RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:09 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 12391
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,201
Raven
left-aligned image
They were going to die for this, Raven was almost positive, people had died and there was little or no way to refute that in any meaningful way. Sure he had tried to save as many as she could after she had finished trying to save her own life from being attacked, but some had still died and their deaths would outweigh the healing, of that she was sure for how could it be any different. She couldn't think of a valid argument yet but was trying to think about what angles might at least mitigate things, while fervently hoping one of her companions would come up with some argument that might actually work in their favor.

"I can't think of any witnesses off hand to call, much of the events were a blur, and being not of these place there are few enough that would know of me or could speak on my behalf. What came to our aid that night when Count Luris sought to imprison us for being the victim of an attack was unknown to me in any fashion, I did not call for it, ask for it or thank it for what it did. When it was done with its foul deed it spared us for some reason that I do not know, and I left knowing that those like Count Luris would care note what I said about it." Raven slumped a little. "Truly this place has brought us no answers and nothing but pain, and I can't help but think Alymora knew this was coming for us when she flipped that second harrow card, that of the prisoner. Its seems particularly fitting at the moment..."


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:57 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 15648
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 4,516
EphramAlexis' comment brings a huff of breath from him as he stalks suddenly away from the bars and toward the back of the cell. The solid thump of something hitting stone follows, then the slow pad of footfalls back to the front of the cell. Alexis was like that, too loyal to know when to draw the line. Admirable, maybe, but not to his mind in this situation. He doesn't respond to it, though, as their different views on the issue aren't the point of this conversation and they'll be plenty of time to debate it on the way to the headsman.

"Nobody here is fool enough to believe that this trial is going to go any way but the way Judas wants." He leans heavier into the bars and crosses his arms through them, hand held over other hand. The bars are cold against his forehead as he lets his eyes snap closed. His jaw tightens as he restrains comment regarding where the man can stick his narrative. "I will tell them the same story, the truth as I know it. I'll not adjust the facts to suit my goal, freedom or no." Hadlin's voice is in his head at the moment, urging restraint and cautioning against redirecting anger.

"Not that we don't appreciate your effort. You're just here doing your job, I get that." Opening his eyes again, he levels them on Valeth and opens his hands, fingers splayed. There is more of a detachment to his words now, a calm that comes from resignation. "So, there has been a lot thrown at us the last few days. Boil it down for me, what are we looking at in terms of consequence?"
__________________
Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 04-15-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-17-2019, 03:19 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,528
left-aligned image
Brooding and Boiling, Rawncer hides in a dark corner of his cell, slumped down and tormented. Much talk back and forth has gone on between his inmates and this assigned attorney. Ephram makes accurate remarks; the likeliness that this will go anyway accept into Judis' hands-- is bleak. It almost sounds like a setup actually! Kallev, Alexis, Raven, and Ephram were thrown into a situation with little recourse, and some unfortunate events unfolded with the deaths of some innocent bystanders.

Jonathan still holds to his word... This group is innocent.

He is a lawful man, but lawful in alignment to natural and humane conduct, decency to all individuals, and not lawful to the societal edicts of Dementileau. Heavens No! Jonathan hates Dementileau! The Queen and her henchmen, the laws of the land are all conditional and unjust. The Mordenheim Mandates come into question a few times around Dr. Aurelius and his companion, Yana. Golems are strictly outlawed throughout the land, but for what purpose? Yes, constructs are created by 'unnatural' means, but the spark of life, the love inside of the creation, is the center, the core of its morality, and thus should be judged on its own actions and contributions. Yana fought valiantly at our sides, and her love and cooperation for her master, Aurelius, was obviously apparent. Yana, though a golem, is a good being, and should not be judged solely based on her heritage. Jonathan chuckles; he has seen murderous men, given free rein and let loose, to which they have taken advantage and performed heinous acts, while delightful, conjured servants get little acceptance. --Sheer societal double-standards and blatant hypocrisy.

We are all constructs in the end. We are all creations of a higher power. Whom gives us the right to judge others before their merits are witnessed? No one...

Jonathan further mulls over decisions to remain sided with this team.

...He finally decides that he will remain stalwart and vigilant in the defense of these noble and possibly Framed individuals. He values his own perceptions over the opinions and laws of others, for the team have already proven themselves in his eyes. Yana is a noble being as well, and will not be denied her rights and liberties, solely on the basis of her being an artificial life. Yana has proven herself-- enough said. That is all.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 04-17-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-19-2019, 10:07 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis
"Judas-Plant spoke the same. Law exists against strong-tyranny. Stupid self-lie. What is law without strong-tyranny to enforce the rules? What are word-laws but thing that let's strong-tyranny exert power? Alexis is not bothered by this. Alexis wants to know if Bar-Man understands this simple point, or else Alexis may make a mess of things."
"While I believe I understand your point, I disagree with your characterization. There is no truth more fundamental than the fact that law, any law, cannot exist without retribution. And retribution, by its very nature, must have power over those it governs lest it serves no purpose." Valeth says calmly to Alexis assertion of the tyranny of law. "Our laws exists to guide that power by objectivity, morality and reason... by rules. Perhaps that is a tyranny of sorts, but in my opinion much preferred to one governed simply by the whims of brute strength or passion."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
Pre meditated? No way, it was spontaneous based upon his actions against me. It just tuned out... bad . . .
"Lady Littleton, the determination of premeditation only requires that you deliberately took actions knowing it would result in the death of the individual in question. Along with your intention to kill the individual constitutes the charge of murder in the first degree." Valeth says objectively to Kallev's statement. "This will be what the court will try to establish through testimony and at trial, both for Count Luris and the people butchered that day in Hofstra."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
"I can't think of any witnesses off hand to call, much of the events were a blur, and being not of these place there are few enough that would know of me or could speak on my behalf. What came to our aid that night when Count Luris sought to imprison us for being the victim of an attack was unknown to me in any fashion, I did not call for it, ask for it or thank it for what it did. When it was done with its foul deed it spared us for some reason that I do not know, and I left knowing that those like Count Luris would care note what I said about it."
"If this be the truth Ms. Raven, then let it be heard. I can only recount what has been recorded in testimony and by accounts, which states that a creature was summoned by Lady Littleton to murder Count Luris and then said creature slaughtered and decapitated brutally all that were on the streets of Hofstra with you that day. The fact that it left you, Lady Littleton, and your party relatively unharmed paints a very incriminating picture." Valeth says honestly at Raven's account as he paints what the prosecution and the tribunal will see. "I can only counsel that the prosecution's course for you and your other companions will be to find out firstly, if you knew that the creature was summoned by Lady Littleton and then with that knowledge and of what the creature did still chose to remain by her side to support and aid her."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
"Nobody here is fool enough to believe that this trial is going to go any way but the way Judas wants." He leans heavier into the bars and crosses his arms through them, hand held over other hand. The bars are cold against his forehead as he lets his eyes snap closed. His jaw tightens as he restrains comment regarding where the man can stick his narrative. "I will tell them the same story, the truth as I know it. I'll not adjust the facts to suit my goal, freedom or no."
"Then that is the best we can do and with all of the truth and evidence known judgment... proper... judgment can be made. And I can tell you judgment and justice in accordance with our laws is all that Count Luris desires."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram
"Not that we don't appreciate your effort. You're just here doing your job, I get that." Opening his eyes again, he levels them on Valeth and opens his hands, fingers splayed. There is more of a detachment to his words now, a calm that comes from resignation. "So, there has been a lot thrown at us the last few days. Boil it down for me, what are we looking at in terms of consequence?"
"Because of the individual nature of the crimes and the establishment of relationships in relation to the timeline of the Massacre of Hofstra, such Mr. Ranwcer and Doctor Alymer, it is difficult to provide a collective assessment, but punishments for the charges range from execution to life imprisonment to rehabilitation. Regardless the punishment will likely be tailored to fit the crime of which you are found guilty." Valeth says before pausing to add his last comment. "Of course, I know that it is difficult to believe or trust, but Count Luris has commissioned me under oath to represent and counsel you to the absolute best of my ability so that in the end the truth is laid bare for the tribunal. So please ask of me what you will and I will do my best to see it done in preparation for your trial."

OODM OODM: Just to let you know, the Zone of Truth is not active now, it is only during the actual tribunal. The effect of swearing of the oath on the book of Law is the voluntary forfeiting of the associated saving throw for the Zone of Truth. Let me know if there are any questions and great work by the team... the narrative that is developing is... interesting. I can't wait to see how it pans out! Onward!

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 04-19-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 12391
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,201
Raven
left-aligned image
Raven didn't have anything further to contribute at this point, the facts were relatively dry and damning to say the least for there was no arguing that she was in the area when Kallev somehow triggered or summoned the beast and she indeed left with her after the event. Whether they were fighting with the Black Wolves which triggered the fire, which in turn caused Count Luris to confront Kellev and brought about the horseman, appeared to be immaterial in these matters. What could Raven possibly offer to the tribunal that would change any of that for she was not of this plane and every day was somebody for the most part trying to kill her, and the safest she had been was locked in this cell. What I wouldn't give for a little guidance...

"Thank you for your insights Valeth, I don't see how any this can end well for any of us given what you had said, so there is little enough more you can really do for me. If you have suggestions or ideas they are welcome but I am as ready as I shall ever be."


 
__________________
Posting Status: trying to survive in outplay, bear with me :)
Life Update - July 3rd: Canada Day Celebrations complete back to my games.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-25-2019, 10:38 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,043
Aurelius Bereft, Bemused, but BefuddledWere the good doctor more focused on the present or less heavily weighed by his thoughts, he might lend a greater defense for law & order or comment on the dubious mingling of premeditated and intentional. But he is not. Half lost in his own thoughts about the barrister's counsels from earlier (& a peculiar frown for a certain broached punishment), Aurelius hardly noticed the discussions of the group until Valeth seemed to wrap things up.

Cocking his head up from his cell, he finally notices the shift in the room and catches the tail end. Shaking his head, Aurelius says, "For myself, you have been quite thorough, Mr. Richeleau. I have only my own thoughts needed for further preparation."
 
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-10-2019, 12:38 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
"Very well then." Valeth says finally as he looks over to each of the companions and relented that no more would be forthcoming. "I shall prepare the administrative work needed for your trials... I will ensure that there are no mishaps in that regards that will detract from your trials. Should you require my service at any time during the period between now and the time of the trial, simply ask the guards for your legal counsel and I will be summoned immediately. One of the provisions of the laws and first questions that shall be asked of you is if you were at any time denied a request for legal counsel, so do not be discouraged in calling for me."

Time passes for the group who in part are left to themselves and the coming of the meals the only indication of the passage of time during their confinement. The group is permitted to communicate with one another, though they risked those conversations being overheard by their unseen guards. So regardless, if the meals were an indication, four days pass for the companions in their cells and with the exception of the provision of meals, the companions were left to their own thoughts or words with one another as they contemplated all that Valeth had relayed to them. If the companions asked for him, regardless of the time or frequency, the stoic and patient barrister would show up to provide whatever advice or counsel he can. In many ways there was a genuineness in his obstinate dedication to assisting them. It was then at the end of breakfast on the fourth day, that host of inquisitors, led by Count Luris himself arrived as their meal trays were taken away. Standing with them was also Valeth Richleau.

"I trust that Barrister Richleau was of utmost service to you." Judas said flatly as he motioned to the barrister, who merely acknowledge with a shifting of his immaculate spectacles. "You still retain the right to seek counsel and ask questions with Barrister Richleau all the way up until the point that you are administered the oath and step into court. The only thing that you will not be provided now is protected privacy as from this point all conversations witnessed will be admissible in court."

The inquisitors then proceed to each of the companions and places a metallic sphere in each of their hands, each one the size of a tennis ball. After each were in each hand, the sphere seem to flow like liquid and then formed over each of their hands. It was an oddly warm sensation and while outwardly it looked like their hands were encased in solid metal, but each of them could still move their hands and fingers in a limited way. It was like they had their hands encased in soft clay. A soft glow of magic clearly showed the nature of the shackles. The companions were then lead down through the three levels of the prison that they were held in and led out into a waiting covered wagon similar to the one that had been used to transport them to Dementileau, but this time large enough to fit the entire party in it. It was not a long ride, but all around them, the party could see and hear the roar of the throngs of people surrounding the wagon as they chanted for justice or yelled in outrage against the Butchers of Hofstra. Other simply gasped as they laid eyes on Kallev's mark and made gestures to ward off the Evil Eye, but none could turn away from the spectacle. Luris looked around in tacit disgust at the spectacle that this trial was made into, but held stoically to his course. Despite their fervor and curiosity, the crowd gave Luris and his vanguard of Inquisitors, a wide berth as they passed with the wagon they accompanied. Minutes that the ride took seemed much longer as the roar of the people continued to buffet them and those unused to such things found themselves near deafened. Those who had experienced the sounds of war or the roar of a Coliseum were accustomed to such things. Several minutes passed until the wagon stopped gradually and the back of the wagon was opened and the companions were led out into a marbled area... and area they would come to know as the place of the tribunal.


The companions came to a long octagonal shaped room with a single pedestal in the center of it. They would come to know that the pedestal in the center was for the current accused being judged would stand for their questioning. Luris bowed respectfully to a man dressed in black robes, the High Inquisitor who would oversee the trial. Flanking the High Inquistor were rows of red robe clad Inquisitors. Behind the Royal Inquisitors were rows of seats with what appeared to be members of the nobility... to represent the people in this tribunal. They were all seated until a signal was made and they all stood in respect as the arrival of Queen Jacqueline Renier was announced. Queen Renier cut a regal and very beautiful figure, despite looking like she was only a few more winters older than Kallev. She was impeccably dressed in an ivory gown and her only jewelry was the thin circlet that she wore that signified her as the Queen of Dementileau. Still what stood out about Queen Renier were her piercing blue eyes that conveyed clearly the intellect and the power of their owner.

"My Queen, as your appointed High Inquisitor, I ask for your permission to convene this tribunal." The High Inquisitor asked ceremoniously to the young Queen. Queen Renier merely nodded her approval as she took her seat above the High Inquisitor's podium flanked by her Royal Guard and a few of her courtiers. "The Queen has given her approval to convene this Tribunal. So with the power vested in me as High Inquisitor, I call this tribunal to order. Bring forth the accused for the oath."

One of the armed Inquisitors brought forth a ceremonial book of the Law of Dementileau and presents it to each of the companions. He instructs them to place their hand on the book and swear an oath to tell the truth. After providing an opportunity to each of the companions, the Inquisitor returns to his position as the first of the accused... Kallev is called to the pedestal first.

OODM OODM: Okay the Zone of Truth is now active for those on the floor. The effect placing the hand on the book and swearing the oath is the voluntary forfeiting of the saving throw for the Zone of Truth. Refusal to do so is permitted, but it will reflect poorly on the individual's case and it still means that they must roll a saving throw as they are affected each round spent in the Zone of Truth. Also, though in this post, I put Kallev first on the pedestal, I will run concurrently the others in the next post as their own fieldsets. You are permitted to provide comments/post in your reply to fieldsets other than your own (kind of like the guys that always comment on the sides during a DBZ fight...). Also feel free to explore or provide any details you would like to share during the transition period. Onward!

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-10-2019, 12:42 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
Kallev LittletonKallev glanced about at the people as the wagon carried them to the tribunal. She couldn't help but feel sad for all of them. It was never her desire to hurt them. Inside she was crying, but outside she looked determined. She had to be strong now and accept her mistakes. There was no time for remorse, things had gotten so bad, she couldn't even help her companions.

Glancing down in sorrow she addresses her friends. I'm sorry to have caused all this and unable to return the favor all the times you saved me. If I never ran away from home. If I never hired you all. If I would have just surrendered to their rules and laws instead of fighting for what I believed was right... If... If... she gave a small sniffle. there's so many if's...

I guess what im trying to say is, thank you for saving me, supporting and believing in me. I am sorry to have failed you...
she says as a tear runs down her cheek, she quickly tries to swipe it away as if it was nothing as she keeps her determined look.

As they approached the zone and book, Kallev waved her hand. I am Kallev Littleton and will not be subject to magic forced upon ones self to act or speak in a certain way when those who are accusing are not subject to the same and in my case she wont allow the magics to work, but have no intention of lying either, so no need to roll. Unless you demand it lol here's one just in case...
Dice sr14:
d20+20sch14 (15)+20 Total = 35
suppose the CL20 can fail on a 1 lol...
Dice will:
d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15
not needed.
she comments as she steps forward to be called.

She then looks up at the tribunal, I am aware of all the charges against me, and not here to dispute them. Go ahead and rule me guilty on all accounts. Even throw in all the families of mice and other creatures that were caught up in the accident. Everyone here knows I deserve it.

Regardless of verdict, it will not change what was done and all that is needed for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing. I am here because I did something.

There was a chance to put a stop the fire before it spread, but one person we know as Count Judas ran away from the chance to aid his people to report the violation of law as he is required to do by law. But I suppose you can blame his actions on me as well.

In any case, I will say this...

For all those people that were affected by what happened. I am truly sorry. No amount of words or remorse can ever change what was done.

My arrogance and irresponsibility was mainly due to my she is still young and not even 18 yet.. the mistakes we make as a teenager...adolescence and upbringing. Although I have learned much over these past few months, I am afraid that teaching came with a cost. If I would have known then what I know now, none of this would ever happen.

Even so, I humbly ask the tribunal to be lenient on those who accompanied me. As they were under my command and I am responsible for their actions. Including Count Judas who aided and embedded, accompanied and bore witness.

__________________
New Job/Transitioning is still taking up some my time right now. But is beginning to lighten up a bit. Feel free to NPC my characters if needed.

Last edited by kaylara; 05-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-17-2019, 06:04 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,528
some flavor…
left-aligned image

Again Rawncer sits quietly at the base of his cell door-- listening intently during the next few days of their imprisonment. He picks at the crusty scales that seem to be forming and growing sporadically on his hands and fingers nails…

’This representative of ours actually sounds rather sincere and somewhat focused on portraying our case thoroughly.’ Jonathan mulls over these observations here and there while they wait for the Big Event to finally arrive.

Resigned and compliant, he stands rather lifeless and unenthusiastic as the guards administer the magical and alchemical restraint substance, binding his hands. His face is dead-pan and absent, vacant the entire time as the guards come to notice, almost displaying a eerie expression in his hollow eyes… that of volatile madness held barely at bay, just under the surface…

____


The carriage ride through the streets is a somber experience as well. Jonathan keeps to himself, sitting again quietly and solitary in a dark corner of the transport wagon. The cries of hatred and that of blood lust from the onlookers outside does little to affect his mood, as he almost seems dead inside anyway, and devoid of losing anymore of his already damned identity, or reputation…

Young lady Kallev gives her words of sorrow and of apology, to which Jonathan is already far too gone to even acknowledge nor respond. He remains completely retreated deep inside himself throughout the journey. The carriage then finally rolls to a stop and his companions are ushered out unceremoniously, and lead into the chambers of the famed and grand courthouse of Capital City Dementileau. The architecture rears up before them, Gothic, Awe-inspiring, Frightfully Ominous... Jonathan shuffles out, still lifeless and vacant, much like a devoid insane asylum convict passes from one holding zone to another with complete and utter abandonment.

Then the courthouse interior wafts forth with the cold and sterile smells assaulting his nose and senses. The room stinks of old crusty men, sitting high on their pedestals of cruel and unapologetic hypocrisy. Judas stands proud, of course, to which Jonathan only gives him his newly characteristic face of empty indifference and emotionlessness… with possible drool dribbling down his lips.

The Queen then presents herself… --The same vacant expression. But he lingers on her visage longer… possibly belying some deep processing in the recesses of his seemingly inert mind…

____


Jonathan easily slumps up to the podium when it his turn to swear the oath of true speak. He slaps his heavy hand on the revered book that is presented to him. He raises his disturbingly devoid face up and to the public, mouth held agape as though he looked completely drugged and incoherent. Finally, he dribbles out, I, Jonathan Rawncer, pledge my honesty to this court.

His eyes pan around the filled room of officials, stopping benignly on certain individuals; Judas Luris, the High Inquisitor, The Queen.

I, Jonathan Rawncer, pledge my complete honesty to this hearing and to this review of my…merit, my involvement, and my… loyalties....

--There seems to be a tone of mockery in his statements, of which have not been present until this point.

Again he states rather robotically, I, Jonathan Rawncer, pledge my honesty to Truth and Justice above all, as they are the only two tenants that govern this land… and this life...it is obvious --His demeanor seems to be changing and reemerging from his drunk stooper aforementioned, into something else.

JUSTICE YES!-- He then blurts out in a very unexpected turn of personality. TRUTH AND JUSTICE are the desired end goals and outcomes here in this Noble House of Honesty, Integrity, and Just Rule, is it not, oh esteemed advisers? --Mockery now sounds to be laden heavily throughout.

Well then! Let us get down to business in ruling out the Just, and in turn condemning the wicked shall we?!? The Lady Kallev has already given her opening statements. Righteous she is to be taking on all of this responsibility on to her, yet 18 years of age, shoulders.

What a grand gathering this is! All of this legal arrangement. All of you present, taking away time from your various… personal activities, whatever they may be, GOD only Knows(!), to sit here and to listen to us lowly individuals, beg and plead for our security.

WHAT A SHOW INDEED! What a grand display of ‘Authority’ and ‘Superiority!’ -He thumps his heavy hand hard on the podium with belligerent carelessness. I hope you all feel so proud and worth while, as we sit her shackled and submissive to your will… and to your oh-so Righteous and “Lawful” Edicts. --he shoots a powerful glare at The Queen.

His beating heart begins to rumble profoundly in his chest. His previously observed countenance of vacancy and lifelessness, has all but completely transformed into something much more coherent as it seems... He tightens his fists in his lap where he sits, unbeknownst to any onlookers. Thorns begin to sprout on his knuckles… He turns a knowing gaze over to Alexis, much in the same fashion as he did on previous occasions. A wily and agitated look in his eyes, for certain... Bestial even...

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 05-17-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-31-2019, 02:23 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449
The Opening of the Trial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
"I am Kallev Littleton and will not be subject to magic forced upon ones self to act or speak in a certain way when those who are accusing are not subject to the same."
"Let the record show that the defendant refused to take the oath to tell truth. And to your "point" Lady Littleton, the magics here does not compel you to speak in any manner you do not wish. It only prevents you from knowingly speaking falsehood... so that only the truth may be considered in this court." The high inquisitor said, unimpressed by the gesture, but shot a piercing look to the party's appointed barrister. "All those that bear witness for or against you or your associates will be required to take the same oath and make their testimony within the circle of the court. Only testimony given with this tribunal's circle will be considered for admission into these proceedings. I can consider this a failing of your appointed barrister to adequately prepare you. As such will give you the opportunity to reconsider, if you so wish, your decision."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
"I am aware of all the charges against me, and not here to dispute them. Go ahead and rule me guilty on all accounts. Even throw in all the families of mice and other creatures that were caught up in the accident. Everyone here knows I deserve it."

"Regardless of verdict, it will not change what was done and all that is needed for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing. I am here because I did something."

"There was a chance to put a stop the fire before it spread, but one person we know as Count Judas ran away from the chance to aid his people to report the violation of law as he is required to do by law. But I suppose you can blame his actions on me as well."
"Let the record so state that the defendant has pleaded guilty to her charges." The inquisitor said unimpressed again as he methodically orchestrated the trial's proceedings. "First, let me point out that you, based on what I have heard thus far, it is clear you know nothing of our laws. Lastly, it is your actions we are here to account, not that of another... each of your companions will be tried and assessed on their own merits."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
"In any case, I will say this... For all those people that were affected by what happened. I am truly sorry. No amount of words or remorse can ever change what was done. "

"My arrogance and irresponsibility was mainly due to my adolescence and upbringing. Although I have learned much over these past few months, I am afraid that teaching came with a cost. If I would have known then what I know now, none of this would ever happen."

"Even so, I humbly ask the tribunal to be lenient on those who accompanied me. As they were under my command and I am responsible for their actions. Including Count Judas who aided and embedded, accompanied and bore witness."
"I will again remind you, you are here to simply account for your actions. The court will listen to the testimony and evidence and make the determination of who aided... and abetted. Fear not, you and all those assembled here and your home will hear Count Luris' testimony and account under oath and in court, because despite your plea, we will still hear all of the testimony and present the evidence from the case against you, Lady Littleton, so we may ascertain the extent of your guilt." The High Inquisitor said and then motioned to the area next to the queen. A mirror like object was there and through it, Kallev saw her mother as well a some of her friends and family. "And so all those that bear witness here... and in your home can see and hear the truth and see justice served. Regardless of your remorse and your reason, nearly 900 murdered lives... that we know of... men, women... children are the consequence that needs accounting for."

"Kal! This isn't true... right? They told us you did such terrible things... but you couldn't have... not you..." Lydia Marrs shouted suddenly as her face came to the fore of the mirror and choked out the last few words. "Please tell them... us... it can't... be... true... please... oh gods..."

"Be silent, Lydia... you'll only make things worse." Radley said flustered as he caught the collapsing Lydia and led her out of the view of the mirror. "Can't you see, Kal is Marked... what more needs to be said...?"

"My apologies, Queen Renier. Please excuse that uncharacteristic outburst. Lady Marrs is close friend of Kallev and this has been especially difficult revelations for her." Kimbra Littleton apologized in a poised manner, the slight crimson flush in her fair skin, barely perceptible. Kimbra gave a stern look to those off mirror. "I promise, no other such outburst from my court will disrupt your court's proceedings."

"Matron Littleton, no need to apologize. I am grateful for the attendance of you and your court to these proceedings." Queen Renier responded pleasantly as she regarded Kimbra Littleton. "This is a difficult time for us all, but understandably for you and your family in particular. As such, outbursts are to be expected. High Inquisitor, please proceed."

"Yes, my Queen. Lady Kallev Littleton, you are charged with the following crimes." The High Inquisitor said as he turned to Kallev in the center of court. " Unsanctioned use of magic that resulted in the death of citizens and destruction of private and public property in Hofstra. Attempted first degree murder and assault of a High Inquisitor of Dementileau. Evading lawful arrest and fleeing capture after the commission of a capital crime. Eight hundred and sixty seven counts of first degree murder. Conspiracy with a declared hostile force to the kingdom of Dementileau."

"The records show you pleading guilty to all counts, would you like to reconsider your plea?"



Jonathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"Well then! Let us get down to business in ruling out the Just, and in turn condemning the wicked shall we?!? The Lady Kallev has already given her opening statements. Righteous she is to be taking on all of this responsibility on to her, yet 18 years of age, shoulders."
"Clearly we have a different notion of 'righteousness' Mr. Rawncer." The high inquisitor said flatly, clearly not impressed. "Perhaps it is good fortune then, that the court will only hold her account for her actions... and the consequences thereof. Let the record show that the defendant has taken the oath."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
"What a grand gathering this is! All of this legal arrangement. All of you present, taking away time from your various… personal activities, whatever they may be, GOD only Knows(!), to sit here and to listen to us lowly individuals, beg and plead for our security."

"WHAT A SHOW INDEED! What a grand display of ‘Authority’ and ‘Superiority!’ -He thumps his heavy hand hard on the podium with belligerent carelessness. I hope you all feel so proud and worth while, as we sit her shackled and submissive to your will… and to your oh-so Righteous and “Lawful” Edicts".
"If all you have remaining to offer is histrionics and theatrics, Mr. Rawncer, then we shall proceed to the charging." The high inquisitor said again flatly. With all of his long years as High Inquisitor he has heard similar rants by the accused and has now become expected. Noise and gusto without substance. "Jonathan Rawncer. You are charged with the following crimes. Accessory after the fact to first degree murder. Conspiracy with parties sympathetic to a declared hostile force to the kingdom of Dementileau. How do you plead?"



OODM OODM: Okay the Zone of Truth is now active for those on the floor. The effect placing the hand on the book and swearing the oath is the voluntary forfeiting of the saving throw for the Zone of Truth. Refusal to do so is permitted, but it will reflect poorly since refusal generally indicates an intent to bear false testimony. Again, the Zone of Truth does not compel you to say anything... it only prevents you from telling a falsehood. Just FYSA, I will start linking the posts with the relevant actions on it as "testimony" and small presentation evidence in the follow-on response posts as applicable. Additionally, the purpose of the inquisitors on the side is to ascertain false testimony, so even if the spell save is made and oath refused, there be an opposed Bluff Check against the Inquisitor's collective Sense Motive for any lies. Onward!

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-31-2019, 01:47 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,043
Aurelius Brought to CourtDr. Alymer's face is a professional mask as he is led out with the others. His eyes flicker to regard the strange bonds as they are placed. It takes a fair amount of effort to stow away the curiosity to poke and prod at them. A surgeon quickly acquires an unflappable temper in his craft, and it serves him well as they are brought to the tribunal amid jeers and scorn from the populace. The noble lady has some last words for the group, but Aurelius merely acknowledges them with a nod. What she did is going to affect him or Jonathan least, so that sympathy is little meant for him.

Aurelius took in the grim sight of the room and the apparent judges in their case. His gaze lingers longer on the announced queen, unsure about her. His musings are briefly interrupted by the book presented. The doctor gives it a wary look before wearily setting his hand over it and swearing the oath. He had nothing to hide.

The ones with the most worrisome case and the most laughable case go first. Aurelius is not sure what he was expecting. The girl is already proven particularly suicide prone. An effective guilty plea seems somewhat in the same defeatist train of thought but ... With the death toll listed again, it is harder to feel for the foolish girl. His estimation is not helped by the continued blaming of that inquisitor. Trebly foolish with how she is not disputing the conspiracy charges that seemed ridiculous from his impression of the other prisoners.

Then, Jonathan speaks. The good doctor flinches in surprise. He had been growing worried at Jonathan's increasing listlessness. He was ready to contemplate asking for some of his supplies so that he could start up a chemical regimen to see if it would help. But the flip of switch from listless to manic would jar even the steely. Following the man's gaze toward the queen, it takes little expertise to glean that there is animosity against the monarch, something truly profound to unbalance a man so.

 

The Trial of Dr. AlymerEventually, it is Dr. Alymer's turn to step up to the podium. With a deep breath, he stands as the next accused. Fixing his spectacles, Aurelius maintains his professional air. He clears his throat and nods a little. "Greetings, Your Honors and Majesty. I am Dr. Aurelius Alymer, at your serv- ... well, that's not pertinent now," he chuckles at the slip into his habitual line. "I am a man of medicine and alchemy." He makes a waving motion with his bonds, "We are all sophisticated men here, so I shall plead now. If you must recite the charges anyway, then do so. As to the charges of criminal aid or conspiracy with the other accused, that is utter nonsense, and I plead not guilty."

Sharper eyes might spot the frustrated yet resigned appear in his gaze. "As to my unique ones ... I am a stranger to these lands. I was unfamiliar with the codes involved or the bleak tale that generated them. Barrister Richleau explained the legal definitions involved rather thoroughly. I won't dispute that my creation falls within those parameters. Thus, I plead guilty to those charges. My defense is mitigating circumstances." A sad, soulful sigh passes his lips. "And potential recurrence is a moot issue." His composure largely maintains, but Aurelius dreads within himself at the thought of the prosecution bringing out the "physical evidence." The wound is yet raw upon his spirit.
__________________
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-31-2019, 06:05 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 18661
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,054
TrialKallev was crushed, her last attempt to help save her companions was moot. They were all at the mercy of the court now. She looked over at the The high inquisitor, So you want me to break it down to charges. Well then...

Using my magic in self defense in attempts to save the city and myself, guilty as my heart goes out to the ones who suffered in the collateral damage.

Attempted first degree murder and assault of a High Inquisitor of Dementileau, not guilty. But guilty to second degree. I never planned to kill him, It was his actions that wounded my emotions up and it just happened right at that moment. But yes, I asked what I thought was a helpful power to kill him and also explicitly implied to not harm any others. I did not order all the towns people killed, nor would I. He made me mad and I lost control, I never wanted innocent people to get hurt. But they were all slaughtered before my eyes!
she began to tear up, having spilled her feelings in front of her friends and mother.

So yes, I was scared. I lied to my companion in hopes they would support me still and I ran, I tried to run away to get home and try to fix things. But the more I tried, the worse it got... Yes, I am guilty for running... tears began running down her cheek and she wiped in away with her sleeve.

And now, because of what I did, I got marked. I never imagined it would happen like this... I can't undo the past, but I can pay for it with my future. So I beg the court, please make my death swift. she did not want to live a life being marked and fell to her knees in tears. She always meant to do good, but in doing so, she made some real bad choices and now payment is due.
__________________
New Job/Transitioning is still taking up some my time right now. But is beginning to lighten up a bit. Feel free to NPC my characters if needed.

Last edited by kaylara; 05-31-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 27538
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,449


Kallev Bound By Law

The Massacre of Hofstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
"Using my magic in self defense in attempts to save the city and myself, guilty, as my heart goes out to the ones who suffered in the collateral damage."
"So noted. Let the record show for the charge of unsanctioned use of magic, the defendant enters the plea of guilty." The inquisitor notes with interest before adding. "Now imagine the misery and sorrow that could have been avoided had you only done this beforehand with Count Luris."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallev
"Attempted first degree murder and assault of a High Inquisitor of Dementileau, not guilty. But guilty to second degree. I never planned to kill him, It was his actions that wounded my emotions up and it just happened right at that moment. But yes, I asked what I thought was a helpful power to kill him and also explicitly implied to not harm any others. I did not order all the towns people killed, nor would I. He made me mad and I lost control, I never wanted innocent people to get hurt. But they were all slaughtered before my eyes!"

"So yes, I was scared. I lied to my companion in hopes they would support me still and I ran, I tried to run away to get home and try to fix things. But the more I tried, the worse it got... Yes, I am guilty for running... tears began running down her cheek and she wiped in away with her sleeve."

"And now, because of what I did, I got marked. I never imagined it would happen like this... I can't undo the past, but I can pay for it with my future. So I beg the court, please make my death swift."
"So noted... let the record show that the defendant pleads not guilty to the charge of first degree murder." The high inquisitor says blandly at Kallev's explanation. "The court will make the determination, with your considerate testimony included, of course, but a full and accurate accounting of all of the testimony and evidence will be considered... beginning with your chief accuser."

So began the parade of testimony and evidence. The court began with the uncovering some of the remains of the victims from Hofstra. They had been preserved to a degree for presentation. In macabre way, some of the parts seemed familiar to the assembled party, but the headless bodies, the cracked bones, and gnawed flesh was still frighteningly disturbing to most assembled there as evident in the sounds of retching and the horrified gasps.

Then the parade of witnesses, starting with Count Luris, all sworn under oath in the court recounted the starting from his attempt to arrest Kallev to the summoning of what was being dubbed the dark rider. He recounted returning after organizing the fire brigade and fighting the fire prior to arriving at the scene of the party's arrival and his attempted arrest. While he recounted the arrest, he did make mention that he had felt consideration for the assistance and actions taken to aid the town and his offer to hold them blameless, if Kallev herself submitted herself for judgement. The others witnesses simply recounted the horror and the losses they experienced during the incident.

Asides from recounting the event, the only thing of note during Luris' testimony was how he was saved by the power of the amulet that the Queen presents to all Royal Inquisitors upon promotion. Luris described that just before the moment of his death as the sickled blade of the Dark Rider descended, the magic power locked within the amulet transported him literally from the hands of death.

All the while, Kallev's mother, her family, and what few of her friends she could see looked grimly at the testimonies and evidence presented. Even Lydia had returned, still tearful, as she mutely and still in disbelief listened to the recounting of the Massacre.



EphramEphram's Moment from Hofstra

"Knight Ephram, so how you plea to the charges?" The inquisitor asked. "Did you in full knowledge of the crime and actions of the defendant, Kallev Littleton, aid and abet her flight and evasion from the lawful authorities?"



AlexisWater Shed Moment

"Alexis Lightbringer, how you plea to the charges presented against you? Did you knowingly and willingly depart with the Black Wolves that had raided the township and in doing so did you conspire with those forces?" The inquisitor asked Alexis as his turn in court came up. "Were you sympathetic to their cause?"


RavenKallev's Reaction
Raven's Moment

"Did you Raven, have full knowledge of your companion's role in the summoning of the creature and actions still aid and abet her evasion of the legal authorities of this land?"



Aurelius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius
"We are all sophisticated men here, so I shall plead now. If you must recite the charges anyway, then do so. As to the charges of criminal aid or conspiracy with the other accused, that is utter nonsense, and I plead not guilty."
"As a matter of formality and process, we must recount the charges, but let the record show that to the charges of aiding and abetting knowingly those accused in the massacre of Hofstra and conspiracy with a hostile force, the defendant, Dr. Aurelius Alymer has pleaded not guilty." The inquisitor intoned in even voice. "Then for the record, Dr. Alymer please provide testimony as to circumstances in which you found yourself in the company of those so accused and if you had any knowledge of their misdeeds."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius
"As to my unique ones ... I am a stranger to these lands. I was unfamiliar with the codes involved or the bleak tale that generated them. Barrister Richleau explained the legal definitions involved rather thoroughly. I won't dispute that my creation falls within those parameters. Thus, I plead guilty to those charges. My defense is mitigating circumstances." A sad, soulful sigh passes his lips. "And potential recurrence is a moot issue."
"Again, let the record show that the defendant has entered a plea of guilty and wishes to provide mitigating circumstances as his defense." The inquisitor said as he motioned again to the courts recorder. "The court will be interested in hearing those circumstances... later."

With that the inquisitor then dismisses Aurelius from the circle and summons the witnesses that Aurelius had requested. And much to Aurelius' expectation, each of his colleagues provided glowing testimony to his character and his intellectual contributions to the University and to gentleness of Yana's nature. It was only when they presented the physical evidence of Yana's nature that his colleagues and those gathered in the stands paled in horror and they gasps collectively with those gathered in the seats as each of the physical items of evidence was presented.

What was presented at the court was Yana's head suspended in the some sort of protective container and magic. It was clear that her patchwork nature was evident now that most, if not all, of Aurelius' work to disguise her was gone. Next, to her head was a portion of Yana's arm, the claws on her hands clearly evident, and a part of her bat-like wings. The looks from his colleagues were mixed... many of them becoming those of disgust and revulsion, but some with terror and fear.

"Yes...clearly, harmless..." The chief inquisitor said in a deadpan manner before turning to Aurelius. "For the record then, Dr. Alymer would you kindly identify these parts and verify that they formerly belong to the golem was created by your hand. If you would also be so kind, please inform the court and those gathered here, from what... materials... and manner did you craft such a... thing. Finally, if known to you, who was or were the previous... owner or owners... of such parts."

"Afterwards, you may present your mitigating circumstances to the court and the people assembled here."



Jonathan
"Mr. Ranwcer... how do you plead?" The high inquisitor said again flatly. "In accordance with the laws of the land, if you do not respond then by default, a guilty plea will be entered."


OODM OODM: I have linked relevant post to each character fieldset that reviews/recounts the important moments and places in the incident that were particularly relevant to the character to help with their posts, but I recommend that everyone to take read of those links to get a context of what is going on in the trial and to read page 10 of Chapter 1 at the minimum. So for the sake of expediency and so this portion of the chapter does not become dragged out unnecessarily, through testimony, evidence, and presentations, essentially of the details contained within the linked posts and the relevant post on pages 9-10 of Chapter One (sans character internal dialogue) can be considered IC knowledge now both for the party and those present at the trial. I think this will be helpful in providing materials for the characters to use in response to one another's proceedings.

 



__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 06-11-2019 at 01:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-07-2019, 12:08 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2019
RPXP: 15648
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 4,516
EphramEphram never trusted courts. They were just men, flawed and biased men who would loudly proclaim their neutrality when such a concept is absurd. They were the soapbox for public humiliation, for the powerful to oppress the powerless. He'd seen the results of these farce trials back in Galt, seen the Final Blades takes heads and souls. As much as this place wanted to project an air of civility, the reality was quite plain. There is no civility in murder, court-ordered or not, and this trail was moving in exactly that direction.

"Use your magics. It will change nothing that I have to say. I swear honesty here." He'd been slower to make his way to the stand, to the center of attention and judgment. Weeks in a cold cell had done a lot to weaken his body, aches in his joints accompanying his steps. He had doubts are if he could even wear his armor without a struggle now. "And let me preface my answers with a statement. I do not accept your law, nor your claim to truth as the impetus for it. Cold, faceless facts do not make for justice and intent is not insignificant to truth." Settling in where he is directed, he turns his eyes to his accusers and clears his throat.

"I did not witness the events in question. I was unaware of the cause of the deaths in Hofstra until well after they'd occured. That said, I did assist the others in leaving the city and I would do so again." The fire he'd born inside him during their imprisonment had faded to embers after so long in a cell. He admired Jonathon all the more for the ferocity he'd retained during their stay, but he couldn't harbor the rage for so long. Now his words were soft, plain, emotionless things. "I have fought and bled with these people. I have traveled with them on assignment to purge an evil in this place. The things we have seen..." Memories light his eyes then: the goblins, the house of horrors, the plant-men-things. How much evil had they endured, and how much could they have endured without each other? "...your land is a miserable place filled with horrible, tragic things. I would not leave my friends to suffer those horrors alone. I would not feed the evil in this place with such callousness." It is Dennis that haunts his mind then, the look on his face as he abandoned them to join with the very creatures they'd been so intent on stopping.

"Whatever Kallev may have done, whatever mistakes she may have made, she is not an evil person. I've seen true evil every single day since I arrived in this awful place. I know evil as well as I know my own face, and I know good just as well for I have seen it here, too. I stand by my friends, who have made mistakes and have suffered for them. Any who are free of the burden of poor choices surely lives a charmed life." He shifts his eyes then to the mirror, and then to the queen, studying the faces that he might carry them with him into his punishment. But the one face he wants to carry is blurry in his memory. How long has it been since he's seen her?

"I plead guilty to the accusations you place before me. I did aid them. I will always aid them. Pass your judgment and be done." At that he falls silent, content that there is no further need for words.
__________________
Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order
RotFO: M-Th, IofIN [R]: Tu-F, IofIN [H]: W-Sa

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 06-07-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-10-2019, 04:32 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2019
RPXP: 5773
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,528
left-aligned image

The high Inquisitor simply and flatly ignores his heavy and condemning words of scorn upon the court, and returns the question with blatant indifference, "Jonathan Rawncer, how to you plead?"

Rawncer takes a moment, his hands still writhe and grip tightly in his lap, out of sight of the congregation. The silent moment lingers longer as he searches his mind for his ultimate decision, sweat accumulating on his brow. He is a proud man, proud of his outlooks on life, proud of his contributions to society, an honorable man who strives to uphold good and righteous actions in all of his dealings.

... And to be disregarded, reputation tarnished, and lumped in with some other wild accusations of being an accomplice to some alleged murders and misconducts... Has insulted him mortally, after all the noble deeds he has contributed to in his life... One thing after another. This world never stops. His life will never end, as it seems. More and more hardships mount further and further above and over the precipice of his vantage.

--He licks his lips in disgust.

There's nothing that can be done here. He's finding his fervor waning as he reflects on the possible actions that can be taken in this immediate scene.... very few.

Finally, with extreme reluctance and the most sour taste in his mouth, he responds to the court, I plead guilty...

____


The mighty paladin, Ephram takes the stand to give his statements-- Jonathan listens sorrowfully. He and Ephram share almost the exact same stance on this whole situation. He sits there listening to the rest of his friends' words, heartfelt despair tugs at his emotions. Helplessness begins to poke and prod at his ironclad mind of perseverance... This court is simply too much.

Poor young lady Kallev gets blanketed with condemning evidence, one after another. Each other member, come to notice is mounted with massive charges with little evidence to the contrary. Hope looks lost in his eyes. Alexis remains quiet. Aurelius is presented with terrible accusations concerning his beloved partner.

He visits the idea of throwing all hope out the window; letting his monster loose, and running rampant through the court, beheading as many inquisitors as he can, disemboweling Judis, and mangling the queen beyond recognition... but to what outcome? Surely nothing of any strong value would come of that... but it'd sure feel good... It's still and option...

____


In the end he decides to sit and wait.
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB