Game Thread Back in Business: Chapter One - Page 13 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Shadowrun > Back in Business > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 07-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15507
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 3,714
right-aligned image
When it had been decided upon that they would actually try the front entrance Jackalope had shrugged and pushed his reservations to the far back of his mind. Truth be told, this way was a lot more exciting - in a way that was up his alley, in contrast to bullets flying. (And he sure hoped that it wouldn’t come to that while he was somewhere very much in the open.)

Halfway to their goal he had ducked into a shadowy alley between two ramshackle buildings and, after throwing a glance left and right to make sure no unwanted eyes were watching, started to change his appearance. First the guise of the orc dropped, only to be replaced moments later by the dark skinned dwarf they had met not all that long ago after leaving the initial meeting at Underworld 93. For an instant there was a hint of blond, translucent, temptingly grinning male face covering Jackalope’s features, but once the look of the dwarf had solidified, it had vanished as if it had never been.

The dwarf looked down on himself, not really impressed by the clothing he saw. A short concentration later, the leather jacket looked a lot more high quality and as nicely worn as it had before, the white shirt was clean and not wrinkled anymore and the former dark jeans had changed into equally colored cloth pants. The shoes, while not changing their make, now looked only slightly dirty. No more than could be expected after somehow having made their way hrough the Cove. "<comms>Hey, Smiles, you can’t possibly fake the businesscard that Nazaire gave us, so I can give it to whoever opens the door?"

The necessary changes having been made to the shaman’s satisfaction, he rejoined the others to continue their way to the front door. And here we go. Jackalope felt the excitement build within him and he had to check himself not to show a foolhardy grin on his face. Instead he tried for and went with a friendly and non-threatening smile that greeted the orc who finally answered Cylla’s insistent knocks. "Good evening. Believe me, I do not wish to take up a lot of your time." The accent wasn’t quite what he had aimed for. He knew a thing or two about French, it was just the language he had never been interested in. In all likelihood, though, nobody here had ever actually met Laurent Nazaire and it would do. "I am here to suggest a lucrative business deal to Mister Turner. Would you please inform him that Laurent Nazaire would like to talk to him?" If he had a fake business card to pass along, Jackalope did just that before looking at the orc expectantly.


 
  #182  
Old 07-16-2018, 02:23 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2020
RPXP: 13585
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 7,534
Cylla
right-aligned image

The door is answered and she almost pops her blade and begins the slicing and dicing. The brutal murder of the person who answers the door is only prevented by the fact that he does not seem to be her quarry. Also, she needs to ensure that the hostage is actually here first. So, death is prevented for the moment.

She gives the man at the door a smile and attempts to look pretty. Wondering just how one does that takes up long moments of her time before she finally gives up and just stares into the building.


Rolls
Dice Perception:
4d6smch5 6 ✔, 2 ✘, 2 ✘, 1 ✘ (1/4) 1⇑ 1⇓ Total = 11

Last edited by Ysolde; 07-16-2018 at 02:23 PM.
  #183  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:16 AM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is online now
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15670
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 8,337
Grimm
right-aligned image
Grimm winced as he saw more of the strange hoodoo taking effect on Jackalope. It came with the territory, but he still hated magic. Not magicians mind you, not always anyway, but this stuff just wasn't truly right to him. Useful though, that's for certain.

When the door was opened his personal tastes were forgotten as he ducked lower behind his cover, squinting towards the building to try and make out anything. The Ogre assumed that the squishy was working his charm on whoever had opened it, but he was not close enough to listen in on it, so he contended himself with letting his eyes dart left and right. He may as well keep an eye on their flanks lest somebody surprised them that way.


Rolls
Dice Perception:
5d6smch5 3 ✘, 5 ✔, 2 ✘, 6 ✔, 3 ✘ (2/5) 1⇑ 0⇓ Total = 19
  #184  
Old 07-18-2018, 04:40 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,543
Today is the day you will always remember as the day, you almost caught Captain Jack...
right-aligned image
Jackalope waits for a moment before a mail icon pops onto his AR feed. "<<Done and Done,>>" says the message attached to the digital card. "<<Still waiting for that bedtime story Grimm >>"

Helios shuffles from foot to foot as the meet goes down. Was he selling the part, or was he that nervous. Only time would tell. Cylla glanced in the scholar's direction just as his eyes glazed over and he peered through the ork at the door slot. She tried to see what he saw, but only heard a general commotion from the room beyond.

In the meantime, Grimm keeps a silent vigil from behind the nearby crates. He snorts to himself as he sees a rat scurry from one ally to the next. Nothing else seemed brave enough to approach this area of the cove.

Jackalope finished his speech with a smile and risks a glance into the room beyond. He catches a glimpse of two orks and a troll at a card table, an empty fourth chair likely belonging to the chap at the door. He smiles again as the ork glares at his two companions. "That's Captain Turner, not mister Turner. Nothing slots him off quite like forgetting the captain bit."

He takes a step back and pulls out a comlink. "Oy, you expecting a Mister Nazaire? He says he's got business for you. Yeah, yeah, you sure, Aye aye sir." He sighs as he stows the comlink. "He's really into the pirate drek. Give me a moment." The hatch slides closed, and you hear a few bolts clank out of place. The door swings open, and a thin glimmering sheen is all that stands between you and your prey.

The ork fishes through his pockets and presses a small stone to the center of the shimmer causing it to snap to the shape of the door. "Welcome to Captain Jack's curios and oddities. The boss will be with you shortly." He walks back to the card table and sits down as the cardgame resumes.

OOC
 
__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?

Last edited by Imveros; 07-19-2018 at 08:39 PM.
  #185  
Old 07-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is online now
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15670
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 8,337
Grimm
right-aligned image
Grimm clenched his jaw shut and continued to stare at the warehouse as the scene unfolded, somehow avoiding to look directly at the man that opened the door fully to his companions, preferring to look at the back of Jackalopes head - now in the shape of that dwarfs.

The Ogre briefly patted down the many pockets of his oily clothes to try and remember what kind of mechanical friends he brought, and what might be appropriate here. With all the hoodoo around he was not confident eh could just have a bug slip in there - and if his friends were smart they would keep him in the loop some other way anyhow.

Yet Grimm was not happy to remain completely idle while clutching his gun, so he as quietly as possible got out one of his "noizquitos" and started it up silent. If things went south he could at least provide a reasonable distraction or blind the Pirate weirdos.
  #186  
Old 07-21-2018, 01:05 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2020
RPXP: 13585
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 7,534
Cylla
right-aligned image

If she had calculated the odds she would not have given a high chance for this ruse to suceed. Yet, somehow it had done so. She would remember it on her next mission that was for sure. Maybe it was just really unorthodox because most people would not assume that their enemies would just knock.

She stood waiting for "Captain" Turner to arrive and thought about just what they ought to do next. Some portion of her was disappointed that she couldn't just off him.

  #187  
Old 07-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15507
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 3,714
right-aligned image
"Of course, Captain Turner," Nazaire agreed amicably while waiting unhurriedly for the orc’s conversation to take it’s turn. And then it had and they were officially invited in. The success was a little high all on its own and it served nicely to mask his apprehension when he made the steps forward hoping that he really saw what he saw and that the ward was gone from the door. The shaman also took careful note of the pocket that the orc had put the small stone in. It was likely that they would need it later. Once things proceeded to the point that it became obvious that they did not have the necessary money to actually make a deal.

Once inside, hopefully with Cylla and Helios at his side, the dwarf nodded wordlessly to the welcome and the information about the short wait. After all it was to be expected. He spent the time looking around in idle curiosity, as one naturally did when being in a strange location.


 
  #188  
Old 08-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,543
right-aligned image
The metas continue playing cards while the trio waits for the captain to arrive. The players start a lively conversation in a smattering of English, Spanish, and Or'zet. Say what you will about the ork's ancestral tongue, but it does have some of the best profanity.

Several more minutes pass as Jackalope's comlink chirps. <<Anything Happening in there? I figured we'd have eyes on the prize or lead flying by now...>> Smilez' flare for the dramatic aside, why was this taking so long? They each thought to themselves as they head a door open and close at the top of the stairs.

Footsteps follow, and a moment later, Captain Jack descends the stairs. He makes it halfway down before he gestures to the assembled dock hands. "Let give this man a round of applause. Not just anyone could walk this far into the underground with their balls swinging like that. I just had an interesting conversation with the real Mr. Nazaire. Thanks for the number by the way. He was just as confused as I was at the whole situation." He gestures to the card players and continues to walk down the stairs.

The two orks casually place heavy pistols on the table, while the troll pulls out an oversized shotgun from behind the chair, and places it on his lap. A door behind the stairs clanks open, and a drone chugs onto the track surrounding the ceiling.

"Let's try this again, shall we? I'm Captain Jack Turner, and this is my crew. Who the frag are you lot?"

__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?
  #189  
Old 08-12-2018, 06:29 AM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15507
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 3,714
right-aligned image
The wait was a bit longer than expected and with every passing minute Jackalope’s mind went over the various reasons (likely and unlikely) that could be behind the passed time. When he finally found out what it really was, he could only think: Well, drek! That wasn’t how he had expected that one to go, though it was something to keep in mind for the future. There was one good thing about the wait: he had taken enough of a look around that he knew where to jump to get some cover, should the lead start to fly. It was his job to stop that from happening, though.

Captain Jack’s call for applause was met with a nonchalant shrug and a small smile clearly saying: “hey, it was worth a shot.” Trying to keep the easy attitude and not let on the tension that was building inside him he offered: "A pleasure to meet you, Captain. And apologies for the charade. A man of your business acumen knows that time is often at a premium and it seemed like a quick and convenient way to talk to you." The shaman did not, however, drop the spell. One thing he had taken care of when he started talking, was to leave the comms channel open and the microphone transmitting, so those outside would be able to hear at least what he said.

So, now, to roll the dice and hope that the stone was what Jack wanted? Or to try and get the hell out of there. Only then they were back to square one. Ah, what the hell. In for a penny… He took a confident step towards Jack, trying his best not to come off as threatening (which was likely easier due to it being the truth), and offered his hand with a winning smile. "Fingal Knight." Even though nobody would likely ever know, he was pretty sure that Fingal had some meaning of “white” about it. "And we actually are here for business, regarding a girl. I’m sure we can come to some amicable agreement."


 
  #190  
Old 08-12-2018, 07:01 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is online now
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15670
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 8,337
Grimm
right-aligned image
"Ah..." Grimm exhaled a small sigh as he caught on that the jig was up for his friends inside. They were staying cool - seemingly - so there was that. Maybe they were actually professionals after all.

No shots audible either, so Grimm finally put his Shotgun down behind the barrier he had used for hiding. It wasn't likely that any enemies would just leave their cosy fortress to run into his crosshairs he had to concede. Grimm studied the Drone rail before sinking deeper into cover and getting out his most valued possesion. Might as well plug into his RCC and check out the vicinity.

"Ey Smilez, you got that Drone on your radar? Could ya crack that open for me, ja? Pretty please?" Grimm sent with a thought after he had pushed through the adaptation period you got when diving into VR, even cold sim as he was doing now.


OOCYou did not actually tell me if the Drone was running silent or not, did you? I'll include a Matrix Perception check regardless, and if it was running silent Grimm just guessed that there must have been something on that rail.

Dice Computer plus int:
5d6smch5 1 ✘, 6 ✔, 6 ✔, 3 ✘, 3 ✘ (2/5) 2⇑ 1⇓ Total = 19
  #191  
Old 08-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-22-2020
RPXP: 13585
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 7,534
Cylla
right-aligned image

They had been found out, she didn't mind especially since it meant her Katana might just start moving in the direction of soft flesh. She glances at the people with their guns and shakes her head slowly. They had best not move their hands any closer or take aim or else she was going to remove the offending hands. "Talking option works. Will wait..."

She waited coiled like a deadly Viper.

  #192  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:29 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,543
right-aligned image
"Ah, there it is, the truth. Did her old man send you? A real prick that one. Sadly the little lady has something of mine and isn't being very forward on the what and how fors of its use. As soon as she wakes up, we're going to continue our conversations. Some women just can't hold their narcoject, am I right?"

He pauses for a moment, and you can almost see the numbers running through his head. "Come to think of it, I only need the girl so I can sell the stone. How about a two for one package deal? Every artifact sold comes with a free archeologist! Twenty-five large seems fair to me, that sound good to you boys?" He gestures back to the card players and they grin from ear to ear.

The drone chugs down the track as the man continues to speak. It stutters for a moment as status lights blink and then go dark. It then continues down to the halfway mark and comes to a halt. Grimm's display flashes with incoming messages.

<<All yours big boy :*>>
<<He should really invest in some better security>>
<<I bet he'd hate for it to fall into the wrong hands at a critical moment ^_~>>


__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?
  #193  
Old 08-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is online now
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15670
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 8,337
Grimm
right-aligned image
"Danke Alter Knabe.", subvocalised Grimm into the Ether of the Matrix as he focused in on the Icon of the Drone, ignoring all the other many things visible on and around the people in the warehouse. Finding it 'unlocked' for him Grimm jumped straight into the Drone to see what he'd got.

Old Piece, but she will do fine... Now part of the machine Grimm slid the chassis about slightly on the rail, trying to remain 'inconspicious' by still pointing the Drones gun at his comrades for a moment. Yet he was very keen to take proper aim at the Pirate-Wannabe. "Say the word boys, and Captain Nobeard goes Bumm"
  #194  
Old 08-18-2018, 03:09 AM
Blackfyre's Avatar
Blackfyre Blackfyre is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 15507
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Posts: 3,714
right-aligned image
Jackalope listened to the answer he received, cogs in his brain already turning and considering the options on how to get this done without a shootout. Of course the sheer amount of money asked made that one not an option at all.

"Well, it sure sounds as if our interests aren’t mutually exclusive, Captain Jack." The shaman smiled. "I would love to just agree to a buyout, but that one at least is not so simple. I can offer two alternatives, though." He kept a close eye on Jack, trying to judge the man’s reactions to what he was going to propose. "I do know someone who’d buy the stone, no manual needed." Hopefully Nazaire hadn’t made the offer to Captain Jack himself when they had talked earlier. "Or, well, Mister Nazaire could try and have a chat with the lady." He shrugged. "If she believes she was rescued… maybe she’d be more willing to share."


 
  #195  
Old 08-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-25-2020
RPXP: 31884
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 9,543
right-aligned image
"Yeah, yeah, the real you already tried to lowball me on the stone. Does it toast bread, or does it level city blocks? That's the million nuyen question, a question that could drastically alter its value. The dwarf knows something. I want to know it too. Those scholarly types always think they're better than us"

The three runners can almost see the lightbulb over his head as the idea comes to him. "Wait a sec, that disguise of yours ain't natural is it. You've got some juice in you don't ya? You got enough juice to steal what I need to know from our archeologist's head? It's gotta be faster than the old fashioned way. Less blood that way too! What do you say? She's all yours afterward."

Helios' fist clenches at the not so subtly implied torture, but he says nothing. The metas lower their cards and give Jackalope the once over as if he were a wholly new person. Everyone's pans chime with incoming messages.

<<Need I remind you the girl is like less than a third of the payday?!>>
<<The bounty on his head is more than the girl for ghost's sake>>
<<Not to mention the "hazard pay" old dwarfy will need to pay us for his stone after this little double cross>>
<<Also, chivalry or some such drek?>>
<<From the safety of my box, I vote violence! >>

<<~Smilez>>


__________________
Iron DM 2020 is live!!!
Do you have the write stuff?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB