RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons 5e > Descent: A dragon's tale > The Archives
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-01-2019, 10:57 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
Act 4 Scene 12 Repose




The cave became home fairly quickly. There were several small chambers off of the large main chamber - each large enough for a dragon. The Orc tribes each made their camp under their flag.

 


Vallorian's old tribe and Go'Or's remaining troop sent envoys to each new dragon pledging their allegiance. The repeatedly asked about their banner, as a Orc tribe without a banner 'is without honor'. The appointed heirald waited patiently for the young dragons to reply.

The young dragons were moving slowly but it became obvious within the first couple of days that they were very hungry. Very hungry.



Perhaps it was the long battle or just the effect of listening to the young dragons asking about food but everyone was hungry and tired. The Orcs sent their hunters out for game. They tried to keep as close as they could to the camp so supplies where limited. When asked, they admitted that they were afraid to level the area unprotected. Orc scouts and lookouts had already spotted figures coming in from east and then returning back from the direction they came.


 


Some dragons are sleeping better than others.

 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Repose.png
Views:	46
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	78770  
__________________

Last edited by savoylen; 03-19-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-03-2019, 07:01 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 13058
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 4,579
The new cave, before sleepOnce the group is able to find its new secure position, Clarion works hard at being more solicitous of the new members. She does her best to be formal and polite to Xaloc. She can't help but breathing a bit of fire on him, thinking it funny somehow that there's now another dragon who doesn't mind it. She still is oddly curious about the Silver. Clarion is even more formal with her, but it's out of an uncharacteristic awkwardness (maybe she's a little TOO bonded with Amaury). Clarion understands, somewhere in the back of her mind, that there is a hierarchy of dragons. Polaris is near the top, and Clarion is soundly at the bottom. But the Silver is so small still. Clarion is conscious of nothing, if not protocol, and she doesn't know how to deal with the situation. She mostly treats Polaris as if the Silver is a headmaster, always hovering and judging. She mostly grins and gives a lot of "how do you do"s to Polaris.

Clarion yawns the morning after the group settles in. She looks to Amaury. "I feel a deep sleep pressing in the back of my mind. I think it's time to rest. Are you ready? The little ones must sleep anyways."

Amaury shrugs. "I guess. As long as we think it's safe. I should put Piccolo back in her pocket dimension." He goes off to talk to his familiar. Clarion gives him an odd look; he seems to think it's just usual practice to stuff a bat in a tiny nether-world?

Clarion speaks to the new dragons. "It's time to grow. I think I will join you. It's a strange thing. You will grow, and your Bonded will sleep and grow, too. Time will pass, and it takes some time to reckon with it. But we should be safe here. I don't think there's anything to worry about." Doing things very theatrically, as if to set an example, she summons her orcs. They deliver a shield, and coins, and jewelry. She thanks them, and tidies the treasure into a pleasing pile. She lays down and curls around her meager hoard. Once she's set, Amaury plods over, hands her a few gems and trinkets, and then sits himself down against her. He clutches his backpack like a stuffed animal and leans against his dragon like an inclined mattress.

In no time at all, the two of them are fast asleep.

 



__________________
GM of Assault Squad: Princess (D&D 5e) and Monsterhearts (an RPGX exclusive!)

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 01-03-2019 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-03-2019, 09:14 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2019, 10:21 AM
Vallesh's Avatar
Vallesh Vallesh is offline
Dastardly Dolphin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7969
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Posts: 3,917
Corisal & Dunquole individual caveDunquole, the large blue dragon, had scooped up the unconscious form of Corisal as soon as they had made it free of the fighting and had vanished towards the cave. When the others had arrived there they had found the blue wedged in one of the entrances to the side caves, completely blocking it. Dunquole’s head was inside the cave along with Corisal.

~Are we ever going to be let out of this cave?~ Corisal sends after a while of recovering in the darkness. ~Because we know we grew up in the cave but we rather like the sky these days.~

Dunquole huffs. ~Every time we go out it seems as though we nearly die and if one of us dies we both die.~ he wiggles a bit, his thick tail flicking out of the cave entrance nearly knocking over one of the remaining Open Claw orcs. ~We split apart and then it all goes badly. What do we do when we are alone? How is it always us being dragged or cured by the others?~

Corisal sits up in the darkness and leans against his scaled other half. ~Hmmm well we fight to save others... We guess that must put us in the firing line. We stand there and try to do our best against things we don’t understand or know how to handle. We were taught how to use these powers but well it seems we’re targeted quite quickly because them.~

”Api!” Light blossoms from the far side of their cave as a small bonfire pops into existence. Corisal stares into Dunquole’s bright blue eyes. ~We are meant to save this world from something, but we’re not sure from what. We just found an army of snake people creating Bonded. Then we have seen a flight of red dragons burning hundreds of orcs. Finally there are the Darkhearts that we left back in the valley... Its just so much and we have no idea if they’re linked or just completely separate. Each one darkening the world in some way.~

~Then why are we even trying to do anything. We could just protect a small area, build up our power and expand outward. We are young, small, and weak.~ The thoughts were bitter in Dunquole’s mind. ~But if we stick together and gather wealth slowly, staying in one place and taking what we need. Then we will grow and we can do more of what we want.~

~Because,~ Corisal pushes himself to his feet, a sudden determination coming to him, and turns to fully face Dunquole, the fire behind giving him a fierce glow. ~Because we are heroes! We are the Bonded of legend come to save the world in time of darkness. And we cannot just stay still and do nothing to protect people.~

~How can we even know that, we were just told that there is no proof!~

~We believe, that’s how we know. It is the right thing to do as well. Now let me out of here so we can check on everyone.~

~But~

~No buts, unless it is your scaly one moving out of the entrance.~ Corisal steps forwards and begins to try to push Dunquole out of the way which is rather difficult. The indignation of being pushed by his bonded and the resignation under the flood of emotional belief from Corisal forces Dunquole to begin shimmying backwards from the cave entrance. Luckily the area had been quickly cleaned after the initial tail swipe so nothing further was damaged by his exit into the main cave. Corisal is straight out and looking around as soon as he can.

”Does anyone have any food cos we’re starving? Oh and some poultice for this wound in my chest?”
Corisal smile around at the others and the orcs.


Dunqoule and Corisal discuss plans with othersIt took a little while but everyone began to settle. Dunquole introduced himself to the two new additions to the group. A muscular boy and another Red plus a half-Elf and a Silver. Dunquole makes sure to tower over the pair as he talks to them, he was after all the largest of the group. ”Greetings, and welcome to the Flight. We hope you know how to respect your elders and aid the Flight. We are Oasis, the sword of the flight. The vast majority of those bodies you saw when you exit the cave were because of us. We can impart some of our great knowledge to you if you require, just ask us and we shall consider the answer for you.” There was a slight nod of the head down to them along with a spark of electricity from his yellow horn.

Corisal in the meantime had begun to speak with the orcs trying to piece things together. Creatures were still out on the plains and woods but they were not coming up here. Yet the orcs admitted their own supplies were limited and their numbers reduced. ”We are sorry for this, what you have had to suffer for us. We will try to help you as best we can, help everyone. We can still feel it you know. The link to the one we seek, she is out there somewhere. Do not worry, we will find her and return you all to your homeland, we promise.”

After Clarion’s announcement and his understanding of the current situation Corisal attempts to gather the others around him with the leaders of the clans. ”The new ones do not have much time. We remember how quickly we fell asleep after escaping so they will go down quickly soon. Plus it seems some of us will also need to sleep, and this will be a long time.” He looks around at the weathered faces, everyone is looking older and some more haggard. ”If we all slept the orcs do not have enough supplies currently to survive here. Also we have the army searching for us. We need to find those supplies and bring them back here, fortify this place.”

”And divert the enemy.” Dunquole speaks up. ”They need to think we have gone in a different direction. For this we need to know more about the land around here and if there are any settlements where the army came from.”

”Exactly! We can stay awake longer.” He points to himself and Dunquole. ”We can scout and search for camps and storage. We, well, we won’t take from normal people, even normal snakepeople.” Dunquole growls his disapproval of the notion. ”But the army, military, or what ever they are are fair game. We cut them down a little taking what we need and vanishing. We have some powers that should help us in that regard.”

”A little more wealth would be very nice as well.” Dunquole mutters.

”So does anyone have any ideas before you have your rather long nap?”


 
__________________
CO-DM of The City of Endless Arenas - We're always looking for new players!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 9419
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,444
Polaris growled, long and low.

The pair walked amongst the gathered people of the cave dwelling largely ignored. Well, not ignored - they were treated with reverence really - but ignored in the sense that no one paid them any particular attention. They were, for all intents and purposes, supposed to be there. As much as that rock, that crate, or that orc with the once-white toque that hovered around a cauldron beaming happily and singing wordlessly at the ubiquitous medley of curious smells he'd crafted with obvious pride. They belonged. Somehow.

Polaris growled.

Ignored, except for that one orc lady. So this one orc lady did the exact opposite of ignore the young pair; she followed them around and pestered them ceaselessly with questions about 'her clan's banner' or somesuch. "What is our banner?" I have no idea; I was literally born yesterday.
Brinn was inclined to guess though, seemingly random images that were coaxed to the surface by the banner promptings. Though she couldn't understand why, her better judgement kept her from blurting out her guesses - something about the gravity of the proud orcish woman made her think twice (or more) about guessing anything to do with unicorns.

Polaris growled again, the low sound sometimes reflecting off of the cave walls and seeming louder for it.

But for all of the tacit acceptance of their presence, the elf and her dragon didn't feel like they belonged. A lifetime of solitary confinement and a lifetime only hatched hours ago, had left the bonded adrift in a swirling sea of rudderless 'acceptance' yet bereft of any understanding. They'd been freed from a life of slavery and possible experimentation at the hands of snake people. That was good. But with no real idea of what was going on or who was who ...
And this one orc who kept following them around demanding they somehow --*magically* guess what her-! ~... wait.~ What?! Polaris shot an eye towards his elf who too bore a stunned look of realization.
~She's asking us to give her one!~
~What kind of banner do they even want?!?~
Polaris growled. Turning an apolgetic look towards their orcish harrier, the silver said "Excuse me." very politely, extending a wing claw demurely as a humanoid might a pinky.
~How the hell should I know?~
~Language child!~
~Hey! I've got like a century on you, hatchling!~
~You do n- ... wait; seriously?~
... Polaris' growl filled the silence, followed by s high pitched squeak. "Again, I most humbly ask your indulgence Ms ...?"
"Hungry Pol?" an amused smile had, by now, crept across the young elf's face as she relished in the embarrassed presentation of her hatchling friend.
"Well, I admit; I could stand to-"
A squeal of laughter erupted from Brinn, the delighted elf planting a burning hot kiss on her dragon's cupped cheek. As burning hot to him as he was sure his scaly hide was freezing cold to her. But she didn't seem to mind the cold so delighted was she at having rubbed the dragon the wrong way.
Their orc ('their' orc?!) wanted to fetch them some food, but of one mind, Polaris and Brinn insisted on going hunting. A poor mountain goat, secure in the safety of lofty and untrod mountain heights, suddenly found himself unable to jump very well. A long, straight stick of all things had flown uphill and pierced his foreleg! Which caused him to miss his landing, lose his footing, and plummet to his death. ~Good shot Brinn!~
~I got 'im!~

But for the dragon's ability to fly, the fresh meat would have been lost upon the rocky, treacherous slope. Polaris scooped up the ram's carcass, and carried it to a stable outcropping where he managed to wolf down the better part of the animal - much to his delight.
"Don't worry Red; the elf got this." Dropping most of what was left of the ram in front of Xaloc, Polaris tried to make sure the red's pride would go undamaged by a silver offering him food. Two much smaller portions were given to the toqued orc to prepare for the matching human and elf who could not eat raw flesh, but the four got to at least share their first meal that way.

Then came 'their' orc once more, this time she only stood close by in silence. Waiting. Terrifyingly, waiting for some sage, wise choice from the two youngsters to dole out upon the grizzled and proud veteran.

Standing as regally as he could (and doing a fair job of it really), Polaris addressed the woman. "A tribe without a banner is without honor. This is true. But so too is a tribe dishonored serving under an ignoble flag." the dragon paused for dramatic effect and to let this wisdom settle on the emissary. "Tell your people to prepare for the Unveiling Ceremony which will commence upon our awakening after the Dragon Sleep." That ought to buy them some time!
"Plus, do you have any ideas? Any at all?" All Polaris could do was to grind his teeth at Brinn's breech of protocol, feeling they'd dishonored the tribe they knew nothing about. "Like, what is your tribe even called? Would you be open to being rename-"
"No!" Polaris interrupted sharply. "No no. No. Your tribe's name is trenched in honor and dignity as it is. We would not desire to change it. At all. We wouldn't."
Brinn pouted.
Unbelievably tired, Polaris staked out a side cavern for himself and his person, curling himself protectively around his Horde Seed for the long sleep.

An elf like Brinn however, needed almost no time for rest at all, and found herself free to roam the cavern. And what timing! A human had called a meeting to explain some of their situation! The young archer sat a term quora says is in no way offensiveIndian style on the floor before the human, producing a scrap of parchment and doodling as he and his dragon spoke. "I have a question!" her hand shot up when the floor was opened to questions, and she awaited being pointed to to ask her question. "Would you consider it somehow *dishonorable* to serve under a banner like this?" Silly notion! But Brinn felt Polaris would have some objection to the rough sketch of a rearing unicorn she was holding up now. She had a plan to counter his objection when it came too; "I can give him a battleaxe too if he doesn't look manly enough!"
 
 
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2019, 05:29 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2019, 06:26 PM
ultrasmurf's Avatar
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf is offline
3.5 apples tall
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-25-2019
RPXP: 1549
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Posts: 1,440
Khivah & Churjuroc"Well, this is very disappointing. All that time down in the snakes' lair and you have no treasure to show for it? I just don't see how that is possible."

Khivah scowled at her bond-mate as he clutched her pack and the fledgling dragon hoard it contained. "We were looking for our friend you greedy worm, not treasure. Consider yourself lucky we escaped with our skins because it was a close thing." She nodded toward the area of the cave where the new members of the flight rested. "If not for the two hatchlings and their bonded, we probably wouldn't have."

Churjoroc's eyes narrowed as he followed her gaze. "Yes. I can't say I am pleased about dividing our spoils still further though I suppose that hardly maters when there are no spoils to divide."

Having had her fill of the dragon's whining, Khivah rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Oh, get over it. You'll just have to be content with survival for now." She looked on in silence as Churjuroc carefully pawed through the collected coins and gems, examining his favorites carefully. "Will it be enough?" she asked with a hopeful note to her voice.

Churjuroc let slip a low rumble of appreciation from deep in his throat. "Hmm... I believe so, but only just."

"I suppose we're going to be holed up here for a while then." She glanced toward the mouth of the cave, considering the hostile territory it appeared they were going to be stuck in for the foreseeable future. "We'll need to get started on defenses."

"Yes. I believe that would be wise." Churjuroc used one forelimb to scoop the small pile of treasure closer and gently laid his head down on it. He dug into the coins and gems with the long, curved horns on the sides of his head as if he were attempting to bury is face in treasure. With a contented sigh and a long, slow blink, he continued. "See to our safety Khivah and we shall rise strong enough to crush our enemies utterly."

Though not asleep yet, Khivah could tell her bond-mate was nearly there and wouldn't be engaging in any more conversation. Just as well really.

Dice dragonsleep die:
1d12 1


 

Last edited by ultrasmurf; 01-08-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-10-2019, 08:03 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
All the dragons fall into a deep, deep sleep. And somehow... without even intending too, the people end up sleeping within the folds of their dragon. Their whole hoard has ended up in the same area of the cave, as each dragon.

Time passes.

 
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:16 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
More time passes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 13058
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 4,579
Away from the cursed green landDragon and bonded sleep.

Perhaps Amaury dreamed. He can not remember doing so. It's possible that he had some dream, and it was subsumed into Clarion's. But the question is academic (his favorite kind of question!). For all intents and purposes, Clarion dreamed for the both of them. The instinct of the beast, and the Primas ancestry, is just too much for Amaury to resist.

They dream, together, of desert. They soar above a great yellow-brown expanse. Wavy thermals rise off the sand. Lizards and the occasional ibex move below. A great Blue dragon soars above. To the right, step pyramids rise, with a snake-person town bustling about it. To the left, the sand gives way to mountains, rocky and treacherous. Beyond the peaks are the moldy overcrowded wetter and colder and greener lands. A curse to be there too long.

An oasis appears, where a caravan rests. The dreamer falls and shrinks. The sun sets, a cool kiss. Fires light and food is served. Plates are shared, as are cups. There is laughing and storytelling. There is dancing, with veils fluttering and scales gleaming in the flickering firelight. There is no such joy in the green lands beyond.

The dreamer stands and weaves a spell. The audience watches, enraptured. Wisdom of old is recounted. Counsel for the future is suggested. Blessings for the present are imparted. Here around the small pool in the open desert, the dreamer has comfort and respect and comraderie. Elsewhere there may be obedience and there may be respite. But only here is home.

The dreamer must find a home. The dreamer knows there is a home, but the dreamer is never home.

In a never-ending purple sunrise, dreamer wanders and wanders and wanders and wanders and....
__________________
GM of Assault Squad: Princess (D&D 5e) and Monsterhearts (an RPGX exclusive!)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:25 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
*
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:59 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 9419
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,444
Light filtered in through a rich canopy of leaves, giving a mottled green glow to everything. As she woke, Brinn felt a rich cacophony of smells fill her nostrils and lungs: moist dark earth, sea salt, old growth trees, hanging mosses, and many perfumes of flowers. So many flowers! What met her eyes were tree trunks greened with lichens, only the closest ones visible, for thick mists filled the forest floor. Strange noises echoed directionlessly, betraying the presence of things lurking deep within the sea of green light. The chatter of birds trickled down through the boughs, and the scuffling sounds of animals and insects burrowing through the ground.

She had never seen anything like this Primal Wild - her whole life had been spent deep underground or in her cell with a single window that showed her little beyond open sky. As the elf stood, the forest reacted to her, causing vines to grow or shrink. Flowers bloomed and turned to face their uncounted hues upon her, while one closed and grew into a marvelous fruit. She plucked it, and bit in. Another word for that experience would leap to the minds of those with more years under their belts, but for the innocent youth only the word "Life" could come close.

A path opened as viney ground cover withdrew, receding into the misty mystery that surrounded. She started down the meandering path, but soon found herself running. Faster and faster, not knowing where she was going, and not caring in the slightest. Suddenly, the forest simply ended. The path came to a cliff below which was an endless ocean of cloud that spread out to the horizon, the sound of waves breaking coming muffled from far, far below. It was into this ocean of cloud that the elven girl hurtled, arms spreadeagled, would she leave her silhouette in the fluffy bank where she hit?

"Oh hullo Pol! What are you doing here?"
"Well I was reading." the boy responded, just a tiny bit annoyed and letting it show.
Brinn didn't seem to notice, but more accurately, didn't care. She threw herself at the boy, seizing his face to plant a kiss on his cheek, and ruffling his hair. "You look good as an elf!"
"You kiss all the elven boys you meet?"
She'd never met an elven boy, or another elf at all for that matter, so, "Yes!"
"Well, you should be careful; you can get yourself in a lot of trouble doing so."
"I'll keep that in mind if I ever meet another elf. Speaking of, how are you enjoying being an elf?"
"Well, hands are marvelous." he observed. To demonstrate, the elf boy rolled up the scroll he'd been reading, and slid it into its cubby hole, right where it belonged above the label which marked both the hole and the scroll that resided there. "Quantum Tunneling: There and Back Again."
Brinn wrinkled her nose, not even sure what the scroll was about. "So, you're here in front of a bank of scrolls just ... reading?"
"A dreamscape is the only place one can read about quantum phenomenon that they actually make any sense at all!"
Brinn went to the end of the isle and peeked around the corner. There she saw isle upon isle of similar scroll cases, stretching out to the vanishing point. Artfully crafted colonnades organized and separated the library into countless sectors. Marble pillars, carved into forms of animals, people, trees and settings all held up a dark wooden ceiling punctuated every so often with sky lights. The smell of old paper mingled with the scent of pipe tobacco in a way that was far from unpleasant, but gave her a sensation of slowness somehow. Looking back at her bondmate, she saw that the boy was enraptured in one of many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore. Impulsively, she withdrew a scroll and switched their places with another random and nearby text. It could be that when he awoke, he would have a couple of misconceptions. This. Was. BOR. ING!! Laying herself on the floor, the blonde girl arrayed her hair out fan like, pretending she was underwater, and kicked her feet as if she were swimming. At long last, a time which could have measured upwards of minutes, she turned her head towards Polaris, seeing him standing on the ceiling from her point of view. "Hey Pol!"
"hmm? Oh Brinn! There you are! There are chairs you know, over by the tables with the reading lamps. Make yourself comfortable."
Brinn groaned. "Hey Pol! What else do you like about being an elf?"
Polaris paused, his eyes flicking upwards off of the scroll but not really fixating on anything in particular. "Huh. I don't know." He hadn't really even done this for very long. "I kind of have the idea that the palate of humanoids is more sensitive even than that of dragons. I should rather like getting to try some of your foods."
"Here, try this then!" Producing the fruit that she'd had from before, Brinn held the bitten delight straight out from her chest which, from her current position raised the "humanoid food" only feet off the floor.
Polaris turned his gaze upon the thing that she'd brought with her, and froze in place. Expressionless, he attempted to figure out what that ... was.
Frozen too, Brinn held the strange pose. A sense that something was wrong, very wrong. Fundamentally wrong.
A tremor ran through the pair of them. A trickle of blood came out of Polaris' nose, running a track down to his lip. He didn't seem to notice. Both sets of lungs became belabored and shallow. All four eyes remained locked on that alien fruit held by the elven girl.

The roof of the Endless Library suddenly was torn off by a mighty hand - or rather, something like a tentacle. A wind whipped up, tearing scrolls off of their perches and slashed their way through the tempestuous air. Hovering above the two youngsters, was a writhing green mass of misty dense forest, writhing and impossibly large vines tearing at the space between two realities. Polaris fell to his knees, both elven children grasped their heads and screamed for all of their worth.
The floor tilted. The forested heavens shifted. Both realities stood against one another in left and right instead of one above another. The children still didn't move at all, but remained stuck to the floor perpendicular to "down." The mass of writhing plant life squirmed and shrieked. The perfectly straight edges of endless cubes and rectangles of the Endless Library pressed against them, trying to impose order on the Primal World. Time itself roiled as both Order and Chaos warred with one another. Perfection of form stood against tearing mass. Only the screaming remained.

Pop!

A flock of songbirds took to wing, chirping merrily to one another as they wheeled into the air above the city. They'd left one of the many green parks that studded the city, probably looking for a place to spend the night. A third of the sky was a brilliant orange sorbet. Opposite that, stars had begun dotting the dark satiny night sky. In between, a cool purple that matched the silky crisp air of dusk. Nestled between the arms of some unnamed mountain, the haphazard streets and narrow byways climbed and cut in zigzag angles that mounted the city. Doorless buildings stood tall and proud, their carved columns inviting in guests to sample the endless selection of shops, libraries, schools and eateries. A river trickled its way down the slope of the mountainside, ducking under bridges or pooling in frequent lily padded ponds, finally to make its way to a lake at the foot of the city.

A firefly drifted soundlessly past Brinn, drawing her attention away from the sprawling city below. She laughed, reaching a tentative hand towards the floating and winking light. But she feared. Feared that it might pop like a bubble and destroy the immense beauty of the place.
Polaris took a step forward toward the rail at the edge of the balcony. He slid his arm around his bonded, and took in a hearty breath of the silken air. "I feel like I could spend a very long time here." the boy said aloud.
"If this is what dreaming is, it's no wonder the other races spend so much time sleeping!" an elf, Brinn had never slept. The dreams of elves were a bit of a different thing.
They both laughed aloud at that, and just stood and gazed for a long, long time. There was indeed much to do here - very much indeed! This was, after all, a very different thing. This was Dragon Sleep.

Dragon Sleep:
Dice Roll:
d12 6
(6)
 
 
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Vallesh's Avatar
Vallesh Vallesh is offline
Dastardly Dolphin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7969
Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh Vallesh
Posts: 3,917
Corisal & Dunquole Plans AheadThe gathering of orc tribe heads ended after an hour of discussion as more of the dragons began to find themselves caves to curl up in. ”So we will carve out a defensive ditch here as quick as we can before we must sleep also. In our absence you can raid the army of snakemen but do not harm innocent snakemen. The ones in villages or not carrying arms. Take what you need from the land around here. We think if you can explore the area carefully that would be the best to do while we sleep. We need to know more about the snakemen and their settlements. Finally if we agree we should send a message back to the ships. They need to know what is happening here and what we are going to do. It is better to send only a very small number, two or three even, your stealthiest. As they can move through the lands much better than a company.” Corisal watches the others hoping they do agree with this summary of their discussion. He has to avoid glacing at Brinn or he might burst out laughing. The pure indignation that came through the bond at the initial picture of a unicorn was priceless. Ignoring the fact that their own symbol was incredibly vain, blue dragon in the rain, the unicorn was a much nobler image. The battle axe was the clincher though.

”How does an unicorn even wield a battle axe!” The shout had escaped Dunquole before he could stop it.

~Stop thinking about that now, we are touching so we get everything your smirking about in here.~ Dunquole huffed over the bond.

~Alright alright keep your scales on.~ He smiles around. ”All in agreement then? If worst come to worse collapse the cave entrance and leave us. We can dig ourselves out from this place if required.” With a nod he turns and walks to the entrance of the cave. ~We best get excavating quickly then before we fall asleep here!~


Corisal & Dunquole Giving Too Much*Splosh*Splosh*Splosh*

~Dunquole I really hope this isn’t what I think it is...~ Corisal sends nervously through the bond.

~What ever do you mean? Its blood of course. Lots and lots of blood.~ The gleaming smile of Dunquole appears before Corisal. Gleaming in the sense that his teeth are sheathed in blood as it pours from his mouth.

~What is this? What is going on? Why are you like this?~ *Splosh* Corisal takes an unsteady step backwards.

~Well to keep me alive, to keep you alive. I kill. I kill and maim. Rip and Tear. Crush and break. Slice and dice, isn’t that what a sword does? Isn’t that our purpose. You saw all those snakemen in my memory didn’t you. All the bodies. What I told the orcs to do while you were gone. Gone, left me all alone. Gone to die. AS ALWAYS~ The roar rips through Corisal’s mind and he stumbles and falls back. *Splash*

His arms and legs flail looking for the floor under him but nothing, it has vanished. He wants to breath but now cannot find the surface either. Blood surrounds him. His chest heaves and clenches it was too much. His mouth opens and blood rushes in but he is not choking, no his heritage gives him more than green skin he breathes. A different sort of breathing but still breathing. The iron of blood burns his tongue and tears of water roll off into the endless blood.

~This is not us. This is not what we will cause.~

~Why not? Why not an ocean of blood to save the world? Afterall what is the ratio of those that we have saved to those that blood we have spilled? Both enemies and friends?~

~No we cannot be.~
Corisal continues to weep. ~You know it, we are here to help. You used to believe that as well, to save people, to be the heroes of legend. Fight the evil, save the world.~

A bitter laugh echoes around him. ~We did, we probably do still somewhere deep down. But we like the taste of blood now. Like to see the dead fallen before us. You’ve left us to ourselves and we have found our heritage. Perhaps polluted over the millennia since the Primas to the current state the proud blue scales have become. The ones who want to dominate by force when required or even when not.~

Something stirs in Corisal some memory. ~No that is not right. Well part of it is. Domination yes in part that has always been your desire. But the chaos of slaughter, the carnage. No that is wrong, for both you and the Blues. Order is what you wanted, true hierarchy. Blues need something to rule over not just the dead and blood covered talons. You want to show them that you’re the best at everything, not just fighting but words, ideas, plans. Yes! That’s it!~ Corisal begins to glow in the ocean of blood.

~Foolish, there is no point to order. Things break things die, things get killed. And that is the order I want, to see and taste the blood of anything I want.~

~Here I though I was the one drowning.~ Corisal is now smiling, as the light gets even brighter, small sparks begin to fly from his body. ~You are! You’re in here drowning in the blood that I made. In my blood. It is the chaos in my blood that is doing this to you, the primal energies. I didn’t think this could happen but I’ve pushed too much of myself into you but not the good things, it was the stuff I didn’t want. Our bond is so strong you took it into you and it corrupted you.~

~That cannot be, a mere boy could not over come my nature.~

~But it did. Now I must take it back and accept it. Accept that I have that power, that desire deep in me. We need to control it. Learn to control it. Now. GIVE. IT. BACK.~ Lightning explodes out of Corisal ripping through the blood and vaporising it. It continues to lash out as the area around his, now floating form, slowly becomes a mist of blood rather than an ocean. Breathing deeply now, he takes the mist into his lungs and breathes out nothing but air. ~Its okay we can do this, we will do this for you are me and I am you. Dunquole come back to yourself you scaly of arrogant blue king!~ Tears stream down Corisal’s face even as a smile splits half his face.


 
__________________
CO-DM of The City of Endless Arenas - We're always looking for new players!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:09 PM
savoylen's Avatar
savoylen savoylen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-24-2019
RPXP: 7457
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Posts: 11,202
*
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2019, 04:25 AM
ultrasmurf's Avatar
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf is offline
3.5 apples tall
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-25-2019
RPXP: 1549
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Posts: 1,440
Khivah & ChurjurocWith Churjuroc fast asleep, Khivah sought out the Sea's Fury survivors. Their leader had been slain in battle and she feared that might leave them disorganized or idle. The snake people surely hadn't forgotten about them and were unlikely to leave this little force unmolested for however long this dragonsleep lasted. They would need defenses, supplies, and roving scouts to ensure they weren't taken unawares. Feeling most suited to the last, she intended to lead the stealthiest members of Churjuroc's adopted tribe in that effort.

Unfortunately, she'd hardly begun explaining the strategy when she felt the telltale lethargy of oncoming hibernation herself. It seemed they would all be entrusting their safety the orc tribes. They were resilient and cunning, hopefully that would be enough. Khivah muttered a few final instructions, mostly a repeat of what she'd already said, before wandering over to where Churjuroc had nested and lying down against his flank. She wondered what would await them when they finally woke as she drifted off.

DreamingAs she slumbered, Khivah dreamed of adventures where she acquired increasingly wondrous treasures for her bond-mate. Churjuroc reveled in his ever growing hoard even as each new prize seemed to make shrink instead of grow. Khivah found this to be absolutely hilarious since he didn't seem to notice his dwindling stature. When he was finally the size of a small bird, he took to riding around on Khivah's shoulder, whispering advice and criticisms in her ear when he wasn't preening or fawning over seemingly enormous gemstones.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB