RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Tales of the Old Magreve
twitter google facebook
4 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 11-02-2017, 04:51 AM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 13347
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 7,300
Levoča - day 3
right-aligned image
The group decides to leave Deadnettle Cottage - the shag that Molvor resides in - behind and pursue the track of dead critters in a desperate hope of finding the Hollow Man before he returns on a grim journey through the Magreve to do more damage.

It is easy, with such good trackers at hand, to follow the trail of dead birds, rodents, serpents, forest felines and other animals of that category, but it is also a slow creep forward - stopping and listening at every sound - leaves turning here and there, twigs breaking distantly, howls from far away and the wind playing odd discordant tunes in hollow trees. After 7 hours of a steady tracking pursuit, Karl announce that they have made it a tad more than one mile into the depths of the Magreve and that is when they hear the twigs turn and twist in odd patterns and the Hollow Man steps out before them.

A crooked figure pops through the wall-like shrubbery only few strides away from them and stands looming over them - that cruel weapon of head-chopping cluthced in his thorny hands. The empty pools of darkness and sinister hunt that make out his eyes scan the group before him and a shiver seem to radiate in the ground from where he stands. He lifts a hand out and squeeze his molded fist shut, trembling with the effort he puts into it.

Something is happening and it is time to act.

Lookout the wood is alive!
Karl immediately feel the ground's hymn connect with the trembling hand of the towering construct - the Hollow Man was SLA named: Animate Wood Ward - but mainly the same kind of spell as Animate Objectsanimating a part of the wood to fight for him or protect him - the ability to do so was easy enough to pull off if one had mastered the ways of the Magreve for many years. It had already been done and Karl knew that the thing was rising from behind them as he saw the trick pulled off.


Both Minn and Thjorn feel it too, something is stirring in their companions' heads. No will check just yet - I'll give you a chance to know this before it (maybe) happens.Not long will go before they will have to test their strength versus the evil that is taking root around here. The force of it has grown stronger over the past hours. They can only hope. It will be enough of a test for the group with the Hollow Man in front of them - no need to add a wolf pup and a deadly cat to the mix too...

 

Last edited by Dressedtojazz; 11-02-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 11-02-2017, 05:10 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
He shows himself
right-aligned image
Minn stops short. There before them stands the abomination; the lumbering giant they witnessed and fought with a few nights prior. There in the dense Magreve with tangled trees and gripping undergrowth all around, and in the distance the sun descending below the trees, shining lightly through the canopy before total darkness ensues, and evil takes hold. The five companions flinch into high alert beholding their targeted prey as he stumbles into visibility.

Drawing her bow now, ever so slowly not wanting to bring attention to her team, unsure if they even have been spotted by the menace. Minn leans down to Maketahk, maintaining her piercing gaze on the creature in the distance. Minn asks the halfling in a the quietest whisper, "Maketahk, do you have magic to help Illuvis if Illuvis lose to the sickness?" She then knocks an arrow ready for the spring into action if the command is called. The only time she looks away is down to her cat, she gives him a nod of reassurance, and a smile of preemptive forgiveness if anything were to go awry...

As quiet as possible, "Friends, I have magic of healing if we fall to hurt."

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 11-02-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 11-03-2017, 03:28 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Sterling Larken, Respite in the village
left-aligned image
It had been hours and it didn't seem like they were any closer to finding the hollow man than they had in the beginning and Sterling was beginning to wonder if it had gone around them in some fashion and was already extracting its revenge upon the village. The
Dice initiative:
d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
sudden sound of twigs and branches quickly tossed that thought aside as the hollow man step forth from the tightly wound wall of shrubbery not far from them, his scythe like blade menacingly directed towards them. Most unnerving of all though were the pools of darkness where you would expect to see eyes, for their emptiness was more frightening than any living eyes could truly be.

All Sterling could do was watch as its wooden hand squeezed shut and the ground began to shiver.


 
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 11-03-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 11-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 13347
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 7,300
Levoča - day 3
right-aligned image

There was a tension in the air - it seemed like the Magreve stopped breathing for a moment, holding its breath to see what happened next. To see if the force of ancient nightmares would acknowledge the threat before it and break its routine route or advance through it. A groan erupted from the Hollow Man, a sound that must have been created by wood grinding against wood, but worse was that the same strange and nerve-wracking sound echoed from the other side of the group of Levoča heroes. The ritual had been completed and there had been no intervention.

The Hollow Man had chosen to fight his way through. In an instant he was looming a head over Thjorn, still holding the deadly weapon in one hand while the other barreled into the big tribal man. Thjorn felt everything mix and break inside his body and felt pangs of primal anxiety washing over him from the wolf pup.

FIRE! You must burn it! Arcela screamed, tugging everyone out of their anxiousness. Burn them.

Thjorn, Sterling and Karl stood facing the Hollow Man. Maketahk, Illuvis and Thjorn’s wolf pup was in the middle while Minn and Arcela was facing another of those animated constructs of broken wood and soil. This one was still climbing off the ground, dragging brambles, thorny vines and weeds with it. Those swirling pools of hate, vengeance and eternal night was looking straight at the proclaimed guardian of the Green Faith.

Arcela kept voicing strategic concerns and almost fell into some sort of nursery rhyme about fire versus wood - while it seemed so very out of place, it magically bolstered those that he stood with and they felt some courage against the otherwise very pitiful situation they had found themselves in.

 
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 11-07-2017, 11:40 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Sterling Larken, Respite in the village
left-aligned image
Whatever the hollow man truly was it was still made up of bits and pieces of the natural world, and like most everything Sterling had encountered in his years it was something that could be destroyed if you put your mind too it. Thjorn was hit heavily by the hollow man, and the sound of the impact left little mystery as the brute strength that it possessed, and Sterling could only hope his own strength was up for the challenge. Circling about the hollow man to keep it distracted, Sterling did his best to flank it or failing that put himself in a position to work towards that as they fought, and when the opportunity to strike presented itself Sterling did his best to
Dice unarmed strike:
d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
Dice dmg if hits:
d6+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
Forgot inspire courage but I doubt +1 hit / dmg will matter much on that roll
aggravate the hollow man.


 
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 11-07-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 11-07-2017, 04:42 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
Minn
right-aligned image
Minn reels with fright as the gigantic abomination cleaves into Thjorn. He has suffered a massive blow. Thankfully, he is one tough brute. Minn has an idea to discharge some of her healing magic on her friend if it comes to it.

But what has her immediate attention now is that smaller, nature spawn behind them. Right there in plain sight, it coalesces together from brambles and thorns, and compiles into a lumbering construct-- with evil eyes fixed on Minn herself. Arcela is now singing and chanting his mysterious words that fill her team with this curious feeling, a feeling of bolstered vigor and superhuman strength. She feels her hands tighten with toughness and her eyes are sharper and are able to focus faster! Illuvis begins to growl very low in tone, quieter at first, then escalating in volume and terror. "Illuvis Attack Now!" She snaps the command for her brimming and furious cat to charge fourth at the smaller construct behind them. Illuvis, in a Fit of Rage(!), gallops fast making a powerful charge at the waiting enemy. He springs up and collides with the construct with a terrible growl that spooks birds in the trees around them to take flight! Two powerful claws rend and tear at the bramble with all the might the cat can angrily muster.

left-aligned image
Minn is in full combat sense now; eyes peeled sharp, moving hunched over with stealth and precision as a stalking sentry of the shadowed forest. She gauges a distance around 40ft from the spawn behind them, and slithers to her desired position. Bow and arrow still in hand and knocked ready to fire, she unthreads the projectile. The nature’s arrow is in one hand, and the other hand is held open and free. In a flurry of speed and intensity in her eyes, she gazes powerfully at the tip of the arrow, and strains her other free hand in this mysterious posture where the ends of her fingers are held taut with strength like a claw. Quickly, she focuses the strained fingers at the arrow point, and mouths some secret words to herself. BLAZE--the arrow tip catches fire into a vigorous ripple of dancing flame. With complete confidence as if she has done this on cue many times, the arrow is quickly threaded back against the bow string and drawn to absolute zenith. Her piercing eyes are fixed on the target marked for death--and the arrow point burns brightly with the flame of the Godhead.

Actions
 

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 11-08-2017 at 04:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 11-09-2017, 03:53 AM
Thorsten's Avatar
Thorsten Thorsten is offline
Rules Enforcer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 25366
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Posts: 6,877


Karl should have known that inside the forest the Hollow Man had the homefield advantage. And a part of him had considered it. But to have the massive thing lumber out of the woods right in front of them where he was sure nothing had been moments before was still unnerving to the Huntsman.

Others acted faster, and Karl felt their words and actions embolden himself, even while the Hollow Man struck Thjorn with a blow that would have felled lesser men. But Karl himself did not stand idle, instead spending valuable moments to search for that opening, that chink in the armour that would allow him to land a well-placed hit.

Frustration and anger lending strength to his blow, Karl ducked forward under a swinging limb and brought his Lochaber axe up
Dice Dice Attack vs Stickman the Lesser (BaB 2, Str 4, Studied Target 1, Inspired 1):
1d20+8 (8)+8 Total = 16
Dice Damage ( Studied Target 1, Inspired 1, Whetstone 1)::
1d10+9 (7)+9 Total = 16
in a savage cut from below.




 
__________________
Going through a rough patch in my life. Forgive me if I forget a post.
Father of a proud toddler. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 11-09-2017, 01:57 PM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2018
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 6,833
Thjorn had meant to play this smart. Well...as smart as a muscle bound, thew-headed backwoods rustic slab of meat COULD play it. He had tapped into that new and wondrous source of inspiration within him and received the knowledge to make magical things happen in the natural world. He could close wounds, make fire spring from his hands and more. Unfortunately all of that evaporated as he lost control of the beast coiled within him. Along with the surge of pure adrenalin and rage, a primal roar erupted from the fiery haired giant. He lost all thought of spells and divine powers and instead raised the
Dice raging power attack with bardic morale:
d20+6 (1)+6 Total = 7
Dice damage:
1d12+9 (8)+9 Total = 17
massive axe over his head and brought it crashing down with all of the strength behind his considerable musculature.

 
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 11-10-2017, 01:37 AM
AwesomeEli's Avatar
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli is offline
???%
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 11208
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Posts: 8,987
MaketahkThe second-smallest member of the party gave a small squeak as The Hollow Man erupted from the foliage and swung at Thjorn - the blow was angry, furious, and loud in its impact, which probably wasn't good for Thjorn's body. He stayed on his feet though, and the fight was illuminated in part with her magic, but it still wasn't bright enough.

Quickly, she fired off a rapid slew of strange syllables, all almost Sylvan and almost in the pattern of a formal prayer, but the words were all off, tinged with enough of something unnatural to warp them beyond recognition. The effect was obvious, though, as a snake of fire erupted into existence, coiled around Maketahk's arm. Not only did it illuminate the area around her, but it coiled and spat, glaring at the wooden monstrosity before them.

Arcela had instructed to burn it with fire, and Maketahk was about to bring some heat.
 
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 11-10-2017, 04:30 AM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 13347
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 7,300
Levoča - day 3
right-aligned image

Everyone leaps into motion - for some, wild and chaotic motion, while others are deadly and tactical. Arcela keep his strangely empowering words of fire and cleansing going, spurring both Maketahk and Minn to each their corner of the little stretch of clearing and igniting their magic into fire. The flickering lights illuminate enough of the two figures to create an orange backdrop for A tearing Illuvis on one side - chipping bits and pieces off the construct, while all attempts of taking on the Hollow Man so far is futile, despite the fact that Provided Flanking to Karl, but it missed anywayKarl and Sterling each circled the big horror to aid each other in better combat.

Thjorn who has recovered somewhat from the setback and flies into rage - leaving his pet wolf standing whimpering back between the fighting masses. The burst of rage is bringing Thjorn wildly out of control and his weapon skewer only the wood that is in the ground.

the Hollow man - still clutching the bony scythe in one hand, lash out with the other and hitting Sterling square in the face - roots and wood impacting with nose and teeth, leaving broken bits and pieces in a bloody mess, where Sterling’s face had once been.

The construct that has been raked considerably by Illuvis, ignites its own horrifying light - the pools of nightmares and ever lasting insanity. the green eyes swirl and swirl, as it pierces everything around it. While it is terrifying to behold, it is only the cat that is actually influenced by the magic.

With Karl moving over to the Hollow Man, the darkness becomes denser on the other side where Illuvis fights. Arcela step one step closer, leaving the wolf pup entirely alone in the middle and here the bard starts to radiate a warm white glow - his robes seem to glitter like the morning sun and within long, the whole part of the sudden arena is lit as if it was daylight. He carries on with words of fire and cleansing light. For all who cared, Arcela could have been a priest of Sarenrae, although he had never mentioned anything about the far-away godess.

 
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 11-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Thorsten's Avatar
Thorsten Thorsten is offline
Rules Enforcer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 25366
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Posts: 6,877


Things were looking dire indeed. Despite its size, and deceptively slow movements, the creature remained unharmed and unfazed, and now Sterling stood in line to receive a pummeling.

Karl grunted and brought his long axe around,
Dice Dice Attack vs Stickman the Lesser (BaB 2, Str 4, Studied Target 1, Inspired 1, Flanking):
1d20+10 (11)+10 Total = 21
Dice Damage ( Studied Target 1, Inspired 1, Whetstone 1)::
1d10+9 (6)+9 Total = 15
chopping like a lumberjack would at roots and branches that formed the Hollow Man's legs.

"Have at it," he shouted over the sound of wood creaking ominously and the crackle of flame somewhere behind him and to the side. "We cannot hope to slug it out with it unless we surround it and bring it low quickly."


 
__________________
Going through a rough patch in my life. Forgive me if I forget a post.
Father of a proud toddler. Expect the next 18+ years to be erratic and/or chaotic.

Last edited by Thorsten; 11-10-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 11-10-2017, 03:58 PM
AwesomeEli's Avatar
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli is offline
???%
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 11208
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Posts: 8,987
MaketahkUnsure of what else to do with everyone fighting in front of her, Maketahk slid up into the middle of the fight, and allowed the snakes that surrounded her body to come to life. The fire snake stood up from her arm, raised back, and snapped forward at the wooden monster before her, while Shaun slid off of his perch and slipped into the vegetation on the ground between the hollow man's feet. There, he could try to distract the monster the next time it attacked, and hopefully help Maketahk and the others stay alive

 
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 11-12-2017, 04:19 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 11124
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 7,673
Sterling Larken, Respite in the village
left-aligned image
Getting hit in the face by a strong man is one thing, but get clubbed in the face with the equivalent of a tree stump is quite something else altogether, the closest he had ever come to feeling such force was the time he was kicked by a cow. This had been worse. He was sure jaw was close to broken and he wouldn't be surprised if a tooth or two was lost in the process, and if he didn't have a black eye or two come morning he would be shocked, either way it was not a pleasant experience at all. Tasting his own blood, and the coppery taste it gave off did little to lessen his anger and if anything just made him angrier than he had ever been in his life, and while it may be futile, he was planning on
Dice brawler's furry, attack #1, flanking:
d20+8 (3)+8 Total = 11
Dice damage if hits:
d6+5 (3)+5 Total = 8
Dice brawler's furry, attack #2, flanking:
d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25
Dice damage if hits:
d6+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
going down swinging.


 
__________________
Nov 9th: I have risen from the dead, well at least returned to RPGX, after an unexpected departure. Bear with me while I get sorted and will be browsing about for a game or two. Its good to be back.
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
Minn
right-aligned image
Illuvis’s powerful single claw comes crashing down at the end of his commanding charge. Slash and tear, bits of bark and fibers fly off in all directions from the natural robot-like construct. Just after, the demon turns an evil eye on the furious cat, and fills him with this supernatural dread! Illuvis stops instantly, awestruck and paralyzed for a brief moment as he makes some unintentional eye contact with the demonic gaze. The cat falters in his forceful pursuit. He submits for a moment not understanding what is going on. Minn witnesses him quiver and shake, and back down prematurely. She feels nervous watching her companion succumb to this unexpected witchcraft. From her distance away she then tries to compensate, and scorns out some mysterious words of hopeful reinforcement, "Illuvis, Estor’irrak! Finaelin ue’ran!!" Illuvis hears these words in his peripheral and snaps out of it miraculously, much to Minn’s relief. He then regains his mind and his focus. Something about his master’s command brings him back to competence. The cat remains trembling unfortunately, not as fervent as he originally started. He bolsters his strength and cognition over his limbs and shakes off his possession. Minn barks again, "Illuvis… CONTINUE!"

The cat purges the daze from his mind and the fire in his belly is reignited. His guttural growl resumes low at first, then builds quickly again to a ravenous crescendo(!), with blazing eyes of furry and white-ivory fangs of serrated blades. Standing right next to the enemy still, Illuvis strikes again, this time with numerous attacks and lunges. Both of his thick and brawny claws slash and shred at the target, followed by a massive snap of his gigantic maw with the intention of severing chunks of bramble. The arena resounds with the shrill screech of feline furry and the flicker of firelight.

Just as Illuvis ceases his attempts, Minn whispers a very sacred Activating Guiding Spirit Magical Traitprayer to herself only to be used in dire circumstances. The plea is to her revered ancestors in spirit, to bestow guidance unto her - so that her next shot flies straight and true and finds its target. She then finally releases her flame arrow. The blazing shaft zips through the night air magically, but Minn closes her eyes with disregard. It is Druidic Law--not to observe the striking of their fired arrow on their target after sacred guidance has been requested.

Not even seeing if her projectile connected, she turns and bolts over to her friend, the hulking beast of a man with vibrant red hair. Standing right behind Thjorn, she calls out to him, "Thjorn, Please Careful! I mend your being now!" With these words, she contorts her shoulders down quickly into a hunch and clasps her hands together tight over her heart, and at the same time clenching her eyes shut, straining with all of her might. If her friends in the immediate area are sensitive enough, they can feel a strange warmth start to waft from the little Elf. She then stomps her feet rhythmically on the ground and prepares to unleash her blessing of healing light.

Actions
 

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 11-14-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 11-14-2017, 12:13 AM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2018
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 6,833
Growling his frustration, Thjorn took a circling step away from his allies. The result should either force this wooden monstrosity to turn with him and give his allies free openings at it's back, or it would give Thjorn a similar opening. Before he was even certain of it's reaction he had raised the weapon high overhead again. No matter which part of the beast ended up facing him, the barbarian was intent on ruining that facing side. Still all but incoherent from his anger, he brought the
Dice raging power attack with bardic and flanks:
d20+8 (15)+8 Total = 23
Dice damage with lotsa bonuses:
d12+10 (7)+10 Total = 17
massive axe crashing forward as a flash of fur came in at an angle to rip at the things "legs". Whether or not a typical wolf pack attack would prove effective was rather beside the point for the moment. But at least the pup was trying to help. If he'd been more in control of his own thoughts, perhaps the barbarian would have been more worried than appreciative of the young lupine's efforts.

 
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.

Last edited by ogamodyna; 11-14-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB