RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Banished
twitter google facebook
4 2 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:10 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
right-aligned image
Splash ... splash ... splash ... the barge jumps the small waves of the shore breakers, in the rhythm of a monotonous, droning, dull drum of uniform sounds ... over and over again ... over and over again ... as the quiet elf sits motionless - scanning the horizon - eyes fixed on ... absolutely nothing.

... absolutely nothing.

Noting but continuous movement -- up and down -- up and down -- over and over. The sea spray coating his face -- thicker and -- thicker, until droplets collect on his chin ... 'This is me now ... This is IT! Decades, upon decades, upon DECADES of service. Night after night of countless watch. Conquerorings, conferences, courtships, crumblings -- Massacres, raids, be-headings, sexual interactions, riches, leisure ... silent murder, corruption ... Dinners of Decadence ... sweet children--small and now grown ...' The existential crisis that is this elf still ... stares mindlessly into the distance as the barge ... drones ... on and on, over the rolling, and never ending breakers.

A peasant is violently thrown over board-- 'good riddance'. The whining and crying poor saps and disgusting criminals ... continue on and on ... 'so what.' These other four over here are getting to know each other ... 'how nice they all look, making small talk. I wonder of they have any fathomable idea ... of where they could possibly be going, on this ****hole of a rotting barge...'

...'Mmmm, but that Redhead looks .... mmmm ... sweet and tasty. And she has a foul mouth ... mmmm ... that's my kinda woman.'

Ladies and Gentlemen... Well, I beg your pardon ... Lady and gentlemen. The middle aged elf, creaks up from his perch overlooking the edge, staggers lightly, and shuffles with an overt swagger, joining the two Pretty Blonde Boys, the apparent 'Doctor,' and the previously stated Foul Mouthed Redhead ... with a nice ass.

My name is Timothy Rausselfond. ... It's a ... pleasure ... to meet your acquaintance ... His words linger profusely and wreak of sardonic inflection. ... Indeed ... it looks as if we are all 'in the same boat together' as you have already, playfully stated. He then presents his open hand forward, eyes carefully falling to meet the lady's soft and delicate gaze. He motions to take her hand as is customary to greet a woman of delightful elegance, And please, Dear God(!) ... what in all of the realm is a strikingly marvelous woman as yourself ... stuck here on this grueling, crude, and preposterous executioner's ship?

... Please my Lady ... Tell me that you are here to save us ALL, from this sentenced life of impending toil and undeserved ... hardship. -He lingers on the word 'undeserved,' belying a sense of subtle resentment towards his immediate future.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 11-06-2018 at 01:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-10-2018, 03:03 AM
swordplay82's Avatar
swordplay82 swordplay82 is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 1025
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Posts: 884
KatSitting back and listening to the others, Kat seems almost bored as the others discuss things but her eyes never truly leave any of them; always watching.. and likely listening. It's only when the last of the boats apparent passengers board and approaches her, does Kat finally smile; leaning forward to apparently accentuate her ample bosom. "Well, Dear Sir", the attractive lady says with a smirk. "As I was explaining, I am a victim of vicious slander; not but an innocent maiden cast aside by one who claimed to love me but who could do little against the crone who held said man's balls within her embroidery bag". A distinct tone of anger can be heard in Kat's voice as she comments about the wife of her most recent patron before returning to a more playful one. "Alas, my beauty brings not but envy from such worn down *****, who saw justice in claiming me to be a witch; for why else would her husband seek someone younger, kinder, and more beautiful for his bed if not ensnared by magic". Raising the back of her hand to her forehead, Kat mockingly imitates the appearance of one about to faint. "Woe be to I for my beauty is but a curse and now I must suffer for the resentment of those who have been blessed. I know not how to save us but from grim somber boredom, for, although I may not be a witch, my dancing is like a magic onto itself; or so I am told".

Leaning back Kat returns to a normal tone of speaking as she rests her elbows against the edge of the boat. "Of course that ain't going to happen unless we can find someplace safe to settle in once we make the shore. I'll tell you boys what though, you keep me safe and fed and this kitty will be happy to teach you what she knows. Even one like you", she says, winking at Kain. "A cherry like you is always sweet. Just be sure to wash first. I don't really care for the scent of death. Living, breathing people are more my style".

Now finished with her play Kat turns her head towards the Doctor. "Well, since you seem to be the only one here with any idea of what we're getting into, Doc, why don't you suggest where we go once we reach land. That port town sounds pretty nice, pirates or no pirates".

Last edited by swordplay82; 10-10-2018 at 03:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-10-2018, 10:05 AM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 3762
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 3,777
Doc"Well.. All things considered", the Doctor said glancing towards Kain. "It's a little unlikely we would be able to make it to the port city in one go. If it was easy to get there and off the island I suspect everyone would do it. Instead I will suggest finding the settlement more towards the island's center, among the mountains. Although it's not the closest of the two exile settlements it will likely be the safer choice for our friend here", he said pointing at Kain. "The one closest to the shore has been said to be full of people who believe that they must repent for the crimes that have sent them here; or so I've heard. They can take a very intransigent stance when it comes to dealing with those they feel lay outside their strict morality. On the other hand, the settlement in the mountains might be slightly more lawless but would be more accepting of individual flaws or characteristics".
__________________
GMing: Mansion of Malice & Rise of the God Shards
Active Games (Playing): Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands as Magda, Prisoner of Dursang as Harlok, The Rebellion in Leinos as Harlok, Star Wars: Scum and Villainy as Alistra, Running in the Shadows (Dungeon World Hack for Shadowrun) as The Hood

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-10-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-10-2018, 12:57 PM
GunnyWar's Avatar
GunnyWar GunnyWar is offline
Retired Marine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-01-2018
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
Posts: 115
Banished BravoAs the boats close in on the near bonfire you can see ten to twenty people sitting and standing around the fire. Some of them seem to be watching you but none of them move as the boat gets close enough that some of you need to get out of the boat and begin dragging it ashore.
After the boat is dragged ashore a small group of men in shoddy leather armor come walking over to the group of you. The leader is a scruffy looking blond that cant be much older than nineteen. He swaggers to the front of the group and states.

AHOY we are from a small fishing village not far from here called Jone’s Town. My name is Eddard. I am here to invite those of you that desire it, to stay in our village and help out as you can. It’s a growing village… we even have a tavern and a forge.

While Eddard is talking a couple of the other men make their way through the banished helping to remove any remnants of chains or shackles that might still exist.

But if you be willing follow me this way. Are there any questions?

With that Eddard starts walking toward the east where you can clearly see the small fishing village and the plumes of smoke that must represent the forge and smaller hearths in the village.
__________________
Retired Marine, Aspiring Artist, Avid RPG Enthusiast
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-10-2018, 01:30 PM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 8781
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 7,334
Chad
right-aligned image
Kain's explanation seemed to hold Chad's attention well enough, even more so as he spoke of his curiosity towards Illumia. "Sounds like Nethys is a pretty practical guy. I mean I know magic can be used for bad too, but how it is used really depends on the user." Kain's near perilous plunge into the water beside them caused Chad to jerk forward as if to aid the man, but Kain managed well enough on his own. The sudden movement seemed to pain Chad slightly as he winced before sitting back down. The half elf seemed caught off guard as Kain dove right into yet more seeming philosophical questioning but to his credit he considered Kain's remarks thoughtfully. "Huh? I never really thought about using an undead like that before. I mean a lot of folks don't really know what happens to the souls and whatnot when you die so most think their loved ones are now some horrible monster. I mean, I can believe what you say but it don't make it any easier to explain to most folk why their old granny is a walking corpse. I guess some folks just see things differently when it comes to that sort of stuff."

As another one of their company spoke up, Chad seemed to find Timothy Rausselfond's sarcasm amusing for he chuckled as the elf laid into the compliments towards Katarina. "Good to see the voyage hasn't robbed ya of yer sense of humor Tim." While his advances didn't quite seem to hit the mark entirely, they did reveal Kat's reasons for being stuck on the island with them. The more he heard the more Chad wondered how many people were sent here unjustly. At least among his current persons the trend seemed common.

Out of them all, Doc seemed to be the most in the know which made sense given his voluntary exile to Zin. His plan made sense, but as Chad looked about at the other weary members of their band he sighed. "Travelin's all well and good Doc, but if this city yer talking about is in the mountains near the center of this place then I think we're gonna be poorly supplied for such a trip. Maybe we could gather some supplies and get a better lay of the land before we venture off into the unknown?"

By the time their boat had hit the shallows, Chad seemed eager to set his feet on solid ground for he was one of the first to exit the boat and begin towing it closer to shore. Despite the water making the effort relatively simple, Chad seemed to labor more so than usual in his task. Wet sand, salt, and seaweed caked his lower half by the time the island natives started approaching the group. Chad eyed them from afar curiously as he looked to the others. "I guess they get enough regular new members that they have camps along the shore to watch for em?" His thoughts were more out loud rather than directed to any one person.

With the removal of his remaining chains however, Chad felt far more amicable to the newcomers as he smiled and nodded. "Thanks for coming out to meet us. We really appreciate the help man. You guys normally wait by the shore for newcomers or did we just get lucky today?"
__________________
Normal Posting Days: Monday - Friday
Slow Posting Days: Saturdays & Sundays

Last edited by Eviltedzies; 10-11-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-10-2018, 03:59 PM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 3762
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 3,777
DocThe trip ashore gave Doc the opportunity to
Dice 'Heal' check:
1d20+19 (4)+19 Total = 23
check on the other passengers to see if any were injured or needed other forms of care while the stronger members of the groups saw to rowing. For the most part he tried to improve their dreary dispositions with
Dice Diplomacy Check:
1d20+13 (10)+13 Total = 23
words of encouragement of a brand new start and a promise that as long as they all stuck together they would end up where they all needed to be. At the same time the Doctor also
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+12 (2)+12 Total = 14
Dice Inspiration Bonus:
1d6 2
Sense Motive Total = 16
tried to gain a read on the other passengers, trying to extract even a small clue as to their motivations and demeanor.

When they finally reached shore and were greeted by the fishermen the Doctor's nature changed a little, turning more serious for a moment as he
Dice Perception Check:
1d20+12 (17)+12 Total = 29

Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+12 (6)+12 Total = 18
Dice Inspiration Bonus:
1d6 5
Sense Motive Total = 23
looked over their would be welcoming party. "Hmm, yes. Most fortuitous".
__________________
GMing: Mansion of Malice & Rise of the God Shards
Active Games (Playing): Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands as Magda, Prisoner of Dursang as Harlok, The Rebellion in Leinos as Harlok, Star Wars: Scum and Villainy as Alistra, Running in the Shadows (Dungeon World Hack for Shadowrun) as The Hood

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-10-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Rylus Rylus is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 1830
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Posts: 1,102
Kain"I thank you for the concern Doctor but i have been persecuted for most of my life so its nothing new to me, i will go where i am needed and very few could stop me." the cold look grows in Kain's eyes for a moment before returning to the warm nature he has presented thus far "Then again i was caught and dragged onto that ship against my will so i know there are at least a few that could." with a smile he looks at Chad "I see your point, but for the most part i find that skeletons serve better than Zombies so recognition is lower and the stink of rotting flesh has a way of getting to most folks." He seems to completely ignore the newest person to join them and looks at Kat "Thank you Miss Kat but i don't think that would be necessary. I have no want for the cravings of flesh as a lot of people seem to, watching a dance would be interesting though."

As the boat is pulled ashore Kain stays put, his hands mostly made useless by the gauntlet like manacles he had been placed in while on the ship. He had almost forgotten about them until the islanders offered to remove them which he agrees to with a smile. Once they are removed he flexes his fingers "Ah that feels so much better. I am willing to take a look, maybe stay the night in your village if the offer stands but as for staying as a new resident.....that i am unsure of. I think there was a plan afoot to head into the mountains, i am more than willing to supply the food for such a journey."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:34 PM
swordplay82's Avatar
swordplay82 swordplay82 is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 1025
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
Posts: 884
Kat"Your loss", Kat said with a shrug to Kain's rejection to her offer. "I'm sure there are others who will be happy to keep a poor girl like me safe on those cold dark nights", she says with a wink towards Timothy.

For the trip ashore Kat mostly flirted with those who gave her attention, occasionally looking towards the shore as it inched closer and closer to them. When they finally hit the beach and were greeted by the welcoming party. "Oh thank the Gods, I was thinking we would have to sleep out in the wilds or something. Tell me, she said to one of the new faces. "Who's in charge of your little village"? Putting her hand out Kat awaited someone to assist her off of the boat and the answer to her question.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:58 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
Life isa RPG Play it well
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 3921
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,007
right-aligned image



'These fun four right here seem quite excited and enthused to explore their new home, it seems. How interesting! How delightful. I wonder if they know that this is a Prison Island!!? Ugh. How dreadful this whole mess is.’ The Elf steps forward nonchalantly as the barge begins to empty its loathsome contents on to the shore.

'Doctors, Dancers, and Necromancers, hmmm my type of people.' He tightens his gear straps and plunks into the water with the subtle intention of following this new fab-four. Yes, let's all stick together shall we? Upon hearing a curious word from the spokesman of this abrupt greeting team, he shots out, TAVERN! Tavern you say? Well, well, maybe this won't that bad after all … at least for now...

Yes, Your Loss my young man, Kain is it? The now somewhat cheery Elf-- locks elbows with his new and lovely island companion. Not to fear my dear, he says slyly, For I’d cut a man’s tongue straight from his head, if he took but an utterance of a moment to speak profanely, of your wonderfully curvy and exquisite physique! I’d have none of that for certain! Now, off to the tavern(!) my new friends-- for I need a stiff drink, and maybe a sweet kiss as well, from any delightful and curious new acquaintances … He ends with a playful wink directed at his gracious arm companion.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 10-12-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Rylus Rylus is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 1830
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Posts: 1,102
Kain"I didn't mean to offend miss Kat, just survival is more on my mind at the moment." as Tim starts up about it being his loss Kain just rolls his eyes "Miss Kat you were asking if any of us would rape you earlier...you may have just found someone. Flowery words of a noble with a slight decay from being forced from your nice things would be my guess. Then again who am I to judge as one who was sent here as well." he shakes his head and moves with the group, not yet comfortable with splitting up just yet. Taking hold of the mace at his side raises it into the air and mumbles a few words before the head of the mace begins to glow brightly like a torch.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-12-2018, 02:47 PM
GunnyWar's Avatar
GunnyWar GunnyWar is offline
Retired Marine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-01-2018
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
Posts: 115
Banished BravoEddard walks backwards to better be heard as he talks and walks.

We come out every time we see a ship well since the town was founded seven months ago. We are trying to compete for settlers against Peace and some of the other small towns that are popping up.


He stumbles a little and turns to walk kinda sideways so he can continue talking

The town is run by Mr Jone he is a big man like seven foot tall and a fisherman he actually runs the tavern now though and we are always looking for new folks to join our town and help out where they can.
__________________
Retired Marine, Aspiring Artist, Avid RPG Enthusiast

Last edited by GunnyWar; 10-12-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Eviltedzies's Avatar
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies is online now
Valor Morgahlis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 8781
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Posts: 7,334
Chad
right-aligned image
Despite the minor bickering, Chad seemed in good spirits as he listened to Eddard speak. Slowly raising his hand, Chad interjected. "So ah...... stupid question but I'd never even heard of Zin until they put me on the boat to it. Mind filling me in on the major points I should be aware of? You mentioned other cities on the island. Doc here had suggested we make a trek out to the one in the mountains but that seems a heck of a long journey to make when there are other towns like your much closer." For such dire straights, Chad seemed relatively optimistic in his tone and almost naive in his seeming trust in others.

As they trekked along, Chad tried to shake loose the extra bits of salt and dirt still clinging to his form with little success. His progress did little to deter his mood however and the half elf eagerly continued with his questions for Eddard. "Well if Mr. Jone is a fishman it makes sense why you guys are so close to the shore. You said something about competing with the other towns..... so like you mean for food and resources right?"
__________________
Normal Posting Days: Monday - Friday
Slow Posting Days: Saturdays & Sundays

Last edited by Eviltedzies; 10-12-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 PM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-11-2018
RPXP: 3762
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 3,777
DocThe Doctor hangs back a little; close enough to hear the conversations but far enough he could keep an eye on most of the people present.
__________________
GMing: Mansion of Malice & Rise of the God Shards
Active Games (Playing): Kingmaker: The Stolen Lands as Magda, Prisoner of Dursang as Harlok, The Rebellion in Leinos as Harlok, Star Wars: Scum and Villainy as Alistra, Running in the Shadows (Dungeon World Hack for Shadowrun) as The Hood
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Rylus Rylus is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2018
RPXP: 1830
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Posts: 1,102
Kain"Do you fish from the land or do you have crafts capable of making it out into the water?" Kain asked there guide "I only ask because if you can make open water i would like to know what is keeping you here other than the creature in the water out there." he waves a hand towards where they had seen the man tossed over "Surely there are people on this island who could build a ship."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-22-2018, 12:58 PM
GunnyWar's Avatar
GunnyWar GunnyWar is offline
Retired Marine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-01-2018
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
Posts: 115
BravoEddard continues to walk sideways fielding questions

We have some smaller fishing boats in the village we use for fishing but without a pier and drydock we are unable to make larger vessels that could carry us farther

We compete with other settlements for supplies our food is relatively secure being that their are not much in the way of fishermen. But most important is we are competing for the people

As they walk into town a small man runs out to meet Eddard and whispers something in his ear. Eddard straightens up and announces

Alright looks like you are all to meet Mr Jone early follow me

He leads the group into a large tavern that has a huge fireplace in one end and a long bar along the left hand side. A large man stands behind the bar polishing a glass He announces in a gruff voice.

Welcome to Jone's Town. I am Mr Jone I have a buisness proposition for a few of you. Firstly I need fisherman, secondly I need skilled labor and lastly I need some people willing to risk their lives to help the town.
__________________
Retired Marine, Aspiring Artist, Avid RPG Enthusiast
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2018, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB