RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 31165
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 33,990
The Exit

All of a sudden, you're back outside! The day is bright and sunny, and you're in a wide open field. One of the judges, a cheerful-looking man with rosy cheeks and a huge golden trophy beckons you to come closer so he can hand you your reward for all your great work. A group of others - perhaps other judges, perhaps VIPs, applaud politely behind him.
__________________
I'm SO BUSY. I want to update more, but I've only got so many hours in a day.
Great Player || Great DM || Great Guy || Published Author|| Straight Path Games || Ronar's Twitter
  #2  
Old 05-24-2018, 08:57 AM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 16750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 6,183
Ander: Disco Inferno
right-aligned image
Ander squinted at the sun grateful to be out in the open once more. He looked up at the sun and tried to gauge how long he'd been inside The Mad God's maze. Something tickled at the back of his neck. "This doesn't match the stories we've told of the maze. Could things have changed this much?" He stopped his advance and rubbed his chin. "I couldn't be the winner could I? My luck was not great,but perhaps the others had worse? He also never said I was the winner. Perhaps they are at an even more elaborate celebration?"

Ander eyed the judge and his trophy suspiciously for a moment, he retrieved his magic gem from its pouch and then examined the group. Satisfied that everything was on the level, he approached the judges. "Thank you for this treasure servant of The Mad God. I will take it and go. I have no time for after celebrations, parades, feasts, whatever you have planned after the final bell has tolled. He stopped before the judge and reached his hand out for his prize.

.


OOC/Rolls I'd like to use my gem of seeing
Dice perception:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9


I'll continue as written if nothing seems out of the ordinary

If there are shinanagns, I'd like to use my feral instinct ability

Quote:
F e r a l I n s t i n c t
By 7th level, your instincts are so honed that you have advantage on initiative rolls.

Additionally, if you are surprised at the beginning of combat and arenít incapacitated, you can act normally on your first turn, but only if you enter your rage before doing anything else on that turn.



 
__________________
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Last edited by Imveros; 05-24-2018 at 08:59 AM.
  #3  
Old 05-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 31165
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 33,990
Ander hadn't even put the gem to his eye when the room began to twist around him. The sky above him turned into a stone ceiling, and the walls appeared like every other room in the Labyrinth. The judges coiled back - and with the gem of seeing, Ander could see why: four mind flayers stood there, around the trophy, tentacles licking the air as they had been about to ambush him from the safety of illusion.

He immediately springs into action, even as he hears the voices in his mind commanding him to stand still.

OODMSo, Ander acts in the surprise round, and can take action immediately. As soon as his action is done, he is hit by four dominate monster effects, each one requiring a DC 15 Will save.


Although Ander could clearly see what was going on, the illusion remained intact within the room - it appeared that out of nowhere, Ander was simply assaulting the judges.
__________________
I'm SO BUSY. I want to update more, but I've only got so many hours in a day.
Great Player || Great DM || Great Guy || Published Author|| Straight Path Games || Ronar's Twitter
  #4  
Old 05-24-2018, 07:25 PM
Zinrokh's Avatar
Zinrokh Zinrokh is offline
Kraken Priest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 3243
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
Posts: 1,200
Ikol
left-aligned image

And they all lived happily ever after...

----------

Ikol's mix-matched eyes adjusted to the light accompanied by a groan from his lips. Ikol as with most of his kind preferred dark, dank environments where the mushrooms were plentiful and the humans couldn't see you while you stalked them with jagged sharp objects.

He was quite shocked as he saw that he had been beaten to the exit. That filthy barbarian who had taken the slug man's sack of goodies was apparently now assaulting the judges. Fair enough thought Ikol. "Humans" he sighed.

Then Ikol's eyes fell upon the trophy and he licked his lips discarding his false appearance.

He charged forward to confront the bad sportsman. "You sir are a disgrace, have you no honour, no sense of fairness or sportsmanship?" he chided Anders who was standing unnaturally still. "This trophy..."

"Excuse me" he smiled up at the judges moving between them "this trophy" he said now placing his clawed hand upon it. "is a symbol of the recognition of clever tactics and maneuvering, much like how I was able to come within physical contact with it before I..."

Ikol sleight of hand check: 29snatched the trophy and slammed his staff down upon the ground disappearing in a puff of violet smoke...


OOC
 

Last edited by Zinrokh; 05-24-2018 at 07:26 PM.
  #5  
Old 05-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 16750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 6,183
Ander: The Exit
right-aligned image
Ander eyed the creatures with disgust. He had no idea what they were, and he had no intention of finding out. Eagle took control of his body as magical energies began to gather. His human reflexes too slow to escape their assault. His eyes flared, and his hair flowed with no breeze. The mind flayers hissed in frustration as their prey attempted escape.

The barbarian pivoted with supernatural grace and lept toward the concealed door. The judges watched with rapt attention. Who was faster predator or prey?


OOC/RollsI'm running off of the assumption that my gem of seeing allows me to find the exit from The Exit. Ideally, I can move to the hidden door and leave before they get their dominate's off.

Dice Initiative:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14


I'll also post my 4 will saves just in case some of them/ all of them beat me on initiative.

Dice Will save Flayer 1:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

Dice Will save Flayer 2:
1d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16

Dice Will save Flayer 3:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

Dice Will save Flayer 4:
1d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21



 
__________________
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
  #6  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:41 AM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is online now
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 16059
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 24,296
Boz
left-aligned image

Damn the gods, how was this Goblin outdoing him at every turn? Some days, he inwardly mused, the luck of the gods was not on your sides. With no trophy there, and this no way to profit - not to mention that big guy is beating up Judges - Boz tries to just quietly fly up and away and call it quits. At least he would be getting out of the maze alive -
right-aligned image

And then the sky stops giving to him. What? Why can't he - ?

Feels like he's hitting a ceiling of some kind.

Wait - that means -

Crap. RUN!

Boz doesn't stick around to figure out the real lesson of this room and just zips back the way he came as fast as he can.

Boz
 

TP: at least 5

+1 Necklace
+1 Glasses
+2 Bonus
+1 Bonus
 

 
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
*WARNING* - Slower Posting Until August 7th - *WARNING*
  #7  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Admin RonarsCorruption's Avatar
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption is offline
Worldcrafter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 31165
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Posts: 33,990
The dungeon began to shake, and the walls began to fade. This year's competition was nearly over.

Ander looks at the judges in rage and panic, and runs off - to the others, he simply disappeared. Really, he had seen through the illusion to find there were indeed four doors here. He picked Proceed to Room 17THE DISCO INFERNO almost at random, and hurried through.

As he did, Ikol had crept up to the judges, and grabbed Worth 5 TPthe trophy. He grinned - but much less so when he felt the judge's attention turn immediately to him, and voices echoing in his mind: put that back right now, and hold still. ((Ikol must succeed four DC 15 WIll saves, or he puts the trophy back down.))

Boz decides to fly up and away, having seen nothing here worth staying for. Then he hits his head on the ceiling. Which was impossible, since there was no ceiling. Realizing this for the trap it was, he turned to flee, except that Boz can make a DC 16 Wisdom save to beat the illusion and find the door. Ifd he does, he can see doors to DISCO INFERNO or a DAY AT THE RACES, and can go through eitherthe door behind him had vanished.
__________________
I'm SO BUSY. I want to update more, but I've only got so many hours in a day.
Great Player || Great DM || Great Guy || Published Author|| Straight Path Games || Ronar's Twitter
  #8  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:34 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is online now
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 16059
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 24,296
Boz
left-aligned image

Why are we still here, Boz?

"Because I can't find the damned doors. I think they've been put behind the illusion too." Boz says, trying to pat the walls around to find it. He just breathes deep and pats along the walls, knowing this has to be some sort of illusion.
right-aligned image

Has to be.

Boz
 

TP: at least 5

+1 Necklace
+1 Glasses
+2 Bonus
+1 Bonus
 

 
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
*WARNING* - Slower Posting Until August 7th - *WARNING*
  #9  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:54 PM
Zinrokh's Avatar
Zinrokh Zinrokh is offline
Kraken Priest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 3243
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
Posts: 1,200
 

Last edited by Zinrokh; 05-25-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB