Game Thread Marshpointe Scouting Mission - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Knights of Justice > Old Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2023
RPXP: 26148
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,964
Farrier and Miss Stacy
The man gives Kubar a nod and then adds, "Most of them are actually outside the town in camps. Still best be careful and get that cold looked after eh?"

The place Kubar finds has no written sign, but there is a plant and a baby drawn on a sign outside, so it's not too hard to guess the profession of the woman inside. It takes a while for her to respond to the knock and when the door opens Kubar can see why. The woman is very old and frail. Her eyes are a bit white from cataracts yet, at the same time, kubar can feel her looking right at him. "Any of my neighbors calling me pretty are damn liars and especially my assistant. Don't you beleive any of her tales about how nice I am or any of that."

She escorts him into the house/shop duo. Inside there are various herbs on racks and shelves and books in a shelf. In a corner are two beds and in another is a young girl stirring a huge cauldron. Her blonde hair is streaked with different pigments and she says, "But, you are pretty Miss Stacy otherwise I'd be living on the streets or wherever it is orphans go."

The old lady turns towards the little girl, "Shut it and keep stirring otherwise I'll put you in the next pot! The little girl snickers but doesn't say another word. Miss Stacy looks back at Kubar, "Hmph, take in one orphan and they think you're all sweetness and light. Fah! Now you take a seat big boy and let me take a listen to ya."

She escorts him to stone seat next to the fire and puts an old ear to his chest.


Tinker's Wagon
Ewis finds the wagon with little trouble. It is indeed a bit far from the main docks he can see one of the Legion's camps from here in the distance. Perhaps a mile or two away with makeshift walls and torches for lighting. The wagon itself has seen better days and the man inside looks to be in his middle age or wait...no he's a half-elf. Ewis is pretty sure of it even though his ears look to be round he notes two scars on them where he must have cut them down. Perhaps he usually uses makeup to hide the scars?

The man looks to Ewis and says, "Need a pot fixed, a basket reweaved? I have a bunch of small items you might need, but damn if I know what you might need this late at night?"


Lord's Manor
The butler gives Ceraan a nod. "Very busy sir. Much to do and many preparations to make. I've tried many times to convince him to relax with some of his old pleasures but," He shakes his head sadly, "Even that does not keep him for long. Still it is my hope that he and the fine general may emerge victorous over the Dwarves of Aine and then on to victory over Fallhold." He gives a smile and begins to depart.

Just before he exits the door though he turns back, "Oh do try and get some soup and bread in you before you come to the Ballroom. Everyone else has already had dinner and most of the desserts are gone."


Last edited by Ysolde; Jan 14th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.
  #32  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,067
__________________
Working on updates!

Last edited by Khalil; Jan 14th, 2019 at 06:04 PM.
  #33  
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 06:13 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 5939
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,217
Krunch Krunch nodded his head at the half-elf. His eyes went from the wolf to the half-elf. Double. Me seen doubles before. He studied the half-elf for many breathes as she spoke to the other. Link. Wolf name? He thought hard on this name and finally it came to him. Me get. Link in armor. Armor only good as weaker link. Wolf strong link. Half-blood weak. No. Don’t think weak.

Krunch shifted his dwarven size frame. Me just arrived. Me can make shelter if need.

ooc Sorry Bio, I missed your post. Ysolde just pointed it out to me today.

__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.
  #34  
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

Syl regarded the goblin for a long moment with her fingers steeped in front of her. What?! Thinking it better to correct his misunderstanding, the drow just said "Thank you." in response to his ... compliment? Admonition? But it seemed the little green man had every intention of staying as well. A stranger finding them in the wilderness was something this druid wasn't overly fond of given how much danger they were in and how heavily they needed secrecy.

And he was asking to help too. Definitely thinks he's staying. Though she'd missed the introduction, Olodra was taking the little man's presence in stride so, maybe there was a good reason he was here ... offering to help. "Some firewood would be good - I was going to go hunting." That ought to get the helpful little creature away long enough for Syl to figure out what was going on. All the same, she offered to deliver hers and the boy's reports in Elvish. Then it would be time to go hunting and scavenging for things better than trail rations.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #35  
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 07:29 PM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik
The drow had been keeping a watchful eye for anyone that might come by. when she heard movement, her hand went to her blade. When she saw a goblin, her relaxed just a bit. Surely the enemy would not employ a non-human, but there is a possibility of illusion magic. Then, Blunt Tooth was mentioned. It is highly unlikely that the enemy knows the Knights had met with Blunt Tooth in the past, and she finally moves her hand away from her weapon.

"Welcome, Krunch. We are glad to have all the help we can get, but know that this is very dangerous. And yes, if you want to make extra shelter, that's fine." she replies in the Goblin tongue.

When Krunch is busying himself, Olodra turns to Syl. "What have you found? It has been very quiet so far. No one approached my location, and I haven't heard any alarmed. I assume this means you all have been discreet."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

 


Last edited by TYL; Jan 16th, 2019 at 09:01 PM.
  #36  
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 09:47 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

Syl nodded; she had been discrete - otherwise, she probably wouldn't be able to be here. she would have picked this info up after the two boys returned to the inn, so Olodra has access to stuff that has yet to be postedShe gave her report, clearly worried that Ceraan had decided to stay the night in the lion's den, as it were. "You trust him? Why is he here?" she asked. Like her report, the drow spoke in Elvish, just in case.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #37  
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 5939
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,217
Krunch Krunch smiled at the half-blood Me get firewood. He looked around for a second a bit confused. Me no have ax. That ok. Me use hands. He stood there looking at the half-elf. Time seemed to stretch. His head snapped as the voice from the dark elf woman broke the silence. His shoulders straighten and he smiled upon hearing goblin. Yes first me build shelter and then find firewood for Link and double. He answered in his gravelly voice, in common, as his head pointed towards the half-blood.

Krunch turned towards the thick woods and walked straight in determined to find the tree with the largest root system. He didn’t have to walk far in before he found one growing from a small ridge. He got down on his knees and began to dig.
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.

Last edited by Kshnik; Jan 16th, 2019 at 10:15 PM.
  #38  
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 06:17 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan kept up his vague, airy expression with a smile as the butler left the room, his dumb pretty-boy noble facade falling the moment the door shut. Old pleasures? Part of him felt like burning the house to the ground where it stood, and if it weren't for the chance that there might be children inside, along with other innocents, he might have considered it a viable option. Instead, he opened the room window and looked outside and, seeing no-one about for the moment, poured both into the rose bush beneath his window before returning the empty bowl and glass to his tray. The butler had made his skin crawl, and that was even before he admitted to being willing to indulge Elgin's warped pleasures. He wouldn't touch anything served to him in this house with a ten-foot pole, if it could be helped.

With that taken care of, he turned to the wash basin and poured some of the warm water heating over the fire into it and washed his face, also smoothing his hair back down into a neat state. While it paid to look windswept and lost outside the house, now he had to put his best foot forward. He took a last look at himself in the mirror and made sure his blade was still tightened at the waist, the more traditional way of carrying it, though he vastly preferred keeping it anchored on his back.

The young Aasimar opened the room door and began making his way downstairs, following the sound of music and conversation to the ballroom, though he kept his Taking 10 on a Perception Check for 15eyes and ears open for anything out of the ordinary as he went...
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #39  
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2023
RPXP: 26148
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,964
The Lord's Manor
The Ballroom was filled with young men and women. Most seemed to be from the nicer estates here in town, but a few wore Imperial Insignia's and looked to be Centurions. Unlike the poor man stuck in the Inn these had been invited to the Lord's manor to dance and enjoy themselves. With at least five of the men here that would mean the forces arrayed outside of town would be relying on their underlings right now. There are two exceptions to the looks of the rest. One is a dark haired man wearing simple dark robes and the other looks to be a Corporal of some sort the two of them are talking in a corner.
  #40  
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 15747
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,067

right-aligned image

Kubar stepped inside and kept an eyes about, but respectfully only moved where told. Simultaneously he took off his tri-cone hat knowing plenty well his wig's long hair pulled back over his ears would keep his ears covered. Outwardly he chuckled at the woman's and the girl's playful banter. But inside his mind was trying to judge the character of the girl. He tried recalling what the imp had said, and relaxed a little. But only a little...

Eh, not here... here. Kubar's large sausage like finger went from his chest to the side of his nose and then to his forehead just above where his brows almost meet. Like a pressure. I get it sometimes when on the road long. He let her begin examining him, before he continued. I don'know. Got's ta' be a kind enough lady to take on an orphan. Though that's kinda odd though... thought oprhans were a big city problem...










Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!

Last edited by Khalil; Jan 17th, 2019 at 10:31 PM.
  #41  
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 09:19 PM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik
Olodra responds to the half-blood's question with confidence. "I think there is a less than zero percent chance that a goblin is working for the enemy currently. It just wouldn't happen."

She listens to Syl's report, and then summarizes to make sure she understands correctly. "So, you talked to a cat in the cloth storage warehouse. You learned that the warehouse doesn't have evil in it, but the weaving house itself and the Lord's mansion both auras of evil magic, including necromancy. The Lord's mansion also radiated conjuration. You also heard that children are being taken to the Lord's house. When you explored inside the wall of the manor, you saw that the necromantic trail ends in a heavy steel door inset into the ground, with smells of sulfur. This is likely a summoning chamber. Children's scent leading from the manor to this underground chamber was also detected, so there is also sacrifice involved, most likely."

She takes a deep breath, clearly trying to reign in her anger. "Is that about right?"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

 

  #42  
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 06:23 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan sidled into the ballroom, managing to look like he belonged, as much as he had left this life behind him. He nodded at some of the looks and glances he received as he entered the room, not sure if his identity had disseminated to the guests as of yet. He wondered if these people would still be here if they knew what was happening in this house when they weren't around.

Some probably would...

The two men caught his eye and he decided to approach a young woman standing next to them with a warm smile on his handsome face. "Good evening, miss. I apologise for bothering you, but I'm afraid I'm not from here., I was fortunate enough to come to be a guest tonight by Lord Elgin's generosity, but I'm rather lost socially," The smile widened a little. [b]"I thought I could perhaps avail myself of the most beautiful woman in the room to perhaps help me know my fellow guests?"

Even as he started talking, he kept his body half-turned towards the two men, hoping to hear some of the conversation...

 
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #43  
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Evening." Ewis started, giving a small smile as he spoke to the owner, "I'm looking to doing some early fishing and I forgot to purchase a net prior. Think you can help me out?"


OOC
Dice diplomacy if I need to convince him to sell it:
1d20+1 (18)+1 Total = 19
  #44  
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 06:02 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2023
RPXP: 26148
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 11,964
Miss Stacy’s House
”Well yer heart is good and you lungs sound fine so it’ isn’t anything too bad. Nose and head hmm...” She moves off and finds a small jar. Opens it and then sniffs, ”Try this it’ll open everything up. Might make your nose run a bit, but you’ll be able to smell through it and no headache. Just a dab on the upper lip.” She hands him the small jar. Then sits down a moment. ”Loom house takes quite a number of healthy young men and women. Too many orphans from that and yet too few in town too. She shakes her head then moves over to her pot to add some things.

”You look like a decent young fellow. My advice to you is ride out of town fast as you can or take the next boat to the Elven Isles with me and my...the girl here. The little girl gives a wide smile, ”Almost called me daughter! If he don’t listen can you do the suggestion thingy...”

She sighs and looks to Kubar. A Suggestion
Dice Roll:
1d100 82
success. Save DC 14 to follow her next suggestion which happens to be not to mind what the little girl just said
hand moves as she talks, ”Don’t mind her. She’s just a little weird. Best not to pay her any heed.”


Noble’s HouseCerann talks with the young woman and she gives him a pretty smile, ”Well usually you’d sign my dance card and we would dance. That’s how it usually works...” She shows him a small card and gives him a smile as she looks onto the dance floor.

In the background he hears the two men speaking softly, ”We have Wessix on our side and some of the other dukes. Tiraslee is planning on capturing the little Eagle and Cyril will take care of the Old Eagle. Still Problems with the Wethills Forts and area. Some rebellion crushed the General there and those dammned Knights are moving east to join them.

The man in black shakes his head, ”Fortin was lost to me by those Knights as well. They are grouping to fight the forces looking for Mercy and I had to flee them. Dame General Clarice has all three legions and could hold the area against the Barghest threat. Your Tiraslee and Cyril had best come through soon.”


Tinker’s WagonThe Tinker gives Ewis a nod, ”One gold and it’s all yours fellow.” One the gold exchanges hands Ewis is the proud owner of one fishing net.

Last edited by Ysolde; Jan 18th, 2019 at 06:14 PM.
  #45  
Old Jan 19th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

Syl agreed with the other drow; she had gotten the gist of it. Kubar had learned a fair bit of the tenor of the townsfolk, and Ewis had procured the net they would use later on tomorrow. The report she had to give on Ceraan was a bit more scant. "... Apparently, one of the tavern goers told Kubar and Ewisthem that he'd gone off alone to a noble's house to ask for better overnight lodging and ... erm ... entertainment." she concluded with a nervous shrug. "That's what the guy at the inn said, not what Ceraan said!" she added, not wanting to paint it like the 'better lodging and entertainment' was the Knight's reason for going, it was the bar-guy's understanding. Hopefully, the man would come back tomorrow with the other Knights, perhaps with some potentially useful information. If not, well ... then their entire mission was probably boned, more children would die and the region left imperiled. Which was actually true about for any of them getting caught to be fair.

"I'm thinking there'll be some fresh watercress down by the river. Wouldn't that be nice to go with dinner? Want to go with?"
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB