twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4110
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Pisst! Who'r you? I ain't seen ya around these parts before.

The Application Thread is here.

And you can Insert your Character Dossiers right below this post!

The beginning of this explains character building better than the book in my opinion. This is also listed at the bottom of the non-dice 'Mechanics Thread'.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 01-15-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6001
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Cinch ApplicationStreet Name: Cinch
right-aligned image

Metatype(Sex): Human (f)
Intended Role: Shamanistic type magic (aspected magician) with a fire-bringer mentor spirit and above average combat abilitiesHealer that kicks like a troll
Appearance: Lissy is a fairly plain, average size young woman of 22. In the two years since 'that night' she has tried a variety of options to hide the scar running across her face, but none have done a lick of good. Finally she gave up and embraced it, which is much easier to do in the barrens than in the shackles of high society. She wears her dark hair short and no jewelry - except a recent addition of a nose ring (Neene said it might help with the headaches). Her clothes are always plain, usually a white t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and ragged jeans. She refuses to do any enhancements to her body - tattoos included. Her build is slim, but a few unlucky degenerates mistook that for weakness and learned the hard way that her strength is far greater than her frame would suggest.
Backstory:

RP Sample:

Contacts:
  • Khalan Mathis (Loyalty 3, Connection 3) – [See backstory for brief glimpse] High ranking security at Ares Macrotechnology. Khalan is a veteran member of the security team for Ares in Seattle. Of course one does not spend their life guarding one of the major corporations without seeing – and doing – some things. Khalan is viciously scarred from many encounters including one that took the sight from his right eye. He always has his ear to the ground and is quick to address any relevant situation - usually head-on with spittle, profanities, and lead flying. Somehow a professional relationship with Sebastian and Elizabeth turned friendly and the troll became superficially involved in the girls’ lives. Then, he became their guardian angel. The relationship is tense because of the repercussions for Khalan, but he looks out for them when he can.
  • Neene Henzen (bought with karmaLoyalty 2, Connection 2) – Street Doc. Neene is a young female dwarf still trying to carve out a Street Doc life for herself. She was a Runner for a little bit - mostly to make connections – and now has retired from that lifestyle after building a small network. Generally a very happy dwarf, Neene is pleasant to be around and does excellent work for all her clients, which has provided consistent network growth. She has a soft spot for Alicia – partly due to her own nature and partly due to her involvement in ‘the night’. She uses the term ‘girl’ interchangeably with ‘omae’ when speaking of Alicia. Everyone knows who ‘girl’ is to Neene.

Last edited by Roekahs; 02-04-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15568
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Mortar
right-aligned image
Should be more tusky and less pointy, but you get the idea
Street name: Mortar
Metatype: Orc

Intended Role: Metahuman mobile assault unit (Body- and strength- enhancing chrome, lots of armortank with a lots of ranks in Automaticsmachine gun and Control rig with some mediocre pilot and mechanic skillssome gun-drones)

Appearance: Mortar is on the short side for an orc. His family is of African-American descent (and have been heavily goblinized). He’s dark-complexioned and wears his hair in dreadlocks. He is build like a brick drekhouse, but generally has a friendly expression on his face. Most people assume he’s recently been hitting the deepweed. Often they’re correct.

Other stuff

5e one-shot adventure in development, to be advertised late August or early September.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 07-30-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4150
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Stranger
Sin/Street name: Charles "Chuck" Berger/Stranger
Metatype: Ork(m)
Team Role: Combat DeckerDecker/Decker(Kapow!)

Description
We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves. - Rouchefoucalt

right-aligned image
Chuck's current tech. Sad.
If you didn't see him always plugged in it'd be easy to see Chuck as just another sammie from the Underground. Where he got that arm is anyone's guess and it could just as easily have been designed as hyper-typing accessory as it could a face puncher. He seems to let his size and bulk keep the riffraff out of his biz. Is he a Decker or a poseur? That pointy little skull of his surely couldn't hold a brain capable of a real hack...could it? You never know in the Sixth World. His head is always bouncing along to some music and occasionally smile will play across his massive mouth for no reason, as if he just saw something in the digital world play its way across the meat one.

Chuck's matrix persona, Stranger, looks very much like The Son of Man but with a question mark instead of an apple. It is a distinctly human shaped persona and his imagined form had he never goblinized.

Backstory

Role Play Example:

Other:

SheetChuck's nitty gritty

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 02-10-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:45 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15031
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Application Completed
Character
right-aligned image
Street Name/Real Name: Xōchipilli / Tlanextli Tuxpan

Metatype(Sex): Human (M)

Intended Role: Face

Origin: Tenochtitlan Aztlan, Former Employee of Aztechnology

Appearance: Tlanextli stands 177 cm tall, with dark cocoa colored eyes, a tussled mohawk the color of bleached coffee beans, and line of tattoos down his chest. Amiable and kind, his grin is ever present, but as they say – the bigger the grin the sharper the knife. Tlanextli has a smooth voice with honeyed tones which greases as many wheels as a pitcher of pulque. He has pierced ears, fingerless gloves, and the punkish attitude to match – a charming quality in the underworld, he’s come to realize.

Contacts
Seraphim
Meta: Elf (F)
Profession: Go-go Girl, Mambo’s Bar and Night Club
Relationship: Seraphim was one of the first people Tlanextli had a real conversation with in Seattle. He met her one night at a club downtown, The while he was trying to locate himself a fixer. She picked him out as new in town and tried to get he hands on his… ahem… nu-yen. She was out of luck, he had none to spare, but she was the first one to suggest he give simsense a go, and it was something he had seriously considered for a moment. Hunger is a serious motivator.

Tlanextli has sense made Mambo’s his second home and default office and stays in touch with Seraphim both on and off the clock.
Connection/Loyalty: 2/3

Mambo
Meta: Human (m)
Profession: Club Proprietor
Relationship: Mambo is a good businessman, and a good businessman recognizes talent that he can exploit – and that’s exactly what Tlanextli is to Mambo. A pretty face that’s good for delivery messages – especially to people who don’t want to hear it. Mambo throws a odd jobs Tlanextli’s way and pays him a stick of Nu-yen every now and then and usually comps his drinks. As long as it stays profitable Mambo doesn’t mind that Tlanextli always has the attention of the dancers – as long as everybody’s making him money Mambo doesn’t care.
Connection/Loyalty: 5/1

Sheila
Meta: Troll (f)
Profession: Trucker
Relationship: Tlanextli hasn’t heard from Sheila since she left him on the edge of Pueblo and UCAS, but he never could have made it without her. Hiding in the back of her refrigerated truck was awful, but it got him through some very high security zones and the border – and she was decent enough company when he could sit in the passenger seat in the long stretches of desert highway. All she asked was company and sympathetic ear as she complained about how hard it was being a long route driver and troll and whatever else she felt like complaining about, but Tlanextli owes her his life – a debt he hopes he never has to repay.
Connection/Loyalty: 4/4

Familiarity: I am fairly familiar with the setting and world, but I am only vaguely familiar with the mechanics.

Last edited by wodine; 01-20-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16048
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
The Elven Exile
right-aligned image
Rebel Girl

"This is the life I chose, not the one I was handed. I gave up a lot to be here, put up with so much drek. Now hand me that gun and let's go make a fraggin' difference, chummer!"

Tamwyn Oto'Alaiet
AKA Rinelle
Elven Guns, Bombs and a Boisterous PersonalityRabblerouser / Forbidden Arcana pg. 47, Chaos TraditionAspected Apprentice

Rinelle carries the average elven build, narrow at the shoulders and waist with wiry limbs, and the average elven haughtiness, her smile always more of a smirk. Her highlighted hair, straightened and braided, rebels against the efforts by curling at the ends in an effort to reclaim its natural state. She has dark skin, smooth and free of blemishes, which clashes heavily with her street wear; Metal and leather battle denim and cotton for space in the wardrobe, mostly baggy pants and sleeveless vests and heavy boots. It is punk, but taken two steps too far and drenched in overdone jewelry and body paint. She often acts before thinking, her hands and mouth too often a step ahead of her brain. She hasn't managed to shake the accent, all upper crust Tir with clipped vowels and flowing consonants, and has taken to overusing runner slang to try and direct attention away from it.

left-aligned image
In Wealthier Times

You ever feel like your life may have been doomed from the start? It's kind of freeing once you get over the crushing doubt and nauseating self-loathing. It started out so easy for me. First born to a real blueblood family in the Tir, all I wanted through my childhood was to make my father happy. Society training, gymnastics, languages...all studied at his command and all easily learned. My first problems popped up in my early teens when he started me on hermetic magical studies. Magic was a point of pride in my family and sure, I got pretty good at masking and disguising but all the books and incantations just didn't click. My parent's disappointment was heavy on my shoulders. They brought in a shamanist tutor, a druidic mentor. They even called in favors to get me instruction in the Path of the Wheel. I took what made sense from each of them but continued to struggle.

I started hearing the whispers then. A soft sound that came to me when I was alone or uncomfortable. They stoked the anger in me, sure, but they also clued me in on how to summon spirits. I needed what they offered, I couldn't close them out. It was only spirits of man...my father loved that little quirk...but it was something. I was always good at anything I tried and now I couldn't look my father in the eye as he lavished my younger brother with his attentions. When Aldrist was engaged to the daughter of a powerful family I was outright forbidden from attending the ceremonies. That's when the whispers got really bad. I was better than this, they told me. I deserved better than this. And they were right. I went ballistic at dinner that night, throwing plates and screaming while my mother wept. My father hit me for the first and final time that day.

That is why, in the course of a single evening, I torpedoed my entire life. The night of Aldrist's engagement party I followed nova-coke with a 80,000 nuyen bottle of Tir sweet wine. Then I set my father's study on fire and watched his art collections burn. I snuck into the party and seduced my brother's fiancee in the bathroom of the venue. Then I left him a recording of it. Mom, well...she was already living her own personal hell so there wasn't anything I could do to make things worse. Now sure, the whispers told me to do it but frag if I didn't want to and even today I get fluttery when I think about it. They burned me back, of course. I got word of the banishment while on the road to Seattle, and my accounts turned up empty hours later.

When I hit the Barrens I had nothing. I ate soy ramen for the first time in my life and I choked it down to quell the rage in my heart. I scrounged and I scraped and I did the drek work that nobody else wanted, all with the whispers still soft in my ear. I studied the hard skills in my off time: how to shoot, how to sneak, how to lead. The things that the shadows made valuable. I found mentors in the gutters, in the bars and alleys, and I took from them what made sense. Now all that work is gonna pay off. I'm gonna get my money, make those connections and one day...oh, chummer...one day I'm gonna kick down the door to my family's estate and take back what's mine. Let me tell you, it's gonna be swag.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 08-11-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:33 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2389
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
Application
Street Name/Real Name: Whisper / Ebony
Metatype(Sex): Elf (Female)
Intended Role: Adapt Infiltrator
Apearance:
left-aligned image
Ebony is rather short for an elf, only standing five foot four high with black hair and green eyes. Her skin has a natural light tan to it and if she spends too much time in the sun, freckles appear across her nose and shoulders. She has an uncanny resemblance to the Trid star Lucy Louie.

Ebony Prefers practical comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement while hiding her features and helping her blend with the environment, mostly wearing a combination of greys or blacks and never something with a logo. She doesn’t have any body art, piercings or jewellery maintaining a bland and boring appearance.

Backstory: Ebony is an 'escaped clone' of Lucy Louie the tri-d star. Escaped is probably the wrong word, more like extracted. A group of Runners were hired to extract the Lucy Louie wimp for a client, the run went bad after they got hold of apparently all the clones in the facility were Lucy Louie'sone of the Lucy Louie's. The entire team was taken out except for the Rigger and Street samurai, who escaped with the clone. Unable to contact 'Mr Johnson' they decided to skip the country and retire to the greater UCAS, taking the clone with them. Unfortunately, some drek decided they wanted to take over the plane. Onboard security dusted them but the plane still had to make an emergency landing in Sea-Tac, Seattle. Some badge also decided to take the opportunity to double check everyone's travel information. The The alias they were travelling under'Jetson family' decided it was recommendable to not to be scrutinized and escaped into Seattle proper.

The clone deciding to keep the name Ebony from their 'Jetson' identity, learning much from her two 'adopted parents' during the flight but proved to have some education likely from some form of VR schooling while in the tube, which could explain why she wasn't a vegetable as was expected from wimps. Settling into Seattle wasn't a quick process especially having already spent most of their cred just getting here. They performed a few homeruns to acquire equipment, contacts and a bit of Nuyen to not so much get back into the game but perhaps leave it with some stability. It was during this time that the Rigger orchestrated the removal of a diner owner by anonymously feeding incriminating evidence to Knight Errant. After the owner was dragged away, the Street Samurai simply walked in and took over and has been running the place since.

In the years until now Ebony has been doing the occasional NinjaEats, your food will be delivered by a certified ninja or your money back!*

*All contractors are required to watch the supplied 'ninja training' trid to receive their 'certificate of ninjahood' failure to do so will result in termination of your contract and recuperation of losses from your persons.
odd jobs and even tried waiting tables at the diner, a job she disliked. When not engaged in the odd job, she learned Seattle making friends and enemies along the way. She has taken a particular interest in 'The Underground' and has started to hang out with the Skraacha.

Role Play Example:
The van pulled up outside their target, Spyder looked at the time in the corner of his HUD.
"Still early, won't be up yet." and gave Ebony the nod. She exited through the hatch in the van's roof and Spyder passed the package up to her. She pulled it up and carefully slid it up into the fire escape before jumping up next to it. Spyder gave her a thumbs up and disappeared into the van. She quietly carried the package up the fire escape counting the floors until she was just below the right one. She mentally sent Spyder a message to deal with the cameras before continuing up to the correct floor and moving to the window next to the fire door. She knew both were alarmed, however, the drone flap beneath the window wasn't. She pushed the package through the small flap before following it herself, a bit of a squeeze but nothing she hadn't done before. There wasn't much to the hallway beyond, she kept near to the walls not leaving footprints in the dust. She approached the door she wanted, she knew the drone flap for this door was alarmed and locked. She signalled Spyder to open the way and waited for the confirm. It came and she slipped through. Making her way through the living area she located the bedroom and put the package down taking out her lockpicks. She got a notice from Spyer to hurry as the lock gave way and the door opened. She gently pushed the door open and stole into the room with the package. There was a form still in the bed, Ebony knew this figure would have an SMG clutched in one of it's chromed fists, so she had to be careful. She carefully approached and removed the items from the bedside table, placing them on the floor underneath. She unpacked the package, placing the items within on the cleared table adding an extra something from her pocket and quickly escaped the room, making sure to lock the door as she left.
~
Mel awoke with a start and reflexively scanned the room with her SMG, still trying to blink sleep out of her natural eye and not yet understanding the data coming through her smart link. Something was amiss, there was a smell... She looked at her bedside table the source of the scent. there was a polystyrene meal container, one of those large paper takeaway cups and a note.
'Happy Mothers day' it read, Her HUD beeped at her with a message
'Wakey Wake eggs and Bakey! ' came from Tod. She sighed
'Damn it Tod' She responded

Other:
Link to Character Sheet (dropbox)
  • Tod Fladashem AKA Spyder - Rigger - Human Male
    Though retired from running in the shadows Tod can't help but keep a foot in the door, though he won't go out on jobs he's happy to repair or build drones to spec and do remote surveillance work. In a way, he's become a self-styled information broker. He is a rather optimistic and flamboyant man with a deep voice, always looking on the bright side regardless of how dire the situation. He sees himself as Ebony's adoptive father, bristling with pride when she calls him dad and often or not calling her 'kid' or 'darling'. He can usually be found around 'Karen's Kitchen'

• There seems to be a lack of Cybered
    -up Female Ork Street Samurai art.
    So here is the best Troll.
    Melika AKA Baroness - Street Samurai - Female Orc
    Retired from the shadows Mel has embraced her passion for cooking and hydroponics and now runs 'Karen's Kitchen' after the previous owner was dragged off by Knight Errant. Still armed and dangerous she doubles as the main deterrent to those wishing to cause trouble in her diner, backed up by Tod's drones when necessary. For the right price, she can get you real coffee and make a mean omelette with real eggs. Though she was originally against keeping the clone, she eventually gave in and has come to like Ebony, though refers to her as 'girl'. Somehow she always seems to sound tired and unimpressed. It is not an unusual sight to find Mel and Tod arguing like a married couple.
  • The Skraacha
    Largely unknown to the group as a whole, Ebony has been spending more time in their territory and on occasion has helped them out for no other reason then "orks are cool". Those few who do know her call her 'Squeaky'
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)

Last edited by Ghost6442; 01-29-2019 at 02:05 AM.