RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Legacy of Fire
twitter google facebook
5 5 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #586  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is online now
Cheery haunt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 20029
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 6,030
Gark / Blobog, the sneaky
left-aligned image
Gark sneered as the halfling ran towards and around him. He nearly cut them apart out of reflex, sharp teeth gleaming in the flickering light. What held him back wasn't any notion of what was right - the Mother of Monsters hates the little pink flesh bags - it was that he couldn't remember what Grak had last said to him. A sliver of panic made his knees wobble.

Was he supposed to run after the gnoll? That was what his legs wanted to do. Now that he had the stuff from the dead gnoll, was he supposed to do something with it? He looked around in indecision for a moment. Grak would protect his fatara.

With the faintest of a growl, the goblin turned and climbed as quiet as he could onto the big rock. He stayed low, crouching on all fours to stay out of sight and let the stupid slinging user take any attention from the pack of gnolls.

Immediately a howling gnoll head popped into view and he lashed out, seeing the opportunity for damage. It was a vicious reaction of protective instinct more than a deadly slice at the gnoll's throat. Either way blood glistened on the kukris and he started to laugh again. "HahahaHAHa"

 

 

 
__________________
Next up: CS, Sh*
CS, LoF, RoW, SS, Sh*, TT

Last edited by Jarl11; 06-12-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:17 PM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is offline
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 22562
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 16,381
Start Ro2

--------Character--------Init010203
The Spider23xx-
(.23.)23xo-
Hyenas22xo-
Gnolls20xo-
Fandrik15xo-
Gark-the-Goblin14xo-
(.18-19.)14xo-
Yenwrick13xo-
Carrion Guards12xo-
Drusilla12xo-
Grak'ark12xo-
Remkah'ar12x--
Danorin12x--
(.21-22.)12x--
Hector11x--
Sanbin11x--
(.17.)11x--
Abd al Bari10x--
o = open to post
- = don't post yet
x = posted already

DM Summary
left-aligned image

House of the Beast: Day 2
Gozran 12 4710 – Sunday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(12:46PM)

Light Bearers
Hector, Medallion (40 min light spell) (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Boulder Tip 34M (40 min light spell) Torch (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Remkah'ar: Trail Blazer (20' normal / 40' shadows)

Darkvision
Grak'ark (60')
Remkah'ar (60')
Gark-the-Goblin (60')
Fandrik (60')



House of the Beast: The Middle Temple
[DiCE]
Grak'ark Diplomacy VS Mother Spider (DC15)- 4 (Rolled) -2 (CHA) -2 (Sinister Cleave Curse) = 0
Hector Escape Check (DC22): Rolled 16
Hector Stretching Webbing (DC12): Rolled 16


 


Room 13: Vault Room

The pack of gnolls had thought that Brack'ack was acting alone, that they could circle around on her, but they were sorely mistaken when they run into Remkah'ar and a host of halflings blocking the way. The janni ifrit slashes with his flaming sickle but trips on some rocks, coming short, and the gnolls back off. The flames cast a sickly green and yellow haze on the room as it flies through the air. A goblin pops up on top of the mound of rock, knife in his wicked teeth as he comes up beside the dirty little halfling with the sling. What the heck is that green halfling? thinks the gnoll when the goblin suddenly lashes out at him, cutting his eyes and brow in the process.

The halflings follow Drusilla's command and hold the line, warily holding up their over sized sword, when a rock smashes into the side of one of the gnoll's neck. The gnoll leaps up in surprise, coughing and yacking, and looks up to see a dirty female halfling slave on. Throat smarting and a vile, bitter taste dripping into his mouth, the gnoll scrambles up the rock. He croaks that all the slaves are still here, that the ogre has sided with the Kulldis betrayer, but he can't work his voice.

Meanwhile another halfling, Fandrik, laughs merrily, humming actually, as Drusilla dispatches one gnoll after another with an efficiency he has never seen before. Not even Lazrul or Hector can kill so fast with this amount of accuracy. She makes the sound of a gurgle to make sure the act is still ongoing when Fan brings up his bronze shield right on time. The four Carrion Guards fire one arrow after another, moving in steps so that they all can get a shot in, attempting to fight from afar. "HaHA!" the arrow snaps against his shield as Dru slices the hyena going for the halfling's leg. The animal barks in pain, staggers back, and dies. "More gnolls!" he warns when a well-placed arrow bites right through his own leg, coming through the other side of his calf. The pain is intense and burning. Another arrow flies and the image of Brack'ack's black cloak flaps as Dru ducks, only to have another arrow follow and go deep into her shoulder at a downward angel. It takes all her might to not yell out and give away her disguise. She rises back up and feels the arrowhead scrape against the inside of her shoulder blade.

The devilish halfling rogue lets out another laugh despite his self and his vision blurs for a second, feeling his muscles tingle. Dimly he becomes aware that he has been poisoned by the Carrion Guards. He feels so very tired all of the sudden.

Seeing how dangerous the duo are, the hyenas back off a bit, watching but not leaving. The Carrion Guards come closer, nocking more arrows, eyes glinting from the shadows of the magical light.

The earth rumbles again but this time it doesn't shake.

Then a sickening howl comes down the tunnel from behind them. Whatever made that sound: it's big.

Secret Text for: Fandrik
 


Room 18: The Spider's Lair
left-aligned image

Abd al Bari shakes the stars from his head and has to remember where he is for a moment. From the floor he sees Hector struggle against the webbing clinging him to the wall, the one-eyed gnoll is tapping the ground urgently with a Carrion gnoll whimpering at his feet, and a horribly hairy and large spider is eyeing him now with it's many eyes.

Oh yes. The spider. Now he remembers.

Without getting up from his prone position the fisherman's son (who may never see the ocean again, who grew to adulthood holding a pick and being whipped by gnolls) reaches for Hector's sword with his free hand, letting his own blade fall to the ground. Still on his knees he cranks the great sword back over his head and is astounded that the old man can swing something this heavy, confounded even. The tip clinks against the ground behind him and he swings with all his might, severing the webbing and nearly freeing Hector!

The cords in the old captain's neck show as he pulls at the last of the strands with all his furious might.

Grak'ark tries desperately to get the spider's attention back to his offering but the spider's instincts are too strong. The great spider arches it's body again and a flow of white pools over Abd al Bari. One time, in the market, one of his mother's friends let him touch imported silk from across the Inner Sea. It was Qadiran silk, the best there is, better even than the sheets Hector sweated and soiled on when his Dark Queen visited, and Abd al Bari was told that day that it was spun by creatures like this giant spider in hidden, dark cellars. Will he live the day to tell his family that he had actually seen such a beast with his own eyes?

As hushed as straw drifting to the ground, the spider begins to dance up and down, bobbing for some reason.

From down the hallway, to the south, there comes the distant sound of another battle until the wind carries it away.


DM Notes
right-aligned image
  • Hector is nearly free! 2 more dmg to the webbing. It is one standard action to cut it but he can't reach for the sword on the ground or in Abd al Bari's hand. If he doesn't have a blade it is now a DC10 for another Strength Check or Escape Artist check.
  • Moved Dru/Fan to M36 instead of 35 because of the large boulder
  • Gark-the-Goblin: You need both hands free to climb so I dropped one blade and put the other in the goblin's teeth as a swift action
  • Fandrik didn't have anyone to attack at this moment, enemies too far away
  • Difficult terrain: (Red) The Fallen rocks here block the way and helps wall in the gnolls.
  • Large Boulder: (Green) 5' high. DC10 to climb on top. Chamber is 10' from floor to ceiling so you can move on it as if on Difficult terrain. If attacking from ground then you need reach or ranged attack to hit anyone on it.
  • I disallowed the sneak attack from Gark because he didn't have concealment. Pathfinder isn't really created for 3 dimensional combat so it can be confusing at times, sorry about that, but at least you tried!
  • We can say that Rem gave you all Message. It will expire at 12:50PM.



Master Maps:
Salamander Nest
 

The Outer Temple
 

(G)The Great Dome
 

(H)The Middle Temple
 

(I)The Lower Temple
 

Combat Modifiers
 
__________________
LoF

Last edited by PIG; 06-23-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 06-14-2018, 11:00 AM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 30353
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 10,930
Grak'Ark
left-aligned image
Grak'Ark watched the spiders movement's as it bobbed up and down strangely, unsure of what it meant. Perhaps it believes me to be a bitch in heat? Perhaps it is preparing to feed? Or maybe that is what it does when it wishes to feel the motions of the floor? he wondered, although he didn't dwell long on the prospect.

All that mattered is that the spider seemed to be reacting to the rhythmic tapping, and so he would continue to do it. His plan was working - as long as nobody ruined it.

As that thought came to mind, the gnoll turned his scowl to the human grey muzzle who had caused him to lose the attention of the spider. He was partially wrapped in the webbing of the spider, surrounded by a white sticky goo. The other slave next to him appeared to be going to help the old man when he too was caught in a glob of silken cording. Serves them both right. he muttered to himself as he continues his steady beating as he turns to face the semi-uncovered old man.

"Grey muzzle!!! Stop fooling around and go through the far door. If the way is clear, the others will follow soon.

And if you even think about attacking this spider, know that my spear will be in your eye before you land your first blow."
he growls.

 


 
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 06-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is online now
Cheery haunt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 20029
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 6,030
She'll be coming around the mountain when she comes
left-aligned image
The poison licked at his strength and the pain shot adrenaline through his veins. Fandrik didn't like it, but he had learned to use the energy one got from pain like he assumed a masocist might. "Heh. My dear Drusilla," Fandrik's laugh died down as he addressed the woman and everyone else through Message, if we are connectedstanding next to him. "What is as large as an ogre but looks like a gnoll with red eyes, black teeth, and orange hair?" He paused for an answer and grimaced while breaking the end off the arrow that stuck from his leg. "One of them is coming up behind those guards."

The little shield flashed in an arc and he hopped a couple times painfully to keep his leg from seizing up. "Finish off the gnolls we have in the rocks here, I can keep the guards distracted." Eyes glanced at the hyena but he dismissed it for now. If the thing runs around the rock then one of the others will just have to deal with it.

Fan blustered at the guards, hoping to keep their attention and knock some arrows away from the pair if he could. "HaHA! Aren't gnolls brave enough to attack up close? Come and get me dog-faces!"

 

 

 
__________________
Next up: CS, Sh*
CS, LoF, RoW, SS, Sh*, TT

Last edited by Jarl11; 06-20-2018 at 11:30 PM. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 06-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is online now
Cheery haunt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 20029
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 6,030
Gark / Blobog, the coward
left-aligned image
Gark's laughter was short lived when he saw that the gnoll was in reach and easily able to hit back at him. And he only had one kukri.

"Stupid gnoll. Gark find best way to cut out eyes." Muttering to himself the goblin did not like where he had found himself on top of the rock. Unsure what he had expected, just that this wasn't it. Instead of remain, he bobbed back a half step and twisted, jumping from the rock in an attempt to avoid letting the gnoll hit back.

"Hahahahaha" Once on the ground, he laughed again and bent to scoop up his knife.

Gark would find another way around or maybe leave these dumb pink-skins to die. Lamashtu might like that.

 

 

 
__________________
Next up: CS, Sh*
CS, LoF, RoW, SS, Sh*, TT
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 PM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-15-2018
RPXP: 24588
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,439
Round 2
left-aligned image
Hissing under her breath, Drusilla grits her teeth when the arrow penetrates her shoulder. The wound is painful, but it would have been worse were it not for her DR 3/slashing & bludgeoning reduces damage by 3aranea silk tunic—despite its delicate appearance, the sheer undergarment snags the arrow point and prevents it from penetrating deeper.

She glances down at Fandrik and at the broken arrow protruding from his leg. Now that she can see him fighting up close she has to admit that she is somewhat impressed. He is a plucky little slip, that is for certain, but there is more than just bravado and bluster concealing an incompetent attack—his flashy movements actually seem to be a courageous attempt to protect her from harm. Indeed, though he clearly possesses no more than the strength of a child, his reflexes and defensive instincts are lightning quick, and his tiny dagger was actually fast enough to deflect the arrow away from her shoulder ... or it would have been, had the projectile not been over his head and out of his reach.

News of an approaching ogre-gnoll prompts Drusilla into immediate action. Positioning the weight of her entire body behind her weapon, she lunges forward in a quick and powerful thrust, piercing the hyena with the point of her bardiche. Without hesitating she immediately steps back, using the tunnel wall on her left to provide some cover from the archers. As she does so she chokes up on the haft and, without even bothering to turn and look, plunges the butt end of her weapon backwards in a simultaneous attack upon the gnoll behind her.

Breathing sharply, the warrior pauses to catch her breath. Even more than Fandrik's courage, the halfling's tactical acumen impresses her, for it is clear that his assessment mirrors her own. The enemy's plan is clear—let the ogre-gnoll-beast pound away mindlessly on the front line while the well-trained carrion guards use their bows at a distance. Their best chance lies in luring the archers into close combat, while clearing a line of retreat through the rabble of murrin behind them—an idea that syncs perfectly with the halfling's words.

 


 
__________________
Traveling Dec 16-20 & 23-25: No internet access during this time.
Distorted Keep | Carrion Crown | Legacy of Fire | The Lost Coast
The Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 06-23-2018, 02:54 PM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is offline
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 22562
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 16,381
Start Ro2

--------Character--------Init010203
The Spider23xx-
Rraelliarh23xx-
Hyenas22xx-
Gnolls20xx-
Fandrik15xx-
Gark-the-Goblin14xx-
Flinds14xx-
Yenwrick13xx-
Carrion Guards12xx-
Drusilla12xx-
Grak'ark12xx-
Remkah'ar12xx-
Danorin12xx-
Carrion Initiates12xx-
Hector11xo-
Sanbin11xo-
Demon Gnoll11xo-
Abd al Bari10xo-
o = open to post
- = don't post yet
x = posted already

DM Summary
left-aligned image

House of the Beast: Day 2
Gozran 12 4710 – Sunday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(12:46PM)

Light Bearers
Hector, Medallion (40 min light spell) (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Boulder Tip 34M (40 min light spell) Torch (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Remkah'ar: Trail Blazer (20' normal / 40' shadows)

Darkvision
Grak'ark (60')
Remkah'ar (60')
Gark-the-Goblin (60')
Fandrik (60')



House of the Beast: The Middle Temple
[DiCE]
Grak'ark Nature Knowledge (DC15): Rolled 12
Hector Nature Knowledge (DC15): Rolled 13
Gark-the-Goblin Acrobatics (CMD13): Rolled 19


 


Room 13: Vault Room
Secret Text for: Drusila, Fandrik, Remkah'ar
 

Secret Text for: Fandrik
 


The earth shudders just a bit more as the host of gnolls try to push their way past the halflings and Remkah'ar. Casting green, glowing light the sorcerer swings the magical sickle. Against Dru's orders the halflings take a few swings along with him, but the gnolls defend their selves, recollecting their selves. A gnoll stands up from being knocked down and another dodges a slung frock from Yenwrick. The gnolls attack with their spears but can't get through. Gark-the-goblin giggles nervously and easily slides out of the battle, landing on his feet on the other side and picking up his other kukri. "Hahahahahaha!"

Fandrik sees what's coming for them. Chanting echoes from the darkness beyond, evil and flickering. He whispers something and his voice rides the air.

The #10, full defenselast hyena holds up both paws and backs off from Token VBrack'ack, fur fully puffed up and eyes darting. Fandrik's eyes glances at the hyena but he dismissed it for now. If the thing runs around the rock then one of the others will just have to deal with it. He instead blusters at the guards, hoping to keep their attention and knock some arrows away from the pair if he could. "HaHA! Aren't gnolls brave enough to attack up close? Come and get me dog-faces!"

The Carrion Guards answer with arrows, aimed at the black cloaked Brack'ack.

Fluwk... fluw... fluwk-fluwk- Clak! Brack'ack is thrown forward as two arrows stab her in the back, throwing her forward. The ancient aranea silk does her wonders, blocking most of the damage, and the gnoll does very well after taking three poisoned gnoll arrows.

Then the poison sets in and 19 dmg | Str Dmg 2 | Poisoned (Ro2 until Ro8)she feels her strength sap like rotted flesh. Graced Abaddar, she must keep the line!
Str Dmg 2 | Poisoned (Ro1 until Ro7)
The little halfling slave feels his strength continue to decline also.
In unison, the both know what the gnolls are up to. They mean to soften up the meat before sinking in the teeth. Clever, clever, in action- like the true hyenas they really are. Throw the runts in to distract and overwhelm, then come in for the kill.

Our female warrior squints her eyes. Speaking of gnolls, Grak'ark better know what's he's doing. Brack'ack glances towards the open door leading west but it's blocked by the large boulder. The warrior instincts kick in. Brack'ack goes into action in return, arrows sticking in her back.

"He-ha-ha-ye-h-" the hyena crackles when her spear comes down from extended hands and Brack'ack brains the four-legged animal. It's head smashed into the ground, teeth fly. In three seconds she's darting northward with the butt of her spear flying towards the head of her next victim. How many gnoll's has she killed in the last year? Forty? Eighty?

But not this one. The gnoll brings up his own spear and blocks the attack. The wooden clank of hollow wood rings in the air as lays on his back on the ground, still knocked down from the last tremor.

Breathing heavy, her lungs burning, Brack'ack rattles in another breath as Fandrik draws attention away from her.

"HaHA!"

Room 18: Spider Lair
Secret Text for: Grak'ark, Hector
 


Hector tears away at the few strands left clinging to his arms as Abd al Bari stares in horror as the spider bobs up and down in some sort of instinctive ritual. It looks to Grak'ark, eight red eyes beaming, fangs salivating. A certain cream drips from her fangs and hisses on the ground.

But then the spider looks back at Hector freeing his self from her trap. The Carrion Guard at Grak's feet, now trapped for a week without food or water and with multiple feeding wounds along his torso, tries to crawl towards the druid. "Please... water. Water." The Carrion Guards rips one of his hands from the ribbon of webbing with a hunting knife, cutting his way out while weak yet determined for this last chance of life.

Grak'ark sees all of this. He growls a warning. "Grey muzzle!!! Stop fooling around and go through the far door. If the way is clear, the others will follow soon.

And if you even think about attacking this spider, know that my spear will be in your eye before you land your first blow."


Hector expands the webbing until thin, his veined hands pulling with all the rage that haunts that deep well. Then:

Kruk-POOM!

Distant gun fire?

Hector has no time to wonder upon such things but where did that come from? The old man has heard gunfire before from where he is from, but not in Katapesh. It sounded like it came from outside of the House of the Beast, traveling with the blowing wind....

Room 9b: Rovagug Shrine
Secret Text for: Blackfyre
 


Prayers to the Beast echo in the darkness as figures creep closer, the spiraling destruction to come. Dead masks and flind-bars clanging, chants of prayer to Rovagug whispered in harsh whispers.

Rraelliarh gutters a prayer to her dark patron and shimmering black shield covers her self before dissolving away. The gnoll with the goat head comes up behind the large demonic sister and begins to pray:

"Defend us, so we may harm the sheltered,
May the Beast hurt us all"

Under that prayer another shield shimmers around the demonic gnoll. It shines crimson before fading away. Meanwhile the other gnolls flicker by, speeding towards the enemy. Flinds and priests push through to create as much havoc as possible.

Rraelliarh sees Brack'ack and hisses a next order. "A traitor!" she growled. "Her, I want alive!" A cackling, anticipatory laugh accompanied the declaration. She would serve as a lesson to others. A bloody one. "Tear the rest apart to your heart’s content."



DM Notes
right-aligned image
  • A new enemy has joined the battle, a fellow RPGCrossing member wants to cause some trouble. Anything you want to keep secret from prying eyes please write into Devious Undertakings. Certain maps will be secreted so that there are no spoilers.
  • Drusilla moved up to M36 after the Carrion Guards opened fire. She now has some soft cover because of Fandrik, including his AC bonus. Arrows are now trained onto the little slave halfling.
  • Hector is nearly free! 2 more dmg to the webbing. It is one standard action to cut it but he can't reach for the sword on the ground or in Abd al Bari's hand. If he doesn't have a blade it is now a DC10 for another Strength Check or Escape Artist check.
  • Difficult terrain: (Red) The Fallen rocks here block the way and helps wall in the gnolls.
  • Large Boulder: (Green) 5' high. DC10 to climb on top. Chamber is 10' from floor to ceiling so you can move on it as if on Difficult terrain. If attacking from ground then you need reach or ranged attack to hit anyone on it.



Master Maps:
Salamander Nest
 

The Outer Temple
 

(G)The Great Dome
 

(H)The Middle Temple
 

(I)The Lower Temple
 

Combat Modifiers
 
__________________
LoF

Last edited by PIG; 06-26-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 06-24-2018, 04:05 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 13469
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 7,319
Hector Grimm
left-aligned image

Time is of the essence. but what shitty good will it do you, if you can't move? Hector's rage is omnipresent: veins bulging on his neck, reddish spider veins blossoming on his pale cheeks and a seething - almost tangible heat around him as he struggles with the webbing. His head has been torn free and the old captain utilize this to issue orders all around him, the fooling around is your inability to keep the beast in check. Hector near roared back at the gnoll. He still did not get why he did nothing but tapping the ground. What good would ever come from that?

Abd Al Dari. your effort here is in vain when you cannot properly wield the blade... he was angry with the man, but forced himself to speak plainly, free yourself, then me and...

Hector was cut short by Fandrik’s voice. He was startled. It was as if the cheeky bastard was right at his ear, and while the old captain’s sight was limited down here in the endless darkness, he knew Fandrik wasn’t close.

Magic - there was no other way to explain it and a fierce grin washed over his face. Of course... such a resourceful little brat. Hector focused on the lingering voice and whispered back, unaware that anyone else than Fandrik would hear his words,



His mumbling words would surely have reached Fandrik and there might be help on its way, but it sounded like the forces that they have sought to outmaneuver had reached Fandrik and the others so who knew what happened next?

Finally, Hector squinted to the side, commanding Rok to be his eyes, Observe what Drusilla is fighting and return to tell me. He just hoped the bird could rip itself loose from the strands of sticky webbing.


 


 


 



Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 06-26-2018, 04:04 PM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 10146
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 2,962
right-aligned image
Once more a terrible roar echoed through the hallways. Bloodthirst and anticipation rang loud in it and the large, red-eyed gnoll pushed her way forward with complete disregard for nearly all of her smaller kin. Only Rraelliarh was carefully avoided by the beast on her way towards the prey.

The cramped quarters didn’t help improve her temper, but the ones who would suffer for it were still a ways away. Ryrgia shouldered her way through a doorway and roughly past some stone outcroppings, not caring if she damaged anything. Thick drool dripped from her fangs and onto the shoulders of the slightly uncomfortable looking flinds in front of her. Looking her eyes on her targets a deep growl emanated from her chest. She couldn’t wait to plunge her fangs into fresh, soft flesh.


Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is offline
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 22562
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 16,381
Start Ro3

--------Character--------Init020304
The Spider23xx-
Rraelliarh23xo-
Hyenas22xo-
Gnolls20xo-
Fandrik15xo-
Gark-the-Goblin14xo-
Flinds14xo-
Yenwrick13xo-
Carrion Guards12xo-
Drusilla12xo-
Grak'ark12xo-
Remkah'ar12xo-
Danorin12xo-
Carrion Initiates12xo-
Hector11xo-
Sanbin11xo-
Demon Gnoll11xo-
Abd al Bari10xo-
o = open to post
- = don't post yet
x = posted already

DM Summary
left-aligned image

House of the Beast: Day 2
Gozran 12 4710 – Sunday

Sunrise 6:30AM | 8:00PM Sunset
(12:46PM)

Light Bearers
Hector, Medallion (40 min light spell) (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Boulder Tip 34M (40 min light spell) Torch (20' normal / 40' shadows)
Remkah'ar: Trail Blazer (20' normal / 40' shadows)

Darkvision
Grak'ark (60')
Remkah'ar (60')
Gark-the-Goblin (60')
Fandrik (60')



House of the Beast: The Middle Temple
[DiCE]
Hector Strength Check (DC10): Nat 1
Rok Strength Check (DC5): 12

 


Room 13: Vault Room
Secret Text for: Drusilla, Remkah'ar, Fandrik
 
Fandrik hears Brack'ack wheezing as she cleans up this mess, that spear flying through the thick air like a gilded wing. The black cloaked gnoll comes to a stop, blood rasping from her throat, standing over her next victim as he attempts to crawl away but halting after surviving the onslaught. Her spear shakes in her hand and it's a wonder that another gnoll escaped her wrath. Layered around the room are the downed gnolls, accumulating over the week in this fight against the slaves. Mouths ajar and eyes staring into nothing, an army of maggots and empire of flies crawling over their wrecked bodies.

Then the halfling rogue sees a flicker ahead, behind the Carrion Guards.

The demon gnoll is drawing closer, flicking from side to side in his narrow view through the tunnel. Once more a terrible roar echoes through the hallways. Her eagerness for his flesh can be felt, it's actually tangible almost- the violence of her lust to kill. Fandrik felt the same thing only from three people: Hector, Drusilla, and Grak'ark. Now more violence is coming.

The chanting continues. They are growing closer. Ever so closer.

Room 18: Spider Lair
Secret Text for: Grak'ark, Hector
 
"Abd Al Dari. your effort here is in vain when you cannot properly wield the blade..." he is angry with the man but forces himself to speak plainly, "free yourself, then me and..." he pauses as they both hear Fandrik whisper what is going on. The slave disregards it and takes the heavy dragon-hilt sword in an underhand motion to slit the webbing from the inside. With a roar he brings the heavy blade up as hard as he can and cuts away a large swath.

The one-eyed gnoll shakes his head and keeps rattling the ground. He flickers his one eye down at the weak gnoll as he also cuts the webbing and staggers to his feet before Grak'ark. Everything is getting complicated- very fast.

Rage, Hector's source of strength, is brimming. You can see it in his pale, gaunt face and blue eyes. "Observe what Drusilla is fighting and return to tell me." Whatever lies behind the familiar pushes the raven to follow the command. A few tedious strands of web cling to Rok but the large bird tantrums before he takes flight, long strings trailing behind as he jets into the east hallway. Hector then grabs a handful of webbing and pulls with all his might, jaws clenched.

The spider sees it's prey escaping and it releases another torrent of webbing at Hector. The profanity out of Hector's mouth can't be mentioned here but you can imagine how so much more angry he is to be recaptured so fast. He moves away from the wall and finds that he can at least move around, his left arm plastered to his thigh.

Finally the spider stops bobbing and scurries forward, milliard of red eyes observing both the Carrion Guard escaping and the ex-slave slipping his bounds. With red eyes she watches this with a crimson tint but then sees the gnoll draw her attention back to him, she begins to bob up and down again, clearly in lust. It's truly the only thing that's keeping her from sinking her fangs into Hector, the slave, or the drained Carrion Guard.

Room 13a: Hallway
Secret Text for: Drusilla, Grak'ark, Remkah'ar, Hector, Fandrik
 
Rok tucks his wings and glides down the hallway in the dark. Fandrik's other light source on the east-side is his guide as he sprints, unseen, over a collection of dead bones from a battle long ago- humans and gnolls alike.

The Dark thing inside the raven ponders. Drusilla is right. This place is so much older than the Carrion King and his current reign, it was created by hands. By whom? Who knows. There are plenty of souls to collect, freely. that's all that matters at the moment.

Room 9b: Rovagug Shrine
Secret Text for: Rraelliarh
 
Darkvision reveals the mosaic of Rovagug eating maidens, towns, and worlds on the floor as the gnolls quickly pass the black shrine of the god of destruciton.

Ryrgia surges forward. Grak'ark thought the spider was beautiful... the demon gnoll would be absolutely magnificent to behold for the gnoll. Born from unholy matrimony and ripping from the witch's womb like a parasite shedding it's host, her fangs drip with thick saliva and he chest purrs with a deep growl. Closer, closer she draws.



DM Notes
right-aligned image
  • Okay so Round 3 is free for all. You can all post for this round. Don't worry lol I'll try my best to make it correspond with the initiative.
  • Blackfyre! Say hello to all my mates in the Group OOC. I think some of yall are already acquainted.
  • The weak Carrion Guard that Grak'ark is using as an offering is prone at the moment. In the next round I will put his token south of the druid and he will enter combat.
  • Hector has been recaptured It's now a 14hp or a DC22 for another Strength Check or Escape Artist check. He is entangled and can move at half speed, with the standard -4 Dex penalty.
  • Abd al Bari #1 is nearly free! 4 more dmg to the webbing. It's now a DC12 Strength Check or Escape Artist check. He is entangled but can move freely now with a -1 Dex.
  • Difficult terrain: (Red) The Fallen rocks here block the way and helps wall in the gnolls.
  • Large Boulder: (Green) 5' high. DC10 to climb on top. Chamber is 10' from floor to ceiling so you can move on it as if on Difficult terrain. If attacking from ground then you need reach or ranged attack to hit anyone on it.



Master Maps:
Salamander Nest
 

The Outer Temple
 

(G)The Great Dome
 

(H)The Middle Temple
 

(I)The Lower Temple
 

Combat Modifiers
 
__________________
LoF
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 06-28-2018, 11:35 AM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 30353
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 10,930
Don't mess with Grak'Ark

Grak'Ark
left-aligned image
As the mumbled words of Hector reach Grak'Ark's ears, he begins to tremble with rage. While he had to admit that the grey-muzzle had some talent with a sword, his attitude was completely unacceptable - and Grak knew he needed to be put into his place.

The messaging spell was not needed for Grak'Ark's screams, which echoed off the rough hewn cavern walls. "He disobeys a direct order and gets himself covered in webs and I am Incompetent?

You think I am incompetent?!"
the gnoll bellows incredulously in his native tongue, the fury in his voice evident for all to hear.

He releases his left hand from the end of his spear but somehow manages to continue his rhythmic, tapping communication. His words were timed in perfect coordination with each tap, enabling him to communicate with the spider as well as aid the worthless Hector.

"You want help getting out? You want out?!!" he growls, allowing his eye to turn towards the hopelessly entangled slave.

"Oh, I'll #%&^ get you out old man!" he bellows as he reaches out his left claw towards the hopelessly bound man.

"Gnist." he intones, allowing the word of a simple spell to escape his lips, one designed to light torches and campfires. But he knew today that this simple spell would do more - so much more to the pathetic slave. The gossamer thin filaments and sticky secretions that coated the webbing would quickly ignite when exposed to a flame.

The gnoll returns his focus to his rhythmic tapping, but the corners of his mouth upturn slightly as the cleansing fire begins to consume the webbing around Hector while simultaneously punishing him for his insolence.

But from the commotion coming from the other room, he knew he could not delay any longer. "Hadis, I will try to clear the way. Come when you can. Do not let any harm this spider."

 


 

Last edited by Squeak; 06-28-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:21 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is online now
Cheery haunt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 20029
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 6,030
Momma spider needs to meet Momma gnoll
left-aligned image
It looked like a possible challenge was coming. A monstrosity of a warped gnoll, likely aided by magic from the chanting that echoed in the distance. Fandrik smiled at the tale that such a battle would give him. An image in his mind's eye of free drinks being pushed his way, calls for more tales and lovely lasses hiking up their dresses just for a chance to be with him. "Bones heal, scars impress yet glory is forever. Haha-HA!" The words were soft and clearly directed at absolutely no one.

The halfling's revelry was cut short by Hector's plea for aid, followed quickly by a barking voice that could only be Grak'Ark. Another of those blue and purple butterflies fluttered away at the edge of his vision.

"My lady," He really couldn't call Drusilla pretty when she looked like a gnoll with a human face stretched out on top. "There are more and more coming. Chanting in the distance. These archers, guards and one big puppy that looks like it eats the others whole. You all need to find the others."

Once again Fandrik shook his head as his strength felt like it was slowly leaching away. Eyes looked back at the archers that crept closer and he forced a grin back onto his face, emphasized by his signature laugh. He would hold them back.

The silver dagger tumbled from his grip and Fandrik burst into a shifting spin. Grabbing at his waist, he removed a vial of acid and let it fly towards the closest gnoll archer. "Are you out of arrows yet, cowards? I see your big sister is coming. Don't let her see you with nothing to show for all your efforts!" His insults would have sounded much better if his vial hadn't of slipped from his fingers and flown in a very random direction.

Once again the little halfling laughed as the big gnoll closed in.

 

 

 
__________________
Next up: CS, Sh*
CS, LoF, RoW, SS, Sh*, TT

Last edited by Squeak; 06-29-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Fixed Jazzhand’s name
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:39 PM
Jarl11's Avatar
Jarl11 Jarl11 is online now
Cheery haunt
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 20029
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Posts: 6,030
Gark / Blobog, the Sly
left-aligned image
Gark jerked his head around at the sound of Grak's voice. Hopping from foot to foot, the goblin wanted to be off running after the chosen of Lamashtu. The only thing holding him back was the hadis that Grak listened to. She was still here, somewhere on the other side of the rock.

Quickly but cautiously he retraced the pee trail and inched along the southern wall. Stopping as he saw that disgusting halfling calling to the gnolls, egging them on. Sharp teeth grinned in the light as an idea come to him on how to shut the stupid thing up and let him go to the druid.

A prayer to the Mother of Monsters was quickly answered as thick, dark fog began rolling out from Gark's grinning form. It would reach out and cover the dumb pink skin, cover his false bravado. Then the gnolls would rush in. They would run over Fandrik first. "Hahahahah! I come, chosen one. I come!"

 

 

 
__________________
Next up: CS, Sh*
CS, LoF, RoW, SS, Sh*, TT

Last edited by Jarl11; 06-29-2018 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 06-30-2018, 03:18 AM
ekidnu's Avatar
ekidnu ekidnu is offline
Nargle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-15-2018
RPXP: 24588
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Posts: 6,439
Round 3
left-aligned image
With her jaw clenched angrily against the pain, Brack’ack, or rather a facsimile of the dead gnoll, winces as two more arrows pierce past her armor. She can feel her strength ebbing away, being eroded by whatever foul poison taints the arrowheads in her flesh. No. The others are depending on her to hold the line against the incoming horde. NO. She needs her strength for what is yet to come. NO!!! A vision of Lucilla’s battered corpse flashes before her eyes, and in that moment, she refuses to succumb, defeating the poison by a sheer act of will.

The cloaked gnoll frowns as two of her allies snipe at each other, clogging up Rem’s magical communication with their petty complaints. “Enough,” she hisses in a barely audible whisper under her breath. “Can you control the spider or not?” That’s the only thing that matters right now.

She doesn’t directly acknowledge Fandrik’s warning, but she knows it is time. She might not be able to see the enemy through the darkness, but she can hear the thunderous pounding of their footsteps, their bloodthirsty shouts and terrible roars, and the ominous chanting that permeates the noisy horde like a treacherous miasma. She can feel her breath becoming more and more difficult, a shallow rasp that barely scrapes any oxygen into her lungs. It is time to retreat.

As if to quell any lingering doubts, her vision suddenly dims, clouded by a dark fog that envelops her and those near her. “Retreat.” she wheezes, her voice halted by a spluttering cough. “Rem … lead the halflings to Grak.” Though Drusilla is unsure about the wisdom of running into the spider’s lair, she knows she must act decisively ... but if Grak is mistaken about this plan, she’ll feed him to the spider herself.

She takes a step deeper into the mist but immediately stops, her breath coming out in labored spurts as she leans heavily against the cavern wall. Looking down at the plucky swashbuckler beside her the warrior makes a shooing motion. “You too. Go. I’ll be fine.”

 


 
__________________
Traveling Dec 16-20 & 23-25: No internet access during this time.
Distorted Keep | Carrion Crown | Legacy of Fire | The Lost Coast
The Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 06-30-2018, 05:34 PM
Dressedtojazz's Avatar
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-16-2018
RPXP: 13469
Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz Dressedtojazz
Posts: 7,319
Hector Grimm
left-aligned image

Over the course of his life span Hector had been exposed to magic of all sorts, being both a boon and as malicious as anything at its core. A fickle element in a world he otherwise fully grasped. It showed here. The gnoll had not been intended to listen to his words. While they were possible true, he did not trust the slavering ogre-eater to keep calm over any fault that anyone pointed out. Maybe except Drusilla, which was weird enough as it was.

Hector clenched his jaw as he received the very not-whispering retort from the gnoll. He opened his mouth to bring the stray mind of the gnoll back to his tapping and then as the spider's webbing gave a hiss just around his groin and he looked down, he understood what the gnoll had done, impossible. The fire soared all around him in the second it took him to fully comprehend Grak'ark's actions. He was a living torch as he stumbled around. His strategic mind went from panic to cold calculation and his hand immediately dropped to the threat that not only could kill him and the black-skinned fisherman where they stood. The fuse grenades, if caught on fire would surely drop the very tunnel on him. The spider, the angry gnoll and everyone else would be caught under the immense weight of a shattered part of the Pale Mountain. That would not do. At least not while I'm here.

Hector's hand snatched up the hook that held the four grenades and he gently let it fall - he didn't have the time to see if Grak's action had lit the fuse already. He needed to get away. His clothes were still smoking from the instigated fire. If he didn't do something quick about it, he would suffer soon. Move! He exclaimed while he drew on the speed of his wrath, the urge to survive to take his revenge, the hatred that boiled as hot as the fire against his skin.

Abd Al Dari didn't need the urge he had freed himself with the massive sword in his hand and was now edging away from the battle. Towards darkness and possible freedom. He had intended to help Hector, but the old man was on fire and if the spider didn't succeed in killing him, the angry gnoll would surely succeed. It came as quite the surprise when Hector passed him in a blur of smoke and light, the heat radiating from him like from a stove.

Hand me my sword, soldier. Take my scimitar if you need a proper blade. Hector did not wait for the order to filter through the panic and fear that the beaten ex-slave probably went through too. He snatched the heavy blade from his grip and turned to the side to show said Qadiran blade hanging sheathed on his belt.

Hector now turned his attention to the magic that clung to them all, whispering and willing it through the collective,

Lastly he roared through the pain the fumes under his shirt gave and abandoned everything about the spell to deliver subtle words to all, to Hell with subtle. Confirm your success on the spider, Grak'ark! Granted. The spider and the grenades was not all that Hector had a mind to put distance between. The savage barbarian gnoll was fuming like a cauldron from Hell and was likely to burst at any moment. The 'gnist' spark that had landed on Hector to free him was a symbol on a near cataclysmic event playing out around the gnoll. It was only the beginning. Hector found himself wanting the spider to win and eat Grak'ark - things would be easier without him... he just wanted the gnoll to play out his role as bait for a few more minutes first, was all.

Meanwhile Rok was flapping in the rim of the shadow, watching the horrors come out like staggering giants through the tunnel in an ever flowing tickle. The shadows created from the magic-lit stone on the back of the tunnel were ever so scary. It was a matter of speech of course. Rok was not scared. How could he be? These were souls to be collected and they seemed to be in and endless supply.


 


 


 



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB