Game Thread Welcome to Thornwall - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pathfinder Chronicles > Archieves
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 06:07 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2023
RPXP: 5529
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,525
The Doctor
As Balefinn approached, he replied first to Ottar. "As to fishing and hunting I know not. I would presume as much, it seems a fertile enough region. Though a traveler, my trade affords me enough welcome that I have never needed to delve into those ventures. As to gossip, however...well, such is part of the reason I myself wander -- to pick up bits of information and news that may well prove useful to the few ends I have in my personal affairs. As to that, I have not been here long enough to peg anything down, but this is a notable central town, so I expect there is that indeed."

Once the hooded man approached, Tavryn immediately noticed the man's eyes...or rather, the notable cloth covering them. That explains that. I won't say anything about it...he seems well enough adjusted, and I wouldn't trust myself with that complex of a transplant yet. Too risky without a magical lab.

He did not immediately reply, instead Casting Read Magic. Per the class the Holy text is in there somewhere. Idk if this'll work, but it's worth a shotrunning his fingers lightly over the page. "Fascinating, my friend. I have not seen such as this...judging from the wear on the book it has seen a great deal of intense use."

After a Spell and examination finishedmoment, he gave a slow nod. "As to Savras, he is an appealing deity but I am bound by oaths to another, as well as by history and personal faith. Such as it is, however, I always approve of true devotion when I see it, yet also respect those without such feelings. To each their own. As to being a healer...I can only say my talents are primarily mundane. Extensive, but my work as a Doctor is the result of intense study and a natural inclination primarily. I ply my trade wherever, seeking that which is broken and making it whole...and sometimes finding things whole that need to be broken. As you are clearly a man of faith, I in turn will ask what business brings you to this town?"

Last edited by Alphaeus; Jan 13th, 2019 at 06:09 PM.
  #17  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 06:14 PM
Angel's Avatar
Angel Angel is offline
Celestial Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 931
Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
Posts: 2,838
Warlord
right-aligned image

Dymithria had finally made it, it was almost too good to be true. It had after all taken her days to find passage southwest, or rather to wait out a caravan with a slot on their security detail. Although her journey was a devoid of any perils and she thoroughly enjoyed seeing the countryside, as well as the company of the other mercenaries, on her arrival in Thornwall she was nontheless a bit miffed nothing out of the ordinary had befallen them.

She didn't however have the time to reminisce on the thought, as shortly after crossing the town gate she was greeted by aroma of freshly baked bread and the sounds of ringing bells in the distance, signifying an hour had just passed.

Mithy dismounted and strode, mount in tow, back to the gate to settle matters with her employer and say her goodbyes to her travel companions, as in her initial excitement she had kinda left the town gate well out of earshot. She did, after all, have things she wanted to do, other than wait for the caravan to clear a checkpoint, that had already let her through. So, after getting some useful information about the town from one of the guards, she almost giddily made her way towards the Green Briar tavern.

From handing over her mount to the stable boy at the stables with such efficiency, as to slip by in mere moments what would have otherwise been an intriguing conversation between some of the other patrons in the stables, to the triumphant smile that wouldn't leave her face as she headed over to the tavern, to say that she had a lively spring in her step, as she headed towards her destination would have truly been an understatement.

As the music and inviting aromas coming from the tavern grew, so did also the pounding in her chest. Until she finally stood before the door. She took a moment to steel herself, thought to herself: 'Well, time to beguin.' and with no regard for subtlety, or intent to hold back Dymithria threw the door open and crossed the threshold.

'Good, good.' She thought to herself after a quick appraisal of the tavern and its patrons. She was looking for an adventure and some of the people there didn't strike her as your average merchant, traveler or local.

She went up to the bar, 'But first… and took one of the available seats.

"Top of a day to you sir" she greeted when she had the barkeep's attention "I seek lodging and would also offer a drink to anyone who'd point a sellsword to some work in the area." her clear voice exuded a determination only matched by the one, locking eyes with her would reveal "
Dice Diplomacy if needed:
d20+8 (13)+8 Total = 21

No modifiers applied
That said, lets begin with a cup of wine and a plate of whatever that exquisite aroma, which you so sinisterly use to lure people into your fine establishment is."
she buttoned the compliment with her most devilish, winning smile.

__________________
NOTICE: All events and opinions expressed in-character on this site are fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise simply made-up. They are intended for entertainment purposes only and any perceived relations to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and purely coincidental.

Last edited by Angel; Jan 14th, 2019 at 03:34 AM.
  #18  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Torack's Avatar
Torack Torack is offline
The Golden Apple
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2022
RPXP: 1037
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Posts: 375
Muinor
left-aligned image

“A single mug of mead and some poached eggs with sausages, if you could,” he said when he was asked what he’d want for his breakfast. It was a simple enough meal and filling; a part of him, the part that knew he would have to leave the town eventually wanted to stock up on as much food as possible. Eat as much as he could, as distasteful as that sounded, but he knew he couldn’t handle it. Not with the mead filling him up as well. That, and he wasn’t particularly used to walking around with a full stomach.

He’d done that once, at as much as he could after arriving in Neverwinter some months back and ended up sick. His stomach didn’t trust with anything for nearly a week after that and it was absolutely miserable.

The food came a short while later and started eating it, savouring the taste of the spices within. It was a simple meal, but how long had he been left to unspiced meats and nuts? And with all that, this just tasted near heavenly. As soon as he was done, he placed the coins on the table and stood up and grabbed his sword belt from an adjacent chair and tied it around his waist and left.
  #19  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 06:52 PM
Rylus Rylus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2023
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Posts: 2,066
BaronThe wind around him was slightly colder feeling when people past and most of the townsfolk gave him a wide birth and whispered about him as they past. Baron paid no heed to the words or actions of these people, he had a job to do or rather report that it had been completed. As he come up to the gatehouse he knocked on the door and waited, his long black cloak concealing him from anyone that was not at the door and in one hand he held a spear which he leaned upon. Just above his left shoulder was a strange creature made of bone covered gems and rock, just floating there. When the door is answered he smiles at the one who answered "Tell Momon the two graves he asked fer are complete and ready to host there new guests."
  #20  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5685
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 5,920
 

Katelyn quickly filled the Half-Orc’s order, bringing him a mug of Merchant’s Red Wine and a Plate of The tavern only serves one item for each meal, you want choices, you may need to go to Luscan or Waterdeep.Stewed Chicken, Boiled Greens, and fresh berries. A sly smirk on Katelyn’s face says she is sure the Half-Orc did not notice difference between his order and what he received. "That will be seven silver, lad, you have three silver left. Let me know when you want to check out or if you want anything else." As Katelyn turns to tend to one of the locals, she waves a dismissive hand at the See attachment belowroom pricing list, years of training telling her when a patron was thinking of bed; even if it was only mid-afternoon and still several hours before dusk.

 

"Sir? Shoot are those pesky moustache hairs back again?" Katelyn replies in jest to Mithy, reaching to her upper lip in a joking manner. "As much as my lunch time patrons would love their meal paid for, I can do one better for you." Katelyn motions to the open space of wall to the right of the stage, where hangs a notice board. "Locals and the sort post their job openings on the board, at least those who can pay. Many other locals will offer you services and favors in exchange for services"

 


As Katelyn turned from Mithy, a plate of poached eggs and sausages is set on the counter. The practiced hands of a tavern owner quickly poured a mug of mead, and bellowed for a barmaid "”Morgan! Get your little behind over here and deliver this plate and mug to over yonder.”" Katelyn lowered her voice as Morgan picked up the order and whispered "Get the payment right away, he has the look of someone ready to go. I don’t want you to let another tab walk out the door.”"

Rolling her eyes, Morgan turns and walks towards Muinor, her hips swaying seductively with every step. "”That will be eight silver, love”" Morgan says with a slight roll of her ‘r’, and leaning forward more than necessary to put down the plate and mug. Obviously Morgan wanted to distract the Elf into paying upfront without any argument, a practice that was rarely enforced for locals.

 

An appraising gaze passed over Khagra, one that spoke more of having to weed out time wasters more than weeding out unsavory types "”The mayor was not expecting any orders to be delivered, but it is not uncommon for requests to be made without prior warning. Wait here"

Without waiting for a response, the man snapped the door shut behind him. After about fifteen minutes the door swung open wide, and Yurgin stepped out. "Good afternoon Sir…" The mayor pauses and glances back at the note clutched in his hands, and pronounces the name in a way that implies a failing memory, not a lack of respect. "Khagra, it appears that you have been reassigned to the Thornwall region for matters of ‘regional stability’. My experience tells me that this is normally a way of removing a problem before it happens, but as I do not know Captain Ejar, I cannot say for sure. Will I be having any problems with you, Solider?" The mayor paused for just a moment, his tone kind but with a enough of an edge to it to indicate that he will not take any gruff from trouble makers. "I assume I will not, so you can report to Chief Constable Pack for assignment." With that the mayor waits a moment to see if Khagra has any more questions before handing him a scrap of paper with directions to the constable.

 


The Halfling woman, Molla by name, replies promptly from her post. "Momon was replaced by young Chad here. We are needin to get him some day time hours in. However Momen left instructions for you. He says that you need not worry anymore, those Most Thornwall guards try to avoid talk of deathbeds have had some bigwigs from Silverymoon interested in them. I was told not to ask into it, and I would advise you not to either. The occupants and their parties will be arriving in the mornin." Pausing to peer at some disturbance to the south, Molla continued "”I hear that Morgan is on duty up at Green Briar. So you can probably get yourself a bite to eat, and take the rest of the day off. Let Morgan know I’ll be in after my shift. Tell her to have my order ready." Molla flashed a knowing smile at Baron, happy she would be pleasing her favorite barmaid and likely earning herself a free drink or two for herself if Baron really did stop on by.

 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Greenbriar_Services.png
Views:	13
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	78883   Click image for larger version

Name:	TW_mayor.png
Views:	70
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	78884  
__________________
As a DM: Lichy Business /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 1 /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 2 || Up Next as DM: Little to no activity over weekend Enjoy your 4th.
As a Player: Guild Battle /|\ The Closing Calamity in the Crags: Group 2 || Misc Endeavors: Monster Den /|\ Writers Block /|\ Team Up

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jan 13th, 2019 at 08:29 PM.
  #21  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Mrjoegangles's Avatar
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2024
RPXP: 6265
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Posts: 3,671
right-aligned image

Balefinn is startled by the voice next to him, quickly reassessing his surroundings. ”Second Male: speech impediment, older man; smells of nature: woodsman, possibly hermit, would explain trouble speaking; Also faint traces of random scents, components; Arms tingling: arcane caster; Elderly Hermit Wizard, use caution.” Curiosity sated Balefinn addresses the Healer.
”I find no offense or fault in your devotions Doctor, few can find the faith to worship what may be a dead god, and is at least an absent one.” Taking back the iron-banded monstrosity, he quic kly snaps it shut and locks it. ”As to business, I am sadly in the dark, I was ordered here by my superiors. A Portent or Prophecy most like, few have the foresight capable of matching the divination of the disciples of Savras. Clearly there is something for me here, and until I discover my purpose here I will continue in my pursuit of hidden knowledge.” Balefinn drops his pack and offers his free hand in greeting. “Justicar Jonathan Balefinn, of the Holy Order of Savras, but you may call me as you will. Greetings on this wonderful day strangers. Has fate also conspired to draw you to this here town?”
__________________
DMing: Last of the Hunters
Playing: Thron

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.
  #22  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 10:34 PM
Rylus Rylus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2023
RPXP: 3902
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Posts: 2,066
BaronAt the mention of different people taking the graves Baron frowns slightly and nods slowly once "So you may have heard i know every one in that graveyard by name if not personally....i am the keeper so i am sure those from Silverymoon will want to at least ask me a question or two if they care at all for the dead. As for questions i might have....they don't really matter, as long as i keep the dead that's all i care about for now." his cold eyes turn on the young man beside Molla "So you will be the one to fetch me on these matters now? Be careful as you wander through the graveyard, the spirits are always watching." with those ominous words Baron turns and begins to walk away, a smile on his face and doing his best to stifle a chuckle.

Baron makes his way to the tavern, once again people whisper and walk a wide path around him. He slips into the tavern quietly though not trying to hide and his eyes search for Morgan and she is not hard to spot. Walking over to the women he smiles "Molla says she will be in after her shift and to have her order ready." he looks around the room and then back to Morgan "If it's not to much trouble Morgan, could i get a pot of hot blackleaf tea, some sausage and berries brought to my normal table in the corner." he drops two gold coins on her tray "Keep the change, just make sure the tea is boiling."
  #23  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Lord Loco's Avatar
Lord Loco Lord Loco is offline
Join the army they said..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 26th, 2021
RPXP: 1496
Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco Lord Loco
Posts: 1,439
Ottar the wizardOttar's eyes widened at Tavryn. "Never needed to delve...?" his voice was aghast, but his face retained a grin. "My good shir, it'sh not about need, it'sh about pleashure. Partaking in nature'sh bounty, harveshting your own food ish good for the shpirit ash well ash the body." He thumped his chest, but not very hard. Bravado was well and good, but there was no sense in overdoing it. "I've never been shick a day in my life, I'll have you know."

As the doctor examined Balefinn's tome, Ottar watched with interest. Eventually he noticed the faint embossing on the pages, and gave Balefinn another scrutinizing look.

Soon enough, Tavryn returned the book, and the Justicar introduced himself. "Oho! A holy warrior, here on a divine misshion, now that ish what I call a good piece of gosship." Ottar took Balefinn's hand in a firm grip. "But not to worry, no one will hear it from me. I am Ottar Volsh, journeyman wizard, and really I am jusht passhing through. I have been travelling for shome time, and would like to shee Shilverymoon before going back home. Of courshe, depending on how pleashant the country and company ish here, I may shtay for shome time. Shpeaking of shtaying," he added, once more addressing Tavryn. "Perhapsh the good doctor can recommend me an inn?"
  #24  
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2023
RPXP: 5529
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,525
The Doctor
The Justicar's errand surprised and intrigued him. He didn't detect an air of deception about the man, which meant that he truly was sent here on a blind mission. Someone apparently thought this place was important, someone high enough up the religious ladder to give orders to justicars.

"One might say fate has drawn me here. Most likely it is the fate of others as well as myself."

To the wizard, Tavryn could not help but smile and shake his head. "As a boy I watched my father try to learn those talents to keep himself alive -- and me, too, when I was not away at school. You will forgive me, but there is no pleasure in those memories. Besides...you use your talents to get fish out of a river. I --" he paused to reach into his pack and extract a savory meat pastry " -- use my talents to get pastries from strangers. It has been some time since I had any notable funds to my name, not because I couldn't charge for my services but because it is far more useful to both me and the common folk to find something that helps us both. Now, as to an inn...the only one of which I am aware is the Green Briar Tavern. I can walk you there, if you like...both of you."
  #25  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 01:47 AM
Master of Monsters's Avatar
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters is offline
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5685
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Posts: 5,920
 

The young guard/boy swallows hard in response to your question, replying with a slight quiver to his voice "N….n..n..no sir! I am just doing some training during daylight hours. G….Gotta cross train; ya know?" The boy swallows again seeming to regain some composure "I am not taking over any duties for Momon, just his shift." the boy finishes as Baron begins to walk away.


~*~*~*~*~*~


"Jos, I swear! You may cut the best damn slab of beef I’ve ever tasted , but if you let one more off colored joke cross your lips have Danell flog you till you can walk no more!" Morgan hissed as she set down the plate of food in front of the Butcher, and if her threat of telling his wife seemed to effect the beefy man, it did not show. ”I swear, I don’t know where he gets them from!” Morgan steamed as the door to the tavern swung open and Baron walked in.

The look of sheer carnal delight passed over Morgan’s face long before Baron could locate her. Upon nearing Baron, he informed her of Molla’s message. ”That sly little midget! I’ll have to thank her when she gets here. I wonder if he will ever catch on that we serve the same thing to everyone, and her ‘usual order’ is whatever we’re serving at the time….” "”Thank you for the message, I’ll happy to have her order ready." Morgan replies then gives Baron’s shoulder a playful little slap and a giggle when he orders, as if the order was humors. However, when he placed the gold on her tray, her voice dropped to a whispered hiss "You know how Katelyn feels about tips! She’s told you a thousand times that she pays her employees well enough where the customer doesn’t have to pay them a second time! You trying to get me skinned alive?!" Morgan then heaves a large sigh and stops away in a huff. When she returns with Baron’s order, she practically slams the tray down on the table, nearly spilling boiling tea all over the dwarf, before retreating across the room to stand in a corner and wait for the next order; shooting daggers with her eyes at Baron the whole time. ”I swear, that little….why I aught to…If only I had him alone for five darn minutes…” unfinished threats continued to course through Morgan’s mind, but when she knew he wasn’t looking she slipped on hand into the pocket of her apron and tried to suppress a slight smile and the butterflies welling in her belly.


~*~*~*~*~*~


@ The fairly odd folks by the stables:

As the three travelers continued to talk and their conversation slowly turned towards the tavern, Maxwell slowly crept closer and took a position leaning on the doorframe to the stables, listening to the conversation. A smug grin played across his face as he had avoided real work again by sliding under the notice of the trio of men. However when mentioning of Green Briar was brought up, Maxwell forgot himself and chirped in. "”Good sirs, the constable maybe at the Green Briar! It is nearing the time he would normally be taking his lunch and meeting with the townsfolk who need to speak to him for the day." With his input entered, Maxwell continued to grin stupidly at the group, thinking that his help would ensure his ability to avoid tending the wagon which the wizard had left to his care.
__________________
As a DM: Lichy Business /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 1 /|\ Fireside Tales: Group 2 || Up Next as DM: Little to no activity over weekend Enjoy your 4th.
As a Player: Guild Battle /|\ The Closing Calamity in the Crags: Group 2 || Misc Endeavors: Monster Den /|\ Writers Block /|\ Team Up

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jan 14th, 2019 at 01:48 AM.
  #26  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 01:49 AM
Torack's Avatar
Torack Torack is offline
The Golden Apple
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2022
RPXP: 1037
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Posts: 375
Muinor
Muinor picked up the gold coin he’d placed on the table and handed it to the woman as he draped his cloak over his body in an effort to conceal his scimitar and studded armour, his bow hanging from a shoulder, which he hoped made him look more like a hunter than anything else. “Keep the change,” he told her with a curt smile then walked out.

Once outside he turned to his right towards the market street and started buying all the supplies he would need to fletch thirty arrows. He could easily buy them, he knew, simply walk up to some shop and pay anyone for the service, but this was another habit of his. Something that had been deeply instilled into him during his service: to trust only in his own arrows. And there was something about self-fletched arrows that just made them more comfortable, easier to handle.
  #27  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 02:11 AM
Zazaq Zazaq is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
Posts: 3,912
Akrus pays little attention to the food, nor the woman as he devoured it. It was hot, and it was good. He was basking in the heavy, fruity flavor lingering in his mouth when that skinny human girl with the weird sword came in. She caught his attention with the word sellsword, but it wasn't until the barmaid spoke that he did. "What board?" he interjected, snapping his head up hard to lock eyes with the woman. Staring into her as his face tensed in an instant, trying to convey with silence how critically important that info was. His mind was already growing fuzzy with alcohol, but it would focus on this.

Last edited by Zazaq; Jan 14th, 2019 at 02:37 AM.
  #28  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:02 AM
Angel's Avatar
Angel Angel is offline
Celestial Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 931
Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
Posts: 2,838
Warlord
right-aligned image

It took Mithy a few moments to regain herself, after the faux pas. "By no means." she briefly, briskly stated after the tavern owner's joking statement. She then focused her attention on Katelyn, fully this time, rather than electing to stumble through excuses.

When Katelyn had finished her explanations. Dymithria chirped an excited "Wonderful!" and politely, if not a bit hurriedly excused herself "I'll go check it out while the food gets prepared, then."

It was as she was finishing her statement, that the man next to her, shot out his question. He had been one of the patrons Mithy had made out as a person of interest, as he was after all carrying weapons and armor, but nothing resembling a uniform, or official crest. Looking at him up close she noted the protrusions around his jaw line and his atypical skin tone. 'Now here's something you don't see every day.' she thought to herself, but prioritised talking to the half-ork as a second after checking out the notice board and so she got up and went.
__________________
NOTICE: All events and opinions expressed in-character on this site are fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise simply made-up. They are intended for entertainment purposes only and any perceived relations to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and purely coincidental.

Last edited by Angel; Jan 14th, 2019 at 03:34 AM.
  #29  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:26 AM
Alphaeus's Avatar
Alphaeus Alphaeus is offline
LͫOͤRͫDͤ
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2023
RPXP: 5529
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Posts: 2,525
The Doctor
Before the others had a chance to take him up on his offer, Maxwell piped into the conversation. Tavryn turned slowly, a smile on his face...a perfectly kind smile, but one that was just a bit too kind. "Now my dear Maxwell, thank you for your advice. I seem to recall, though, that you are employed as a stable hand and not as a town guide, and that I am being paid by your employer to see to it Arnold is cared for. So I'm sure you'll be getting right to work doing your job because it would be terrible if I had to tell Master Gold that his stables aren't being tended, wouldn't it? Especially because in a small town news of a bad work history travels fast..."

He let his works trail off suggestively, keeping a perfectly civil tone. As he spoke, there was something about the way his warm, kind eyes stared into Maxwell that eroded his will. He did not care enough to actually use any magic on the poor fellow, but the gaze was more instinct than deliberate action at this point.

Returning his attention to the other two, he set off slowly towards the tavern and market. "For what it's worth, Maxwell has a point -- if either of you want to familiarize yourselves with the town and its people, a town briefing is an excellent way to start."

And an excellent chance for me, as well...
  #30  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Mrjoegangles's Avatar
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2024
RPXP: 6265
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Posts: 3,671
right-aligned image
Balefinn grabs the packs at his feet and slings it back over his shoulders, the heavy backpack fits comfortably enough, but the armor loosely strapped to it throws the balance off something fierce. ”Yes, truthfully I am anxious to get back to my Order. The sooner I can discover why I am here the better it is for me.” Slipping a hand into his copper pouch Balefinn pulls out two coins, hefting the weight and feeling the face to confirm the denomination. “Regardless of your motives you’ve done this service you have my thanks boy.”
Turning towards the sound of frivolity and the scent of ale and food, Balefinn starts his slow methodical walk, with every step preparing for a sudden dip or obtrusion to trip him up.
__________________
DMing: Last of the Hunters
Playing: Thron

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; Jan 14th, 2019 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB