offered. Though he didn’t speak harshly it was obviously a reprimand like a teacher might give to a small child.

When a second much more professional woman spoke Brand glanced over and offered the woman a respectful nod.

”My apologies for the interruption Adjutant Hersche but I do actually have a question. Since our troops have been keeping the enemy at bay what have they reported back as the nature or composition of our enemy?” Brand questioned politely.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2017, 05:17 PM
KKristophDavion's Avatar
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion is offline
A Cynical Instrumentalist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-13-2018
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Posts: 2,452
The Prologue
right-aligned image
The days prior had been dull, dreary, and full of inactivity as Wolfram simply waited around to get his next orders. The Takers had been quiet as of late, and his mysterious benefactors have been absolutely silent every since their initial contact. Lazy days lead to lazy nights, until one day he simply gets orders, and information.

Do not resist. Follow the bell

Odd, perhaps, but instructions like that were easy enough to follow. The days continued to pass by like sand in an hourglass until, one night, Wolfram couldn't take the dull nights any longer. Running across the rooftops like a bat out of hell, he was too exhausted by the end of the night to notice a slight difference in the creak of his door, and too slow to ward off the attack that left him unconscious and bound within seconds.

___________

He wasn't sure that his captors were officials of the Empire until the second day, and he wasn't sure of his fate until the fifth. Dragged out of a cell up a single flight of stairs, Wolfram recognizes the location he was in now, and shuddered to think of his fate should the situation go awry for him. Adjutant Hersch, the nightmare of all criminals, heretics, and traitors within the Empire. Though, the situation was currently a bit different than he imagined he would be in, should he be facing the Adjutant of the Truthseekers. He saw... Soldiers. Deviants. Clergy. Nobles. Men and women of all walks of life, with him at the lowest rung of what society currently had to offer, all within the same office, sitting as if meeting for a take in the guild. Wolfram unsteadily stands up from the kneeling position he was thrown in and rolls his neck, twisting his wrists to unlock the manacles around his wrists before opening his mouth and placing the picks he had in under his palm back under his tongue.

Having walked over the the desk, Wolfram stands by, hands locked behind his back at a mock attention while he listens to the Adjutant for their instructions. Skyship down. Odd magics. Soldiers and Civilians in the firing lines. Hard times then, hard times indeed. Although, now was a decent time to get a feel for what kind of people he would be working with now. Odd job to be getting from the Adjutant, even odder that he would be getting orders to take this lot in from above. "One question Adjutant. Will we be provided funds or gear, or are all expenses out of our pockets?"
__________________
Swear upon the oath, and may your adventures be fruitful
Update 07/05/18: Quick update on my situation; TL;DR: I'll be back soon
DM Death Count: 20 and counting
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-28-2017, 02:41 AM
RustyCthulhu RustyCthulhu is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-30-2017
RPXP: 0
RustyCthulhu
Posts: 31
Vittoria Koslov meets Adjutant Hersch
left-aligned image


Vittoria stood, hands at her sides, and listened attentively as the Adjutant detailed the situation and the objectives. The seriousness of the mission made it easier to disguise her eagerness. This was the sort of assignment that came around once or twice in a person's life, and if it was handled correctly - if you were lucky - you could establish yourself as a citizen of distinction and esteem, advance in rank, and forge a new path for your progeny. Ambition crept into her mind, recognizing an opportunity.

She swallowed, and soberly reminded herself that it could also lead to an early demise, and the wasted potential therein, which simply wouldn't do for her plans.

The point was largely moot anyway, since she had been given no choice. She had been requisitioned; clearly, the woman next to her had been as well, and the priest too. This lack of choice was all too familiar to anyone in uniform, but the nature of this assignment was certainly unlike anything she'd been tasked with before. And, for that matter, some of the others in the room were quite unlike anyone she'd worked with in the past. Soldiers come from all sorts of backgrounds, undoubtedly, but she'd never been on field assignment with anyone so green and undisciplined as some of them seemed to be.

Yet she trusted that a man such as Hersch was would not make such an obvious mistake; ergo, there must be some need to bring a few unorthodox souls into this task. She promised herself that she would discover more about those with whom she would be working.

Finding an opening in the questioning, Vittoria produced a query of her own. "To whom will we be reporting, Adjutant Hersch? And with whom does the chain of command lie?" she asked, adding as an afterthought, "After you, that is."

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-30-2017, 03:02 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Mission briefing
left-aligned image
Kalina listened attentively as the others asked their questions, so that they might have a better understanding of the situation, and while some additional information could not but be useful she spent the few moments taking in the others. The young priest with his calm demeanor and his undead servant, who seem to have the drunk well in hand, would prove useful possibly depending on the nature of what they found at the crash site or as to identify the possible weapon depending on its nature. Another of the bagged ones, tall, dark skinned, tattooed and scarred, could have been any one of the numerous thugs, mercenaries or the like that ply their trade upon the streets. He had a certain amount of bravado though and some skill with locks which also could prove useful, and hopefully when given a blade he could hold his own if need be, whether he was expendable or useful would become apparent soon enough she suspected.

Taking in the last occupant, a woman, a professional soldier by all appearances was a welcome sight in many ways, especially considering she arrived of her own volition. Combined with the priest, the soldier would add some additional presence to the group should they come across others that might need to be persuaded that they were where they were supposed to be. Yes she could work with these people to achieve the desired outcome for a successful resolution to this would be something that would be well remembered by those that matter, for now she simply observed though as they asked their questions.
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2017, 05:11 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
New Friends
right-aligned image




"My My, what strong and, mmm, cold hands you have Mister," she bats her eyelashes at the stiff and quiet man. "What is your name Suga? Are you watching over me now? You tall and handsome man." Mystra has her legs crossed and fidgets in her seat, looking up at her new quiet friend.

"And you!" Pointing her finger loosely at the Cleric. "There’s something about you I don’t like. You don’t sound too sincere with little ol’ Mystra. What’s dat in you hands Darling, medicine?" She raises one eyebrow curiously, "Or is it poison!?" She spits out those last words. "Because I know poison when I see it… hehe…" She changes her thought, "Maybe a little kiss sweetness. Maybe a lil ol’ kiss on those handsome lips of yours will lighten you up. Come’ir Suga, and pucker up." She leans forward towards Brand and has her lips all puckered up at him.

"No Kissy kissy!? Now I feel dirty and ugly. Thank you Mister Cleric for treat’in a girl right." Her tone has changed now, belying some other motives. "Let me tell you this, oh great Man of the Faith… You ever sick your stupid lumbering abomination on me ever again...and you ever talk down to me like a child, I will introduce you to some real nice poison, when you least expect it, that you will surely much enjoy, Sugar Lips, I guarantee it. Now sit down in your chair and be quiet. And take that tincture away from me."

ActionsIntimidate and Demoralize Brand for 1 round, causing the shaken condition.
Dice +8rank +2trait:
1d20+8+2 (14)+8+2 Total = 24
--To beat DC of [10+Hit Dice+Wis Mod+any other Mods].

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 10-31-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-2017, 05:52 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-02-2018
RPXP: 5935
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 8,122
Lugwig
right-aligned image
Rather unsurprisingly Ludwig being dead was completely unaffected by the flirtatiousness of the words that Mystra chose to use or the way that she seductively batted her eye lashes, perhaps if he had still been alive it would have been a completely different story but as a zombie he felt nothing and continued watching over the woman with a disinterested and lifeless gaze. His only reactions came when the woman seemed to move as though she was about to leave her seat.


Brand Bittensohn
right-aligned image
”Ludwig is not much of a talker I am afraid. It is a deficit I hope to one day correct but I am afraid at the moment he is quite mute...” Brand replied in place of his undead servant while shooting the corpse an almost apologetic look.

Brand then raised an eyebrow when the woman suddenly addressed him and pointed accusingly at him with her finger. ”I’m sorry to hear that miss but I am quite sincere...” Brand began but was soon cut off when the woman accused him of trying to poison her. Brand was once again about to speak to profess his innocence when the woman suddenly changed tact completely catching him off guard.

Brand’s eyes widened in surprise when the woman suddenly talked of kissing. Now Brand had lived a rather secluded life and had little experience with women, that after all tended to be the case when your constant companions while growing up were nothing but elderly priests and the dead. The little experience that Brand did have with the ‘fairer’ sex however certainly did not account for anyone remotely like Mystra. When the woman made her statement Brand could not help his gaze be drawn to the woman’s lips, slightly staring at them as though hypnotised. Brand did not even realise that when Mystra leaned in towards him he subconsciously prevented Ludwig from interfering. Brand’s face by now went slightly flushed and his own lips subconsciously twitched. By the time that Mystra pulled back the poor young priest was thoroughly flustered. He was also a strange mix of relieved and secretly disappointed.

”I didn’t... I mean...” Brand rambled in response currently unable to make a coherent sentence. The woman however then made a big mistake, she insulted his creation and suddenly the man’s confusion was washed away as a righteous fury came over him. ”Now you see here, Ludwig is not stupid, he is not lumbering and he is certainly not an abomination!” Brand shot back with fire in his eyes. ”He is a work of art, a masterpiece! I would wager he is better preserved than over half the people in this room!” the priest declared with a dramatic wave of his hand. Brand at some point had stood up and now was looking down at the woman.

The adrenaline was now pumping through the young priest’s body and when the woman threatened him his internal needle only flickered briefly between the flight or fight response before it resoundingly went to fight. ”In the interest of preventing your immediate execution for treason I am going to pretend I did not hear you threaten to murder a priest of the nameless one” Brand shot back his clenched fists slightly shaking from the adrenaline pumping through his system.

”Now I am a man of my word and this tincture is exactly as I said it is!” Brand declared before bringing the small vile to his lips throwing his head back and drinking half the contents. Brand then dramatically slammed the half full bottle down on the desk in front of Mystra. ”Drink it don’t drink it I care not but if you make another outburst don’t expect me to defend you...” Brand then declared staring down at the woman.

Brand then took a deep breath to calm himself down before turning back to face Hersche. ”I’m sorry Adjutant it won’t happen again...” the young priest apologised before sitting back in his chair.

OoCStatus: Shaken

Last edited by Alatere; 11-01-2017 at 05:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2017, 03:09 PM
Endrak's Avatar
Endrak Endrak is offline
Szechuan Dipping Sauce
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-02-2017
RPXP: 715
Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak Endrak
Posts: 551
The Hall of JusticeHersch dramatically extends a gloved hand and places his thumb and forefinger against either temple. "There will be no more buffoonery in this Hall." His tone of voice makes clear that he expects to be obeyed, and the guards beside him stiffen.

Removing his hand and glaring daggers at each of you in turn, Hersch continues. "Your immediate superior will be Captain Dreifuss of Blade Fext is part of the Third Spear in Illethenyr. It was recently rotated into the Homeguard when the majority of its troops contracted a fungal infection in their lungs.Blade Fext. He's overseeing our operations from the main barricade on Merchant's Way. Once you leave here, you'll report directly to him and complete whatever orders he assigns you. The lives of Imperial subjects are on the line, so we expect you to take this seriously.

"To answer your question, Priests with no title are politely called Adherents.Adherent, the reports we've received have been foggy at best. All we know is that whatever's happening down there involves some sort of black smoke and an enemy presence. Captain Dreifuss will be able to provide you with better and more current information when you arrive. He will also provide you with any equipment he deems necessary." Although he continues speaking to Brand, it's obvious this last bit is a barb at Wolfram.

"Now, it's past time you departed. My men will escort you outside. Faith in the Nameless, and don't disappoint me."

Before anyone can get another word in, the guards move forward and begin herding you toward the chamber's door.
__________________
EXPERIENCE DWARVEN METAL

Doesn't usually post on Tuesday or Wednesday.
We'll break your heart, but not your game. #TeamEvil
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-01-2017, 02:04 AM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
Mmm Suga'
right-aligned image








As the guards sweep the group off their feet just as Hersch finishes his last words-- Mystra does not retort. The room's participants clump up to exit through the one doorway and Mystra eyes down Brand through the bodies...

In a low and sultry voice with a curious look in her eye, she inserts, "Mmm Suga'. I think I like it, when you get all haut and flusta'd."

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 11-02-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-01-2017, 05:32 AM
Alatere's Avatar
Alatere Alatere is offline
Crazy Kobold
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-02-2018
RPXP: 5935
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Posts: 8,122
Brand Bittensohn
right-aligned image
”Thankyou Adjutant we will report to Captain Dreifuss immediately....” Brand replied having recaptured much of the composure that he had started the meeting with. ”Faith in the nameless one!” The young priest then echoed as he swiftly rose to his feet.

Moving to leave the room Brand then got caught up in the throng of bodies as the guards attempted to hurry them out of the room. At some point Mystra had ended up next to him and the young woman was once again talking to him. Brand briefly flushed slightly at the young woman’s words embarrassed that he had already allowed her to get under his skin. ’I am a priest of the nameless one I should not react so easily to her provocations...’ Brand thought to himself as he steeled his resolve.

Taking a deep breath Brand then turned to look at the young woman. ”I am sorry I should not have raised my voice...” Brand apologised. ”But you must understand I bore you no ill intent. If we are to work together we must at least be able to be civil with each other...” Brand declared as they made their way outside.

Once outside Brand then spoke up addressing the group as a whole. ”If we are to work together as a cohesive unit I think introductions are in order...” Brand declared as he looked round at the rather eclectic group of individuals. ”My name is Brand Bittensohn as I am sure you have already figured out I am a priest in service of the nameless one” Brand said as he introduced himself. ”My companion here is Ludwig, in life he served as an imperial spear and in death he is my faithful servant.” Brand then added as he waved a hand towards the walking corpse.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-01-2017, 02:14 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Mission briefing
left-aligned image
Kalina knows well enough when a briefing is complete and as the guards move forward to complete the suggestion that they get moving, Kalina inclines her head at Hersch and turns on her heel and makes for the office door. The reality of the situation is that she suspected Hersch and even the captain they were directed to report to knew little enough about the situation or they wouldn't have assembled the group of them to investigate the matter. She could of course be pleasantly surprised and the captain might discovered much by the time they arrive in his presence but at this point she suspected they were more focused on containing the problem than investigating it. Kalina shows some amusement at the back and forth between Mystra and Brand, for clearly the priest was off his game when dealing with some one as brazen as Mystra has shown herself to be, but Kalina couldn't be sure yet whether it was an act by Mystra or truly who she was.

"Kalina Mehic, part of the messenger service, and we can talk as we walk for I suspect that time is of the essence."

Kalina didn't waste time and started off in the direction that would get them out on to the streets and heading towards Merchant's Way, and the Captain Dreifuss they were to report to.
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM
RustyCthulhu RustyCthulhu is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-30-2017
RPXP: 0
RustyCthulhu
Posts: 31
VittoriaVittoria snaps to attention and, with a precise salute, returns the Adjutant's formal farewell: "Faith in in the Nameless!" She quickly steps to the front of the group, walking in step just behind the guards, head high and eyes forward. Damned if I'm going to look like any less of a soldier even amidst this unruly company, she thinks as they head down the hall. She is peripherally aware that Wolfram is walking beside her.

Last edited by RustyCthulhu; 11-01-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-01-2017, 04:27 PM
KKristophDavion's Avatar
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion is offline
A Cynical Instrumentalist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-13-2018
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Posts: 2,452
The Prologue
right-aligned image
Wolfram understands that the odd meeting is over when the Adjutant waves his hand and the guards make their moves to start herding the six unlucky sods to the door. Wolfram, had a bit of worse luck as he was grabbed by the arms and nearly dragged out of the room before the pack that was taken from him five days ago was unceremoniously thrown at him and landed dully in his arms. He ran his fingers through the pack to make sure that everything was in its place before slinging it onto his back and rolling his shoulders. It seemed the six of them were standing outside, what with the priest and the drunkard exchanging verbal blows at each other; the priest sorely losing the battle by all regards.

He chuckled then, when Brand tried to regain his composure by introducing himself, and did so in turn, "Well, at least I won't be the only degenerate on the mission. I am Wolfram von Weissturm. Vagrant, degenerate, and quick fingered." He turned, now facing everyone and giving them a dip of his head out of respect, "I don't know why I was taken, but I have my orders. With haste to the Merchant's District, then?"
__________________
Swear upon the oath, and may your adventures be fruitful
Update 07/05/18: Quick update on my situation; TL;DR: I'll be back soon
DM Death Count: 20 and counting

Last edited by KKristophDavion; 11-01-2017 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB