Game Thread Chapter 1 ♦ Whitespire - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 05-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Sakamoto3's Avatar
Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-09-2019
RPXP: 250
Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3
Posts: 101
left-aligned image

Although entering the cathedral and seeing the zombified sisters left Perun with a sympathetic sadness (What if those were the priests of Ferrakus?), the truly unnerving part of the room for him was the four untouched clerics.
"If there's no snow on them, it means they've been moved recently... or worse." He readies his hand and fires a bolt towards one of the distant zombies, then turns his gaze back to the clerics and prompts the others with a suggestion.
"If you all stay back from them, I could invoke a mighty ball of flame to make sure those four stay down. I agree with Vellusia, they've been untouched even by the undead. I doubt that they're themselves anymore, living or undead..."
OOC
Action: Fire Bolt (Ranged Touch Attack from Fire Domain)
24 to Hit, 9 Fire Damage

 
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 05-01-2019, 11:58 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 28811
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,336
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon, Round 2
Weather: Freezing (12°F), blizzard.


The wind suddenly picks up and begins to spin around the room. It immediately becomes harder to see anything. Tiny objects are sent flying, swirling around the room. The first of the seemingly frozen Clerics jumps and flies through the strong winds with ease, coming down before Akarin. It's eyes lock onto the Tiefling as it strikes the fighter with both clawed hands.

Pais Begins to Recite words to inspire the others. His song will need to be loud to be heard by the others. Taking aim, the Bard fires at two of the Zombies and sends them back to their death.

The next of the Cleric's takes flight and lands by the first. It focuses on Vellusia with it's eyes and strikes at the Oracle. She is hit twice as well by the cold Cleric.

Like the first two, a third Cleric flies up and towards the group. This one lands before Jheral and attacks like the other two, with it's eyes and it's hands. And like the last two, connects easily with the Inquisitor's flesh.

Perun points a hand and releases a fireball at the Cleric in front of Vellusia. It strikes and gets the frozen figures attention.

Jheral tries to cast a spell of her own, something to aid the others. But now the last of the Clerics flies up and towards the rest. It lands at the Bard and strikes just as the others have done. Only one hand makes contact, but the Bard is still hurt.

Even hurt, Akarin still manages to drink some sort of potion. All the Zombies that remain get closer, but none can reach the group – yet.


OOC Round 2:
Anyone: DC24 K: Nature or Religion to identify the 4 Clerics.
Akarin: DC20 Will save v. Gaze or Fascinated
Dice Roll:
1d4 4
Rounds; Take 33 HP Cold Damage; Need TWO DC20 Fort saves v Cold or staggered 1 round/each failure
Duxus: (Where are your rolls?)
Vellusia: DC20 Will save v. Gaze or Fascinated
Dice Roll:
1d4 1
Rounds; Take 31 HP Cold Damage; Need TWO DC20 Fort saves v Cold or staggered 1 round/each failure
Jheral: DC20 Will save v. Gaze or Fascinated
Dice Roll:
1d4 1
Rounds; Take 24 HP Cold Damage; Need TWO DC20 Fort saves v Cold or staggered 1 round/each failure. You also need a DC35 Concentration check or lose the Spell.
Pais: DC20 Will save v. Gaze or Fascinated
Dice Roll:
1d4 1
Rounds; Take 14 HP Cold Damage; Need a DC20 Fort saves v Cold or staggered 1 round.


 


 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF 1st & 2nd Ed., 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Oct 28, 2020: VOTE!

Last edited by Digorig; 05-02-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 05-02-2019, 04:08 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 16914
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,945
Jheral
Dice Will:
1d20+13sh20 (14)+13 Total = 27
ignored the strangely beguiling gaze of these creatures. The zombies were, as he'd suspected, merely a distraction: but the ability of these clerics to harm him with a touch, sending cold into his bones, was a
Dice Concentration:
1d20+15sh35 (17)+15 Total = 32
surprise, and his spell froze half-formed. He would have to trust to steel, it seemed, though he wondered
Dice Knowledge: Religion:
1d20+13sh24 (1)+13 Total = 14
what these things were.

The shadow-hunter
Dice Fortitude:
1d20+12sh20 (8)+12 Total = 20
1d20+12sh20 (13)+12 Total = 25
shrugged off the effects of the supernatural cold, and shifted his grip on the hilt. Hopefully the weapon would not conduct the cold, but Jheral braced himself anyway. He called on the night to surround him, granting him the edge against these foes; the shadows wrapped him in a cold coil of their own, and he would feel the cold of the undead much less.

Jheral smiled, stepping deeper into the melee, and
Dice Full Attack:
1d20+14sh21 (10)+14 Total = 24
1d8+12 (2)+12 Total = 14
1d20+9sh21 (5)+9 Total = 14
1d8+12 (1)+12 Total = 13
struck hard at the foe.

OOCActivate Judgment: Healing and Resistance (granting Cold Resistance 10, and Fast Healing 4).
Jheral heals 4HP.
Note that Heroism should still be active, as it lasts 110 minutes from when Jheral cast it. This is included in my attack rolls but not in the saves or skill checks above (but doesn't change any outcomes).

5ft step deeper into the melee, then a full attack with Power Attack. I haven't included flanking or anything, but it can't make the difference anyway, so assume no flanking for this round

 

__________________
An Englishman is not adapted to this heat.
Maps for Wrath

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 05-02-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 05-05-2019, 09:42 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-26-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,579
 


The sudden charge of the monks confirmed Jheral's suspicions. Luckily, Akarin had just enough time to down his mutagen. The transformation is immediate: Akarin's skin begins to harden a darker shade of black, polished and shining, almost as if his skin was made of iron. His horn's grow in size, twisting around in spirals. His muscles bulge, and their is a viciousness that appears in his eyes.

Akarin was not going to let his companions die today.

This single thought echoed deeply in his soul and though the evil cleric's eyes might try and sway him, they were to no avail. Akarin was determined and resolute. Even as his assaulter began to freeze his blood, Akarin merely shook off the frost as if it were nothing more than a cold breeze touching upon his skin.

"You cannot stop the fire of life within our souls!" Akarin shouts. He repositions himself in front of Vellusia, who had so boldly done so for Pais not minutes earlier, and unleashes a series of devastating blows upon one of the clerics. Using his sword and shield, he strikes at the cleric again and again before bashing him with his shield, attempting to push the cleric away from his companions.

Akarin stands, his heaving hot breathes leave his mouth, forming little clouds of mist in the cold the eyes of his enemies.

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; 05-05-2019 at 09:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 05-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Duxus's Avatar
Duxus Duxus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2020
RPXP: 994
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Posts: 1,562
left-aligned image
Pais was in full battle mode. He was ready to support his friend with magic, while taking down the zombies. But than the cleric acted, as soon as he sees them move, Pais knows what they are. He knows very well how dangerous they are. Just as he was about to yell warnings to his friends, she walks over...
Her hair is like silk flowing over her naked and supple body. Her movements are as gentle as a cat. Her eyes are deep and ice cold blue. Her lips are shaped as perfect as it can be. Pais doesn’t even feel hurt when she strikes him.

In his mind they are running in ice cold field, their hands held together. They are laughing merrily. They plan happily how to kill innocent people and share their suffering with them, corrupting foolish indivials that are stupid to fall for thier plots.

What a nice day to freeze to death...

OOC
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 05-09-2019, 05:57 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

Just as she is about to administer her sacred tribal reagent of purified salt to her comrades… the clerics charge forth and disrupt!

In a rush of torrential wind and icy chill, the four frozen servants descend upon her team in sheer madness and deathly demise. The salt is thrown from her hands! Claws scratch at her face and tear into her flesh! Her visibility is low, through the cloudy vision of her marred and deformed eyes, but her assailants are still scarcely visible. In the usual black and white gradient that does not rely on light at all to perceive any detail, she witnesses the evil witches assault her with undead irreverence. Their eyes! Their eyes are penetrating. They are hypnotic! They are enchanting and corrupting!!

Vellusia, the stalwart defender that she always took herself for… has been enchanted, subdued and fascinated for a time. She can not help but gaze into the menacing eyes that hold fast as they are enthralling! Captivating! A sinking feeling fills her stomach. Her eyes are fixed on theirs in the most tantalizing fashion… even as they rip and tear at her skin... Their eyes are all consuming… and nothing else matters. Vellusia hangs there motionless, drooling, mouth agape, even while she loses blood and flesh right and left.

In her peripheral, the demon skin, Akrin, dives before her. He is courageous! He is valiant! He looks even more beastial than before! She can only make out few details in her hazy peripheral, but she can definitely gauge his growth and enhanced martial prowess. She sheds a tear. She is on her foretold mission! The great tribal oracles detailed bits of her future for her when she was young. They mentioned that she would to accepted into a mighty team, comprised of valiant individuals, fighting against the returning tyrants of antiquity.

There in that moment, enthralled by the demonic enchantment, and witnessing these fellows fight at her side to defend her, she is filled with emotion. --These must be the fabled individuals that have been prophesied for her.

Frozen tight-- her inner voice Roars and Writhes with defiance!!! The enchantment is breaking! My goodness, when she is free…. There will be hell to pay.


Actions - Fascinated one round.
- Protrection from Evil NOT in effect.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 05-09-2019, 06:16 PM
Sakamoto3's Avatar
Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-09-2019
RPXP: 250
Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3 Sakamoto3
Posts: 101
left-aligned image

As his bolt of flame lands on the cleric that leapt towards Vellusia, Perun realized the direness of the situation. Whoever these clerics used to be were not of good faith anymore...
Upon seeing Akarin's bravery, Perun closes his eyes momentarily before uttering a sacred prayer that protects those who Ferrakus holds dear.
OOC
Action: Cast Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks for allies, -1 luck penalty on those rolls for enemies in a 40 ft. radius)

 
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 05-11-2019, 04:50 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

BUT NO!!-- The hypnotic gaze suddenly ends! The Valiant Akarin cuts down the vile servant, thus ceasing the terrible enchantment!! Vellusia snaps free. She blinks rapidly, regaining her faculties quickly. This is serious business!! These demons are up in their grills!! No time for salt as its strewn all over the ground anyway. This Perun chap blesses them further with more enhancement! WOW-- What a formidable team she finds herself amongst! Just as the fabled tales have been told.

She is still exhausted, Staggered condition round 1of2although. Her gear is extremely heavy come to notice. Eyes reel about, scanning the environment as if she was intoxicated by some insidious poison. Trails of light drag behind her eyes as they pass about. NO MATTER! SHE HAS ENOUGH STRENGTH!! THIS MUST BE DONE!!!

--All goes absolutely quiet for a brief moment...


Then, "Rrrump, Rrrump." Her marred, cloudy eyes begin to subtly glow a pale blue...

SHE'S CHANTING!! She's SINGING! A guttural rumble begins to roll from deep inside her. Blue eyes then FLASH! in brilliance. "RUMP! RUMP! I-OH SO! I-OH SO! --GOOORE-RUMP, OH-RUMP!" The chant is deeply rhythmic and primal, Savage, and beastial. "GUIDING OF THE SUN!! OH-RUMP! Oi' RUMP! BLESS US NOW! Ky-RACK, Oh-RRACK!"

"STARS SHINE NOW! COO-RACK! IM-PACT! ---IG-NITE - THE - BEAST! IG-NITE - THE - BEAST!! IG-NITE - THE - BEAST - INSIDE - OF - US!!"

SHE'S MADD!! CRAZED!! OUT OF HER MIND!! Writhing, yelling, Tearing, Ravaging! Vellusia has contorted into a primal beast of rhythmic, chanting madness!! Banging her chest! Stomping her feet! Flapping her tongue mindlessly!!

All that witness and listen feel a sense of...fervor. A rumble in there bellies. An animistic apatite! A CRAZED HYSTERIA!! Further enhancing their physical strengths and abilities. Also... there is an Aura about everyone. A beautiful Blue light surrounds everyone that allows. It feels Divine... Angelic... Celestial....

The tribal chant has now been let loose. The primal fire has been ignited in the hearts! Fervor is pronounced!

She drops to a knee!
In the middle of the violent battle and hacking and slashing, she arches her sacred shield up, and to the ceiling....

The moment is rumbling. The drums of war are rolling. The chapel feels like it thumping along with the crazed, rhythmic, animal, gorilla chant. The crest of her great shield, the Etched Feather in the center, begins to glow blue as well. Hold fast! Hold tight! Her shield is SHAKING! QUIVERING! As though its being charged up! She then produces the silver ring on her finger. She holds it up high, revealing it for all to see. A beautiful Blue Celestine crystal sits in the absolute center! "Bless us Fathers! Bless us Sacred Guardians of the North!!" These charged words then ignite the ring!! The crystal catches flame! Both the Etched Feather and the crystal ring ERUPT in Sacred Blue Fire!

Her shield is trembling in her hand! Ring is dancing about on her finger, dragging her arm with it! Both are breathed in magnificent blue Celestial Fire. They look like a pair! Great Heavens! They look like they go together!! They want to merge! They want to collide!!! HER EYES IGNITE IN BLUE MADNESS AS WELL!!

"AHHHH--LALALALALALA--YAYAYAYAYAY!!" --CRASH!!

She SMACKS THE RING AGAINST THE CENTER SHIELD!!

BOOOOOMMM!!-- A crescendo of blue light wafts, and cascades, and floods over her team instantly, encompassing her group and the evil ones in the 35ft
Dice Channel healing energy to team and dealing damage to evil ones:
4d6+7 (6, 3, 4, 6)+7 Total = 26
vicinity.


Actions- Staggered 1of2 rounds
- Standard Action - Start Raging Song, granting everyone +2str, +2con, +1will, -1ac if accepted, and enhancing all healing taken by +7 with Celestial Totem,Lesser.
- Swift Action - Activate Ring of Protected Life to cast Channel energy as a swift action.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 03-20-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 05-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 28811
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,336
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon, Round 3
Weather: Freezing (12°F), blizzard.


The first of the Yuki-Onna seemed surprised by the changes to Akarin. It again swung it's clawed hands but was unable to connect with the Tiefling. Perhaps in shock or mayhaps something else, it stepped back.

Pais stops his oratory suddenly and just looks at the creature before him. It also steps back with a slight smile to it's fetid face.

Now another of the undead, the one before Vellusia seems to smile as well. It takes flight and in what could best be called a jump, lands near to the center of the cathedral.

Behind the Melee and his friends, Perun cast a spell to help his allies – and hurt their foes.

Jheral takes a step towards the foes and attacks the only Undead Cleric near him. He manages to strike it once with his blade. It strikes back at the Half Elf and Jheral takes 8 HP Damage (18 – 10 CR) and needs a new DC20 Fort check v. staggered 1 roundstrikes him once more with its iced talon.

Akarin steps up and places himself between Vellusia and the Yuki-Onna. A brave move indeed, offering himself for a comrade. But bravery was in the Tiefling's nature. He viciously attacks the creature, doing sever damage to it and causing it to fall to the ground, lifeless once more. Immediately, the fascination that Vellusia was under from it is broken.

Snapping back, albeit a bit slow, the Oracle acts. She begins a magical chant that produces a blue radiance. Everyone around can feel the effect from it, including the Undead! None of the Zombies survive, and the three Yuki-Onna all seem hurt from the spell, some more than others.

OOC Round 3: A quick note on the NPC's HP. They are NOT at negative numbers. I list it that way to show damage taken so far.
Important Note: I missed that the Yuki-Onna are ALSO incorporeal. I will let all damage so far stand, but please do 50% hit/miss checks moving forward. Thanks.
EDIT: 50% Damage Reduction, please.


 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF 1st & 2nd Ed., 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Oct 28, 2020: VOTE!

Last edited by Digorig; 05-13-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 05-13-2019, 12:10 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-26-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,579
 


Vellusia's sudden battle cry resounds throughout Akarin's body. He feels the heat in his blood intensify, rushing throughout his body.

"You cannot flee the power of the ancients!" Akarin shouts. This was mostly gibberish, perhaps something his fiendish ancestors might have said. Akarin tended to become slightly psychotic when under the influence of the tonic he had concocted for himself.

Still, the evidence of its strength could not be denied. After felling one of his foes, Akarin turns to the next one. However, he finds that these frozen clerics were far more elusive than he had anticipated. Swinging his longsword and shield, he begins to realize that the creatures were actually ghostly creatures!

His first arm stroke and attempt to bash the creature with his shield are to no avail. However, Akarin's lightning fast series of blows was not deterred. Without missing a beat, he swings his sword a second time, feeling satisfied as the magical energy of his sword connects with its target. Its glow told him that he had done damage, even if the creature did not seem to show its pain.
 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 05-13-2019, 04:21 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 16914
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,945
Jheral I got the modifier wrong; should be +13; but it's still a save.
Dice Fort save:
1d20+14sh20 (8)+14 Total = 22
easily shook off the cold in his bones. He had felt worse. Not only could he resist the cold he felt, but Vellusia's healing felt like a burst of warmth, like a mug of warm soup on a wintery day. He was not used to working with a team, and still felt uncomfortable with allies too close at hand, but he could feel the advantages.

As Pais stopped speaking, Jheral felt a small sense of loss. The bard may be flowery, and prone to words over actions, but his efforts seemed to convey more than a mere noise, strengthening the arm for the fight. Then, once again, it was Vellusia's action that changed the battle: Jheral stopped thinking, started acting. He stepped to his left, circling around the undead, and viciously
Dice Full attack:
1d20+17sh21 (18)+17 Total = 35
1d8+14 (7)+14 Total = 21
1d2sh2 2
1d20+12sh21 (5)+12 Total = 17
1d8+14 (7)+14 Total = 21
1d2sh2 2
struck at its most vulnerable areas. He had barely noticed the ghostly nature of the apparitions, except when his blade passed right through them; though perhaps that was more due to luck than skill. Jheral roared in triumph as he landed a solid blow, giving all his effort to offense and less to accuracy.

OOCStepping around behind enemy 4, to gain Outflank; this gives me +4 to my attack rolls. Full attack, one hit for 21 damage.

 

__________________
An Englishman is not adapted to this heat.
Maps for Wrath

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 05-13-2019 at 04:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 05-13-2019, 04:45 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 7676
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 3,074
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

Her great angelic shield did not disappoint! The blue blanket of celestial energy washes over her team with great effect, and more importantly to her satisfaction, it heinously scorches the evil servants.

AGAIN!-- Again she decides! Her ring has now been exhausted for today and holds inert, but the power of her shield can be unleashed once more. The staggered condition grips her still, but it is waning noticeably.

Maintaining her war chant of primal power, the creatures seem to be backing away, thankfully. She then drapes her whip over her shoulder for a moment and raises her now free hand up to her mouth. Slathering spit and saliva! She coats her open palm with a thick layer of saliva, then shoots another menacing blue eyed gaze at the demons before her.

THE COATED HAND IS THEN SLAPPED AGAINST THE SHIELD CREST AGAIN!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG!!!!-- The great shield rings out once more with the loudest pulse like a great church bell. Blue energy cascades and wafts and washes over the immediate area as before-- coating all allies in warm blue healing light... AND SINGEING THOSE EVIL CREATURES IN A 30FT Radius!!



Actions- Staggered condition round 2of2.
- Standard action: channel healing energy.
Dice Channel healing energy:
4d6 3, 1, 1, 3 Total = 8
- Healing in 30ft for 8 +7 additional. Forgive me, the +7 extra only counts towards healing allies and not damage to evil servants. Also the baddies are allowed a save vs. the healing energy for half damage taken.
- Those at full health now from healing energy last and this round, get an extra surplus of up to 7 temporary healing points on top of your full health number, as per oracle ability: Spirit Boost revelation

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 05-21-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:32 AM
Duxus's Avatar
Duxus Duxus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-31-2020
RPXP: 994
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Posts: 1,562
left-aligned image
It ends as fast as it started. Pais can once more see the creatures more clearly. He swears himself to fall into their foul magic.
"They are called Yuki-Onna's! They are restless undead, who want to freeze every living thing they see. Try to use your magic instead of mundane weapons!"
He yells to his team-mates, feeling inadequate to being so late to say these. What is the bard's use if he can't even recite lore about freaking undead creatures?
"If we can get them away from snow, they will fall!"
Looking around to the snow-filled room, bard feels a bit sorrier.

Feeling the rage build up inside him, he starts to yell at the creatures:
"Away, you starvelling, you elf-skin, you dried neat's-tongue, bull's-pizzle, you stock-fish! Thou art like a toad; ugly and venomous."
he takes a gingerly step backward.

OOC
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 05-21-2019, 04:12 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-30-2020
RPXP: 28811
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 24,336
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon, Round 4
Weather: Freezing (12°F), blizzard.


One of the undead that had stepped back now points an arm towards both Akarin and Vellusia. It unleashes a cone of cold that is even stronger than the already frigid air. 43 Cold damage to Akarin and Vellusia, DC21 REF save for half (21)The two will need to move quickly to avoid it.

Pais makes a valiant attempt to frighten the creatures away, but his See OOCwords fall on, well, dead ears.

Another of the Yuki-Onna now also returns to the frey, heading right for Pais. It strikes with its taloned hands once more. 17 HP Cold damage, DC20 Fort save V. chill Touch for 1 roundThe Bard is struck once by the Undead.

Now seeing an opportunity, the cleric starts to cast a spell, but stops just before he does, waiting for Jheral to move. Hold action until after Jheral. Jheral lost flanking because Pais moved first, but still hitAnd the Inquisitor does move and attacks one of the creatures, striking it with his Falcata.

PC-NPCNow, Perun says just one word to finish his spell and a wall of flame appears. Perfectly aligned, it roars over all three of the remaining undead! The final one, Jheral gets an AoO on NPC4suddenly engulfed in flame tries to escape backwards.


Akarin steps to the fire wall and the first Undead there and strikes at it, connecting through the flames once.

Finally Vellusia says a healing prayer for her and her allies as the tide of the battle turns.

OOC Round 4: This may be the last round. I NPC'ed Sak. Jheral gets an AoO on #4. Pais, I may have misunderstood the ability, but all 3 NPC's rolled higher than your 30 intimidate (10+CL+ WIS mod)
Also, PC HPs below may be off from healing.


 


 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF 1st & 2nd Ed., 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Oct 28, 2020: VOTE!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-22-2019, 07:29 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-26-2020
RPXP: 8665
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,579
 

Akarin raises his shield barely in time to protect himself from the ray of cold ice and frost that emanates from the evil cleric's hand. However, this does little to protect him as the frost seems to penetrate even his magically enchanted shield. He dare not dodge though: Vellusia is standing behind him, and she seemed to be a very capable healer in addition to a warrior. If he could help mitigate even a little bit of the blast from striking her, he knew that Vellusia could help keep him standing...

No sooner does this brief thought cross his mind, does he begin to feel the rays of warmth and healing blast his backside. It is a strange feeling, almost as if he is standing on the precipice between summer and winter, and the slightest step would send him into either season. The echo of Vellusia's ringing armor continues to push him forward, and he must strike down his foe now, lest he release another frigid blast at them.

"Roooawrrrrr!" Akarin shouts, a simple guttural battle cry, straight from his iron-clad diaphragm. Swinging his blade in a series of swift strokes, Akarin is better able to slide his blade deep into the ethereal body of his enemy. He grins briefly in satisfaction as he is even able to land a clean strike across the cleric's face with his shield, without the slightest interruption to his rhythmic attack.

 
__________________
Returning to a new normal w/ baby in tow. Let me know if I am starting to become extra irregular!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB