RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Hound's Games > Jade Regent Game
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 06-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
Canadian, Eh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 13011
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 8,429
Battle UpdateAyako successfully Ayako is currently at 56/81 HPheals herself by channeling the power of the Kami while striking at the evil undead spirit. Her blade wounded the witchfire, but due to its incorporeal nature the attack was only half as effective.

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, our heroes were concentrating their fire to eliminate the wisps as quickly as possible. With Vagnar providing flanking for Garen, the rogue was able to shatter the first skull and nearly shatter the second. Davex launched an arrow aimed at the last floating crystal skull, but his arrow narrowly scratched it before sinking into the cabin wall. Mari summoned the power of the arcane, creating four balls of pulsing light. She launched the magic missiles at the final skull, each one like a homing missile. The floating wisp was barely alive after such a brutal assault.

As the wisps were being dismantled, the witchfire was looking to take her revenge on the pretty little girl who had dared to cut her. The former old lady once again tried to
Dice Touch Attack:
1d20+13 (15)+13 Total = 28
Dice Fire Damage:
8d6 6, 1, 1, 5, 6, 1, 3, 2 Total = 25

Will Save DC 22

Ayako should now be at 31/81 HP
coil her hands around Ayako's throat, hoping to snuff the life out of her.

Kelda then arrived at the cabin, opening the door for Zak so both of them could now join the fight.


oocVagnar and Silverbolt are up.
__________________
'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied — chains us all irrevocably.'

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'

Last edited by Hound; 06-05-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-05-2018, 04:21 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 16108
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,185
Hospitality or Bait ... Bait apparentlyThe centaur knight's Free: continue performance - Inspire Courage: +3 comp attack/damage, +3 morale vs fear/charmheartening zeal push his allies to impressive efficiency against the monsters. Swift: initiate Bulette Charge StyleBracing his weighty hooves, he has no intention of letting his comrades have all the fun.

Waving his heartening banner overhead, the grinning Silverbolt lunges to Full-round: full attack
Dice Power attack#1, damage, divine damage:
d20+12+2+3+1+2-2sch24cx,20 (16)+12+2+3+1+2-2 Total = 34
d8+6+2+3+1+4ci2 (2)+6+2+3+1+4 Total = 18
d6t 6 Running Total = 24

Dice Power attack#2, damage, divine damage:
d20+7+2+3+1+2-2sch24cx,20 (10)+7+2+3+1+2-2 Total = 23
d8+6+2+3+1+4ci2 (1)+6+2+3+1+4 Total = 17
d6t 2 Running Total = 19

run his lance through the baleful spirit. "Back to the netherworld with you, grim spectre!"
 
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 06-05-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Fyre2387's Avatar
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 is offline
Skulblaka-vodhr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Posts: 994
Vagnar Akselson
left-aligned image
Zak thundered into the cabin. With a shouted command from Vagnar, he raced forward to the far side of the room, then moved to attack the witch with a deadly gore, his new tusk blades giving it the needed magic edge to penetrate the creature’s defenses.

Meanwhile, Vagnar lashed out at the remaining wisp with his usual flurry of teeth and claws. It was probably overkill for the weakened creature, but he was taking no chances.

 



 
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
Canadian, Eh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 13011
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 8,429
Quick UpdateThe last wisp was buzzing around at top speed as Vagnar swung his claws. Dodging sharply, the wisp weaved between Vagnar's strikes, but couldn't out run the deadly bite of the might dire tiger form. With a solid crunch, the skull shattered, ending the wisp threat. At the same time, Zak came thundering from behind Silverbolt, charging at the evil witch and goring her with its magical tusk blades. The witch hissed with anger, though clearly ready for more, she didn't even look tired yet. Silverbolt suddenly jabbed the woman with his lance, striking her square in the chest. Once again the woman wailed in pain, but it seemed over melodramatic.

OOCThe rest of the players may post since the Wisps are dead.
__________________
'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied — chains us all irrevocably.'

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'

Last edited by Hound; 06-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-06-2018, 12:29 AM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 9,755
Davex The second wisp fell, which meant the Satyr could turn his attention to the real threat which was attempting to set Ayako on fire.

Looking to aid the woman, all the Satyr could see was the backside of a large wooly mammoth. Rolling his eyes, he takes a five-foot step closer the table and aligns his sights.

The monstrous undead was now in his crosshairs. Shifting his loathing from aberrations to undead Davex
Dice Atk:
d20+21-2 (6)+21-2 Total = 25
d8+5+5 (8)+5+5 Total = 18
2d6t 3, 1 Running Total = 22 Total = 4
fires an arrow at the heart, of the beast.
Dice Atk:
d20+21-2 (1)+21-2 Total = 20
d8+5+5 (3)+5+5 Total = 13
2d6t 2, 1 Running Total = 16 Total = 3
the Satyr does his best to draw the ire of the beast away from Ayako and towards himself.
Firing a second arrow

I’ll get you my pretty, and those little wisps too!
OoC5’ Step NE
Bane Active - Undead.
Rapid Shot Arrow.
I removed d6 fire damage from each arrow, since I assumed she’s immune?
 
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Can you Handle the Madness? Madness in the Weird West: Call of Cthulhu
Like Star Trek? Apply to Starfleet.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is online now
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 18911
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,197
Wicked witch of the east?Mari smiled as the last wisp fell, leaving just the one thing left. She could tell her sister was hurt and was healing herself a bit. With the creature looking like flame and only one left, Mari decided not to throw a fireball in the mix. Instead she asked Spivey to aid their friends by healing them all.

With a smile, Spivey danced on Mari shoulder and called out to Desna to aid them. A
Dice healing:
2d6 2, 2 Total = 4
wave of healing energy emitted from Spivey, washing over those near her.


 


 

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 5796
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,604
Garen Mylari
left-aligned image
Garen breathed a sigh of relief as both wisps fell dead without delivering yet another shock. The ordeal wasn't over yet, though, as Ayako and the others were still engaged with the burning skeleton creature. A glance to the door told him that Kelda had joined them, and a quick gesture from the satyr gave her guidance. The two both took off, Garen making straight for the undead foe, and Kelda moving around the table to flank. A closer look at the monster they faced was more than enough to spark the anger inside the Ulfen woman, and she grinned with furious pleasure at the thought of vanquishing such a powerful and dangerous foe.



 


 
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-06-2018, 08:19 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 23,655
A cabin out of nowhere, what could go wrong?Ayako likes to swing her sword at evil being, but decide to be the meat shield for the others while they finish her off. - " That's all you got old hag? Come and burn me. " She takes a step back, her large blue eyes blink a moment before glowing with divine light as she calls upon the power of the kami, healing spontaneously all her burned skin. Everybody around the priestess gets bless by 14 hp to everybody aroundhealing as well.


 
__________________
HoF 2019 is open, please consider Empire's Trials. An epic story of intrigues and war!

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!

Last edited by MoonZar; 06-06-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-07-2018, 09:31 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
Canadian, Eh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 13011
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 8,429
Update

The first of Davex's two arrows find their mark but the second goes wild. Ayako quickly performs some healing to keep her on her self on her feet to the annoyance of the witch. Meanwhile Kelda and Garen move closer into position, unfortunately the rogue is not as agile as he hoped,
Dice Touch Attack:
1d20+13 (14)+13 Total = 27
Dice Fire Damage:
8d6 5, 6, 2, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6 Total = 37

Will DC 22
provoking an attack from the witchfire. Seeing her attack is more effective against the rogue, she doubles down,
Dice Touch Attack:
1d20+13 (12)+13 Total = 25
Dice Fire Damage:
8d6 5, 6, 3, 3, 4, 3, 1, 1 Total = 26

If you already failed a will safe, you take +50% more damage. If not, make a new Will DC 22
hoping to finish him off.



__________________
'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied — chains us all irrevocably.'

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Exhibit A's Avatar
Exhibit A Exhibit A is offline
DAGRON
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 5796
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Posts: 2,604
Garen Mylari
left-aligned image
Garen dashed towards the burning creature, aware of the potential danger, but also very aware of the enormous feline that was behind him, preparing to pounce. Best to be out of Vagnar's way before that happens, he thought. He made sure to keep a firm grip on Whispering Shrike, and more importantly for the moment, his undead-slaying dagger. That handy little weapon would surely prove invaluable against this monster. As he neared the witchfire, he saw the thing's head turn towards him, the empty eyes focusing a malignant glare on the approaching satyr. Garen flashed a cocky grin as he continued his head-on approach, launching into a nimble dive for the last few feet as the witchfire lashed out with a fiery arm. For a split second, he could just feel the heat from the limb as it passed over him- right up until it changed direction and came crashing into his back.

"Graah!" The pain was incredibly intense; making the shocks from the will-o'-wisps feel like static electricity by comparison. The evil green flames seared his flesh, sending waves of agony all though his body from the impact site. He was barely able to recover from his roll, bringing himself up to a standing position next to Ayako, just as she sent out a wave of blessed healing energy, repairing the worst of the burns. The effects of the cursed fire were not gone though; he couldn't say what is was exactly but something felt... wrong. The flames had done more than just burn his body. Still, despite his wounds, he felt confident. The witchfire was surrounded an outnumbered, he had an undead-killing dagger, and two vikings were closing in to finish the job. He managed to shoot off another one of his cocky grins to Ayako, hoping to reassure any worries she may have. "Don't worry, I've had worse- we've got this."

That was when the witchfire's second attack landed.

The pain was even worse than before. The half-healed burn on his back flared with renewed vigor, matching the new wound on his chest. It felt like a spear of fire had pierced him all the way through, burning his chest, back, and everything in between. It... was it getting hard to breathe? His vision swam, the edges of the room slowly going dark. He turned back to Ayako, his breath coming ragged and rough from his charred lungs. No.. he couldn't give in to it. He had to keep her safe. He had made a promise... "Don't worry..." the words came in a ragged whisper. "I..." he couldn't get another word out before the pain was too much; with a loud clatter, his blades fell to the floor, followed soon by the satyr's lifeless body.

If Kelda had been angry before, the sight of Garen falling was enough to make her enraged. With a bestial roar, she launched herself at the monster, her axe- a gift from Garen- flying in a powerful arc towards the thing's neck.



 


 
__________________
I prepared explosive runes this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-08-2018, 11:24 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 16108
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,185
Hospitality or Bait ... Bait apparentlyThe collapse of the satyr to the floor sounds like a eerie knell. It is a familiar countermelody to the usual chaotic clang of battle, one he has weathered many more times than he wishes to recall. 'Poor, reckless fool.' But, the well of sorrow is quickly deferred by the veteran soldier. The knight must look to the living lest they join him. Silverbolt Free: continue performance - Inspire Courage: +3 comp attack/damage, +3 morale vs fear/charmroars, "Cut her down!"

The centaur knight Full-round: full attack
Dice Power attack#1, damage, divine damage:
d20+12+2+3+1+2-2sch24cx,20 (13)+12+2+3+1+2-2 Total = 31
d8+6+2+3+1+4ci2 (5)+6+2+3+1+4 Total = 21
d6t 5 Running Total = 26

Dice Power attack#2, damage, divine damage:
d20+7+2+3+1+2-2sch24cx,20 (9)+7+2+3+1+2-2 Total = 22
d8+6+2+3+1+4ci2 (1)+6+2+3+1+4 Total = 17
d6t 4 Running Total = 21

lunges his lance into the murderous pyromaniac. One lance strike feints while the other tears right through her, discorporating more of the fell specter.
 
__________________
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 06-08-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Fyre2387's Avatar
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 is offline
Skulblaka-vodhr
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Posts: 994
Vagnar Akselson
left-aligned image
The south pole of Golarion lies on an ice shelf in the heart of the great Antarkos Ocean. The area is very sparsely populated; the only beings even approaching intelligent are a few primitive tribes of ice trolls. Those tribes, naturally, know nothing of the distant lands of the Crown of the World, but when Garen fell, everyone in the cabin would have sworn that they must have heard the anguished roar of a tiger.

This cry was not simply that of a beast. Imbued with divine power, the creature’s roar was almost musical, with a harmonic quality that seemed supernatural. But it was even more than that, for this was not the simple vocalization of an animal. It was also the anguished cry of man, a man who’d just watched a friend die. A man who knew that friend now lay dead because he’d made a bad decision. He was supposed to be the guide. He’d told Ayako they should inveistage this cabin. Ayako had trusted him, listened to him, took his advice over Garen’s, and now Garen’s lifeless body paid testament to just how misplaced that trust had been. Vagnar knew Garen’s blood was on his hands, as surely as if he’d sunk claws and teeth into the satyr’s flesh. Ayako would probably never trust him again, and at the moment the druid thought she’d be wise not to.

With a second bloodthirsty roar, Vagnar’s heavy paws slammed against the floor as he raced toward the unholy creature. Launching himself forward off his powerful hind legs, he lashed out at the monster. "Go back to Hell, foul creature!" he screamed, just before his powerful jaws clamped into the flaming abomination.

Zak lashed out with a stab from his own mighty tusks, but at the moment his ferocity seemed to pale in comparison to his master’s.

 


 
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:02 PM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 23,655
A cabin out of nowhere, what could go wrong?Garen gets cooked to death and falls at the priestess' feet after a missed tumble. Brave and reckless he pays the ultimate price with his life. Ayako knows that death would be part of this endeavor, but why it has to be one of her two spiritual brothers? - " This foulness ends now, we are sending you back to the underworld where you will burn for eternity. " The princess stays in control of her anger and swings her sword at the Witchfire. The blade is not as potent that it would be normally but still manages a good AC 24, 30 damage (halve)hit on the undead. She is in shock and not totally realized that her friend is dead.


 
__________________
HoF 2019 is open, please consider Empire's Trials. An epic story of intrigues and war!

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
Canadian, Eh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-13-2019
RPXP: 13011
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 8,429
The End of a Foul WitchWith righteous fury, Ayako swings her ancestral blade, cutting through ghostly appreciation. The blade glowed with a holy light as it purified the darkness. The witch screamed in agony as flesh melted away until only bone remained, the creature stopped moving completely as the bright green fire died out and the bone turned to ash until all that remained was a pile of ash and the lingering smell of sulfur.

The battle was won, but at a heavy price.
__________________
'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied — chains us all irrevocably.'

'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.'
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:54 PM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 23,655
A cabin out of nowhere, what could go wrong?
right-aligned image
The priestess sheath her sword and remain silent with a cold face for a moment while everybody catches their breath and realize what happened. The pain that flows in her spine, veins and soul can't begin to be comprehended by the young woman. Barely at the dawn of adulthood, she already saw a lot of blood and fighting, who knows what the long-term damage it could do to one so young.

They should all have listened to her, she changed her mind because she promised to be more flexible going forward, what a mistake. She knew in her guts that place was trouble and something bad would happen, the kami told her and she decided to listen to their new guide who thought they could learn something useful and to her foolish bastard sister that just wanted to say hello. What could go wrong right? An old lady living alone in dragon territory, it was obvious. That's the last time she values the judgment of others when she has this feeling that something is wrong. After all, she is responsible with her sister Ameiko of everybody who decided to risk their life for their family legacy.

She doesn't find the strength to show any sorrows or emotions to all, but something died inside her to see a brother died. Even if the seal has the power to bring him back to life it doesn't change what she witnessed. Ayako takes out of her bag the warding box and put it on the floor, before sitting in seiza position between it and Garen. She is not sure it's the right thing to do, to risk the quest to resurrect a friend with that Oni magnet artifact. At the end of the day, the Kami wouldn't have created the seal if it wasn't meant to be used in that quest. Ayako opens it and quickly use the Amatatsu Seal on her friend, before swiftly putting it back in the warding box without ceremony. - “ O kami sama protecting the Amatatsu family, ressurect this scion that died in your name. “ The shortest it last, lower is the risk for the Onis to pinpoint their location she thinks. Ayako has no idea what would be the consequences, but the seal was clear that Onis would go after them if the warding box is opened.


 
__________________
HoF 2019 is open, please consider Empire's Trials. An epic story of intrigues and war!

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!

Last edited by MoonZar; 06-08-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:28 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB