RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 09-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindKilrik looked at his best chance to get the pups down safely, then looked again at the swiftly approaching storm. Sitting down with the pups, he took all three of them into his lap and scratched between their ears and under their chins. Warlthuz nipped at his finger, biting a little too hard, but Kilrik just smiled at the pain which seemed miniscule compared to the agony wracking his body, a reminder of his encounter with Tikbalang.

He playfully pinched Warlthuz's ear, then tickled Phayeel under the chin. He looked closely at each pup, smelling their heads in turn, before talking to them, mostly addressing the largest one, Dirfang.

"We're going to climb down this cliff, from this point, and we must remain cautious but swift. Please climb into my pack, surrounded by my cloak for warmth and comfort. I'll get us down as quickly and safely as I can."

Opening the pack, he gently urged the pups to enter.

They refused.

Maybe a different way...

Flicking a fingernail into a razor-sharp talon, he gutted another coney and gave it to the pups to feast upon. They were still hungry, as growing pups always are, and he allowed them to feed. He sadly and hungrily looked at the last two rabbits hanging from his belt, they were small, barely past being kits themselves, but they would have to last until the next great find.

As the pups fought over the liver, Kilrik prayed to Jaspree.

"These three need me, and I need them. Greenfather, grant the dead roots the strength to stay strong while I entrust my body, and their health, to their final task of holding and guiding us to the bottom of the cliff. Guide my eyes that I might find meat for them, and food for myself as well. Help us survive these most difficult nights, that we will emerge stronger, harder, faster, and more ferocious than the Horror that destroyed so much of your green forest. Guide us, feed us, protect us, so that we may return, and destroy the abomination."

He looked down at the pups, and saw that while Dirfang and Phayeel had fed well, Warlthuz still looked hungry. Only a few bones and bits of fur were left. The pups made short work of that coney.

"I'm sorry, I should have made sure your sister and brother shared."

Kilrik repeated the task, but just removed the entrails, giving first choice of liver and kidneys to Warlthuz, so that the smallest of the three had a better chance to grow strong.

After they had fed, he invited the pups to his lap again, and surrounded them with his cloak, gently stroking their backs and softly yipping and growling with them. Slowly, warm and with full bellies, the pups slowly drifted to sleep in Kilrik's lap.

He stroked their fur a little longer, allowing them to fall deeply asleep, before he slowly removed the cloak and placed it into the bottom of the bag as a warm bedding. Then, one pup at a time, he placed his charges into the large sack, carefully tying the flap closed, and putting the straps around his shoulders, but reversed, so the bag was in front.

Stepping slowly and carefully, he began the trip down the angled slope, using his hands and feet, sliding and climbing down as quickly as he could without going so fast that he felt he would lose control and fall, he continued until he reached the dead tree.

Kilrik took his knife and cut a handful of long, thin roots, looping them around the shoulder-straps of his bag, and making a quick braid of the long, thin roots. He looped the braided end of the bag and held it in his teeth, then carefully, and with little jostling, he put his arms through and wore the pack upon his back.

Jaspree, please keep these roots strong. The braiding will help, but I'm putting all of my faith into your guidance now. The tree is dead, but the roots... give them a little bit of the strength and resilience they had in life.

He began to climb down the cliff, hand over hand, gripping with all of his strength, hand over hand, he climbed.

Once he was at the point he could no longer rely on the roots, he shrugged off the pack, holding the braided end in his hand and teeth, while holding the root with the other, he slowly and gently lowered the pack, inch by inch, foot by foot. The pack lowered down until he was holding the very end of the braided root in the tips of his fingers.

The rope was too short by a couple of feet.

"There's going to be a bit of a jolt, I'm sorry."

He let go, and the pack crashed down. Several surprised yelps from the pups emerged, and the bag started to wobble and warp as the three pups struggled to be free of their dark, though soft, prison.

Kilrik, unburdened by pack and pups, tried to climb down the last bit quickly to get to them and free them. He was nearly successful, but slipped on the last foothold, and fell the last four yards, crashing down onto the ground next to the pups.

Groaning in pain, he rolled over to the pack, crawling on hands and knees the two yards to the struggling pups, and released them from their prison.

"I'm sorry, had to do it, we're down, we're safe... any of you hurt?" He quickly checked over his charges, and was pleased to see no obvious injuries, though they were clearly stressed from the ordeal.

"You're free now, come on, let's find shelter from this coming storm."

He put on his cloak and bag, and with pups in tow, he hustled along the cliff, in the direction of where he originally climbed up, searching for any kind of shelter that could keep them dry and warm this day. "There must be something in this cliff... let's go!"







Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 20 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconscousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma3/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
OOC:Kilrik will take a chance and work on his bond with Warlthuz, no Karma, just straight roll. As long as it doesn't botch, there's no downside.
Dice STEP 6 (D10):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d10cx9,10t 5 Running Total = 5


Unskilled Climbing check... oh, man, this is where we all die...
Dice STEP 4 (D6):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d6cx9,6t 6 Running Total = 6
→ d6cx9,6t 3 Running Total = 9

Huzzah!!!

Climbing down last bit by himself, falling at this point is okay.
Dice STEP 4 (D6):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 4
And so he does.

Falling damage, 4 yards, step 10:
Dice STEP 10 (2D8):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d8cx9,8t 2 Running Total = 2
d8cx9,8t 4 Running Total = 6
Not bad, not bad at all, I'll take it! Could have easily been a 4th wound.

Wilderness Survival: Looking for shelter!
Dice STEP 4 (D6) With Karma:
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 4
d6cx9,6t 6 Running Total = 10
→ d6cx9,6t 3 Running Total = 13
Sweet!!!

__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 09-26-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-01-2018, 02:01 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - EveningThe hardest part was over. Now, Kilrik and the pups enjoy a far less strenuous path. The ledges are narrow, some of the path is covered in slipping gravel and shale, but never are they forced to outright climb again. The path loops them around the mountain peak over and over as it winds its way down, visions of the sun slowly sinking over a far-off horizon gracing them on their journey.

The storm rolls close. First, thunder can be heard, then flashes of lightning. Hours into the journey, Kilrik feels the first few drops of rain, and clouds threaten to block out the low-hanging sun. No sooner than Kilrik begins to worry about finding shelter in time does he stumble across one of the many caves that dot the mountains. The cave is spacious enough for the four of them, and there are no signs of animal life within. It will do to wait out the storm.

Insides, the pups begin sniffing everything they can find. They pay no attention to the markings on the wall that catch Kilrik's eye. There are more rudimentary pictures, similar to the ones he had seen in the cave at the base of the mountain. There are two drawings, however, which Kilrik has not seen before, that of a bird flying in the sky, pouring water from a jug carried in its claws, and one of another bird holding an eyeball in its beak.


Outside, the wind begins to howl, and the rain picks up. Within seconds, the downpour is torrential. Lightning strikes, thunder sounds, and the pups huddle together in the back of the cave, grouped together for protection from the rage of the sky.

OOCNot enough to increase your bond with Warlthuz, but good climb check, and great survival check.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindParanoia gripped Kilrik as he gazed at the strange paintings.

Bird with an eye in its beak... "Tikbalang is watching..." he muttered to himself.

Filthy bastard probably had a good chuckle at my fall. Kilrik slowly started to pull off the pieces of hide armor, inspecting what wounds he could see, though so much of his pain came from his throat, deep in his chest, and down his back. He placed Mother's Dying Oath in the front pocket of his pack while he did so.

I'll be screaming in pain for weeks to come. There's no real rest to be had, not until I get these pups to safety. Have to make our way down the mountain, have to find the Three Rivers.

After scraping some blood out of his hides, he puts the dirty armor back on and huddles closely with the pups, giving them the last of the rabbits to feast on. Kilrik took a little of the entrails for himself, for though he was ravenous, he knew they needed the food more than he did, and Orks are known to survive on the slightest of meals when the belts needed to be tied especially tight.

Tomorrow, we will find our way down the mountain, if I can keep my strength up, then we will be close to the forest, close to food. Even Rynne's camp will be acceptable, unless the mountain wishes to blast us with...

Lightning flashed and a cacophonous roar of thunder caused the pups to whine in fear, Dirfang had woken from his weak slumber to join them in their cries, and Kilrik just huddled closer with them still.

He took Mother's Dying Oath from the pocket of his pack and held it tightly in his grip, thumb pressed into the small divot, feeling the bumps and swirls on the surface. He showed the stone to the pups, let them sniff it, lick it, know that their mother was still with them.

"Another night, we still live, they are hungry, but not starving. I am starving, but not dying. Tomorrow will be a better day, the worst of our journey should be behind us."

He looked again at the paintings on the cave wall, though their details were swiftly becoming harder and harder to see, even with his Orkish sight being sensitive in darkness.

"I'm not going to be able to keep my eyes open much longer, Llithra, we are safe from the storm in this cave, though I don't trust the cave entirely. I'll need your eyes. Wake me if a threat comes, wake me that I might..." Kilrik's jaw cracks with a terrible yawn, one that sends bolts of pain down his throat and chest, reminders of the crows and the fall that Tikbalang entertained him with. "That I might protect your babes."

He placed the stone inside of his armor, above his heart, and laid back. Backpack for a pillow, hide armor and thick cloak for a blanket, and three snoozing pups for warmth and comfort, Kilrik closed his eyes and drifted off as a prayer to Jaspree still lingered on his lips.

"Green Father, watch these pups, they are still a part of your cycle, let me find prey for them, and roots and berries for myself, tomorrow is a day of forage and travel... I beg you... to... guide my... eyes... as... I..."

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 20 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconscousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma3/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
OOC:Sleepy time! Let's see if poor Kilrik wakes up.
Did the snow in the water skins melt? He hasn't made a fire, but the cold will feel great against his back, so if they're still frozen, he'll use them as ice packs until they warm and melt.
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-08-2018, 07:47 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - Before DawnAgain, Kilrik's dreams are filled with strange portents.

Kilrik stands in a strange, far away city. The sky is bright blue with sparse, fluffy white clouds, the air is hot and arid. The streets are sandy, flanked by low buildings of baked brick and clay. In the distance, he can see three pyramids with wide stone steps reaching towards the sky.

The mural-decorated walls begin to bubble with bright red blood, which trickles down to mix with the orange sand and create a viscous, sanguine clay. In the distance, Kilrik can hear screams, but he cannot tell from where. Faint figures, as if made from nearly invisible fog drift around and through him, fleeing something. A dark cloud rolls in from the horizon, too fast to be a storm. No... it is a swarm of crows. As the reach the city, they fly through and around Kilrik, ignoring him as if he is a ghost, and in their wake they leave a pale red fog behind them, staining Kilrik's view of everything around him. Then the sky cracks - quite literally - and a black tear opens... then another. The ground shivers and shakes before splitting open to reveal an underground vault, floors and walls covered in the skulls of countless elves, humans, and dwarves-


Kilrik awakes to the feeling of a hot coal pressed into his chest. He scrambles to paw away Lilithra's stone from his skin, which ceases to burn and glow, and returns to being a seemingly normal stone once he has it in his hand. Covered in a cold - too cold - sweat, Kilrik quickly moves the snow-filled canteens he had placed against his body the night before. The makeshift ice-packs have done a wonderful job of cooling his wounds, but are now perhaps overstaying their welcome... and besides, they are now filled with crisp, cool water, perfect for drinking. Cuddled up nice and cozy to the ork are two soft, warm pups...

Two?

Kilrik looks around... Phayeel is nowhere to be found. Outside the cave are a set of paw prints in the parchment-thin layer of frost. Thankfully, no indication of distress nor injury accompanies them. The tracks continue for a good ten feet before seemingly disappearing, as an overhang prevents snow from falling on the ledge. Hopefully Kilrik can pick up the trail once again...
__________________
On long hiatus.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:34 AM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindDreams...

They are an enigma to the storytellers of the Orks. Some use the dreams we have as portents to a future that could be, a past that once was, or a hint towards what is happening now. Others believe they are simply stories that we tell ourselves, an exercise in our own creativity. Kilrik knew better. The dreams were a message. The dreams led him to her, and the dreams

Kilrik woke with a start, clawing at the burning stone against his chest, then watched in amazement as it quickly cooled in his hand, as though it wanted him to wake up.

Strange... With that bizarre dream, did... Llirith? Was that you? Did you...

He looks at the two pups sleeping, cuddled next to his broken and battered body which hadn't recovered much since his encounter with Tikbalang. Bed rest, good food; these were the ways to recover, but neither of them were an option. He was in survival mode, crippled with injuries, and saddled with the three pups. Realization dawned upon him, two pups... two?

Phayeel?

With a groan, he pulls himself to his feet while taking a much needed drink of water, and moves to the front of the cave, expecting to see Phayeel relieving herself at the front of the cave. Seeing Warlthuz and Dirfang cuddled warmly together, he places his pack in front of them, to block any drafts that wandered in, throws his cloak over his shoulders, and heads out to see if Phayeel is alright.

Tracks ending in fresh snow... she's gone? She's gone!? SHE'S GONE!!!

Kilrik's heart instantly begins to beat with the panic that a parent with small children has, when one of them rounds a corner and completely disappears into a crowd. The fear a parent has when a small child suddenly is gone from where they were standing together in the woods.

No trace past the shelter of the overhang... she was heading this way!

"Green Father watch over them while I find their sister." the prayer to Jaspree leaves his lips as he follows the ledge in the direction that Phayeel's tracks were last seen. His ears open, straining for any sound, he hurries along the ledge, but remains careful not to slip, as he feet crunch through fresh snow laying atop iced rocks.

After the first slip of his feet, he realizes just how dangerous the current combination of thin ice and fresh snow is, and he begins to follow on a crawl. After following for just a dozen meters, he brushes the snow aside, perhaps the pressure of her footfalls left a mark upon the frost.

How long has she been gone? She could be anywhere! The only reason I even woke up was...

His hand goes to his chest, where he keeps Mother's Dying Oath. Show me, Llirith. show me where Phayeel is. Guide our heart, kindred soul.

Sitting on his knees in the ice and snow on a ledge being assaulted by icy winds, Kilrik closed his eyes and focused on the stone resting against his heart.

"Show me..."

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 19 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconscousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma3/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
OOC:Kids... they do this kind of crap all the time.
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-28-2018, 11:52 AM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - Before DawnA Mother's Dying Oath grows hot in Kilrik's, like a dying coal. It isn't enough to burn, but it does give off the sensation of roiling rage, a quiet anger that the Ork would lose one of the pups. Nevertheless, a wriggling sensation creeps into Kilrik's arm, crawling up his nerves and muscles. Gently, an invisible force, like the jaws of a wolf, tug at his arm and orient his body. That way... that way to Phayeel... But something is wrong. Phayeel is not simply to the west... she is also below, Within the mountain? Did she find a cave? It would be easy enough. There are thousands of caves and tunnels running through these mountains. The real question is which one did she take?

By focusing on a Mother's Dying Oath, Kilrik almost doesn't notice the sound of soft footsteps drawing close. Almost.

He looks up towards its source, a Namegiver he cannot quite discern before he hears the sound of a crossbow firing. Kilrik hits the snow before he even thinks, and the bolt sails above his head. Kilrik scrambles to his feet while his orkish assailant - it is an ork, isn't it? - reloads his crossbow.

"L-looks like we're eat-t-ting meat, b-boys," the attacker calls out. His voice is strangely monotone, and his jaw twitches open and shut like a puppet on a string, as if the ork is chattering and shivering in the cold.

From behind some rocks another pair of orks appear, brandishing crude axes, designed more for chopping wood than flesh and bone. The red stains on the hones edges show that the two have not found this fact to be a significant detriment to their banditry. From Kilrik's other side, a troll emerges from behind a tree with a spear and a shield, flanking Kilrik. He grins as he slams his spear against his hide shield like a war drum. The lot of them look starved half to death and exhausted. Even the troll is as skinny as an elf... but that isn't to say none of them have any fight in them. They all seem eager at the prospect of easy prey.

From within the cave, Dirfang and Warlthuz snarl and bare their fangs, but the four bandits outside do not seem to know they are there, yet.

OOCKilriik's action.

You can try to command Warlthuz and Dirfang, but any command will require Animal Handling rolls, with more dangerous tactics requiring higher rolls. Ultimately, they are NPCs. Both wolves act immediately after Kilrik.

 
 

Last edited by NotAHoneyBadger; 10-28-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindKilrik stared at the side of the mountain, sensing that Phayeel was somewhere inside, another cave perhaps? No way to tell, not with his poor tracking skills. He’d need to be able too follow her scent. Her scent...

Warlthuz and Dirfang, I need their help, but will they understand?

Just as he turned to head to the cave and wake the boys, the ambush was upon him. Acting without thought, he dodged aside, out of the way of the crossbow bolt, and looked into the eyes of Warlthuz and Dirfang. Hastily shoving A Mother’s Dying Oath into his armor, he scrambled to his feet to face his assailant.

Starved, emaciated, driven to desperation.

"It looks like we’re eating meat tonight!" the idiot stammered through his chattering teeth. As though these two had a chance. even wounded, Kilrik knew he had them bested, with just a little luck he could...

Two more stepped out from behind a rock.

How could I have missed them... this is...

Warlthuz and Dirfang emerged from the cave, white fur hiding them in the fresh snow, and Kilrik had to act now, Phayeel was lost in the mountain, and the others would surely be butchered for their entrails.

I don’t have time for this...

Advice from a masterTark Bloodmaw grabbed the young ork and threw him to the ground.

"Again! You’ve got to be faster! What will you do when three cutthroats come at ya and yer alone, or yer beast is away, or hurt, or dead? Eh? While they’re flapping their gums and trying to scare ya, ya better be ripping out their throats first, and fast. Even the odds quickly."

Young Kilrik got up and assumed the fighting position, weight on his front leg, ready to leap back, or charge forward, looking for an opening.

"Master Tark, who do I kill first? " he said as he leapt at the older ork, fist streaking right at the age Beastmaster’s jaw.

Tark laughed as he easily sidestepped the attack and planted a knee into the youngling’s gut, causing Kilrik to double over in pain, gasping for breath.

His smile was devious, cruel, and efficient.

"Kill the biggest one first."

Growling a command to Warlthuz and Dirfang, "Stay by my side, kill who I kill!", his gahad set aflame, Kilrik launched himself at the huge, though starved and withered, troll.

His hands flashed into mighty claws, longer and sharper than he had ever created, and he charged. Though the wounds in his body screamed for rest and ease, he pushed through the pain, feinted with one claw against the troll, causing his foe to raise his shield, just in time for his other hand to sweep upward across the troll’s abdomen.

Master Tark could gut a Troll with one strike, let’s see how I fare...

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 20 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconscousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma1/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
OOC:This is... hmm... this is going to hurt. Kilrik burned 2 Karma and took one point of strain for that move, I, sure the troll is knocked down, hopefully the pups can shred him while he’s down.

His physical Defense is 7 this round.


rolls
Dice STEP 9 (D8+D6) With Karma:
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d8cx9,8t 8 Running Total = 8
→ d8cx9,8t 1 Running Total = 9
d6cx9,6t 6 Running Total = 15
→ d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 19
d6cx9,6t 2 Running Total = 21

Damage, aggressive attack +2 extra successes:
Dice STEP 15 (D12+2D6) With Karma:
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d12cx9,12t 3 Running Total = 3
d6cx9,6t 5 Running Total = 8
d6cx9,6t 6 Running Total = 14
→ d6cx9,6t 1 Running Total = 15
d6cx9,6t 2 Running Total = 17

Order wolves to stay with him and attack Troll:
Dice STEP 4 (D6):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d6cx9,6t 5 Running Total = 5
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 11-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-20-2018, 05:33 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - Before Dawn Kilrik's onslaught is as ferocious as it is sudden.

The troll stands gawking, unused to his prey showing such tenacity, even as Kilrik's claws rip into his stomach. The ork follows through on his charge, colliding full force into the burly troll and toppling it to the ground. Warlthuz follows at Kilrik's heels, snarling almost comically considering his size. Following his protector's commands, the young wolf leaps onto the downed troll and rips at his throat. The troll squirms and tries to batter the wolf away, but Kilrik binds the brute's arms until he stops moving.

Dirfang is far less subordinate. The wolf charges off on his own to attack the crossbowman, leaping to bite at the ork's arm. Dirfang's fangs are blocked by the sturdy wooden crossbow, then the ork shakes the weapon and flings the pup off right before cracking the butt of the weapon into Dirfang's skull. The pups cries out, but returns to snarling and barking, no fight lost within him.

The two remaining orks look at each other, frightened that they are already a man down, but ultimately pluck up the courage to charge. However, one lags behind before veering off to attack Dirfang, leaving his companion to face Kilrik alone. His axe hacks into the pup, not a solid blow but brutal and deep to be sure. Within moment's Dirfang's white fur is stained with significant red just below the shoulder blade.

The other ork charges into Kilrik with gusto, slamming into the beastmaster just as he had charged into the troll. The axe comes down and bites into Kilrik's back... but is caught in the thick winter clothes and does little more than leave a painful bruise.

Warlthuz let's go of the troll's throat, having finished the brute off. The troll's neck now resembles a mangled steak, with pools of blood leaking into the snow and dripping from Warlthuz's neck.


OOC Low rolls this round. Warlthuz goes first, finishes off the troll. Kilrik next, then all bandits, and Dirfang last.

Kilrik got hit, but luckily his armor soaked all the damage.

 
 
__________________
On long hiatus.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 11-23-2018, 06:14 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindKilrik stood over the freshly slain corpse of the Troll. He had nearly killed it in one blow, and Warlthuz finished it off by ripping out the fool's throat.

He turned and faced the ork who tried to cut him down with what felt like just the handle of his axe. The idiot couldn't even swing a weapon properly. His bloodlust slightly sated as the gore drips from his claws, he spins around and points a bloody claw at the Troll whose light was quickly fading from his eyes.

He shouts in Or'zet "THERE'S YOUR MEAT, FOOL! Drop your weapon and I'll let you live long enough to have his legs to... " his eyes fell on Dirfang, surrounded and bloodied, and his gahad flared to white hot flame. Kilrik charged forward without finishing his sentence, shouting for Warlthuz to follow. "Warlthuz! Help your brother!" and he leapt at the ork, raking a claw down the fool's back while screaming out.

"Dirfang! Defensive! Don't get hit! Warlthuz, you too, fight carefully! FOOLS! You wanted meat!? Come and get your meat! RaaaaaarrgghaAaA!!!!!!!!"

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 21 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconscousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma0/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
rollsLast karma point...
Dice STEP 9 (D8+D6) With Karma:
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d8cx9,8t 1 Running Total = 1
d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 5
d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 9
good thing I used Karma, now... Kilrik is behind the guy, so he gets Blindside bonus to attack, reducing enemy Physical Defense by 2, which means a 9 gets a bonus success. +2 steps to damage.
Dice STEP 13 (D12+D10):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d12cx9,12t 5 Running Total = 5
d10cx9,10t 4 Running Total = 9
meh... probably a wound at least. Okay, I'll get the post up later.
If you don't think the Blindside bonus should apply, then -2 from that result for a measly 7
Oh, trying to command the pups:
Dice STEP 4 (D6):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d6cx9,6t 6 Running Total = 6
→ d6cx9,6t 2 Running Total = 8

__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 11-23-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-08-2018, 03:13 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - Before Dawn So quickly does Kilrik leap onto the back of the other axe-wielder, he barely notices as the one who had struck him stands still for a few moments, staring at his troll companion. He weighs the fact that his largest and strongest ally had been killed in the blink of an eye, and that he himself was so ineffectual, Kilrik had just ignored him. Choosing caution as the better part of valor, he flees immediately, running away from the snarling, bloodstained Warlthuz.

Meanwhile, Kilrik carves a quintet of gashes down the back of the other axe-wielding ork, punishment for attacking Dirfang. The ork howls in pain and whips around, clumsily swinging at Kiirik's head, and That beautiful 1...missing entirely. In the attack, Kilrik gets a good look at the ork's arm, and can see that underneath the furs, it is emaciated and half-ripped to shreds.

The crossbowman takes a step back and tries the fire another bolt at the wolf in front of him, but nearly slips off the edge of the cliff and misses. He watches as one of his companions flees. "COWARD!" he cries, but the fear on his face shows he knows that his fate is likely sealed.

Dirfang, perhaps now humbled, finally listens to Kilrik, and takes the opportunity to take a cheap shot at the axe-wielder who had struck him, biting into his side as he circles back around to put distance in between himself and the crossbowman.

OOC Kilrik up first, then the crossbow bandit and the fleeing bandit, then the wolves, then the remaining bandit

 
 
__________________
On long hiatus.

Last edited by NotAHoneyBadger; 12-08-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
To Throw Caution to the WindKilrik snarls like a wild animal and slashes hard at the ax-wielding fool in front of him. His claws miss his quarry’s face by the breadth of a hair, spraying the orks own blood into his pain-twisted face.

"Coward? No, he’s the only one of you lot with the brains to survive this morning." he snarls at the crossbow-wielding idiot. "You have the time it takes me to gut your friend here to make the same choice! Warlthuz! Attack!"

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 22 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconsciousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma0/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery0/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
rolls
Dice STEP 9 (D8+D6):
d2-1rh1 (1 (Rerolls: greater than 1))-1 Total = 0
d8cx9,8t 1 Running Total = 1
d6cx9,6t 4 Running Total = 5

Miss. Since the Ork attacked Kilrik last, he's likely facing Kilrik, so I won't get the blindside bonus. Oh well, Maybe Dirfang will finish him.

OOC: Note that Kilrik has been using Aggressive Attack option each round to counter the wound penalty. He has been taking 1 point of strain each round, so you should have him at 22 damage now.

I can see there's going to be a moral dilemma very soon. Does Kilrik hide in the cave with the wolves, feasting on Namegiver flesh while tending to his wounds? Does he allow the wolves to eat troll and ork entrails? Is he going to start becoming the monster?
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 12-09-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:29 AM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
Survive - Before DawnThe crossbowman switches targets, aiming at Kilrik instead of the already-injure Dirfang... perhaps out of spite, perhaps in the hope that killing the master would cause the wolves to flee. So adamant is he to strike Kilrik, he practically aims through his remaining comrade, who glanced behind himself for leadership just in the nick of time to widen his eyes in surprise and terror, and duck out of the way.

The effort is pointless. The crossbow bolt strikes true and embeds itself in Kilrik's meager armor, but that meager armor is enough. The blow is enough to knock the wind out of the Beastmaster, but nothing more. Meanwhile, the axe-wielder is temporarily exposed enough to warrant
both wolves biting into him. The combined assault of Dirfang and Warlthuz is impossible to defend against for such an uncoordinated fighter. First he is dragged face-first into the frosty ground, then the back of his neck and head is torn to shreds. Judging from the screams and subsequent gurgling noises, it is not a swift death, one that lasts long after the wolves have finished biting.


Both red-muzzled wolves look up from their second kill toward the one who had caused Dirfang so much pain and growl... no, it is more like a roar. Somehow, Warlthuz seems even more enraged than his brother.

OOCWe could do one more round of combat, but I see little point as Crossbow Boy didn't get to go first. He has almost no chance of knocking out anyone, and no realistic chance of fleeing. Go ahead and describe the killing blow.
__________________
On long hiatus.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
The Cruelty of Nature and NamegiversKilrik grunted at the impact of the bolt and looked down at his belly. The quarrel had punched into the armor, but at a section that had two layers of thick hide overlapping each other, and a thick leather belt tying the two together. A thumb's width higher, and I'd be laying on the ground, bleeding out, Dirfang and Warlthuz would have killed him, certainly, but what then? What of Phayeel?

He looked up at the imbecile fumbling with his crossbow, and walked up to him, gore dripped from the Beastmaster's claws and fury blazed in his eyes. Fury, and a touch of something else, something new, something glorious and terrible, powerful and crippling. Kilrik saw an opportunity to make the last one suffer for his foolishness, and at the same time give his new friends some much needed practice.

Teach them... The message came to him in an emotion, and emotion of anxiety and desire, necessity and instinct. The pups needed to learn, and their mother had charged Kilrik with their care. He whispered, "I will," to Llithra as he approached.

The emaciated ork in front of him still seemed intent on loading his crossbow, and just as he finished cocking the bowstave and moved half-frozen fingers to begin placing the quarrel in the bridle, Kilrik reached up with his clawed hands and grabbed it by the cocking stirrup, ripping the device from the ork's grasp and throwing it into a snowdrift. With his other clawed hand, he grabbed the ork and twisted his arm, spinning him around to face Dirfang and Warlthuz with Kilrik holding him from behind.

"Had you come to my camp in peace and friendship, I would have shared my fire, my stories, and I would have found food for all of you. The mountain provides well for me and my friends, and it could have guided me to provide for you too. If you don't know how to survive up here, then you shouldn't be up here. Now, you will merely provide much needed practice and sustenance for my friends."

Reaching down with his free hand, he rips a gash across the back of the ork's thigh and pushes him forward with a kick to the rump.

"Run," a touch of terrible cruelty laced his voice, "as fast as you can."

He holds his hand forward to the wolves, asking them to heel for a few moments to give the ork a little bit of room to run. As soon as he is a dozen yards away, however, he gives the command.

"Dirfang, Warlthuz, kill him, but be quick, we need to find Phayeel."

The ork, stumbling from the wound and panicked, tries his best to run, leaving a trail of blood and stinking of fear and feces, is quickly pulled down by Dirfang, who rips out his Achilles tendon and is then finished off by Warlthuz.

Kilrik, his bloodlust sated, reaches into the snowdrift and pulls out the crossbow, laying it on the ground by the mouth of the cave.

I'll come back to these findings later, more important matters await.

"Warlthuz, Dirfang, I'm sorry, you cannot stop to feast now, we need to find your sister. This meat will still be here when we return, and Phayeel may also enjoy the fruits of your labors. Dirfang, come here, let me take a quick look at that cut."

Hmm.. he's hurt, but it's still relatively shallow. A few days of rest and food, and he'll be fine. Heh, I could use the same.

Kilrik reaches into his pocked and produces Mother's Dying Oath, he concentrates but a moment and then feels the direction where Phayeel is. He looks about, surveying the immediate surroundings, trying to get an idea of where she could have gone.

"Warlthuz, can you smell her? Can you track your sister? Find Phayeel."

He leans forward and tries to project his thoughts and emotions into the pup, but fails to establish the necessary connection. I'm far too new to the Path for that command of communication. Tark could do it, but he was nearly legendary in his abilities.

Warlthuz seemed a little confused by the command, and Kilrik was at a loss as to what to do next.

"Llithra, talk to him, tell him what he needs to do."

Kilrik places Mother's Dying Oath in front of Warlthuz to sniff, to lick, to bond and feel.

"Please Warlthuz, please track your sister, not the one who ran away, he is of no consequence, please find your sister."

When Warlthuz moves, Kilrik picks up Mother's Dying Oath, pockets it, and follows Warlthuz and Dirfang.

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 22 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconsciousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma0/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery2/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; 01-21-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
NotAHoneyBadger's Avatar
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger is offline
Mellivora capensis
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-18-2019
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
Posts: 1,602
RespiteThe final ork seems to recognize that he has no chance of escape, that the head-start Kilrik offers is a venomous, spiteful gesture. The reality of his impending death sets in, and Kilrik watches it all occur within the half-starved ork's eyes, furitive, pleading glances back at Kilrik. Rage, sorrow, and terror course through the ork's eyes... but not acceptance. In utter hopelessness, the crossbowman flees, refusing that his own demise could arrive so soon.

Of course, it is all for nothing. The wolves catch up with the limping, stumbling bandit in seconds, drag him to the frosty ground, and rip him to pieces. Horrid screams fill the air once again, only to extinguish as the ork's throat is torn. All that is left is the eerie silence of the mountain.


Warlthuz takes some time to comprehend Kilrik's instructions, but thankfully, he and his brother already seem agitated at Phayeel's absence. Walrthuz manages to pick up a trail rather quickly, leading Kirlik along the cliff's edge, to the northwest.

After a couple of minutes, Kilrik and the pups arrive at a crumbled portion of the cliff, where a piece of the mountain face had dislodged and slid down only half a dozen feet or so. The faint remnants of claw marks can be seen attempting to climb up from the small ledge below, and on this same ledge a small cave is embedded into the cliff face. It reminds Kilrik of a large vole burrow.

Sure enough, Warlthuz and Dirfang both yip impatiently at the ledge and the burrow, and Mother's Dying Oath seems to pull at Kilrik, urging him towards burrow.


It isn't so much of a climb as a gentle drop. The pups are perfectly safe as Kirlik lowers them downward. He himself runs no risk of breaking the ledge, as the mountainside angles outward, away from it in somewhat shallower slope. And should Kilrik need to return, he finds he can grab the ledge above just by standing on his toes.

The burrow is tiny, only just large enough for the ork to squeeze through, although the pups would have little trouble. From within, the faint sound of trickling water can be heard. While the burrow itself is almost certainly animal-made, it must have stumbled into an underground aquifer or stream that strayed near the surface of the mountain. Without crawling inside, however, Kilrik has no way of knowing more.
__________________
On long hiatus.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-31-2019, 10:31 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 3145
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,441
Following the RapscallionKilrik turned to Dirfang and Warlthuz, and dropped his pack at the mouth of the cave.

"Please stay and guard, if anything comes near, howl for me and I will come back as quickly as I can."

He removed a few items from his belt and armor to make the squeeze a little easier, and thanked Jaspree for granting him a slighter build than many other orks have. Broad shoulders would have meant death for Phayeel here.

He pulled the bola from his belt, and wrapped one end around his ankle, and another end around the hanging loops of his empty waterskins.

"Might as well refill the skins while I'm at it..."

Satisfied that he would be able to drag the skins behind him with the cord from the bola, he began to crawl forward, wincing slightly at the pains in his body, and the shock of icy snow falling down into the neckline of his armor. He stops before his shoulders are completely inside the burrow, and reaches into his armor to pull out Mother's Dying Wish "Guide me, Llithra."

I cannot wait to get back down this mountain into the slightly warmer climes, where game is plentiful and the pups will be safe, with full bellies.

Kilrik Loregrin
Damage: 22 Wounds: 3Ork Beastmaster Circle 1
Attribute Step
Dex7Per5
Str6Wil6
Tou6Cha6
Sheet
Defenses
Physical ArmorPA5Mystic ArmorMA3
Wound ThresholdWn#9Physical DefensePDPattern Thread Imbue: Rank 110
Unconsciousness RatingUnc35Mystic DefenseMD7
Death RatingDR42Social DefenseSD8
Field
Karma0/5
Initiative6
Speed12
Recovery2/3
Key Talents
Unarmed Combat9
Claw Shape11
Avoid Blow9
Wild. Survival7
Languages
Throalic
illiterateOr'zet
--
--
Equipment
Small KnifeBody Paints
Fur cloak 
3 water skins 
Equipment
Skills Known
Cara Fahd Oral History7
Creature Lore7
Storytelling9
Thrown Weapons9
Surprise Strike7
Animal Handling7
Skills Known
Talents
Thread Weaving: 7
Animal Bond: 7
Talents
Mother's Oath: Rank 1 Thread to Physical D.
Legend Points to spend: 00
Notes
OOC:Unsure if you wanted any kind of roll.
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB