Characters The Masks We Wear - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Breaking of Exandria
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 6th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame GM 2023

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9470
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
The Masks We Wear

Post your characters or links to them in this thread. Character creation guidelines are below.
  • Characters begin at 2nd level.
  • Ability scores are generated using the Standard Array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8 or Point Buy Method described on page 13 of the Player’s Handbook.
  • Starting gold is maximum starting gold for class/background plus 20gp.
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 03:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13817
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Ronald ‘One-Bone’ Devyn
right-aligned image
Ronald Devyn - MISSING IN ACTION

Race: Human (Variant)

Class: Barbarian

Appearance: Some men are blessed with a handsome face, a body that makes them desirable to women and a mane of hair that makes them the envy of other men. And then there is Ron. He has a face only a mother could love, even if his didn’t. He has a large, bulbous nose, a jawline that never looked quite right after getting broken when he was a boy, and a mouth full of crooked teeth. His hairline started receding before he hit twenty and he is now almost completely bald. He isn’t very tall at 5’8”, but quite broad and muscular and tough-looking.

He tends to wear filthy pants and a west, showing off his scarred, bare chest and tattooed arms. He is rarely seen without his massive hammer, the weapon he’s used to forge his reputation as an enforcer in the criminal underworld of Stilben, and his unusual nickname, One-Bone.

Alignment: Neutral.

Background: Urchin

Personality Traits:
- I tend to find the smartest person around and try to do what I think would make them like me.
- I don’t mind risks and am confident that no matter how grim the situation, things will work out, somehow.

Ideal: People. I don’t care about rules or classes or society. I just like having people I think are my friends and will do what I can to keep them.

Bond: Even if I’m not formally a member of the Clasp I have been working for them since I started running errands for crooks as a small urchin on the street. I owe them everything and they know it.

Flaw: I am quite gullible and often take things people say a little too literally.

Personality: Even in the criminal underworld of Stilben there aren’t many people who call Ron their friend. Most tend to make fun of this dim-witted thug and try to see how far they can push him without him realizing he’s being played with. This is why he values people who really want to be his friends above anything else. Although he is normally quite calm and collected, he can get angry when he thinks his friends would want him to.

Ron isn’t really a moral person, nor is he instinctively bad to others. He tends to take after one person that he’s around, mirroring that person’s behavior and outlook on life. If they are nasty to others (and they usually are) he tends to follow suit. Should he start following someone with a bit better outlook on life he might try to see if that suits him as well.

OOC

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; Apr 4th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 03:49 AM
Frog of the Hybrid Geeks

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24772
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Verdigris
right-aligned image
Name: Verdigris
Race: Dragonborn (Bronze Ravenite)
Class: Druid (Circle of the Land)
Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: Verdigris's bright bronze scales give way to a green-ish grey rime along the edges, giving him an oddly mottled look. He is broad shouldered and stout framed, but he is whipcord lean with no spare flesh, giving him an illusion of size and strength that he doesn't really possess. He is dressed in a strange mishmash of cast off clothing and leathers that he has scavenged or borrowed from others on the barge.

Background: Sailor. Before the fall, the masters lived above, and we toiled below. We did not leave our lands, but we sailed the seas to glean its riches to feed those above. I rode the waves and fished the waters. It was all I knew. When the cities fell, some of the masters sought to flee the destruction and commanded our ship to sail west. We still languished under Draconian rule, unaware of the fate that befell our brothers and sisters.

Along the coasts of Tal'Dorei, the masters sought to preserve their power and influence in a new land. But one day, news came to us of our homeland, and we learned our people were free. The crew rose up and claimed the ship, free of reprisal. They debated a return to Draconia, or a new home in a new land. But for me, the seas had always been my home. I stood at the railing, faced with infinite freedom and heard the ocean call to me. I dove overboard, swimming away and never looking back.

I have fended for myself well enough, but there is something missing from my life and I am not sure what. I found myself coming closer and closer to the human cities, watching them warily. I traveled the coastlines and the rivers until a woman named Addison found me and offered me work. I am no stranger to work, but now they pay me for it. It truly is a strange new world.

Personality: Verdigris is still trying to adapt to a rapid culture shock. He was a slave until one day he suddenly wasn't any more. He's heard of the fall of Draconia, Vorugal and the Ravenite rebellion, but they all seem so distant and unreal. He isn't exactly worried about his old masters returning to re-enslave him, but nor has he fully adjusted to the changes. The magic rising from within him has also filled this period with turmoil. At first the call of sea and land was overwhelming, and he used his newfound freedom to to answer the call. But now he seeks to balance his life, weighing freedom and his magic against his more social natures. The barge work has been his way to dabble his toes in Tal'Dorei society without immersing himself fully. He isn't sure he's ready for that yet, and feels more comfortable learning about these people while also spending endless lazy hours on the river.

Trait: I have spent so long as a slave that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.
Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not.
Bond: I am still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I follow orders, even if I think they’re wrong.

Stat BlockVerdigris | Ravenite | Druid (Circle of the Land) | Level 7

HP: 59/59 | AC: natural + shield16 | PP: 16 | Initiative: +1 | Speed: 35ft

Stats: Str 10 (+0), Dex 13 (+1), Con 16 (+3), Int 8 (-1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)

Saves: Int +2 | Wis +6

Attacks: Attack +7 ; 2d10 acid damagePrimal Savagery, DC 14 ; 2d6 cold damage ; disadvantage on next weapon attack ; range 60'Frostbite

Skills: Athletics +3 | Nature +2 | Perception +6 | Survival +6

Languages: Draconic, Druidic, Common

Relevant Equipment: Requires Attunement by a Druid (Attuned)

This staff can be wielded as a magic Quarterstaff that grants a +1 bonus to Attack and Damage Rolls made with it. While holding it, you have a +1 bonus to spell Attack rolls.

The staff has 6 Charges for the following properties. It regains 1d4+2 expended Charges daily at dawn. If you expend the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff loses its properties and becomes a nonmagical Quarterstaff.

Spells: You can use an action to expend 1 or more of the staff's Charges to cast one of the following Spells from it, using your spell save DC:
  • Animal Friendship (1 charge)
  • Awaken (5 charges)
  • Barkskin (2 charges)
  • Locate Animals or Plants (2 charges)
  • Pass Without Trace (1 charge)
  • Speak with Animals (1 charge)
  • Speak with Plants (3 charges)
  • Wall of Thorns (6 charges)

Tree Form: You can use an action to plant one end of the staff in fertile earth and expend 1 charge to transform the staff into a healthy tree. The tree is 60 feet tall and has a 5-foot-diameter trunk, and its branches at the top spread out in a 20-foot radius. The tree appears ordinary but radiates a faint aura of Transmutation magic if targeted by Detect Magic. While touching the tree and using another action to speak its Command, word, you return the staff to its normal form. Any creature in the tree falls when it reverts to a staff.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Melora's Blessing, Wooden Shield, Requires Attunement by a Spellcaster

While this pearl is on your person, you can use an action to speak its Command Word and regain one expended spell slot. If the expended slot is of 4th level or higher, the new slot is 3rd level. Once you have used the pearl, it can't be used again until the next dawn.

[ ]
Pearl of Power

You have resistance to non-magical slashing damage.Damage Resistance | Moving through nonmagical difficult terrain costs you no extra movement. You can also pass through nonmagical plants without being slowed by them and without taking damage from them if they have thorns, spines, or a similar hazard.

In addition, you have advantage on saving throws against plants that are magically created or manipulated to impede movement, such those created by the entangle spell.
Land's Stride | When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your Dungeon Master will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.Ship's Passage

Last edited by hafrogman; Jan 29th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 04:18 AM
Blue Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18000
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The Good Doctor
right-aligned image
Name: Bellamy “Doc” Hannan
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Cleric (Blood)
Background: Hermit
Alignment: Neutral Good
Ideal: Survival. Bellamy places nothing above her own hard-won well being.
Bond: In her heart of hearts, Bellamy knows that Mother Lucinda and the patrons of her orphanage will one day find her…
Flaw: Bellamy sees the worst in people and is deeply distrustful of overly benign or altruistic persons. She refuses help, even from those with good intentions.

Personality:

A cynic to the bone, Bellamy is most comfortable in the inn room which doubles as her makeshift clinic and semi-permanent home. Affectionately nicknamed “Doc” by Stilben’s seedy lowlifes who make up most of her clientele, the young half-orc is caustic, critical and impatient with euphemisms. Not known for her bedside manner, you can trust the good cleric for efficient healing and discretion. She’d rather not be talking to anyone anyway.

Backstory:

OOC

Last edited by Vislands; Oct 12th, 2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Precisely when I mean to.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood AmonBlackwood
Ada Proudwind
left-aligned image

Name: Ada Proudwind
Race/Class: Human, Cleric - Light Domain: Dawnfather
Gender/Age: Female, 32
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Guild Artisan (Brewers Guild)
Motto: "There is always another dawn."

Personality/Backstory:
Upbeat, humble, and always willing to share an ale, most folk would not suspect Ada to be a Cleric of the Dawnfather. Anyone who knows her would tell you that she's much quicker to talk about the blacksmith's new baby daughter or her latest blend of hops than about her sworn deity. Ada lives in the now and focuses on what can be done immediately to solve problems or help people. She has an independent spirit that has driven her from formal worship of the Dawnfather, and she knows she does more good in the world whilst rubbing shoulders with common folk. (They're more interesting anyway!)

Ada grew up in Emon with her family. The only child of a poor shipbuilder, she found opportunity studying the calls of the Gods. The Dawnfather's mission to foster and preserve life resonated with her own natural spirit, and she devoted herself to his will. In her 20s, she felt the pull to leave the cloistered life of the temples (against the wishes of the priests) and left to pursue work amongst the common folk. Ada's late 20s saw plenty of work delivering children and blessing poor folk, whilst brewing ales alongside the Brewers Guild masters. The masters took to Ada's charm, honesty, and willingness to *sample* the bounties of the Gods, qualities they had rarely seen amongst missionaries and clergy. Recently, she has wandered far afield from Emon, in search of places that needed her skill and help more than her home.

Currently, Ada finds herself in Stilben, contracted to help smuggle goods for coin. While the method may not be entirely savory, she plans to use part of the generous spoils to free a local family from their debt. With a little extra silver, they will be able to leave Stilben and found a homestead away from coin sharks and the fumes of the marshes.

Ideals/Bonds:
The cycle of life and death is essential and balancing. Ada will protect innocent bystanders, but has no qualms ending those who live by the sword.

Ada has a knack for building a home and family anywhere she goes. Even rough-and-tumble types find her manners endearing, especially after they try her heavier brews!

Flaws:
Ada is trusting and willing to stick her neck out for others. More than once she has been forced to leave a town after some bureaucrat or crime boss' status quo was disturbed. This tendency sometimes creates more problems than good, and Ada is not without the guilt of ruining the lives of people she was trying to help.

Chronically low on coin and often indebted to shady people.

Last edited by AmonBlackwood; Oct 11th, 2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33714
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Talia Cat
left-aligned image
Name: Talia Cat

Race: Shifter - Longstrider

Class: Rogue - Swashbuckler

Appearance: Talia is a mix of pretty and odd looking. Luckily the race she takes after is of a hairless variety so she has little to no hair on her body save her head. She has thick black curly hair atop her head that she fusses over as she has a hard time keeping it in any manageable shape. Her ears a large and shaped too unlike elves, gnomes or halflings for her to pass for them. And at 5'1", she often does at first glance. Also, she doesn't wear shoes. At first glance, it looks like she files her fingernails into long spiky things, but a closer look reveals that they grow that way.

Alignment: NG

Background: Criminal

Personality Traits: The best way to get Talia to do something is to tell her she can't do it.

Ideal: She doesn't steal from others in the trade as she's loyal to friends, not ideals. Everyone else can take a long walk off a short pier.

Bond: She has aspirations to become the greatest thief over the greatest thieving empire the realm has ever heard of.

Flaw: If there's a plan, she'll most likely forget it, and if she does remember it, she'll find flaws in it and do her own thing.

Personality: Talia really loves two things, besides herself of course, and those are wealth (to buy nicer things), and a good fight. She loves a good fight, especially those she wins and doesn't get hurt or wounded, but even those can be fun. She doesn't say much if she doesn't know you, but if she does, you'll hear her opinion and usually with some friendly barbs and comments thrown in.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Oct 11th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old Oct 12th, 2018, 12:09 AM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Cyprian Thoros
Height: 6'1
Weight 165lbs
Class: Rogue - Assassin
Alignment: True Neutral
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
  • Traits: Slow to trust: Those who seem fairest have the most to hide, and therefore calls for caution. High standards: Mistakes get people killed.
  • Ideal: I am loyal to friends and family, not beholden to idealistic schemes.
  • Bond: Born into a long line of generational assassins, my bloodline is guilty of terrible crimes. I hope to escape it.
  • Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely. I am a keeper secrets and rarely, if ever, share them with anyone.
Appearance:
Cyprian is a man of few words, often only speaking when necessary. He generally keeps his appearance hidden under a hood but he has the face fit for a successful charlatan. With his intelligent blue eyes, strong features, and long brown hair tied back and out of the way, many would find him rather handsome. Unfortunately, his personality is as chilly as the grave and that fact tarnishes his good looks. The cold, deadly aura he exudes tends to put discomfort in mortal hearts. Cyprian is far more content watching those around him, calculating their actions and assessing them. Only few have ever been lucky enough to catch sight of a tattoo of a spider on his forearm. Even fewer have witnessed the tapestry of scars that mar his body-- none look like wounds won from battles, but earned though other horrors of the blade.

Cyprian wears dark clothes and leathers, opting to blend into the background until the right moment. A small inconspicuous armory of daggers and darts are strapped to his chest, legs, boots and back. You never know what situation or position you'll find yourself in. Best to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Poisons are near and dear to his blackened soul. While he is as charming as once-slumbering wyvern, he has other...Persuasive means to get things done.

Personality/Background:
Cyprian has been called many things. A professional being one of them. He has traveled in all corners of the land, dispatching those with bounties on their heads. Be it for political reasons, old grudges and rivalries, or simply as examples, the lifestyle has lead to him to be frigid and compartmentalized since youth. Although quiet, he has a dry sense of gallows humor that is often delivered deadpan. The delivery often leaves people confused if he's serious or not.

Being a silent observer serves him well as an assassin, but his general paranoia amplifies his disconnected, distant behavior. He is almost phobic of unwanted attention, however years of practice has made it difficult to read his discomfort. Despite his near indecipherable demeanor, nothing gets his blood boiling with rage more than a risky mistake, especially one that has jeopardized his life, that of his team, and gaining too much notoriety. Collateral damage is reserved for most dire situations, and needless deaths that can be avoided is a high priority objective. Regardless of his dispassionate traits, he is committed to whatever motley team he has found himself in, and whatever the job requires.

Early Life

Present Day

RP Sample

Character Growth

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12337
Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne Syne
Alys of Drynna
right-aligned image
Name: Alys, sometimes Alys of Drynna
Race: Water Gensai
Class: More brawler, reallyMonk - Way of the Four Elements
Background: Urchin

Trait: I have a quick temper and a quicker mouth; it's gotten me into trouble more than once.
Trait: I have a soft spot for kids, especially those in a tight spot. I can't help but go out of my way to help, even if I'll complain about it.
Ideal: I get to define myself; nobody else gets to do it for me.
Bond: I left my friends behind, but I'd still do anything to help them.
Flaw: I'm impulsive and rash, seasoned with a bit of ambition. I don't want to be controlled.

Appearance: Alys is marked as an oddity most everywhere she goes by appearance alone. Her skin is pale, closer to an icy blue than any human tone, and her hair is a shock of white that hangs around her shoulders. She's also young, and her short height and slim build make her seem younger than she is. It's a stunning effect, clashing spectacularly with the bright white of her hair. Still, there's a pugnacious edge to her; her movements are graceful and fluid, exuding confidence. She tends to smirk frequently, and her nose is slightly crooked, as though it has been been broken at least once.

Old Jul 26th, 2019, 01:35 AM
He/Him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25662
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Zara Kotsk
right-aligned image
Name: Zara Kotsk
Race: Human variant
Class: Wizard, School of Divination
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Archaeologist
Personality Traits: When I get interested in something I’m like a dog with a bone.
Ideal: Truth. No matter the cost, the truth should be spread to the world.
Bond: They mocked and ridiculed me. Well, I’ll have the last laugh.
Flaw: I can never admit when I’m wrong.
Appearance: Zara is tall and lanky, with the unfortunate habit of getting a little too close and looming over people when talking to them. She doesn't worry much about her appearance and is often seen with things caught in her tangled and matted hair for days at a time.

Personality: Zara is always moving, bustling around her study or pacing the lecture hall, or simply jogging around the campus, she simply never stops until she eventually falls asleep some time in the middle of the night. She is a no-nonsense type with little in the way of a sense of humour (although she will chip in with bad puns at odd moments) and she doesn't deign to pollute her body or befuddle her senses with alcohol. She considers her sexuality to be an unwelcome distraction and will, once every two weeks without fail, find a suitably junior sexual partner to relieve that distraction so that she can get back to more important things.

Zara considers herself more of a "big-picture" person and prefers not to get bogged down in the details of the day-to-day running of the department. Her assistant, a cheery little halfling man called Nersum Froom, ably keeps the majority of the problems from her door, for which, if only she knew, she would be eternally grateful. She has an intense distaste for the students whom she has to teach, considering them similar to a larval stage of true academics and not really worthy of her consideration until they have proven themselves (i.e. graduated).

Her personal life has been almost non-existent since she split up with her husband, a renowned historian called Professor Gumfrey Hewsmith, twelve years before. They split amicably and agreed a fair split of their possessions; she took the house and he got their friends and pet dog (since deceased). She was more than happy with this arrangement because she already had tenure by that time and so she was very much ready to let the networking part of her job slide.

Outside of work she only has one passion; she is an avid collector of shells. Her proudest possession is a conch shell which is three feet across and has been fitted with a mouthpiece and reed to act as an impressively loud musical instrument. Zara herself has no musical talent and she will not let anyone else touch it, but she will assure anyone who will listen of its beautiful tone in the hands of an expert. She also has at least one example of most types of shelled-creature which she knows about, preferring unusual examples (either unusual colouring, extreme size or particularly rare). The collection is not considered to be worth very much money, but Zara would be devastated if anything happened to it.

Backstory: Zara is the head of the archaeology department at Westhall Academy and a Scion of Yuminor. She knows of the Sight Shepherd and the Astural Scrolls. She has grown impatient with Headmistress Estella Ladimara's reluctance to do what is necessary to face the looming threat. Estella, as the head of the order and the Academy, sees their role in a broader historical context as custodians of the knowledge contained in the Scrolls, as well as watchers for the encroachment of the nameless horrors the Sight Shepherd described in his writings. Estella has always viewed Zara as impatient, rash and undisciplined, qualities not befitting a scholar. And so the two have been at odds.

But recently, world events and the observations of the Scions have convinced Estella that something is indeed happening. She still disagrees with Zara on how best to handle these developments, but she did relent and allow Zara to send an expedition to an ancient site in Marquet that Zara believed was described in one of the Astural Scrolls. That was the expedition that recovered the tablet. Erden Marck, her subordinate and leader of the expedition, is not a Scion and is unaware of Zara's true motives in sending them. Young Sammel Watters, an initiate into the order, was her agent on the expedition. When she learns of his fate, she will be saddened. But as you said, she cannot admit when she is wrong, and she will believe it to have been a necessary risk.

Speaking of Erden Marck and the expedition, you'll remember his letter was addressed to Professor Malfait. There is no Professor Malfait at Westhall. The party will have discovered this when they try to contact him. It was an arranged alias with Professor Marck in case any of their contraband were intercepted. Marck thought it was an unnecessary precaution (which is why he uses his real name in signing his letters), but he is used to the eccentricities of his boss and abides by it. The letter and the artifact were actually intended for Zara.
Old Apr 28th, 2020, 05:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13817
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Caspar di Lorca di l'Omollia di los Enansas Giterxos (Caz)
right-aligned image
Name: Caspar di Lorca di l'Omollia di los Enansas Giterxos (Caz)

Class: Paladin (Oath of Heroism)

Appearance: Caz is a lanky man of just over average height. He is athletic but far from muscular with a tanned face and sun-bleached blonde hair that reaches down to his shoulder. His face is handsome with a strong jawline, prominent cheekbones and stinging grey eyes. He usually styles his beard into a thin mustache and a goatee, but when at sea he sometimes lets his beard grow out.

Caz tends to dress in fashionable clothes, usually a shirt under a blue or dark-green jacket. The outfit is usually topped with a hat to keep the sun off his face. Lately he favors a broad-brimmed black hat with a rather stylish dark-green feather. Always present around his neck is the holy symbol of Sehanine, a crescent moon turned upward, strung like a bow.

His appearance changes quite a lot depending on what he’s doing. When out and about in a civilized area he tends to look unarmored but carry a well-made rapier on his hip as well as a metal buckler for protection. When at sea, he switches out the rapier for a curved cutlass, a more practical weapon for the rolling deck of a ship. At times when he expects trouble, he’ll either appear in a stiff leather armor or a well-made and slightly decorated breastplate depending on the type of trouble and the location he’s in.

Alignment: Chaotic-Good

Background: Sailor (Pirate/Privateer)

Personality Traits:
- I like new experiences and meeting new like-minded people. I'll try almost anything once.
- Although I'm proud of my martial skills I try to seek alternatives to violence whenever possible.
- I like to tell stories about interesting people and heroic deeds. Since my life is exciting and I am quite heroic I tend to be the protagonist in most of the stories.

Ideal: Freedom. I refuse to let anything, or anyone tie me down. I go where I please, when I please.

Bond: I am sworn to hunt down pirates that pray on honest sailors and travelers whenever and wherever I can.

Flaw: I have seen too much corruption and bickering by the ruling classes and have grown tired of the same weak diplomatic solution to every problem. Sometimes it's better to do the wrong thing without hesitation than to do the right thing a week too late.

Personality: Caz is usually a fairly easy-going guy, content to take things as they come and roll with the blows. He does have an overdeveloped sense of right and wrong, but feels that every person should feel the need to do the right thing from within themselves, rather than because someone else tells them to.

He is determined to enjoy what life has to offer to the fullest, knowing only too well that his life might come to an end all too soon. Caz learned from one of the better leaders of men that if you want to inspire loyalty you need to lead by example and he’s taken that to heart. He tends to be first into action and the last to withdraw, going into battle believing that if he does his best and has his goddess on his side he’s done what he can, and the rest is up to fate and chance.

As of late, Caz has developed an antipathy for authority, which is almost visible on his face if he’s confronted by powerful people or their representatives. He was never a big fan to begin with, but lack of reactions when he tried to warn those in power about the danger he is sure will hit his home region was the clincher as far as he’s concerned. He is now, more than ever, convinced people need to rise up and fight for themselves, rather than trusting people in power to make the right decisions and lead the way.

Stat Block

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.