RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > Origin > Guardians of the North
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18091
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Homebrew and Rules of the Game

Here will be posted all Homebrew material which will be allowed in game, as well as relevant rules of game and rulings to mechanics which have been established.

Rules of PlayPosting rate: 1-2 per week.

Your descriptions should be in plain text, Speech in Bold, character thoughts in italics, Telepathic communication in Blue.

Character Portraits: Please use character portraits in your posts. It helps me quickly identify posts and I find it adds dimension to the thread. I also recommend using Fieldsets to tidy up the post. Please place OOC text in Spoiler tags to keep the post nice and neat as well.
-Social Rules

1. Fraternity: Be supportive of others in and out of character.

2. Responsiveness: Don't make the DM or the game wait. Post within 7 days of the DM's post. If you're going to be away for more than 7 days, please let everyone know in the OOC thread.

3. Feedback and Rapport: All players are expected to use the tools at your disposal to provide feedback/appreciation to your DM, and build rapport with your other players. Do this by posting comments via RPXP or in the OOC thread about the game, the writing, the pace, the NPCs, the world, etc.

4. Interaction: Your character is a part of a group. No one goes walking for days through a haunted forest without talking. You need to communicate, contribute to in-character conversations, and engage the rest of the party. Speaking to others in-character is essential. "Thanks!"

5. Character Limitations and Development: Your character is not static! He should have a fault or weakness that he struggles with, and he should be growing, changing, learning -- not just on a mechanics level, but rather on a personality level.

6. Attention: Pay attention to the details of the other posts, incorporate them in your own post. Be attentive to your own writing style.

7. Creativity: Good solutions, original thoughts, unexpected moves... these are expected.

8. Good Post Karma: What is it that makes a quality post? A lot of things blended together, like juicy details, thoughtfulness, world expansion, heroic deeds, and overall intangible-awesomeness.

9. Drama: Check the melodrama at the door. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. Make suggestions, play the game, ask questions, interact, banter, joke around and all of that, but don't be a jerk.
Character Creation

Regarding Combat
Regarding Languages
Regarding Feats
Regarding Psionics
Regarding Religion
Regarding Leadership
Regarding Custom Weapon Design
Regarding Unchained
Regarding Hero Points
Regarding Spells
Regarding Slavery
Regarding Weapons
Regarding Archery
Regarding Unchained Kineticist
Regarding Nanuq

Last edited by LeoByron; 06-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
<< Regarding Combat >>

CombatCombat:

During Combat, I would ask that you include the following information in each of your posts:

All Dice rolls should be hidden using the [TT] [*/TT] command, in thread, or use whatever inline operators you prefer, or rolled in the Dice thread and linked in your post.

If you prepare spells, Psionic powers or Maneuvers, list them in your posts using whatever method you deem appropriate.

List of Buffs: Include a list of all active buffs and their duration.

List your Armor Class, Touch AC, Flat-footed AC.

Please include pertinent skills like Perception & Sense Motive though you can include more if you feel it is appropriate.

I encourage the use of tables to present this information in a clear and concise manner.

Please include a brief list of actions your character would prefer if NPCing for a round should become necessary. This can also include your character's priorities for Attacks of Opportunity or other Immediate Actions he might like to have triggered if appropriate circumstances turn up.
InitiativeInitiative:

I will be using initiative rules, but only for the Surprise round and the 1st round of combat.

When an encounter occurs, combat will unfold in the following way:

Surprise Round:

- Perception checks will be made to determine surprise.
- Initiative rolls will be made by everyone.
- Those players whose Perception check results were sufficient to detect the enemy will act in the Surprise round.
- The DM will roll Perception and Initiative for the enemy and reveal the result of Initiative.
- Those players whose Initiative result exceeded that of the enemies will get to act immediately, on a first-come-first-served basis, assuming their Perception checks were sufficient to allow actions during the surprise round.
- Enemies will act during the Surprise Round, if their Perception checks permitted them to do so.
- Players who did not exceed Enemy initiative will act, on a first-come-first-served basis.

Regular Rounds:

- Players whose Initiative rolls were higher than the enemies' will act on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Enemies will act
- Play will continue for all players on a first-come-first-served basis, even if they acted before the enemies.
- Once all players have acted, enemies will act.
- Play will alternate between players and enemies until combat is over, always on a first-come-first-served basis.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<< Regarding Languages >>

When speaking in a language other than Common, please post what you wish to say into Google Translate, copy what they give you into your post, and then TT tag it, so that people can hover over the symbols to figure out what you're saying.

This is the list AtallaWanderer and others have decided on. I am using this with permission. This is for RP purposes; try to not be offended by it, as it was chosen based on how the written language looks, and isn't meant to reflect the nationalities or people who use them.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<< Regarding Feats >>

FeatsWe will be using Michael Iantorno's Pathfinder Feat tax Fix.

Last edited by LeoByron; 06-08-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<< Regarding Psionics >>

PsionicsI will be using Diminished Effects rules variant for Psionic/magic transparency. Dispel psionics might have a 50% chance to work against magic, and vice versa for dispel magic to affect powers, while creatures with power resistance will be treated as having spell resistance equal to half their power resistance. Additionally, the Spellcraft skill for manifesters is renamed to psicraft, and skill points in one skill do not give any training in the other. Similarly, the Use Magic Device skill for psionic items is instead Use psionic Device, and skill points in one skill do not give any training in the other.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<< Regarding Religion >> WIP

Gaia
left-aligned image
Gaia "The Mother"

Alignment: True Neutral

Portfolio: Goddess of the Earth, Creator of All, The Mother.

Domains: All

Favoured Weapon: All

Gaia, or The Mother, is the Creator of Origin and of all the Prime worlds. She is increasingly worshiped on Origin as a Monotheistic Deity encompassing all religious portfolios, granting access to those Domains that best fit the worshiper's personal set of beliefs. She is especially close to those whose alignments fall under the Neutral axis and has been known to answer the prayers of such Druids or Clerics directly. She is above all else a Goddess of Nature, but her role in the creation of the world has open all spheres of influence to her.

The People of Origin still worship many Deities so the following Gods of the Golarion Mythos are available for worship.

Deity AL Portfolios Domains Favored Weapon
Erastil LG God of farming, hunting, trade, family Animal, Community, Good, Law, Plant longbow
Iomedae LG Goddess of valor, rulership, justice, honor Glory, Good, Law, Sun, War longsword
Torag LG God of the forge, protection, strategy Artifice, Earth, Good, Law, Protection warhammer
Sarenrae NG Goddess of the sun, redemption, honesty, healing Fire, Glory, Good, Healing, Sun scimitar
Shelyn NG Goddess of beauty, art, love, music Air, Charm, Good, Luck, Protection glaive
Desna CG Goddess of dreams, stars, travelers, luck Chaos, Good, Liberation, Luck, Travel starknife
Cayden Cailean CG God of freedom, ale, wine, bravery Chaos, Charm, Good, Strength, Travel rapier
Abadar LN God of cities, wealth, merchants, law Earth, Law, Nobility, Protection, Travel light crossbow
Irori LN God of history, knowledge, self-perfection Healing, Knowledge, Law, Rune, Strength unarmed strike
Gozreh N Deity of nature, weather, the sea Air, Animal, Plant, Water, Weather trident
Pharasma N Goddess of fate, death, prophecy, birth Death, Healing, Knowledge, Repose, Water dagger
Nethys N God of magic Destruction, Knowledge, Magic, Protection, Rune quarterstaff
Gorum CN God of strength, battle, weapons Chaos, Destruction, Glory, Strength, War greatsword
Calistria CN Goddess of trickery, lust, revenge Chaos, Charm, Knowledge, Luck, Trickery whip
Asmodeus LE God of tyranny, slavery, pride, contracts Evil, Fire, Law, Magic, Trickery mace
Zon-Kuthon LE God of envy, pain, darkness, loss Darkness, Death, Destruction, Evil, Law spiked chain
Urgathoa NE Goddess of gluttony, disease, undeath Death, Evil, Magic, Strength, War scythe
Norgorber NE God of greed, secrets, poison, murder Charm, Death, Evil, Knowledge, Trickery short sword
Lamashtu CE Goddess of madness, monsters, nightmares Chaos, Evil, Madness, Strength, Trickery falchion
Rovagug CE God of wrath, disaster, destruction Chaos, Destruction, Evil, War, Weather greataxe

The Deities of Greyhawk are also worshiped with some prevalence on Origin and the following Deities are also available.

Deity AL Portfolios Domains Favored Weapon
Boccob N Magic, Knowledge Knowledge, Magic, Mind, Oracle, Planning, Trickery Quarterstaff
Corellon Larethian CG God of the Elves, magic, music, arts, crafts, poetry, and warfare Chaos, Community, Elf, Good, Magic, Protection, Sin-Pride, War longsword
Ehlonna NG Goddess of the woodlands Animal, Celerity, Good, Plant, Sun longsword
Erythnul CE God of Slaughter Chaos, Evil, Madness, Sin-Gluttony, Sin-Wrath, Trickery, War Morningstar
Fharlanghn N God of the roads Balance, Celerity, Luck, Portal, Portal (alt), Protection, Travel, Weather quarterstaff
Garl Glittergold NG God of the Gnomes Community, Craft, Creation, Gnome, Good, Law, Protection, Sin-Avarice, Sin-Envy, Trickery battleaxe
Gruumsh CE God of the Orcs Cavern, Chaos, Domination, Evil, Hatred, Orc, Sin-Lust, Sin-Wrath, Strength, War spear
Heironeous LG God of Valor Courage, Destiny, Glory, Good, Inquisition, Law, Nobility, Sin-Pride, Sin-Wrath, War longsword
Hextor LE God of Tyranny Destruction, Domination, Evil, Law, Sin-Pride, Sin-Wrath, Tyranny, War flail
Kord CG God of Strength Chaos, Competition, Good, Luck, Sin-Wrath, Strength greatsword
Moradin LG God of the Dwarves, smithing, metalworking, engineering, war Craft, Creation, Dwarf, Earth, Good, Law, Portal, Portal (alt), Protection, Sin-Avarice, Sin-Pride, Sin-Wrath warhammer
Nerull NE God of Death Death, Evil, Fate, Pestilence, Sin-Envy, Trickery scythe
Obad-Hai N God of Nature Air, Animal, Balance, Earth, Fate, Fire, Plant, Water, Weather quarterstaff
Olidammara CN God of rogues, wine, lust, song Celerity, Chaos, City, Luck, Mind, Sin-Avarice, Sin-Lust, Sin-Sloth, Trickery rapier
Jove LG God of the Sun Community, Glory, Good, Healing, Nobility, Sin-Pride, Strength, Sun Heavy Mace
St. Cuthbert LN God of Retribution Destruction, Domination, Law, Protection, Sin-Wrath, Strength Heavy Mace
Vecna NE God of Secrets Destiny, Evil, Knowledge, Madness, Magic, Planning, Portal, Portal (alt), Sin-Pride, Tyranny dagger
Wee Jas LN Goddess of Death and Magic Death, Domination, Law, Magic, Mind, Planning, Portal, Portal (alt), Sin-Pride, Tyranny dagger
Yondalla CG Goddess of Halflings Community, Courage, Creation, Family, Good, Halfling, Law, Protection, Sin-Gluttony short sword

Other Deities may be available on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited by LeoByron; 01-15-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Leadership >>>

The Leadership Feat is a popular and powerful Feat. I allow it because I feel it adds richness and realism to the game in that it grants the followers and servants that powerful characters often have. Powerful individuals usually have keeps, castles or settlements of their own and they need staff for day to day operations and to protect their holdings in their absence.

I approve the Feat with the following Caveat: Do not break the game.

I am aware of some of the shenanigans that can be accomplished using this Feat and I have no interest in characters who use chain Leadership to acquire an actual army in-game. I am aware of other ways this Feat can break games and I trust that it will not be exploited for anything other than to add utility and richness to the story.

I add the following restrictions on the Feat:

- No Cohort or Follower can have the Leadership Feat.
- Cohorts will be built using the 25 point buy
- Equipment for Cohorts will be purchased using the Heroic NPC value from the Gear section in Creating NPC's. Add 1 to your Cohort's level for a Fast Advancement game and double the listed values for a High Fantasy game.
- Followers will be largely side-lined in the game and should play only a limited role in the game.
- Followers can only have levels in one of the NPC classes listed here.
- Followers will generally disdain adventuring and will prefer to remain in civilized areas. Some may agree to come along as servants if reasonable precautions are taken to ensure their safety in the wilds.
- Put in the work. Players who take the Leadership Feat will be responsible to track experience and number of followers and that all facets of their Feat are up to date. Effort must also be taken to create a bio and story for the Cohort and how these followers came to serve the character.

and finally:

Do not break the game with this Feat.

Last edited by LeoByron; 09-04-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Custom Weapon Design >>>

We will be implementing a homebrew Custom Weapon Design. It is a system designed by Lemmy called Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System.

It can be found here.

Last edited by LeoByron; 09-27-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Unchained >>>

The four Unchained Classes presented here are approved for use.

These are:

Unchained Barbarian
Unchained Monk
Unchained Rogue
Unchained Summoner

The use of these variants is entirely optional and multiclassing between regular and unchained versions of the same class is prohibited.

Furthermore, I will approve Unchained unlocks of various Skills on a case-by-case basis on request only.

So far, the following Skills have been approved for Unchained Unlocking:

Intimidate
Old 09-28-2017, 03:53 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Hero Points >>>

Hero Points

Last edited by LeoByron; 09-28-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Spells >>>

Last edited by LeoByron; 06-11-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Slavery >>>

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-27-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:54 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Weapons >>>

Glove of Storing can now be used in a pair, one in each hand. It's just silly otherwise.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<<< Regarding Archers >>>

Fighters who favour archery as well as Zen Archers now have the option to trade one of their class bonus feats for one of the following abilities:

Sniper: When using the full attack option, the Targetteer can sacrifice attacks to gain deadly accuracy. For each attack from a full attack sacrificed the threat range of the Targetteer's weapon increases by 1. Thus if the Targetteer's ranged attack normally has a threat range of 19-20, sacrificing one attack from a full attack would increase the threat range to 18-20. A sacrificed attack only enhances the next attack. However, a Targetteer can sacrifice multiple attacks to further increase the threat range. A Targetteer cannot sacrifice all attacks from a full attack action.

Vital Aim: The Targetteer may add his Dexterity modifier to his damage rolls with a ranged-weapon attack instead of his Strength bonus. The Targetteer cannot replace a Strength penalty to damage rolls with his Dexterity modifier unless his Dexterity modifier is also a penalty. The Targetteer cannot use his Dexterity modifier to replace his Strength modifier when attacking creatures immune to critical hits.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:31 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
<< Regarding Kineticist >>

The Kineticist is a fascinating class in my opinion, however it is lacking in certain areas that have caused some to call it the worst class in Pathfinder. I propose the following minor changes to the class to make it more palatable.

The Unchained KineticistUnchained Kineticists are living channels for elemental matter and energy, manipulating the world around them by drawing upon inner reserves from their own bodies. Unchained Kineticists often awaken to their kinetic abilities during a violent or traumatic experience, releasing their power involuntarily. As kinetic power is seldom inherited, Unchained Kineticists are rarely able to find mentors to guide them, so they must delve into these mysteries on their own to learn to control their gifts.

Role: Unchained Kineticists generally use their powers to assail their foes from range, but based on the way their talents develop, they can channel their kinetic abilities for a variety of situations. Unchained Kineticists are usually quite different from their families and friends, so they often strike out on their own or alongside others with extraordinary talents.

Alignment: Any.

Hit Die: d10.

Starting Wealth: 1d6 10 gp (average 35 gp.) In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less.

Class Skills

The Unchained Kineticist’s class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (The Planes) (Int), Perception (Wis), Profession (Wis), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Table: Unchained Kineticist
Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
1st +1 +2 +2 +0 Burn, Elemental Focus, Gather Power, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Kinetic Blast, AC Bonus +0
2nd +2 +3 +3 +0 Elemental Defense, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
3rd +3 +3 +3 +1 Elemental Overflow +1, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
4th +4 +4 +4 +1 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), AC Bonus +1.
5th +5 +4 +4 +1 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Infusion Specialization, Metakinesis (Empower).
6th +6/+1 +5 +5 +2 Elemental Overflow +2, Internal Buffer 2, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
7th +7/+2 +5 +5 +2 Expanded Element, Metakinesis (Maximize).
8th +8/+3 +6 +6 +2 Infusion Specialization 2, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), AC Bonus +2.
9th +9/+4 +6 +6 +3 Elemental Overflow +3, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
10th +10/+5 +7 +7 +3 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Metakinesis (Quicken).
11th +11/+6/+1 +7 +7 +3 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Infusion Specialization 3, Internal Buffer 4, Supercharge.
12th +12/+7/+2 +8 +8 +4 Elemental Overflow +4, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), AC Bonus +3.
13th +13/+8/+3 +8 +8 +4 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
14th +14/+9/+4 +9 +9 +4 Infusion Specialization 4, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
15th +15/+10/+5 +9 +9 +5 Expanded Element, Elemental Overflow +5, Metakinesis (Twice).
16th +16/+11/+6/+1 +10 +10 +5 Composite Specialization, Internal Buffer 6, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), AC Bonus +4.
17th +17/+12/+7/+2 +10 +10 +5 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Infusion Specialization 5.
18th +18/+13/+8/+3 +11 +11 +6 Elemental Overflow +6, Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one).
19th +19/+14/+9/+4 +11 +11 +6 Infusion or Utility Wild Talent (Pick one), Metakinetic Master.
20th +20/+15/+10/+5 +12 +12 +6 Infusion Specialization 6, Omnikinesis, AC Bonus +5.

Class Features
Class features for the Unchained Kineticist are identical to those of the Kineticist except as shown in the table above and in regards to their weapon and armor proficiency shown below.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Unchained Kineticists are proficient with all simple weapons. Unchained Kineticist are not proficient with armor of any kind.

AC Bonus
When unarmored and unencumbered, the Unchained Kineticist adds his Constitution bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. In addition, an Unchained Kineticist gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four Unchained Kineticist levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the Unchained Kineticist is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.

New Feat: Burn Affinity.
New Archetype: Unchained Overwhelming Soul.

Last edited by LeoByron; 06-08-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Closed Thread