Game Thread Wethills Outpost Game Thread - Page 30 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Knights of Justice > Old Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #436  
Old Sep 25th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,072

right-aligned image

Kubar wrinkles his nose when he realizes the people inside heard him. Sometimes he forgot his deep voice resounded fairly loudly when he wasn't trying to be more silent. Again he peeked inside. This time taking more time to examine the innards of the home, the lowly knight's eyes darting here and there until they finally fell upon the small boy. Kubar gave a closed mouth wide grin, giving him an odd creepy look. Not much meat on that one... Digging into his pocket with his free hand he pulls out a gold coin and flips it at the kid. Catch! Kubar commanded.


Your's if you help me unload my donkey from somethings. Come on now, light's a burning and am fairly hungry. Been eating trail rats for a few days, and am betting them veg'te'ma'bles yer ma's choppin' be going mighty far in making them tasty. How many are ye? Kubar does not wait for an answer and recounts the heads. Good... just enough.

Bluff Check vice Intimidate From Coax Information to make friendlyIf the boy hesitates in coming Kubar will say.
Come on, come on. If we wanted you dead, you'd already been. Want to keep 'em alive. Ya best be coming.

 



Kubar turns on his heel, giving the lieutenant a quick salute he passes by her towards his donkey. Waiting for the boy if he needs to.


On the way to the donkey Kubar converses with the kid.

You know who we are boy? Knights. No need to be worrying about your mom, pops, and siblings.

You guys alright? Rumor has it demons be prowling about... caught us a few imps ra'there on yer field. You seen or heard anything?
Kubar points towards where the battle had gone down. Stay. He commanded the guard dog. Here... He then said to the boy, and pulled out five trail rations. Dried jerky. Put them in a soup and it's just as good as the fresh stuff. Now let's go back. Kubar led the boy back. Still questioning him as they made their way back to the house.

Heard chicken's over by the porch... thought your pops gave 'em away. I have no interest in yall's food, but what gives? He hiding them or did he really give them all away?








Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #437  
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 26260
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,973
The young boy grabs the coin from the air like a starving dog taking out a rat. The coin and Kubar’s tone seem to calm the young man and his father. The older man nods to his boy and the younger man exits with Kubar. ”Knights like Imperial? Lord Westin says hes’s got Sir General Kane in his pocket. Kane’s knights are real bad, but they don’t let Orse like you in cause Orse are bad.”

The boy adds, ”But Kane and his men and Westin are the ones who take everything. They kilt our neighbors just cause they were elf blood. They takes are chickens and our stock even our beds and put weird rats in the fields. Them rats’s talk in your sleep tells ya to do bad stuffs so ahm thinking maybe Orse like you are good. Not sure what knights you’re with though.”
  #438  
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 03:05 AM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik
right-aligned image

Olodra
HP: 57/57 | AC: 22 | Init: +6 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 9/9/7
Diplomacy +11 | Bluff +13 | Intimidate +8 | Knowledge Religion/Nobility +10 | Perception +4 | Stealth +11
Lay on Hands 8/10 (3d6)
Effects:


Olodra is pleased to see her teammates perform so well. She hears the sounds of chickens beneath the floor, and is saddened by the fact that this family needs to hide them.

The drow finally steps forward. "We are the Knights of Justice, and you do not need to hide your remaining chickens from us. We are not affiliated with the Imperials or with Lord Westin. Instead, we're here to help, and the first step on that road is to use your barn, where we can...gather information about those strange rats. But first, can you tell us more about General Kane? And is there any evidence it is his men that are dropping these strange rats everywhere?"

Seeing how poor the family has become, she reaches into her pouch and grabs a few more coins. Putting it into the man's hands and then closing his fist around the coins, she says, "Here, regardless, please take these funds so you can get on your feet again."

ooc
 


  #439  
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

"Try to use it subtly though; you'd actually be worse off if Westin's men discover your winfall." Syl advised. To Olodra, the half-elf asked "I would like to attend to the bodies; their remains might yet have ecological ramifications if left where they are. Unless you have need of me for the information gathering Lieutenant?" That might sound troubling to the farmers she realized, "The strange rats." she explained. "You will notice fewer of them under your fields." Thinking better of calling Link over and mounting up in front of the farmer's family, Syl would await permission. "Lieutenant?"
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #440  
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ewis watched the Lieutenant give gold to the family. As she was obviously gonna ask for info from the farmer, so the young knight snapped his fingers at Kubar, quietly asking him to follow as he pointed to the barn. He took the Imp by the cuff and began carrying it toward the barn, talking a bit quiet to the orc, "Look, I say we at least set up, you know? Get us a big ahead of schedule here."


OOCn/a
  #441  
Old Sep 30th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,072

right-aligned image

Kubar listens to the boy and grunts when the boy makes known his opinion about orcs. Orcs, are bad boy. You see one, you best run and hide. Lucky for you am only part orc. The lieutenant jumped into the conversation he was having with the boy, and he couldn't help but wonder if the reason the drow and elves had pointy ears, was so that they could listened from long distance. He made note of that.

When she explained what type of knights they were Kubar just nodded and thumbed towards the lieutenant. Yeah, what she said. And he further nodded approvingly when she gave them a few more gold coins.


Kubar raised a brow at the snapped fingers from Ewis, but obviously the superior knight wanted Kubar to follow so he partly did. Oh... but we aren't done yet Corporal. Call it a hunch, but I think there might be more of 'dem imps under the porch. He called back to the lieutenant and the other drow, because though he suspected their ears could hear their conversation, he wanted to make sure they got that. You heard that lieutenant?

Without further delay, Kubar moved back towards the boy. Listen to me kid. Go get your family, and very quietly whisper to them and get them out of the house. Things might get messy.... exactly how many of those rats have you seen around?








Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #442  
Old Sep 30th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 26260
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,973
Farmer and Family inside
He slowly took the gold from Olodra and stared at her a few moments. ”Sorry to say, but the Knights have been declared illegal by General Kane and Lord Westin. Still, you all can go ahead and use our barn to get a rest and look at things. The mules won’t mind.”

He adds, ”Not sure what else I can tell you about them all. It’s been lots of bad news for anyone who helps the Duchess and anyone who don’t follow everything they want. You heard anything honey?”

The Farmer’s wife looks up from where she’s cooking now, ”Sewing Circle Says they have been gathering a whole lot of cloth and Mira’s Blacksmith son has been making a whole lot of weapons. Word is they wan’t to cross the wall.”


Young Farmer Outside
The kid looks to Kubar, ”No, no..that’s where we keep uhm...important things...” Realizing he’s caught in a lie he says, ”Look it’s the chickens okay we have ten hens and a rooster. Da’ cut them so’s they couldn’t cluck. The rat things in the fields can’t get into under the porch and General Kane’s men never hear ‘em. Sorry I lied to ya mister Half Orse.”


Stable
If anyone enters the stable there are two mules inside. They look a bit old, but can probably still pull a plow. The plow is in a third stall and a fourth stall is quite empty. You could easily set up in it with some hay to lay in.

Last edited by Ysolde; Sep 30th, 2018 at 08:31 PM.
  #443  
Old Oct 4th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,072

right-aligned image

Kubar raised a brow at the boy. Giving the kid a hard stare... and then a grin. Hah... good. Still we only killed so many of dem things. If you know there to be more you let us know.

Kubar went with the boy inside and dropped the rations to the kids mother. For da' soup. And looked over at the lieutenant. We are going to the barn to question the live. One. Anything in particular you want me to ask Lieutenant?







Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #444  
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 04:14 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan couldn't help but smile as Kubar went off with the family's son, the half-orc one of those people who seemed to be much more than they appeared on the surface. "Kubar, you can check Joker's saddlebags as well - I bought some fresh fruit this morning before setting off, they're welcome to it as well. She won't bite, she saves that for me."

Seeing that Kubar and Ewis had the interrogation apparently handled, he went inside with Syl and Olodra, looking around and listening to the farmer and his wife's story. The fact that the Knights had been declared illegal was a bit shocking, though not all that unexpected - for one the Knights would not fall under Lord Westin's sway, and secondly, they would be more than willing to assist those looking to flee persecution.

However, the fact that he was gathering weapons and planning to come over the wall, possibly at Fallhold? That was much more troublesome. "It seems your mission may have met some complications, lieutenant Olodra," Ceraan said quietly, keeping his voice low. "I'm loathe to hide our affiliation, but it may be wise to attempt to travel incognito once we're over the wall."
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #445  
Old Oct 8th, 2018, 03:51 AM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik
right-aligned image

Olodra
HP: 57/57 | AC: 22 | Init: +6 | Fort/Ref/Wil = 9/9/7
Diplomacy +11 | Bluff +13 | Intimidate +8 | Knowledge Religion/Nobility +10 | Perception +4 | Stealth +11
Lay on Hands 8/10 (3d6)
Effects:


The drow winces as she hears that Lord Westin may be planning an attack. She says to the farmers, "I'll be honest. If those rumors are true, then this area, so close to the border, may become a battlefield. I suggest taking your valuables, and just travel to Fallhold. The people there are very generous, and they WILL help you get back on your feet. More importantly, you'd be safer than staying here, with all those devil-rats."

To the rest of her group, she responds, "We are already across the wall, but yes, we should remove our insignias. Kubar, you should try to find out whether the devils are the ones behind Lord Westin's decision on the possible invasion. If they are not, then find out what they are doing. I suggest either paying up the 'dumb half orc' image, or going full on intimidate, if you're good at that."
ooc
 



Last edited by TYL; Oct 8th, 2018 at 03:51 AM.
  #446  
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 26260
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,973
Farmer and Family inside
The Farmer and his wife are happy to have the extra food. He takes a long sigh when Olodra suggests moving, "Been farming this land since my father's father's father. Wife and I will talk about it a long time. Maybe it is time to go I just hate to leave." It's clear he's thought of it before, but now with additional suggestion he and his wife are thinking more on it. Maybe they might actually leave...

The kid smiles as they come in and talks to his younger sister. It sounds a lot like he's telling her that he made friends. The younger girl walks over to Kubar and looks up at him. "You really an Orse? You really make friends with my brother?"


Stable
If anyone enters the stable there are two mules inside. They look a bit old, but can probably still pull a plow. The plow is in a third stall and a fourth stall is quite empty. You could easily set up in it with some hay to lay in.
  #447  
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,072

right-aligned image

Kubar looks at the smaller girl and grins. Yas! And Yas! Seemed tough enough... you tough enough? If you are you can be part of my clan too! Kubar's meaty fist ruffle's the kid's hair. Alright you runts stay here. I got work to do.

With that Kubar heads outside towards the barn and meets up with Ewis. Alright, how do you want to do this. Good knight, bad knight, or just bad knight, bad knight?


As he says this Kubar prods the imp with the stinky side of his quarterstaff. Hey wake up pisshead! Time to talk...




Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!

Last edited by Khalil; Oct 10th, 2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Gender change for kid
  #448  
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 26260
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,973
Stable
If anyone enters the stable there are two mules inside. They look a bit old, but can probably still pull a plow. The plow is in a third stall and a fourth stall is quite empty. You could easily set up in it with some hay to lay in.

Kubar enters with Imp in tow and wakes the little thing up. It hisses at him and is clearly trying to do some magic and failing. Plus, it's clear that the manacle is, at least somewhat, burning his skin. "Oww..mean nasty ugly brute. Not telling you anything."
  #449  
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

Unbidden, a smile sprouted on Syl's lips watching Kubar's interactions with the children. She pulled her hood forward in an attempt to hide her face and the delighted grin that had planted itself there. Watching the innocence and wonder that only a child could have stirred within the young woman a longing that would have to remain quelled for some time. A sidelong glance at the farmer's wife told her that she too was reveling in that same, heady, euphoria watching her children with the (seemingly) gentle giant. Syl wanted to step in and offer wolf rides on Link, but somehow she felt that doing so would ruin the moment. Like a bubble popping on the point of a needle. It was all she could do to watch the unlikely affinity from the sideline.

Olodra dispensed orders to the boys, and Syl found herself quite content to be un-included in the order to 'get information' out of the little creature. What would the boys do? How would they get the information? She could imagine a number of unpleasantries that could occur and, though it might be necessary, was still something she would happily avoid witnessing. She'd spent her life learning how to heal - the troubled look came back to her when they boys were dismissed to do their unfortunate work.

The Lieutenant, it seemed, planned on staying with the family of farmers. Perhaps she had more questions to ask, or wanted to advance the case that they should seek refuge at Fallhold - at least for a while until the situation here beyond the wall had been dealt with. Without any orders, any at all, Syl took her leave with a quick salute to the drow. Having no intention to witness the 'information gathering,' she felt the best thing she could do would be to tend to the nearby bodies. Keep their taint from the land. Guidance on Kubar actually, all of them - doesn't look like there is a limit on number of targets besides timeAs she passed the boys headed into the barn, she cast a quick spell to aid in their efforts. "Make sure you pin down its tail before you wake it." she reminded.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque

Last edited by Bio; Oct 10th, 2018 at 02:42 PM.
  #450  
Old Oct 10th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewis, taking a step forward, drew his Mithril blade and held it an inch from the Imp's neck. He
Dice Intimidate:
1d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25
stared down the Imp, with a glare. He was hoping to be able to intimidate it and threaten it, so it would give info for its life. Though at this point, he wouldn't let it live no matter what. Moving his shoulder a little, to stretch a little, he spoke, "Tell me, you ever seen Mithril slice through demon skin? It's shockingly a clean cut, I could show you, but you wouldn't be around to compliment it afterward. Now, I don't wanna bloody up a new sword like this, so here us out. How about you answer a few questions, and we'll see where we go from there. Savy?"


OOCn/a

Last edited by Krow Nest; Oct 10th, 2018 at 07:32 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB