Game Thread Chapter Three: The Spider's Web - Page 11 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Lost Mines of Phandelver
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old Mar 11th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Noltelix's Avatar
Noltelix Noltelix is offline
Tyrant Lizard King
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 2275
Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix
Posts: 575
Theon
left-aligned image
Theon


The Three Blind Mice, as Theon had come to think of his martially inclined companions, launch a volley of projectiles into the darkness and are summarily rewarded with three distinct thuds as the various missiles hit home. This is followed closely by one rather large thud as the fallen body of an orc lands next to their position. For half a second, the halfling wonders if their their efforts at stealth might yet have legs. And then several of the nine hells break loose at once.

Ohlund throws another axe into the darkness before he calls to Hadarai, “...can you get me to where the orcs are? I’m out of axes!”

The half elf hisses something unnerving before taking Ohlund by the elbow and rushing off into the night. Theon can hear the footsteps receding.

But, more concerning, he can also hear at least one of the orcs begin shouting. The disgusting creature seems rather convinced that there are intruders about.

“Bullocks ta this,” Theon says grimly, withdrawing a torch and lighting it. “If we’re found out, might as well see what we’re fightin. I’ve no wish ta die in tha dark.”

The torch catches a spark and gutters hesitantly to life, casting dramatic shadows on the halfling’s humorless features. He feels strangely serene, given the circumstances. In the distance he can hear more orcs taking up the cry. This figures to get ugly, but he feels about ready for ugly. Let them come, he thinks. If this is the hill I die on, let me at least adorn it with a pile of orcs first.

He looks down with distilled hatred to the broken orc beside him, checking the beast’s face for a specific pattern of red and black warpaint as blood seeps into the ground from multiple wounds. He thrusts his hand into the pooling blood before bringing three dripping fingers to his face and drawing them down from forehead to jaw. The excess he wipes on his shield.

So painted, Theon looks for the most likely path of ascent before stalking purposefully toward whatever grim fate is in store.


OOC

Action: light a torch
Free Interaction: smear some blood
Move: after lighting the torch he will figure out where to move if that's cool

Current AC: 18 (shield and torch equipped)
Current HP: 35/35



Stat Block
 


Character Sheet
 
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 07:24 AM
Aladdin's Avatar
Aladdin Aladdin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 890
Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin
Posts: 437
Nezkan
left-aligned image
Nezkan Karduuth

Nezkan squeezes his eyes shut as the light of Theon’s torch blinds him momentarily and amidst the chaos of noise and shouts he feels a moment of pause as the light shines bright in the darkness.

As he opens his eyes again he sees clearly in front of him the body of a dead orc, mangled and ruined. He moves to follow Theon, covered in blood and running ahead of him. Nezkan pauses for a moment to grab his javelin from the body of the dead orc and sees the other shadowy form above him, outlined in orange torchlight.

Nezkan hears more voices shout, further up the cliff, the tell tale barks of the orc tongue. He shouts out as loud as he can, ”Ther’ukh ushtar ro avhem!” his throat scratching from the hard guttural sound. He doesn’t pause and pulls back his javelin, aiming at the orc in the brush above. He throws the weapon with all the force he can muster, the javelin lances through the air and with a sickening wet crack embeds itself into the meaty, grey shoulder of the orc.


OOC

Attack on the orc above Nezkan:
Dice Javelin:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21

Dice Damage:
1d6+5 (4)+5 Total = 9

Stat Block
 

Character Sheet
 

Last edited by Aladdin; Mar 12th, 2019 at 07:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 13th, 2023
RPXP: 12757
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,279
Shaeria
left-aligned image
Shaeria

As the orc they had attacked fled, Shaeria gave chase. Her mouth opened to vocalize a wordless accompaniment to the sound of her blade, giving her dance a new depth of melody. As she did so, her form became wavy, indistinct, shifting and wavering as if seen through the surface of water that had been recently disturbed. This illusion would make her a difficult target indeed, though she readied another shield spell should some lucky orc find his mark. For now, she hoped to draw the attention of the orcs above and buy her allies time to re-position and begin their counterattack.




OOC
Standard:Cast Blur on self: All attack rolls against me suffer from disadvantage for 1 minute.
Move: Follow Orc 3 up the stairs
Reaction: Shield if hit, raising AC to 23
Current Effects: Bladesong (18 AC), Blur (creatures suffer disadvantage on attack rolls against her)


Stat Block
 

Character Sheet
 

Last edited by Elwen; Mar 12th, 2019 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 01:06 PM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2024
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,387
Leomenor "Leo" Insil
right-aligned image


Vrak felt very exposed and quickly remedies the situation. With a silent "poof" heard only in the mind's ear, the raven vanished. There was a brief sound of wings flapping and then nothing as the raven glided away.

Meanwhile, Leo was using his archer's training to scurry up the stairs with as much cover as he could manage. There was an odd blurred shape that looked a bit like Shaeria engaged with the orc, and Leo took full advantage of the orc's distraction. With a push of will, he cursed the poor creature, and then he leveled his crossbow and released a eldritch bolt. A lucky strike slammed the orc in the face, necrotic energy playing at the strike, and the orc's head ripped clean off his neck. The orc's body followed the head, and arterial blood sprayed back against the cliff 20' behind it before pulsating into a puddle on the ground where the head should have been.

"Wheoo," Vrak whistled into Leo's mind. "Didn't know you could do that."

"Neither did I," Leo silently replied.



OOC
Init: 10
Vrak Init: 8
Concentration: Hex

Really want to attack Orc 4, but I don't think I can see him. Oh well.

Vrak Action: Turn Invisible
Vrak Move: 40' (shown on map. What's up there?)
Leo Move: just enough to get the shot
Bonus Action: Cast Hex on Orc (Dis Adv WIS checks)
Leo Action: Attack Orc 3 ( Nat 20, 14 pts Force damage, 6pts Necrotic damage)
Leo Move: to where shown (30')


Rolls


STATS
 

Character Sheet
 
__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 49426
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,697
Wyvern Tor: (10:40PM) 4 Kythorn
right-aligned image
The battle begins. Theon, realizing that the time for stealth has passed, lights a torch and illuminates the lower level of Wyvern Tor. The flickering flame washes over the grotesque corpse of the fallen orc and the halfing stands motionless, his mind flashing back to the brutal deaths of his beloved family… their shambling corpses… the war paint. Theon searches the face of the orc for the tell tale red and black warpaint worn by the orcs that day… but he finds none.

It matters not in this moment though and Theon dips his small hand into the orc’s fast cooling blood and streaks it across his face. It was time for orcs to die.

Nezkan follows Theon towards the stairs leading up to the next level of the Tor but before doing so he grabs the javelin from the fallen orc’s corpse. Using his knowledge of the guttural orc language, the dragonborn, yelling, tries his hand at deception, ”Ther’ukh ushtar ro avhem!” Vrak, flapping out of harm’s way above, can see the Orcs quickly respond to the shouted warning, two particularly brawny specimens taking off running down a path leading away from the summit.

Nezkan of course has no idea how well his deception has played and he follows one success with another, taking his recovered javelin and sending it sailing into the orc still above, striking him through the clavicle and puncturing his jugular. The orc drops to the ground choking to death on its own blood.

Shaeria leads the charge of the advance group, pursuing the retreating orc sentry. Smartly, she casts a defensive spell upon herself, seeing more approaching orcs in the distance. Leo sprints behind the Moon elf and seeing an opening, sends a blast of eldritch energy amplified by the shadow realm ripping into the orc’s head, severing it clean. The fast approaching orc watches the beheading of his tribe member and roars in defiance as yet another orc rushes down to face the group. From somewhere in the distance a deep bellowing rumble of anger reaches everyone’s ears.



OocTime: 10:41pm: Ohlund, Haderai, and Vierna are up.
Ongoing effects:
Pass without a trace (Vierna) - Concentration (Complete at 11:30PM)
Bladesong (Shaeria)- AC 18 (2/10), Blur (1/10)



Battle Chart
Init Character AC HP Saves/conditions/effects
20 Ohlund 18 36/36  
18 Hadarai 12 24/24 
17 Vierna 17 18/18
16 Orc 1 13 Dead STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 2 13 Dead STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 3 13 Dead STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 4 13 14/14 STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 5 13 11/11 STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
10 Leomenor 17 22/27  
10 Theon 18 35/35
7 Nezkan 18 25/25
8 Shaeria 15 12/12  
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 04:20 PM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2024
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,387
Leomenor "Leo" Insil
right-aligned image


"Well, he's a big one. Ogre inbound."

"Ogre coming," Leo relays to the team.


OOC
Init: 10
Vrak Init: 8
Concentration: Hex




STATS
 

Character Sheet
 
__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake

Last edited by fuerdrake; Mar 14th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Maladict's Avatar
Maladict Maladict is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 5th, 2022
RPXP: 5072
Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict Maladict
Posts: 739
Hadarai Deorla
left-aligned image
Sword held ready in his right hand, and his left hand flexing in preperation for spell-casting, Hadarai darts nimbly up the rough stone steps. He eases past Vierna with a murmured "On your right," and rapidly assesses the situation. The nearest foes are dead, but there are doubtless more coming. His suspicion is confirmed by Leo's ogre warning. Well, of course. We couldn't have a second fight in a row against just mooks, even skilled ones, there had to be something a bit different to spice things up.

Unwilling to move further forward and reveal himself, Hadarai opts instead to let the enemy come to him. He gathers barely-visible psychic energy around his left hand, ready to be unleashed on the first foe he sees.

Hadarai Battle ActionsMovement: On map
Free action: none
Action: Ready Dissonant Whispers to cast on first enemy that appears (prioritising the Ogre if it's a tie). Target needs to make a Wisdom save (DC 13).
On a failure it takes a paltry 6 psychic damage and must use its reaction to run away from scary little me.
On a success it takes an even more paltry 3 psychic damage and doesn't have to run. Though it can if it wants, I don't mind.
Dice Dissonant Whispers damage:
3d6 2, 2, 2 Total = 6

Bonus action: none
Reaction: none
Applicable skills to your turn: none

Last edited by Maladict; Mar 15th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 08:24 PM
OldSchool's Avatar
OldSchool OldSchool is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 10061
OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool OldSchool
Posts: 1,682
Ohlund
left-aligned image

Trailing closely behind Hadarai, Ohlund manages to stub his toes and thoroughly tread upon the half-elf's heels; he will not be remembered for his grace in any bardic tales, of that Hadarai is certain.

Just as Ohlund is about to drop his pack and search for a torch, a warm light crackles into existence behind him. Outlined by fire and marked with blood, Theon does his best to level the battlefield, giving the fighter types some much needed light.

Without a moment's hesitation, Ohlund claps Hadarai on the shoulder and surges forward, drawing Talon as he begins his ascent. The blade catches the the torchlight and seems to run with faint blue flames as it once again prepares to battle it's most ancient foes. Ohlund quickly spots Vierna, passing the dark elf on the natural stone stairs as he moves to support Shaeria, who he can just barely see in the flickering torch light.

OOC
Action: Dash
Free interaction: Draw Talon


Stat Block
 


Character Sheet
 

Last edited by OldSchool; Mar 15th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Disaster Master's Avatar
Disaster Master Disaster Master is offline
Natural 20 ;)
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2024
RPXP: 19114
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Posts: 5,802
Vierna
left-aligned image
Vierna Vandree
An ogre! That had been Leodir's warning. Vierna didn't want to fight against an ogre, at least not in melee. She imagined that blows dealt by a such a creature were quite painful. Some of her comrades were rushing past her towards were more orcs were. Almost inperceptible, the drow shook her head. Why running towards them when they foes would come to them voluntarily? Better to use the time to be prepared. And being prepared meant for Vierna meant to be hidden so that no orc or ogre would easily find and attack her.

Thus, the priestess decided to hide in the bush that was right next to the stairs so that she could surprise their opponents when they came.

While she didn't like fighting an ogre personally, she didn't mind if any of her underlings would fight and dispatch it for her, quite the contrary. And she had the power to help them with their task. On her way into her hiding place, she stopped briefly in the middle between Ohlund on the one side and Theon and Nezkan on the other side. She clenched her spider-shaped amulet and sent a quick prayer to her chaotic goddess.

Immediately, the three fighters could feel the disturbing demonic presence of Lolth's power propelling them.
OOCAction: Bless on Theon, Nezkan, and Ohlund.
Move: To hiding place (see map).
Stat Block
 
Character Sheet
 
__________________
Playing: Maja human mystic Anathema sun elven bladesinger Cassandra aasimar redeemer Carl Friedrich Wilhelm politician Tatyana kitsune sorceress
DMing: Age of Worms (v.3.5) Out of the Abyss (5e) Taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 49426
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,697
Wyvern Tor: (10:40PM) 4 Kythorn
right-aligned image
The two groups of combatants rush towards each other, one side cautiously, looking to turn the battle in their favor. The other, rash, driven purely by anger and aggression.

The orcs barrel forward, throwing caution to the wind. Their terrifying howls carry on the wind that swirls about the summit of the Tor and they raise their weapons as they bear down on Shaeria and Ohlund. At that moment, Hadarai whispers a dissonant harmony that floats on the wind and into the ear of the orc threatening Ohlund. The orc stops its attack, pulling up the swing of its battle axe as it grabs at its head, wracked by an invisible agonizing pain. The orc stumbles away from the human warrior, desperate to escape as blood streams from its ear.

The second orc sidesteps its retreating kin and slashes its huge great axe at the tiny moon elf. Shaeria has been caught completely by surprise by the unbelievable speed and ferocity of the orc's attack, and the great axe comes down directly upon her brow... until it is unexpectedly turned away by a flash of blue arcane energy. The diverted attack causes the Orc to stumble past the bladesinger, a curious harmonic melody ringing in the orc's ear.

The Ogre, easily ten feet tall, is now in clear view as he rumbles forward, screaming threats as he easily swings a massive maul through the air.



OocTime: 10:41pm: Ohlund gets an opportunity attack on Orc 7. Shield saves Shaeria! The ogre is on the way! Leo, Theon, Nezkan, Shaeria are up.
Ongoing effects:
Bladesong (Shaeria)- AC 18 (2/10), Blur (1/10)
target makes an attack roll or a saving throw, it can add a 1d4 to it.Bless (Ohlund, Theon, and Nezkan) (1/10)
[/I]

Battle Chart
Init Character AC HP Saves/conditions/effects
20 Ohlund 18 36/36  
18 Hadarai 12 24/24 
17 Vierna 17 18/18
16 Orc 4 13 14/14 STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 7 13 9/15 STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Ogre 11 59/59 STR 19 (+4) DEX 8 (-1) CON 16 (+3) INT 5 (-3) WIS 7 (-2) CHA 7 (-2)
10 Leomenor 17 22/27  
10 Theon 18 35/35
7 Nezkan 18 25/25
8 Shaeria 15 17/17  
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Mar 17th, 2019 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 13th, 2023
RPXP: 12757
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,279
Shaeria
left-aligned image
Shaeria

As the flash of blue light faded, Shaeria's hummed song picked up in crescendo and her blurry form danced nimbly to the unprotected flank of the blinking orc. Before he could recover from his shock, her slender blade pierced his exposed neck, sending a shower of brackish blood into his ally. As the tempo of her Song increased, the blade erupted into green flames, scalding the surviving orc before he could react to his comrade's death. Her empty left hand flickered with blue light, another shielding spell ready for the inevitable confrontation with the ogre. Her insubstantial, blurred form continued its deadly waltz, swaying left and right to the rhythm of her bladesong.



OOC
Standard:Cast Greenflame Blade, attack Orc 7:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
Dice Roll:
1d8+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
piercing damage on hit and 3 fire damage to orc 4.
Extra damage from critical hit:
Dice Roll:
1d8 6

Move: Stay put
Reaction: Shield if hit, raising AC to 23
Current Effects: Bladesong (18 AC), +10 speed, +3 bonus to concentration saving throws, advantage on Acrobatics checks
Concentration: Blur (creatures suffer disadvantage on attack rolls against her)


Stat Block
 

Character Sheet
 

Last edited by Elwen; Mar 17th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old Mar 17th, 2019, 05:00 PM
Aladdin's Avatar
Aladdin Aladdin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 890
Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin Aladdin
Posts: 437
Nezkan
left-aligned image
Nezkan Karduuth

Nezkan grunts, satisfied by his javelins aim, as the body of another orc falls. He glances around and see Ohlund and Hadarai disappear up the path, whilst grunts and roars from above. He frowns and looks at Theon, then looks up the cliff face. He grunts then steps forward and begins to scramble up the cliff. The rocky outcrops provide enough handholds and Nezkan makes quick progress climbing up, grunting with the effort.

He heaves himself over the edge and leaps up onto his feet, drawing his sword and shield. The dim orange glow from Theon’s torch barely reaches up here and Nezkan’s eyes narrow as he sees Shaeria fending off an Orc’s attacks. But it is to Nezkan’s left, that his attention is drawn. Thundering steps ring out and a deep grumbling bellows out. A huge, towering mass of knitted muscle and flesh holding a huge club stood fifteen feet away. The monster was at least 9 feet tall and almost half as wide. It’s ugly, bald face glowers angrily and a noise, like grating stones escapes it’s throat. Nezkan’s eyes narrow and he roars angrily at the monster, challenging the beast.


OOC


Stat Block
 

Character Sheet
 
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 09:34 AM
Noltelix's Avatar
Noltelix Noltelix is offline
Tyrant Lizard King
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 2275
Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix Noltelix
Posts: 575
Theon
left-aligned image
Theon


Theon’s torch blazes to life and he see the closest of his allies react like cockroaches, immediately scattering out of the light. The bemused halfling is left with the company of rocks and bushes while the sounds of more orcs approach from above. He looks up to see a pair of scaled bronze ankles disappearing over the lip of the ridge and briefly considers making the ascent himself but decides that climbing while holding a torch sounds like a bit more than he is prepared to attempt.

Instead he hurries after the rest of the party, bringing the torchlight to bear upon them once more. As he passes Vierna he feels as much as hears a familiar set of whispered words that are sticky and discomforting as they dance along his spine and settle at the base of his neck. His first instinct is to reject the Drow’s “gift,” recognizing the blessing of Lloth that she has on occasion deigned to bestow upon them.

He snaps his head around angrily. Hadn’t he told her no more? he thinks as he jogs past, shooting the dark elf a venomous look. Well, perhaps just this once. From the sound of things ahead they would likely need the assistance and the guttural howling of the ogre moderates his revulsion somewhat. He acquiesces and allows the spell to settle upon him without further struggle, forgetting about it almost as soon as he does so and turning his attention forward.

He sees Shaeria dispatch one orc at the edge of the torchlight while Nezkan squares off against the ogre. Strangely, though, the giant brute scarcely registers as important while the the orc seems to emanate a perceptible aura of menace. The piqued halfling finds his attention almost singularly fixated on his green skinned nemesis while a familiar tinge of red in the periphery makes inroads toward the center of his vision.

At some point, the torch leaves his grasp, though whether he absently drops it onto the rocky ground, or a companion takes it from his hand he could not say. The details of his divestiture hardly seem relevant as he finds himself running at the orc headlong, free hand reaching for his sword.


OOC

Theon will move up the steps and either hand off the torch - if someone who doesn’t plan on being in melee wants to take it from him that might be helpful (he certainly won’t fight the attempt) - or toss it on the ground if nobody obliges.

Move: 25 ft to the steps
Action: Dash
Free Interaction: drop or hand off torch

Current AC: 18 (shield and empty hand equipped)
Current HP: 35/35



Stat Block
 


Character Sheet
 

Last edited by Noltelix; Mar 18th, 2019 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 03:41 PM
fuerdrake's Avatar
fuerdrake fuerdrake is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2024
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Posts: 4,387
Leomenor "Leo" Insil
right-aligned image


"You couldn't see him sooner?" Leo silently asked over his telepathic link
"He was in some cave or something, so no," the raven replied impatiently. "Now shut up while I try to concentrate."

It was also time for Leo to concentrate on his shoot. A quick effort of will transferred his hex to the new opponent, and he made for the steps, just enough to get a clear shot with his crossbow. Leveling the supposedly arcane artifact, he made his gesture on its side and unleashed cursed blast of force at the large ogre. The beast grunted at the impact and life curdling curse, but it still stood. Of course it still stood.


OOC
Init: 10
Vrak Init: 8
Concentration: Hex on Ogre (Dis Adv WIS checks)

Vrak Action: Stealth Scout (Clearly Vrak was distracted: 11, but he is invisible)
Vrak Move: Up off the map? Maybe to the cave thing Begon mentioned in a private post

Leo Move: up on the stairs enough to get a shot at the ogre
Bonus Action: Move Hex to Ogre (Dis Adv WIS checks)
Leo Action: Attack Ogre (hit AC 21 for 5 Force + 6 Necrotic (11 total)



Rolls


STATS
 

Character Sheet
 
__________________
- - - - Fuerdrake
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old Mar 19th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is offline
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 49426
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,697
Wyvern Tor: (10:40PM) 4 Kythorn
right-aligned image

The two opposing sides come together in an epic battle for survival on the summit of Wyvern Tor. Shaeria, shocked into brutal action by the near miss of the orc’s attack, defty slips her thin rapier’s blade into the thick muscled neck of her attacker. As that orc fell, dead to the ground, a ghostly green flame leapt from the falling orc and burnt deeply into the flesh of it companion, causing it to howl in pain.

As Shaeria holds the frontline, Nezkan and Theon rush forward to join the fray. The dragonborn, unencumbered, scrambles up the rocky cliff face, grabbing vines and roots for handholds. Reaching the top and pulling himself over the edge, Nezkhan sees just feet away, the snarling visage of an overwhelming beast of an ogre, towering over everyone else on the field. Rather than succumb to the understandable fear one would have, seeing such a terrifying presence, the bronze dragonborn bellows a challenge that is instantly returned in kind.

Theon rushes up the rough stone steps, turns the corner and sees the same terrible Ogre, but he is utterly unimpressed. The halfling’s focus is fixed solely on the remaining orc. Leo watches as Theon rushes past and again sends a sizzling blast of eldritch energy sailing into the fray. The bolt of energy slams into the rock hard hide of the massive ogre and the beast grunts in annoyance at the unseen attack, its eyes locked on the dragonman.


OocTime: 10:41pm: Ohlund, Hadarai, and Vierna are up.
Ongoing effects:
Bladesong (Shaeria)- AC 18 (3/10), Blur (2/10)
target makes an attack roll or a saving throw, it can add a 1d4 to it.Bless (Ohlund, Theon, and Nezkan) (1/10)
Ogre: (Disadvantage on Wis checks)


Battle Chart
Init Character AC HP Saves/conditions/effects
20 Ohlund 18 36/36  
18 Hadarai 12 24/24 
17 Vierna 17 18/18
16 Orc 4 13 10/14 STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Orc 7 13 Dead STR 16 (+3) DEX 12 (+1) CON 16 (+3) INT 12 (+1) WIS 11 (0) CHA 10 (0)
16 Ogre 11 48/59 STR 19 (+4) DEX 8 (-1) CON 16 (+3) INT 5 (-3) WIS 7 (-2) CHA 7 (-2)
10 Leomenor 17 22/27  
10 Theon 18 35/35
7 Nezkan 18 25/25
8 Shaeria 15 17/17  
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Mar 19th, 2019 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:44 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB