RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: E-H > Echoes of Divinity > Chapter 3 Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Admin TeufelHeunden's Avatar
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden is offline
Ars artis gratia
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 24761
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden
Posts: 11,931
Ormarr and YnnocranYnnocran was the first of the pair to sense that the black dragon was speaking the truth. Ynnocran was seconded by Ormarr who knew dragons well but had a hard time understanding the actions of those upon this island.

“si tir ti kiwieg sia iejir drilg vutha kothar, nomagqe coi ui tagoa yth tepoha stronger resolve loupon dout plythu ricin,” I do not feel my blood boil black demon, perhaps it is because we have stronger resolve than your weak mind** Ynnocran stated emphatically. The Goliath Greathammer slammed into the cobblestones beneath the dragon with such force that bricks broke free from their solid foundation and splayed in a fountain. Some of them blasting up and blasting the black dragon on their snout as they lay bound upon the building in the harbor, “si tir ti kiwieg sia iejir drilg ihk tiamat toladaf blacky, lyrik loupon ekess ehtah jacioniv wrinkled rivek vur rhulit sia opsola, arauthator svaust geou loreat ini sia cayosin filki lae tiamat geoua.” I do not feel my blood boil for Tiamat either Blacky, other than to find her wrinkled corpse and avenge my father, Arauthator who will die by my blade just as Tiamat will**

Ynnocran turned to Ormarr, “Let’s not bring your father into this,” he said in common, “We will find him eventually and bring an end to your vengeance.”

The dragon turned once again to the captive, “I think Lord Henry has asked more than one question,” Ynnocran paused for a moment as there seemed to be a speck of activity to his right, it turned out to be some nights recoiling around a building to the east, not another dragon attacking from the jungle. “Where is the ceremony taking place to free Tiamat from her suffering?”

Ormarr turned to Lord Henry, “The dragon speaks truth, they are here to free Tiamat, Ynnocran is attempting to find out where on this Island that is happening.”


 
__________________
My apologies to all I game with, going through some challenging times with RL at the moment but I am still here and will persavere. TY for your Patience.

Last edited by Admin TeufelHeunden; 02-12-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Added links to rolls
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-12-2018, 04:39 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is online now
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 9228
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,031
'F**k...'

And just like that the situation had become flipped. The dragons were not an invasion force, but a rescue mission, trying to rescue their diety from a similar fate of what had befallen atop the ziggurat. Of what the Wiesbaden's and done to Geddon. Add to it the tamperings in the island's defenses and Henry was starting to get a pretty good idea of what was going on.

'Capture the queen and bring her here. Call upon ancient defense treaties. Commence ritual. Use defense forces to buy time. Become a god.... we've been bloody well played.' Henry's gut twisted with rage and sorrow. He'd have to put this aside for now and deal with it later.

Omarr's words only solidified Henry's own feelings. The look in the dragon's eyes was one he knew well, Henry had been there himself years before. Watching one's patron deity die, powerless to stop it, was such an empty feeling, he wouldn't wish it upon his worst enemies.

"Sister May, you and your men are dismissed." The tone of Henry's voice was neutral, but the look in his eyes let her know his seriousness. "Yes, my Lord. Men, you've got a camp build, don't you? Get yer arse's moving then, those tent's won't pitch themselves! Move out!"

Henry waited until the soldiers had cleared, using the time to brush some of the debris out of his hair from the smashing of the hammer.

With the dust settled and the area cleared, Henry kneeled down next to the black dragon, allowing him to look it squarely in the eye. "I have seen a ritual like this before and poses the unique means to stop it. If you want to save your goddess, you need to tell me where to find her."

"Now. "
__________________
June 12th UPDATE: Being an Adult is lame. Too many responsibilities...

Last edited by irishking7777; 02-12-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-12-2018, 05:52 PM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 19680
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,351
The forces of Geddon moved off to their duties, a bit disappointed that they didn't get to see the dragon's head removed in a less than surgical manor. Apparently, there was a lot of residual anger still working it's way through the army's system from their past couple days.

After a moment, there was only Henry, Ormarr, Ynnocran, and the restrained black dragon upon the roof. Sanre stood below, tending her skeletal steed, but still within earshot of the conversation. Admittedly, she only caught the pieces that were spoken in Common, as the tongue of dragons was not in her linguistic acumen.

Even after the angry outburst of the large warrior, which he noted with some satisfaction had cause the dragon to flinch in obvious fear, the beast managed to maintain it's angry disposition. For those who were familiar with dragons, two of which were present, the drive behind the draconic horde's actions were easily explained when put into perspective by the black's reasoning.

Upon hearing Henry's demand, it's eye widened and shook it's head as much as the restraining collar of stone would allow. Clearly, it vigorously agreed with the Knight Commander's plan.

"She is at the center of the isle! There... there among the hated godless elves! We seek her liberation... but they kill us! Pain and death, bring the elves! We cannot reach her! As she dies.... so do we!!!!"

It's voice held a tone of pleading, and urgency. Things that rattled both men to the core, for both had the cruel and virulent nature of the chromatic dragons ingrained into them from both lore and experience. Yet, this massive beast chained at their feet expressed only fear and weakness at the potential loss of it's goddess. A disarming experience to say the least.

"rilnom!" the black now spoke to Ynnocran, his tone brittle and full of portent, "si vow acht wer iejir di jaciv di jlatak kluchuduunic, si geou lead wux ekess svaklar jaciv ui imprisoned! visp astahi! visp astahi di sia vok!"Cousin, I vow upon the Blood of She of Five Colors, I will lead you to where she is imprisoned! Tell them! Tell them of my vow!**

Ynnocran's eyes widened at this statement, stunned into momentary silence.

OoCTuef, Ynnocran knows that this vow is the most serious vow a dragon can make, calling upon the blood of Tiamat/Bahamut.
It is unbreakable, and impossible for any dragon to break once made.

Irish... I love the way you jump to 75% accurate conclusions :P.
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II | Twilight Skies Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl) | Shades of Eberron (Korvus)
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-13-2018, 01:17 PM
KellyCat's Avatar
KellyCat KellyCat is offline
Evil kitten
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 3782
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Posts: 3,248
Miranda listened to the interrogation. She didn’t know enough about dragons to know the significance of the oath bond, but she could tell by tone of voice that the dragon seemed to be sincere in its pleading. The wizard let out a breath and decided that the best use of her time lay elsewhere. She was a scholar, not an interrogator or a soldier.

”Right… I will leave this all to you guys.” Miranda said as she headed off to the quiet place where she had done her tattoo work unhindered in the hopes that it hadn’t been taken over by soldiers. Picking her way around the rubble and destruction, she set about pushing a few things out of the way as she exposed the stone flooring on which the remains of the house was built. Miranda shifted things around and once she was (reasonably) sure that her castings would be free of distractions, she removed the chalk from her bag and set about drawing 2 circles on the ground.

”Well… I guess it is time to get to work.” Miranda said to no one but herself. She reached into her mind for an incomplete spell which allowed her to summon forth a small elemental. She looked the elemental in what she assumed was its face and curtsied to it. It was more traditional than anything, but it made her feel better about her use of the elemental for her experimenting. ”I am sorry if this causes you any discomfort.” Miranda said as she moved herself into one circle and the elemental to the other.

Conjuration was the magic she knew better than any other. She studied it, examined it, bent it backwards and forwards into shapes that few specialists could dream of achieving. But still, this island’s magics were messing with her spells. By brute force, she pushed her way through the distortions and came out the other side… And wretched. Looking up at the elemental who seemed unaffected by the spell (other than a change of location), she bit back a few words of frustration.

It shouldn’t work like this. She fumed to herself as she caught her breath and tried a more powerful spell to repeat the experiment as the world went sideways as the spell completed. For half a moment, the world spun violently and Miranda struggled to keep her focus on what she was doing. The spell keeping the elemental here on the plain unraveled as she struggled to keep her footing as the vertigo washed through her brain. Miranda fell to her knees with a small cry of pain and clutched the sides of her head as she tried to push through the feelings.

A few deep breaths and a few moments to collect herself lead to a feeling that she was being watched. Looking up, she saw four, no, two individuals as the optical illusions faded out into normal focus, who seemed to be enjoying the show of her suffering. ”Are you sure that I can’t play with her?” The woman said, looking over Miranda with a look which screamed hunger. She seemed to be no older than Miranda appeared (though appearances were deceiving as far as Miranda’s true age was concerned). The woman’s curves were in all the right places, which seemed to excite Miranda for reasons her pounding head refused to answer for.

”Yes, I am sure.” The woman’s companion said. He was a plain man in dress and appearance, though she could recognize some of the magic items he was wearing. He was a wizard if her guess was right, though with the pounding of her head, it wasn’t clear entirely to her if it was true or her brain was searching for a solid answer to try to appease the vertigo. HIs age was less certain than hers, and she was unable to place him. His white hair and lack of wrinkles gave her an age anywhere between 30 and 50, and she wondered if her village’s superstitions had merit to them with the loss of color in the hair.

”But she looks so helpless and positively delicious.” The feminine voice seemed to purr, as she began slowly walking into the building. This woman knew exactly how to move her body to entice all who watched; it was an almost supernatural ability. The woman crouched down to give the young wizard a glorious view under the low cut fabric. With a sigh, the woman said, ”Take deep breaths… Slowly in, slowly out. My master went through this too, and it shall pass. That’s a good girl.” Miranda felt the woman’s hand slowly running up her arm and a sudden moment of pure fear hit Miranda. The woman’s touch was a mixture of electricity and cold, trying to draw off a little of her lifeforce.

Damning the consequences, she cast a quick spell which was supposed to teleport her elsewhere to safety, but it didn’t quite function as intended. Given the haste, her accuracy was off and she had tried to teleport herself on top of a stack of wooden boxes in the corner. So she arrived and the boxes had left, leaving a mage floating in the air for a half second before gravity took over and slammed her into the ground painfully and knocking the air out of her. The boxes themselves had appeared near the now startled succubus and promptly toppled over onto the demon.

The man seemed to be laughing as he watched the show with some amusement, ”Emonael, don’t think I can’t tell what you were trying to do. Leave the poor girl alone.” He laughed as he made his way into the ruined house and tenderly lifted the young mage off the ground. ”Close your eyes, focus on what you experienced.” The mage said in a tone which reminded her a lot of her teacher. ”Focus on the variables, trace them back to the core.”

Miranda took a deep breath and took the wizard’s advice as she closed her eyes, taking the time to work through it. Her eyes opened and suddenly she felt the urge to start writing things down. She scrambled for the chalk and started scribbling magical equations on the floor. The (probably) older wizard watched and followed along for a while then his brows scrunched up as Miranda wrote. ”Mordenkainen’s uncertainty principle?” The wizard said as he rechecked the equations. ”I mean it makes sense… I hadn’t thought of it before being applied like this. Usually it is when one applies powerful evocation and abjuration.”

Miranda looked up at him. ”That magic’s variables become increasingly random in the presence of high power sources.” Miranda offered as she continued to work on the equations to piece together exactly what was going on, writing out variables upon variables to compile her 4 casting attempts into a single rule to chart the currents underlying the partial collapse of the enchantment which was built into the island, but something was missing. It was right on the tip of her tongue as she sighed again.

The boxes shifted as the succubus managed to extract herself from under the rubble. ”Thank you master for helping me out of the boxes.” The demon groaned and stretched, causing some popping noises. ”I am always amazed by your kindness.” Sarcasm dripped from every single word as she moved over to watch the formulation growing.

”Phillip’s arcane constant might apply.” The man offered, trying to piece together what was going on. ”But…” He sighed, and Miranda knew it was a shot in the dark much like her guesses at this point. ”The variables attached to it stretch too high. It doesn’t hold up to the amount of magical power the field would require just to operate.”

”Personally I prefer Bigby’s magical research. That man sure knew how to use his hand.” The succubus said with a purr, as if seeming to try to distract the mages in a quest for revenge over the toppled boxes. Bigby’s spells, while a treaties in force affects, often lent itself to more perverted uses. Her master had taught her to counterspell while using one of these. If you can work through the most unpleasant disruptions, you can work through anything.

Miranda sighed and took a breath to decide what to do. More data would be needed, and she had three more things she needed to know. First, she needed to know which side of the spell was being impacted upon, second, how much power was required to overpower the pull of the ethereal distortions, and lastly, how potentially bad the consequences would be for a failed spell. ”Watch to see what the impact on magic is. I will cast a spell as a short jaunt, and I want you to see which end of the spell is disturbed.”

The other mage nodded and Miranda set about weaving her spell. Slowing the casting down, she refined and said each word of power in proper tones and wordings to push the spell to near maximum of what she was able to accomplish. She disappeared into the ether and reappeared ten feet away, farther than she had intended. A brief feeling of nausea passed over her, but she pushed it away with a force of will.

”Entrance. The exit seemed fine, though the energy levels were…” The man started and Miranda finished, ”Disturbing.” The man looked over the equations and let out a sigh. ”It really isn’t safe to teleport anything or anyone around this island is it?” He muttered and crouched down to read over Miranda’s equations. ”I’ll take this to the others. Maybe one of them has a missing piece… If we can figure out how to make this work. Come along Emonael.” The man said and headed out to leave Miranda alone with the succubus.

”If you ever want to play...” The succubus purred and leaned in close to Miranda. ”I will be most overjoyed to show you what you’ve been missing little girl.” Miranda shivered and watched as the demoness walked out, her hips swaying in a way to suggest that not only was she dangerous, she knew it too.

Just what have you gotten me into Master?

Last edited by KellyCat; 02-13-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is online now
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 9228
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,031
There was an eerie silence, if only briefly. Ynnocran slowly turned towards Henry and with wide eyes, very clearly translated the Black's oath and what it meant.

The fact that Henry was guessing no longer mattered.

"A truce then," Henry stated strongly, "I am Lord-Commander Henry Killmoore III of Geddon. For time's sake, I hope that means something to you and your kin. You will take us to the site of power and convince your kin to cease hostilities. I will put an end to this ritual, and when it is over all will take leave of this place. Do you swear to this?" The black dragon made the solemn vow. Henry then stood up and walked over to the stone collar. Without a word, he raised his boot and kicked the stone as hard as he could. A clap of thunder resounded as the masonry exploded into dust. Henry turned back to the now freed dragon. "Then we have little time to waste."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Orders had been given. The Geddon war machine was in full swing securing the harbour and preparing it for receiving troop ships. Mages had been given orders to signal the approaching fleet. Messengers ran with missives back to the outpost to consolidate forces at the harbour, and Clerics tended to the wounded as quickly as they could. Some whispers could be heard through the camp about the decision to ally with a black dragon, but most of the men had served long enough to trust Henry's judgment. He had returned from two crusades, he had helped return the country to it's rightful King, and had brought the Norman province out of a blight. His means were never traditional, but one couldn't argue with his results.

In the new camp's mustering yard, Henry was gathered with Mypirus, the Black, whose wounds had been treated, and a small group of volunteers. "Alright men. The mission here as straightforward, and one-sided as it gets. We will ride our hearts out to make a rendezvous with the Legion forces. Reports say they have been entrenched around the capital city for some time... there may not be many left. Either way, we will link up with whoever is left and our new friend here will lead us to the source of all our proble-"

Henry's briefing was interrupted by a shouting mage. What he was shouting, Henry couldn't make sense of it, but he was running towards the gathered force. "Commander! Commander! I think we have something!"
"Well then spit it out, Master Mage."
"Well, my Lord, according to Urza's quantum entanglement theory, we applied Pascal's rules of transmutation in relation to Phillip's arca-" The white-haired wizard noticed the numerous blank stares he was receiving from most of those gathered. "S-Sorry my Lord. What I'm trying to tell you is that we think we've worked out the issues teleporting."
"...Think!?"
"Well, yes S-Sir. It's all theory until we try it." The wizard said with an unreassuring smile on his face. "I assure you, our calculations were triple checked."
"And how many can you move?"
"A-a-a-a a few sir. The power required to stabilize the field under current conditions is great, so the output will be minimal.... b-but effective. Sir." The mage's confidence in the face of his commander, with the realization of living test subjects, made him wish they had triple checked again.

There was a long pause.

Finally, the Lord-Commander spoke, "Right." He turned to the mustered soldiers. "Who is coming with me?"
__________________
June 12th UPDATE: Being an Adult is lame. Too many responsibilities...

Last edited by irishking7777; 02-15-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 AM
KellyCat's Avatar
KellyCat KellyCat is offline
Evil kitten
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 3782
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Posts: 3,248
Miranda’s head perked up as she heard a now familiar voice approaching her ruined out building turned study. She’d been picking at the aetherial puzzle for a while now, but was slow to make progress on her own. ”This girl is on to something, I think she might have the key to cracking the teleportation problem.” The male wizard said as he arrived back at the rubble filled building with another mage and the familiar succubus in tow.

”She is also cute, and I want to eat her up.” Emonael mentioned, grinning at the young wizard, as if undressing Miranda with her eyes. Miranda blushed reflexively and shifted back a little.

”You’ve said so 5 times already Emonael. Who knew having a succubus would be such a pain in the ass.” The wizard replied with a sigh, looking over at Miranda in an almost apology that she had been reduced to little more than a sex toy in his summon’s eyes.

”A young girl is the source of your magical theories? I mean really if a girl-” The new mage stopped, looked at the equations as if taking them in. He picked his way over the rubble and discarded boxes to stand right next to Miranda, staring at the equations on the floor. ”Bukher… Go get the others, they need to see this.” The wizard just stared at the writing as the summoner ran off in search of the others, whoever they might be. ”How did you do this?”

”I am a scholar of magic. This is much like the puzzles my master would give me when he wanted to make me think something through.” Miranda said, trying not to focus on the succubus who was making kissy faces at her. ”Most of this is admittedly theoretical, and there are many more values which need be…plugged… erm… in.” Miranda turned a deep crimson as she caught a glimpse of the succubus making obscene and highly suggestive motions with her hand and tongue, only to hide them as the other wizard looking up.

”Interesting.” The wizard replied as Bukher the summoner returned with another few mages in tow. ”Please tell me someone brought the wine. We have a fun time in front of us.” With a little more glee than anyone would have otherwise expected for a glorified magical problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boxes from earlier were pushed out of the way as the wizards created as much floor space to work as they could. Miranda managed to catch most of their names in passing, but she could tell their specialities from how they approached magic. The problem of teleportation was one of many different magics interacting at once.

First was the damaged spell which the forsaken had created, which was wreaking havoc on conjuration spells which allowed for travel over any distance. Second was the distortion brought on by mage’s attempts to compensate for the drifting, which most mages do subconsciously by feeding more power into the spell in order to push through it. Third, was the problem of the dragons themselves, which having such density of aetherial particles would warp the space time on the connective plain which the magic worked through. Lastly, was a more easily solved problem of sobriety, which had a solution in a few bottles of cheap, foul tasting wine which was regretfully all they could find.

”Mordenkainen’s uncertainty principle is all well and good, but we all recognize that it doesn’t hold up as well when combining conjuration and abjuration.” Seral, one of the abjurers who was in possession of a bottle called out as she looked over the equation. ”Pascal, now there is a man who knew how to work around a shield.”

”Pascal ate mushrooms to” The wizard speaking in rebuttal held up his hands to make quotes in the air, ”expand his mind.”

”Yes, yes, the man had a solution to his many problems. It doesn’t change how that impacts the formulation of spells around corrupted shielding and relocation magics in particular. Plus let the man rest in peace. Jumped off his tower thinking he could fly, the cooky old bat.” Bottles of wine were passed around and drunk in tribute to the long dead mage as Miranda worked to revise the spellwork. Unlike many academics, her handwriting was actually legible in the presence of alcohol.

”Powering through the thing won’t work… The collapsing spell impacts any attempts to force your way through it.” Miranda said as she looked over the equation and stopped, erasing an error than correcting it.

”So let’s take a boat out to sea and cast out there. No disruptions, clear line to destination.” One (rather drunken) mage said, which prompted a collection of groans from the others.

”I tried that earlier. The spell gets distorted as soon as you cross over the outer boundary.” Miranda said as she looked over the chart. It seemed that all of them seemed stumped by the problem as they tried to think of some way through it.

Eventually it was a voice that Miranda would not have expected that offered a bit of wisdom. An evoker by the name of Mathias who offered a thought. ”I spent most of my life on a boat… And think of the distortions like the sea.” He said, prompting a series of groans from the others, leaving Miranda to suggest that this was his usual way of approaching problems. ”Hear me out. When a big storm is coming, ships head to the harbor which is often protected against the big waves coming crashing through and knocking the ships to the depths.”

”A harbor huh?” Seral said as she passed the bottle off to a necromancer who seemed to be enjoying the refreshments more than the puzzle. ”An antimagic circle should create an area of that would be free of disruptions, but casting inside it would be impossible.”

Buhker, who had been mostly silent through most of the brainstorming spoke up. ”But if you invert it, and fold it within a secondary field, you can create in insulated bubble-”

”Which should hold out the disruption for a while.” Miranda finished and set to work, creating the equations which would be required to make such an unlikely solution mathematically sound. The others watched with rapt attention as she worked, offering a small word here or there which would help her refine the equation. After 15 minutes of chalk tracing along the hard stone flooring and a few now empty bottles of wine, it was complete. It should work… Theoretically.

”We need silver, iron, and some tradesman to make this work.” Miranda said as she looked up at the others. ”A wall of stone flattened, and more chalk to trace out the patterns so that we can make sure we get this right. It can afford no errors.” She moved out of the way as the others set about working, watching as Buhker created the solid floor and helped Miranda trace out the magical circle to serve as an anchor for the usually impractical spells.

Eventually the tradesmen arrived and set about chiseling through the rock in what was the most nerve racking few minutes for the mages as they craved out the sigils. A crucible was ‘found’ from one of the blacksmiths, and Mathias set about melting some of the silver coins from Miranda’s purse and a few dozen pieces of iron that had also been ‘found’, and very, very carefully pouring it into the groves which made the giant spell circles.

Once they were certain that everything was perfect, there was nothing more to do then wait and test it. Buhker ran off to go find ‘the commander’, leaving the mages to rest and work off the buzz from the wine. Of course, Emonael took the time to whisper suggestive things in Miranda’s ear, and seemed resistant to any attempt the mage made to encourage the succubus to leave.

Last edited by KellyCat; 02-16-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 PM
Admin TeufelHeunden's Avatar
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden is offline
Ars artis gratia
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 24761
Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden Admin TeufelHeunden
Posts: 11,931
Ormarr and YnnocranYnnocran pulled back a few steps raising his head up and glancing over to Ormarr before cutting in with Sir Henry, “Sir Henry,” he started before Ormarr cut him off with a glance while he stepped in. Ynnocran lowered his head and stood aside for his master.

“What my faithful friend is trying to say,” He began, “Is not to trust this Black too much. He has made his vow to lead us to the summoning sight but do not trust him to negotiate with the others or stand beside us in battle. It is a fragile truce you have gained with a specific purpose. I would suggest that we let them gain our trust in fragile steps along the way, but keep a tight leash on them and trust nothing outside of his guidance to the summons.”

Ormarr felt a knot in his gut that was pounded hard by his thumping heartbeat. His brow wrinkled with his lips pressed flat as he cocked his head slightly looking at the Black. He had never imagined that he would have a conversation like this with a Black until this moment. However, the moment was here and this was the time. "si vur sia kiabil vsist jihai dout vow tangis though yth tepoha sworn hesi kurjh vow ekess svent wer likes di wux. yth ehtah hesina persvek unknown times tenpiswo zyak wer bensvelkilti yth shilta shio tir ui batobot winirlet enel batobot wux tepoha extended. yth geou tir hesi bensvelkilti ekess troth wux de dout kinfolk zyak yth shilta ulnaus ehtah wer source di dout loerchik vur pok coi. while yth tir ti kiwieg hesi iejir drilg lae wux claim di douta, yth enel batobot wux renthisj wer truth persvek batobot regard. origato udoka ossalur ulnaus ekess sulta wer apato ihk wux vur shio wer lyriki shafaer nomeno tolgalen, batobot ui hesi vow ekess wux." I and my companion also accept your vow even though we have sworn our own vow to slay the likes of you. We find ourselves in unknown times here so the best we can all do is that fragile trust that you have extended. We will do our best to protect you from your kinfolk so we can together find the source of your pain and stop it. While we do not feel our blood boil as you claim of yours, we trust that you speak the truth in that regard. Let us travel together to end the agony for you and all the others on this Island, that is our vow to you.**

He turned from the Black, “Sir Henry, if you can direct me to your clerics I think I need some healing before we travel outside of the stronghold you are establishing here in the Harbor. Also, it would be advisable to either bring some of your clerics along or have them prepare some magic for us to take. I fear that as we travel inland we will meet fierce resistance.”


 
__________________
My apologies to all I game with, going through some challenging times with RL at the moment but I am still here and will persavere. TY for your Patience.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-20-2018, 11:39 PM
dirkoth's Avatar
dirkoth dirkoth is offline
DnD Grognard. Look it up.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 50252
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Posts: 42,128
Sanre sighed, even as she adjusted her position on the rubble. More nerves than actual soreness, her body had long since lost the ability to be discomforted by stiff muscles, cramps, or slight pains. Still, she squirmed in her armor, until she found a different place to rest, and then continued to wipe clean her flail.

Finally, she shook her head, and growled to herself. "A sword can only be sharpened so much," she mumbled, and looked at the great flail in her hands. "A flail can be polished even less." The skeletal priestess looked about the chaos, and shook her head. Too many people, who in the seventeen holy hells brings an army to a place like this? She laughed. Worse, what kind of crazed fool comes here without one, eh Sanre?

She stood, and stretched, her bones cracking into place even as the leather holding her armor creaked from the stretching. She sought out the two somewhat familiar faces, the two that had battled the first dragon. Spotting the one called Ormarr, she moved through the crowd, to close with him. The warrior caught up to him as he approached a healing tent, conspicuously marked.

"What is the plan, here?" she asked. She pointed to the dragon, and then the others around, and finally swung her arm to encompass the entire army standing around the harbor. "What did you find from the dragon? What is going on? And who the bloody hells are these people?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-21-2018, 06:07 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is online now
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 9228
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,031
At the end of the interogation"Thank you, Ormarr. Your expertise with the Dragonkin will be invaluable. The Dragon's oath I do take with a grain of salt. I do not suspect his code of honour and mine overlap very much. I suspect he will see it through to completion, his emotions said that much. However, his definition on that point I do not expect to know until he acts otherwise." Henry gave a nod to show his appreciation for Ormarr's input. "Our field clerics have set up a treatment tent over by those broken towers. Please ask them for anything you need."


Led by Master Buhker, Henry brought the assembled volunteers over to the ad-hoc ritual site. The site of the succubus on scene made Henry's stomach churn slightly, Henry had made a mental note to let Reckosi know about the infraction. "Okay, so can someone who speaks Common explain this to me?" Henry asked, only slightly joking.

"Yes, Lord Commander," Master Mathais spoke up, "We figured out how to punch a hole in the island's defense grid, but it's a small hole and we can only sustain it for a few seconds. The resources and energy required, immense."
"Okay. How many can you send?" Henry retorted
"Theor-"
"No. How many can you send?" The knight interrupted.
Mathais thought a moment and looked around to his brothers of the quill. "... 5? 6?"
"Well, that is 6 more than it was this morning. Lieutenant?" Henry turned to one of the armoured soldiers that accompanied him. "Call Brother Rahquinous, we will need his blessing. Then bring our new friend."

A few moments later when all were gathered, an older man well into his forties, approached the circles. His skin was fair, his head bald, except for his "soul patch" of greying blonde. He was clad for battle. "Brother Rahquinous, thank you. May we receive the Lady's blessing before battle?"
"Of course my son. Please, kneel." He said calmly. The forces of Geddon kneeled.

"Our Lady of power and mercy,
maker of love and peace,
to know you is to live,
and to serve you is to reign.
Through the intercession of St. Heironeous, the archpaladin,
be our protection in battle against all evil.
Help us to overcome war and violence
and to establish your law of love and justice.
Grant this through our faith.
Amen."


"Amen" was resounded by all and they all stood up. "Thank you, Brother." The two shook hands before departing. Not long after the clerics departure, the black dragon arrived under escort, lead by Mypirus.

"I trust you can push this to seven, yes?"

 
__________________
June 12th UPDATE: Being an Adult is lame. Too many responsibilities...

Last edited by irishking7777; 02-21-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-22-2018, 12:19 AM
KellyCat's Avatar
KellyCat KellyCat is offline
Evil kitten
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 3782
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Posts: 3,248
Miranda looked up from the work she was doing on double checking the spellwork that had been etched into the ground and heard the prayer which was being said. She returned to her work, figuring that time was important. Each of the lines of power needed to be perfect. A crack on the inner circle would wash out any spell you tried to cast, and a flaw on the outer circle would not allow for the stability required to compensate for the island's disruptions.

She was reasonably certain about the spellwork, abjuration was not her strong suit after all... but it should hold. "Serel, can you come..." Miranda started, and realized that the majority of her helping casters had disappeared to the call for prayer. "Great. Leave the conjurer alone with the spell work which could theoretically turn a botched casting into a giant crater."

"Oh I would never leave you alone." Purred the succubus as she ran two of her fingers down the young mage's spine, causing her to shiver. "What do you say we get out of here, leave these stuffy people to their own devices?"

Miranda closed her eyes as she focused and blocked out the vivid mental images of what she assumed the succubus was implying. Counting down from ten in elvish, she regained her focus. "For the seventeenth time, I appreciate your offer, but no thank you." Miranda said, turning back to her spellwork as she started to make some overlapping chalk circles which would reinforce the casting of teleport. By now her fingers were thoroughly covered in chalk dust and the first of her sticks had been worn to almost nothing.

The prayer ended and Miranda looked up as Henry came in her direction. "You need to understand that the spellwork which allows the casting is very very fragile. Buhker isn't kidding when he said this is all highly theoretical. At best, you may have twelve seconds to work within. At worst, two or three seconds." Miranda said as she sat back and straightened her back out, and was rewarded with a few popping vertebrae.

"The teleport needs to be cast quickly to ensure safety, given that if the circles collapse before the spell completes, you could face a feedback loop." She said as tried to keep it as free from technical terms as she could, "A mage of the 5th circle can cast teleport and carry three people with them. 8th circle mages should be able to carry five at best plus themselves. I can manage 6 in normal situations." The young mage said, trying not to brag, but her skillset in this field was much prefered.

"The problem..." Miranda said as she looked up at the dragon and griffon, "Is that the spell is built around the proportions of a humanoid. I can take the dragons, griffon or Sanre's unholy mount, but they take up twice as much power as you or I." Miranda closed her eyes as she did some mental math, and was very disturbed by the answers she was coming up with. "If... I pushed myself to the limit, I could, theoretically take 7 or so humanoid equivalents. You, me, Sanre, Ynnocran and his rider, and the griffon. The unholy monstrocity or the black dragon is stretching everything to the breaking point, and at best 50/50 odds on if I can do it. Lower if I was to try for both."

Miranda closed her eyes, and she could feel the headache coming on. "We will need to discuss destinations and compensation through. I am not one of your soldiers and I didn't sign on to fight your war. I am here to bring my master home to rest, not free a goddess."

Last edited by KellyCat; 02-22-2018 at 12:17 PM. Reason: #metoo
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-25-2018, 03:39 PM
irishking7777's Avatar
irishking7777 irishking7777 is online now
yvan eht nioj
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 9228
irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777 irishking7777
Posts: 3,031
Just like that, the safety and security of all those on the island were being held, hostages to the heartless mage behind a pretty face. The Lord-Commander visibly deflated as he prepared mentally for the coming negotiation process. After the failure of the Fourth Crusade, Henry had dealt with war profiting. While the country was falling to shambles around them, all they could focus on was their coin purse. Henry simply couldn't fathom that type of behaviour. To him, it was like taxing the town guard for having come to save you from a fire.

Henry could hear the black dragon give a soft chuckle.

"Lady Miranda, let us make sure we understand each other. While Dragons are terrorizing, killing, and destroying everything on this island, with complete disregard as to why anyone of these souls is here in the first place, you are willing to stall the rescue of all those still trapped on the interior of the island so you can line your pockets with gold?" Henry asked, his face and tone neutral.

"Our war? This island matters little to the Geddon Empire. As of a few weeks ago, we did not know of its existence. However, it was shown to us that an Ancient King of our people had made a treaty with the Forsaken, a five-hundred-year-old promise, and we are here to honour that accord because that is the type of people we are."

"If it is business you wish, then business you'll have." Henry reached under his cloak and pulled out a bag, seeming to be bursting at the seem. "500ppThis purse should have the days earnings plus my personal reserves. I am requesting your services to transport myself and six others to the centre of Shonugun so we may relieve the entrenched forces there and put an end to this madness."

An Exert from "Lord Kilmoore III, The Ioun Inccidents" by Ren of the LuteAnd it is, for this reason, that many scholars believe the college's of Geddon refer to the following magic ritual as the Mathais-Buhker technique.
__________________
June 12th UPDATE: Being an Adult is lame. Too many responsibilities...

Last edited by irishking7777; 02-25-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-25-2018, 10:18 PM
KellyCat's Avatar
KellyCat KellyCat is offline
Evil kitten
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 3782
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Posts: 3,248
Miranda looked at the man and bit her tongue. Quite hard in fact, given by the coppery taste that she was experiencing in her mouth. "I am here to lay my master to rest." She said simply, turning back to her work as she fought back a lot of what she had been feeling for this entire time. He doesn't understand. She thought to herself as she resisted the urge to keep from screaming at the man. "I am here to take my teacher home for the last time, you ask me to detour from my quest."

She motioned towards the spell circle. "What you ask me to attempt could kill me if I make but the simplest of errors in either my arithmetic or my spellwork, and my master would never be laid to rest if that happened. What sort of student would I be if I failed in his final quest?" Miranda rubbed her arm across her face, and it dawned on her that she hadn't truly cried since her mentor died. She had always been too busy. Too busy seeing to the others. Too busy making sure the tower was taken care of. Too busy with all the million little things that needed doing before coming here.

She turned to the spellwork, and started double checking each of the lines and spellwork as she prepared, not having taken the bag of coins. Her heart just wasn't in it. The spell was fine, it should work... but honestly she struggled to care. I could easily just go home. Miranda thought to herself, It would be easy. Wait until things die down, then come here when there are no dragons messing with the aetherial flow.

"Go gather your choices." She half muttered as she checked over the lines one last time. Each perfectly placed, each perfectly aligned... She should have felt proud, her accomplishment was a work of art... but it felt like ash inside her, empty. Very carefully, she took her place inside the circle and went through the motions that would be attached to the spell. Her body moved through muscle memory alone, tracing familiar patterns as she practiced so that the casting would be perfect once the time came.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-28-2018, 09:21 AM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 19680
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,351
Ormarr heard the approach of the bone knight, which was hard to miss for many reasons. The woman stood out in stark contrast to the soldiers of the Holy Empire of Geddon, with her bone armor and the unholy aura she exuded. That, and the questions she was voicing in rapid succession.

Quote:
"What is the plan, here?" she asked. She pointed to the dragon, and then the others around, and finally swung her arm to encompass the entire army standing around the harbor. "What did you find from the dragon? What is going on? And who the bloody hells are these people?"
Deciding to take the simplest approach, as Ormarr was not a verbose man, replied, "We travel to Shonugun, where we likely kill more dragons. According to the dragon, whatever summons them originates there." He paused a moment, contemplating how best to answer her question regarding the army now occupying the harbor, for in truth he knew little more than she. "These soldiers are the enemy of my enemy, and that makes them my ally for now."

He then walked away from her, not due to any displeasure at her company, but because he had wounds that needed mending before they moved further inland.

Henry made his call to prayer, and all that chose to join did so. The blessings of the Lady graced all those participating, which was an oddity in itself, considering that particular goddess was supposedly no longer among the living. The clerics of the Empire were secular in their beliefs, which was too long and complicated a tale for the moment. Regardless, the gift was bestowed, and those thus blessed felt holy energies infuse their persons.

Preparations now complete, those present moved towards area that Miranda had been meticulously preparing for the upcoming travel spell. The mages of Geddon acting as her supporting cast, as none of them could even compare to the arcane mastery of the strange girl. Many whispered at the intricacies of her spell, making notes in their journals for future use. In one effort, she had advanced the knowledge of nearly a dozen mages. Knowledge that would go on to benefit the Empire of Geddon for years to come. As Henry discussed final preparations with the mages, he couldn't help but hear their whispered praises and awe struck tones.

Ormarr emerged from the improvised medical tent to find soldiers escorting the black dragon towards the teleportation site. Ynnocarn walked in step with his chromatic cousin, though neither appeared to be speaking or even acknowledging each other. He moved between them, standing at a forward angle to the black so that it could see him plainly. Not in an attempt to intimidate the beast, but rather to reassure the dragon that he would remain near it to avoid any mishaps that might befall the reptile. There was still a great deal of hatred built up among these soldiers of Geddon, and it would not do to have their best source of information indisposed due to an "accident."

They arrived at the arcane site to witness the exchange between Henry and Miranda. The tension was so thick one could cut it with a knife. When their conversation was finished, there was an uncomfortable silence for a moment. One of the company mages cleared his throat, and moved towards the bag of cash. When Henry moved to stop him, another mage softly placed his hand on the Commader's arm and gave him a pleading look, stalling Henry's advance.

When he reached the bag, the mage crouched over it, not collecting the bag. Instead, he sat staring at it for a moment, his gaze shifting between the now despondent woman and the reward. His gaze was unreadable, but he was clearly contemplating some sort of action. Silence held the scene rapt, even the black dragon observing the event in silence. After a moment, the mage reached down for the satchel and undid the strings. The platinum pieces poured out on the ground, a fortune by most men's standards. He combed them into a single pile, as would a gardener gather dirt over a freshly planted seed. Satisfied, he began making arcane gestures and whispering the slippery unknowable words of a spell. The coins began to glow, appearing red hot for a moment before beginning to melt and reshape. Blending together into a solid, mercurial ball, the orb of platinum hovered a hand's breadth above the ground before began to alter its shape once again.

Elongating and thinning, it reached for the ground, flattening it's base into a circular pattern. From there, it grew upwards, forming an open tipped cone, hollow on the interior. From inside this cone emerged five intertwining stems, their sparkling metallic bodies paralleling each other in a swirling upward growth. Leaves sprouted from the platinum stems, lifelike and indiscernible from their organic counterparts if not for the metallic sheen. Upon reaching the appropriate height, five perfect chrome roses bloomed. Their detail was breath taking, just as life like as any rose nature could produce.

The transformation complete, the mage gently picked up the platinum roses and walked to where Miranda knelt. He set the gift beside her and said in a barely audible whisper, "Then a gift, Mistress, to place upon your Master's resting place. He must have been a remarkable man to raise such a student. What you have taught us this day cannot be repaid, so please take this gift in earnest from the mages of Geddon."

Unable to meet her eyes, for tears had clouded his own, he then returned to his fellow wizards, who's expressions one and all shared his expression of gratitude for all she had shown them. All present now awaited Miranda's direction, should she still deign to give it.

OoCI hope I didn't miss anything, but I believe we are all ready to go. Kellycat has asked to post the start of the teleport spell, so I will allow her to post that. I will then post again with the result and setting the next scene.
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II | Twilight Skies Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl) | Shades of Eberron (Korvus)

Last edited by Toba; 02-28-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-01-2018, 10:37 AM
KellyCat's Avatar
KellyCat KellyCat is offline
Evil kitten
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 3782
KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat KellyCat
Posts: 3,248
Miranda was wrapped up in her feelings and spellwork and did not notice until the other man started to cast the spell as her attention drew away from her work to watch. His spell was as much a piece of art as her own spellwork, something that required both raw talent and passion to perform. She watched in awe, seeing the man work the equivalent of twenty years worth of sales from her family’s farm into a work of true beauty.

Reaching out, she gently took the creation in her hands and held it much like it was made of glass and one wrong breath would shatter it into a million pieces. Very tenderly, she placed the roses into her bag and once it was secured, she bowed to the other mages. She had been debating leaving Henry here just a few moments earlier, but the respect showed to her by her peers seemed to have redeemed the nation in her eyes (though Henry himself did no favors). ”I…” She started, but the words seemed to lodge in her throat and refused to form. ”It... would be my honor to give this to him. Thank you.” Miranda’s voice was soft, her voice barely carrying as she bowed deeply.

Taking a few moments to collect herself, she focused on what it is she had to do. ”Serel, please perform one last check of the spellwork. Bukhar and Mathias, clear a space of 75 feet around the casting area…” Miranda trusted her spellwork, but the potential for a blowback of a feedback loop was too much of a worry for those who would be unlikely to protect themselves from a spell gone awry.

”Make sure every caster who is assisting is warded against fire, wind and sound.” Miranda said as she made sure that every precaution was taken against a backlash. She let out a small breath as her mind was drawn into the past. The thoughts of her teacher and the words of the other mages stuck with her, calling up a memory.

On The Shoulders Of Giants. Miranda, age 19 summersIt had been a hard day for Miranda, studying had gone poorly as her master had tried to teach her a spell which she had no real aptitude for and it had left both the teacher and student frustrated. She had escaped up to top of the tower with her quilt and watched the stars from one of the benches which had been placed by students long since moved on. The stars had always been a comfort for her, and the lack of even the most basic of street lamps had created the perfect spot from which to see them.

The trap door creaked as Miranda looked over to see the white haired elf come up to join her. His movements slow and steady but which still showed hints of the grace of which his people were famous for. Miranda pretended not to notice her teacher as he took a seat on the second bench and then carefully laid back to join her in viewing the stars.

”Master, are you having trouble sleeping also?” Miranda asked, expecting the wizard to give her a lecture about the importance of sleep, or studying or any number of things which she was already mentally beating herself up for from today alone. It had not been a good day.

The elf looked up at the stars and took in the sight, as if it was something which he seldom found the time to do anymore. His voice had a tired sound to it, more tired than Miranda had possibly ever heard him. ”I feel I am failing you as a teacher.” He said, and before Miranda could respond to his statement, he shushed her with a soft touch to her shoulder. ”The other students were easy… They dreamed of power, of might, of influence… Or other things like escape and vengeance. Those things are easy to understand. I can teach you how to bring those things into being.”

”Master I-” Miranda started, but his grip said that he wasn’t done talking.

”You don’t want power for the sake of power. You don’t want to fight in the war, or protect the people, or acquire influence in the outside world. You haven't even taken vengeance on your father.” Miranda started to protest and was again shushed. ”You wouldn’t be the first student of mine to drop an abusive parent into the lake from a height.” The elf said, and Miranda felt a little shame as she had imagined doing things much worse to her father, though had never acted upon it.

”I don’t understand what it is you want Miranda.” Master Amakiir told her, and for a moment she felt like she was talking to the man, not the teacher. She looked over at him and took in the sight of the man, and realized how tired he was. He was old in a way that Miranda would never quite understand or truly appreciate.

”Master, I…” She started, then stopped. Her teacher wasn’t looking for reassurances about his teaching abilities or his skills, he was trying to understand his student. ”Master… For the first time in my life, I feel at peace with myself. My body and mind don’t war with each other, my spirit is at peace… I feel whole in ways I never imagined. You have given me more than I could even know how to ask for… Master, how can I in good conscience ask you for any greater gifts than you have already given me?’ Miranda’s voice was small and she struggled to put a lot of what she had felt into words.

”Had you not taken me in… What sort of life would I have had? Be like my brothers, marry some girl, have some kids? Or just wait until my father caved in my skull after drinking too much?” She said, feeling shame at the words coming from her lips.

Her teacher listened quietly, taking in her words without judgement, then let out a deep breath. Miranda could tell it wasn’t the answer he was looking for, and she gently bent her knees and let them sway from side to side. ”Master… What is it that you hope for?” She asked, looking towards the man who had taken her in.

He looked quietly up at the stars as he pondered the question for a few moments. ”Do you remember the first lesson that I taught you Miranda?” He asked, which provoked a nod from his young student. ”Wizards stand on the shoulders of giants, lifted up generation by generation by those who come before us. Every spell, every research note, everything we will ever perform is based upon those who blazed the trail to you.”

The old elf continued, looking over towards Miranda with a smile that part of her wished her own father could have looked at her with. ”I hope for the same thing that every teacher and parent hopes of. That one day, their students will rise above them. To blaze a trail which others might follow, that they will be my legacy.”

Miranda smiled, and returned to looking at the stars. ”Then that is what I want Master. To someday rise up with my own hands. To carry on your legacy.” She said, though her desires seemed to have been interrupted by the soft snoring of her teacher. Tenderly she took the blanket and wrapped it around the elf and placed a tender kiss upon his forehead. ”Good night Master.”


Miranda looked over the spellwork as she focused on what she was doing. In truth, she was not expecting that today was the day that she would be attempting something beyond her teacher’s skills to perform... But it seemed that the universe had other plans than what we expect.

Her eyes traced over the fine lines as ideas for new spells began to form as she prepared herself to cast. I could adapt this to create a more stable long term portal if I had the power. She thought to herself with a smile, mentally creating a system of teleports which could change the world if she had the capital to create it with. I wonder what you would think of that Master? She asked herself with a smile.

On seeing that people were gathered and all the spellwork was completed, she looked towards Serel and Bukhar who were going to be working the protective circles for the casting. ”Your timing must be perfect. Watch for spell cancelations and counterspells working their way through your castings.” She said, giving them a reminder as to be aware of what they were attempting.

She held up her left hand and started to count down with her fingers as she waited for the two to cast their spells. Once they were in place and holding, she quickly called up her magic and formed her spell with lightning fast precision in the moments before the inevitable collapse of the anti magic circles.

Last edited by KellyCat; 03-01-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Toba's Avatar
Toba Toba is offline
We're All Mad Here
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2018
RPXP: 19680
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
Posts: 7,351
TransitionAnd with that, we will combine this thread into Chapter 3.1: The Siege of Shonugun!
__________________
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill
GM: Echoes of Divinity II | Twilight Skies Player: The Lost Coast(Breck&Earl) | Shades of Eberron (Korvus)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB