RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 05-23-2019, 05:33 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 14401
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,328
As the undead cleric retreated, Jheral
Dice Attack of Opportunity:
1d20+14sh21 (20)+14 Total = 34
1d8+12 (4)+12 Total = 16
lashed out, and a shadow fell beneath his blade. The shadow seemed to cut deep as well, a dark mirror of the sword, and the chamber dimmed for a brief moment as it struck. The thing was still moving, Jheral thought, so he
Dice Full Attack if possible:
1d20+14sh21 (12)+14 Total = 26
1d8+12 (4)+12 Total = 16
1d20+9sh21 (20)+9 Total = 29
1d8+12 (2)+12 Total = 14
stepped forward to finish it off. This time there was no confusion: a swift double strike, the heavy blade rising and falling, rising and falling again, was enough to finish the foe.

"Any more?" Jheral demanded, turning to look for his next target.

OOCJheral is actually on 125/114 HP (he has temporary HP). My action is to move and attack; if it's a 5-ft step please include the second attack roll. In either case I think Jheral's finished off #4. If #4 died from the AoO, Jheral will attack one of the others.

Jheral
left-aligned image

Male Half-Elf Inquisitor 11
AC: 28 T: 13 F: 25 ? HP: 125/114? Initiative: +8 ? Status: Healthy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melee: +1 Cruel Adamantine Falcata +17/+17/+10 (1d8+8, 19-20/x3)
Melee (Power Attack): +1 Cruel Adamantine Falcata +14/+9 (1d8+12, 19-20/x3)
Ranged: Composite Longbow (Str +5) +11/+6 (1d8+5) ? Range: 110'/1100' ? AMMO: 80/80
Spell Slots: 4xL1, 5xL2, 3xL3, 3xL4 (Spontaneous Caster)
__________________
I have a new job within the same company, and it will be a couple of weeks before I know my new posting schedule. Everything will probably be quite slow...

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 05-23-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-24-2019, 03:00 AM
Duxus's Avatar
Duxus Duxus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 944
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Posts: 1,456
left-aligned image
Pais is getting tired of this. As he tries to move away from these pesky creatures they come at him and strike him with their icy claws. Their beautiful facade breaks down and shows their actual hideous forms. Vellusia's encouring song helps Pais to find his mood once more. Even though he feels shaken by constantly getting beat down he finds enough energy to pull out a small love poem for these lovely ladies:
"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I have five fingers,
And the middle one is for you.
"

OOC
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-24-2019, 02:15 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 5954
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,593
some flavor...
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

Again the valiant tiefling maintains and holds his incredible stance just before Vellusia as to shield her and to do what he does best; Hack and Slash! This kind of cooperation is exactly what she hoped for, as this is how she was trained in the tundra north among her tribal family.

The beast of a half-elf, Jheral, devastates another foe with his gore and thirst for destruction! Ravenous he is! Unrelenting! She witness his fervor and secretly guards herself as to not ever get on his bad side, as his blood-thirst may be unquenching... Not to worry, his prowess is needed much on this fabled mission.

...The man of song looks to be faltering. The battle is weighing heavily on his spirits. He echos out another verse that shakes the foundations of the fight again! How menacingly intimidating his words are! The creatures look to be shaken, AND LOOK!-- some look to be catching fire!!

GAHHH-- Then a blast of cold, menacing, demon magic-- BURSTS from one of the creatures and corrupts Akarin and herself for a staggering amount of freezing and stiffening damage. HOLY GREAT KINGS OF THE NORTH! The moment is incredible! The air freezes instantly around them. Both Akarin and herself could do little to evade the blast, as it looks as if Akarin himself actually decided in the last instant, not to dodge out of the way of the blast, but instead receive the full brunt and maintain his defense over his companion. She grinds her teeth down hard to bolster her resolve. The favor must be returned! This will not be the day great friends! You shall not fall to this dark magic-- as long as a Tundra Maiden still stands with coursing blood!

AGAIN GREAT GUARDIAN!-- She raises her shield up high! Her strength is waning. Each application of this sanctified magic, bonded with bits of her own essence, is utterly draining to her vital energy! Secretly she is worried, her shield's celestial magic is waning... Hopefully this skirmish will end soon, leaving them victorious. Nevertheless!-- the shield must be exhausted as its magic is absolutely crucial in this situation. AGAIN GREAT GUARDIAN!--

BOOOOOOOONNNGGG!!!-- The magnificent shield rings out once more-- coating and coalescing her team in delightful sensations of splendor riding the precipice between summer and winter(!), as was precisely described. The creatures are hopefully singed further under the might of the celestial light!

GGOOOOOOOONNNGGG!!!-- Another application of light, but the shield is waning!-- this last application is obviously weakening its power, and requiring some extra material essence from herself. Normally a slathering of saliva is enough to erupt the great blue light, but a second and rapid emanation of healing requires fresh blood! She needed to drench her hand in her own warm blood and slap it against the center crest. Exhausted she is! Her eyes flicker in their glow. She sways and staggers trying to regain her balance.

'This may be the last, Great Spirit...' She has fallen to her knees. The second eruption from her shield was simply too much for her, and the blood requirement was costly. She raises her head once more, and her murky eyes catch the sight of Akarin and Jheral. They look strong. They look vibrant, Pais and Perun too, they all will survive, but she may not, as blackness begins to descend over her form with fatigue and trauma. 'Protect me Great Spirit. Protect me so I may see my heroes though this fight once more.' From her crouching position, she draws in a deep breath of cold to center herself. Then CRAACK!!-- she slams the edge-rim of her round shield against the ground, and stands from her low position in defiance! As she ascends the shield begins to transform and disassemble right in her very hands! It rolls out and unhinges, as like linked armor plates unrolling and locking into place. It reassembles now into a long and tower looking solid wall of a great shield. The smaller version a moment ago displayed a single etched feather in its Mithril center... But now, Behold, a great Angelic Wing stretches down in all of its grandeur, and covers the broad front of this new and enhanced defender. It shimmers in all its vibrancy. She grips her new shield tight with reinforced confidence, Try that again Demon Blast! You will not take me!! You will not take my team!!.



Actions
 

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 05-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 27856
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,962
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Freezing (12°F), blizzard.


When battles turn, then tend to do so quickly, and this one was no different. It was however, ominous as the group was just beginning to investigate this phenomenon. And it was blisteringly cold.

Blackmane's quick action was enough to dispatch another of the Yuki-Onna as it fled the fire. But the battle was not over. The first of the undead moved through the fire and past both Akarin and Vellusia. It seemed to be focused on the Cleric as if it knew he caused the fire. Perhaps it did, or there was another reason, but the outcome was the same.

The creature flailed at Perun, aiming for his exposed neck and was successful. The Cleric fell to the ice and snow covered ground in a pool of red, his head nearly severed. The wall of fire disappeared.

The Yuki-Onna made a sound that was much light laughter. It only last a moment as whatever Pais did caused it to stop and burst into flames! The now burning undead stood motionless.

The other undead backed away from the fire, bit still took damage from it, the flames doing more that what they may seem to. It looked around, confused perhaps, at the turn of events. Jheral wasted no time in attacking it and taking it down with ease.

Within moments there was calm – as calm as it could be in a blizzard, but at least the group of five...no, four, were no longer under attack. At the end, Vellusia sent a healing wave and everyone was back to full health; everyone except Perun.

Questions remained and there was little time for grief. Why were the Yuki-Onna there? What had caused this storm and all of its destruction? And the odd Bear seemed like it may have been someones pet?

What would they do now? Did they investigate further or was the Clerics death enough to send them all back home?

OOC Combat Ends


 


 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Current Status Here
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-28-2019, 04:50 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 14401
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,328
Jheral lowered his sword as the last undead fell. He smiled, relishing the victory, though he was careful to school his features back to their neutral expression when he turned to face the others.

"I see small rooms, a trapdoor, and that vortex," he said. "Vortex is likely the main problem, but we have time. Check the small rooms first. Kill what is inside. Then face the real problem with our backs secure."

Without waiting for a reply, Jheral cast a spell, disappearing from view. He walked over to the door at the south, his footsteps almost silent, and opened it. He was ready to strike, should anything be within: but he knew he had time to act, time to check all of the doors, if he did not have to fight immediately.

OOCHeroism is still active; it lasts 10 minutes per level. Casting Invisibility and going to open the door to A3.
__________________
I have a new job within the same company, and it will be a couple of weeks before I know my new posting schedule. Everything will probably be quite slow...
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-29-2019, 10:54 AM
Duxus's Avatar
Duxus Duxus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 944
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Posts: 1,456
left-aligned image
Battles usually happen fast. Only with experience, you are able to act through it in slow motion. But the last few moments were especially fast. Vellusia's invigorating energy required praise. Even though it hasn't been long young clerics demise required grief. But most pressing of them, the inquisitor's directives required attention. There isn't even time to discuss, he acted so fast. An exceptionally fast talker, Pais could only fit:
"Wait, hold on let's talk abo..."
He shakes his head. Instantaneous acting people, dedicating so little time for discussions. Pais looks around his companions.
"Well I guess I'll take the other one?.. I hope I won't take the one he took." Before vanishing, he shows which door he is going to pick to his comrades.

OOC
 


 

Last edited by Duxus; 05-30-2019 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Protection from Evil, thx WhiteStag :)
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:18 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 5954
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,593
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

The scene ended quickly, thankfully, although with much, much effort on her part and on the part of her team. Perun! Perun was ravaged and reamed, and mangled by on of the wanton foul creatures! He lay Slain undoubtedly, right there in the cold and thankless earth! Vellusia steps over to him briefly. His head has almost been completely dismembered from his body! The Horror! She quickly kneels down to him to try some forms of rehabilitation... but it is for not. Vellusia begins to sob. The damage to her companion is simply too severe. She fumbles with her hands, she tries to conjure up some healing light, but to no avail. His wound is absolutely devastating, and there is simply nothing she can do to save him. Lastly, before she leaves his side, she withdraws a palm full of pure silver powder. A handful of rich, and authentic pulverized, silver powder is produced and is held over Perun's forehead. She trickles a few granules from her hands and smears a small amount of powder on his bare skin. Next, some particles are administered on to his chest where his heart would be... In a silent and ceremonious whisper, Purity of Heart, and Purity of Mind, I now bless you fallen friend, for your light, your service, and your spirit be full and abundant now. Abundant with the creator's guiding light. Light that will direct you back to whence you came. To the eternal home and resting place of our grand Mother and Father on high... Be at Peace, son of the divine... Be at Peace for all Eternity...

Before she can collect herself, Jheral is up and eager to continue investigating this heinous chapel of sheer ice blast. He means to check the room to the immediate south. At the same moment, The man of Song, Pais, means to check the first northern room. The wind is still howling furiously, and her thoughts are scattered. Her first intuition is that they should stick together, but yes, time is of the essence, and unraveling this mystery with haste is essential. Pais, no where near clad for confrontation, goes off by himself... She then speaks out, as she must insert her idea:

Friends! The rushing of wind is exhausting, she raises the volume of her voice to compensate, Friends, if we are to split up, let us at least form two groups. Why not Pais and I be second venturers behind you two fierce fighters? Please, Akarin step before Pais and lead your northern investigation. I shall stand behind great Jheral to the south.

Lastly before the team separates, Vellusia readministers her sacred white salt just before the next actions are taken, as to not waste its potency. She realizes that she does not have much to spread amoungst, so she just douses Pais and herself, as they are the weaker of the four, and will in turn support the two melees. Once the blessing and Protection from Evil is imbued, she assumes her supportive position directly behind the newly invisible Jheral.


Actions- Free Action:: End raging song.
- Swift Action:: Collapse her tower shield back into its normal heavy steel shield form.
- Standard Action:: Cast Protection from Evil, Communal on herself and Pais only. Spell lasts 3 minutes on Pais, and 4 minutes on herself.

- Vellusia will accompany Jheral if team decides to follow her proposed plan. If not, we can decide on something else.

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 05-29-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-30-2019, 05:54 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 6267
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 4,785
 

Akarin stands over Perun's dead body as Vellusia says her prayer. The rage had left him, but not the drug which amplified his demonic blood. Whereas, Akarin might otherwise have felt sorrow and sadness, he instead felt a dark and bitter resentment at the fate of the cruel world. An hollow emptiness which reflected his previous experiences laying down the bodies of his dead companions.

Lost in his silent contemplation, Akarin lingers over Perun's dead body until Vellusia's voice calls him to action. With a simple nod of affirmation, Akarin heads follows Pais, keeping a guarded stance lest another of his companions be felled by these icy trials.

 
__________________
Travel 9/5-9/8: Posting Slow Down
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-30-2019, 06:48 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 27856
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,962
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Freezing (12°F)


With the death of the last Yuki-Onna, the intense blizzard stops. Some recall it is their nature to create such storms. While the cold, ice and snow remain on the ground, the wind and the downpour have ceased. This adds to the conclusion that the vortex is other-worldly, as it remains as it was. A decision is made to check the rest of the courtyard before they investigate the Vortex and the team splits into two pairs.

Vellusia makes a suggestion and no one objects, so she and Pais move to investigate a door to the left while Jheral and Akarin go to a door to their right. The first pair only find Sleeping quarters. These rooms served as homes to the sisters of the abbey, and to the matron mother. They lived very simple lives, and kept nothing of value for themselves. There are some signs of a struggle in these rooms, but nothing of value.

For Jheral and Akarin, the room, not much larger than a closet, is crammed with shelves bowing under the weight of many books. You can search it or move on.

Moving us forward.The other two doors reveal more sleeping Chambers for not dead Sisters of the Abby. The heavy trapdoor leads down to a cellar containing enough supplies for the small town to survive nearly a full month, including stockpiles of food and oil, and a decanter of endless water.

All that remains now seems to be the Vortex and you approach the broken wall leading to it with caution. Clearly it is not part of Nature or directly connected to the storm.


OOC I need perception checks please and INIT rolls. For the Vortex, Knowledge Arcana or The Planes.


 


 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Current Status Here
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-31-2019, 04:38 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 14401
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,328
Jheral quickly glanced into the library. He spent a few seconds looking around for signs of hostility; the books may be useful but reading them would be a task for later. More immediately, more urgently, there was the vortex. Jheral called across the room, still invisible:

"Nothing dangerous here. I'm pressing on. Follow close."

And then, invisible sword in his invisible hand, the nightstalker approached the swirling snow. He had never seen anything like it before, though he quickly scanned his
Dice Knowledge: Arcana and Planes:
1d20+8 (3)+8 Total = 11
1d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
memory of stories. His mind was focused on the present, though, as he
Dice Perception:
1d20+20 (18)+20 Total = 38
looked for possible threats and prepared to
Dice Initiative:
1d20+8 (11)+8 Total = 19
react quickly should anything happen.

OOCAssuming we spent less than 11 minutes searching, Jheral is still invisible. Heroism is still in effect.
__________________
I have a new job within the same company, and it will be a couple of weeks before I know my new posting schedule. Everything will probably be quite slow...

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 05-31-2019 at 04:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-31-2019, 08:27 AM
Duxus's Avatar
Duxus Duxus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 944
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Posts: 1,456
left-aligned image
Even though emptiness meant safety without any conflict, adrenaline rushes through Pais. It means they have to investigate the Vortex without any delays. It is time for the end of this adventure and hopefully the salvation of his hometown.

He walks next to Akarin and rests a gentle hand on his shoulder, without disrupting his invisibility spell he declares his position.
OOC
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-02-2019, 04:22 PM
WhiteStag's Avatar
WhiteStag WhiteStag is offline
All the world's a Stage..
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 5954
WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag WhiteStag
Posts: 2,593
Vellusia Silverstream
right-aligned image

None of the rooms yield any information or value. The team moves to the final and central room. The Vortex rages and spirals about in all of its supernatural madness, awe and wonder. The four huddle together, inspect the ominous elemental storm and reach back into their memories for stories and distant information around this spectacular anomaly.

The thing is frightening to her. She decides to imbue her team with another tribal spell of abjuration. A Shard of Ice is produced from a pouch. The icicle is held proudly before her. It looks as if its some sort of stalactite, only about five inches long. Vellusia says its cold... This piece of ice is always cold, yet never melts. It was a gift from Mother Oracle of her tribe, given to her on her journey against the returning tyrants...

Her blue, murky eyes begin to glow stronger as she fixes them on the shard held out in her hand. The Shard glows pale blue as her eyes adhere to it. And as the shard glows-- so does her teammates. A coating, a hardening of the auric field begin to be sensed. It's subtly visible upon close inspection. The faint blue bubble around the perimeters of the bodies settles in.

"Corren-cack! Estarr-rrrrack! Urrgar..." She rings out with commanding confidence. It is done! We are Warded against vile Freeze...

She then replaces the perpetual crystal... and lowers her faint and flickering eyes back down on the swirling menace. Bring It!


Actions- Standard Action: Cast Resist Energy, Communal on team. Everyone gets 2 minutes of COLD RESIST 20. Jheral only gets 1 minute.

- Prot from Evil, may still be active.
- Luck Bonus may still be active.
- +7 temp HP on top of full HP, may still be active. Lasts 7 minutes from when initially cast from channel healing aoe blast.

OOC
Dice Init:
1d20 1
Dice percep:
1d20+13 (16)+13 Total = 29
Dice know arcana:
1d20+9 (4)+9 Total = 13

 
__________________
"All that is gold does not glitter/not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither/deep roots are not reached by the Frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken/a light in the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken/the crownless again shall be King."

Last edited by WhiteStag; 06-03-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-03-2019, 10:04 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-15-2019
RPXP: 6267
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 4,785
 

Akarin follows the voice of Jheral, but there seems to be nothing in the remaining rooms. Even he can see that.

This left the apparent problem of the Vortex. Likely it was related to the god-forsaken shadow which seemed to be encroaching upon this land.

He kept his obvious opinions to himself as they approached, keeping his wits about him. His muscles bulged and tensed with apprehension. Something was amiss, but what was it?

 
__________________
Travel 9/5-9/8: Posting Slow Down
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; 06-03-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-03-2019, 11:46 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is offline
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 27856
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,962
Current Data
left-aligned image
Module 1 ♦ Chapter 1: Whitespire
Location: Whitespire Abby
Date: March 1
Time: Afternoon
Weather: Freezing (12°F)


left-aligned image

The walls of the rear courtyard of the abbey are covered on all sides with ice. At the center, jagged spires of ice sprout from the ground in an irregular circle, at the center of which a whirling snowstorm churns, ten feet across, and vanishing into the clouds above.

As soon as you begin to approach some of you spot them. Two creatures, part Elven and part white dragons are near the vortex. The seem to be speaking but turn and look towards you – those they can see. Before anyone can react, one points 27 HP damage, REF save DC18 for half.towards Vellusia and looses a bolt of lightening at the Oracle.



OOC You may all act now.


 


 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
Current Status Here

Last edited by Digorig; 06-03-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-05-2019, 07:39 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 14401
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 8,328
Jheral acted quickly. He moved, quietly, over the far side of the courtyard, keeping to the walls. Being invisible helped significantly, but he was practised at keeping to the shadows, and keeping his footsteps as
Dice Stealth:
1d20+52 (15)+52 Total = 67
Includes +20 for being Invisible
silent as he could. Of course, this slowed him down a little, but he made sure he was in position; better to strike a moment later than to miss the telling blow. In a moment he would strike, ending the protection of his invisibility; the cultists would be ready to retaliate. He would bring them down first.

OOCIt looks like a double move to get over there, so Jheral will try to get around behind the cultists. Next round he'll make a full attack.

 
__________________
I have a new job within the same company, and it will be a couple of weeks before I know my new posting schedule. Everything will probably be quite slow...

Last edited by HenryLockwood; 06-05-2019 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB