Game Thread Chapter 2 - A Forest Beyond the Trees - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wodine's Games > The Founding
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:01 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 24015
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 12,928
Currently
Date 28th of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Early Afternoon
Weather Drizzle 18 *C

Chaos Run
right-aligned image
The Corrupted Forest
Fire, blade, and divine justice flash and raged against the swarm of undead carrion birds but they were relentless. Finally the paladin invokes the power of his vengeful god and divine righteous strikes at the bloated repulsive scavengers dealing a mighty blow.

The flock of putrefied birds scatter not defeated but nevertheless dispersed. The stalwart party takes a moment to catch heir breath, but soon they hear a strange noise coming from the ground just down river. The ground sways and swells an unnerving and terrifying site and then the ground bursts and thousands of tiny beetles begin to pour from the ground. The putrid smell of death hangs heavily as the ground tears and fractures.

Someone screams RUN! and before anyone can question who, the party is on the move dragging the poor blinded Catrin by the hand.

The swarms of rotted beetles follow an occasional spurt of fresh beetles spewing forth from the ground just as some are left behind, more always seem to take the place. Running up river is all that keeps you ahead Ė they wonít go in the water, and luckily, they canít fly.

After running for over a mile, you begin to slow and luckily many of the beetle appear to have dispersed, but the forest here is different, and the water has turned murky and sulfurous smelling. The trees appear corpulent in form; both sticky and slimy, a layer of infectious ooze seeping from its every pore and orifice like a foul syrup. The grass is grey and brown, splotchy and barely covers the dirt.

A gentle low pitch hum pervades the air here, and the creek appears to be reaching a small still standing pond over in the distance, and the hum gets louder as you slowly approach.
OoC You are not currently in combat.
 

Hex map
 
__________________
Posting Status: Approaching 'caught up' status.
Like Pathfinder? Like Exciting Homebrew Worlds? Like Wodine? Apply for The Founding!
Don't be afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box.
  #122  
Old May 23rd, 2019, 10:49 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 6,310


Running along side Catrin, guiding her, Hawke runs with his comrades. He doesn't know who yelled to run, but it was it was good. As they slowed, then stopped to catch their breath.

"I think, it is safe to report that this place is not livable?"

He then looks at Catrin closely, to see just how damaged her eyes are.
 



 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."

Last edited by Seekr34; May 24th, 2019 at 01:39 AM.
  #123  
Old May 24th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 42940
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 14,640
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
Corrivander steps forward, grabbing Catrin's arm to steady her when she starts to trip.

He bends down and touches the water, moving it to his mouth to smell, but wisely holds off from tasting it This is definitely not potable, but what caused it to smell like this?. He then studies the ooze coming from the trees, trying to piece together the mystery of this place.

As he ponders the evidence, he turns to Catrin, his untrained eye looking at the slashing claw marks across her eyes and he wondered if she would ever be able to see again. He knew that if they were in a larger city, that magic could be employed to repair the damage - but in this place, such powerful magic would be extremely hard to come by.

"We have no choice, we cannot stay here. Up there, it looks like a clearing, a place we may be able to hole up. But that humming."

The halfling believes he knows who it was who had told them to run - and he also knew he was most likely just in that clearing. There was much they needed to learn - and more importantly, they needed a place to lick their ---

"WAIT!" he cries out.

Corrivander's eyes widen in alarm as a terrifying thought goes through his head. The putrid smell. The death and decay. Could it be??? he wonders?

The librarian moves quickly as he snatches a scroll from his backback. He quickly examines it before returning it, his eyes closed as he begins the casting. A silent prayer goes through his mind as he recites the words to the spell, praying that his theory was wrong.

 
  #124  
Old May 25th, 2019, 10:21 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 38106
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 10,711
Theo
left-aligned image
Theo looked around for the source of the call to run. It hadn't left his lips, but the advice was sound. He scooped Catrin into his massive arms and ran down the river. Her weight was nothing until his arms and legs started to shrink. "These things don't quit! Feel free to berate me now, but you can walk when you can see or we're safe." The mercenary said as he moved her from his arms and into a fireman's carry.

He was breathing hard by the time the group was safe. His arms, legs, and back screamed in protest. The savage tradeswomen was a lot sturdier, and she was better equipped than she seemed.

He paused to catch his breath. "What are we waiting for? Is it that sundered trickster?! It was him that told us to run wasn't it?! I knew he was watching us, though why is still in the air."

Time to breath meant time to think, time to think meant time to hurt and bleed. "Master Bookbinder, do we have time to lick our wounds at least? Those wolves bite was just as bad as their bark."



 

 
__________________
Hall of Fame Voting is live!

Let your voice be heard!
  #125  
Old May 26th, 2019, 04:43 PM
AximusLokar's Avatar
AximusLokar AximusLokar is offline
Chaos Bacon Whale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 13260
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Posts: 11,464
left-aligned image
When the ground had erupted in yet more vermin and the call to flee had gone out, Cina's mind already so wear that it could very well have been her to do so without realizing it, her feet were already moving. There is bravery in the face of adversity and then there's stupid, and then three steps past that there's trying to stab a thousand bugs one at a time while they eat you.

When they came to a halt Cina passingly examined their surroundings while trying to catch her breath, placing a hand over the bauble hanging from her steel blade's hilt and drawing strength from it to replenish some of the spellwork she'd already expended. 'Today is clearly not a day you want to run out of flame. Wait...what direction did we run? Crap...'

"Did anyone mark our heading? Those maps aren't going to do us much good getting back if we don't know where we are now, and new maps are going to be disjointed without a connection to what we've already done."

When Corrivander shouted Cina reacted with a word and slamming a hand against the run above her heart, a runic array shooting out over her skin before dulling down into a pale series of crisscrosses of light. "What? What is it now!?"

Restocking my Flame Blade spell and casting Ablative Barrier.
  #126  
Old May 26th, 2019, 06:10 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 9293
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,873
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

"The hell are you doing!" Catrin shouts angrily, as Theo scoops her off her feet and down the river. Her rage still was taking hold of her personality, and she struggled a bit, very nearly punching Theo in the face multiple times. But after a few minutes, she calmed down.

"Please tell me someone grabbed my axe," Catrin mutters in frustration as she is put down. She was in a foul mood. Catrin had a sense that they were in hostile territory even if she was blind as a bat. The very smell of the place where they were told her so.

"Just give me a moment, Hawke," she says, pushing his hands away. It was a nice gesture perhaps, but Catrin knew how to manage things herself, now that they were not immediately in the field of battle. She places both hands on her eyes and takes a deep breath. A soft glow begins to shine on her eyes. Slowly her vision starts to return, bit by bit.

But Catrin had a feeling that she wasn't going to like what she saw, regardless.

OOC
 

 
__________________
Dissertation crunch time until 6/1. Still want to be here. Still will be active. Your patience and forgiveness appreciated!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
  #127  
Old May 26th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5626
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 2,031
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image
 


"HOLD FAST, WARRIORS! WE SHALL MEET THIS NEW ENEMY WITH FURTHER STEEL AND FLAME! LET THEM KNOW THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF OUR CAUSE, AND STRIKE THEM DOWN WITH ALL Y-"

"WE ARE LEAVING, HERVOR!" Jurgen rushed forward, grabbing Catrin's axe and willing his legs to move with the utmost haste, encumbered as he was by his armor. The angelic helmet gave a frustrated shout, but followed suit above the party as they fled the newest horror to show itself beneath the shadow of the forest.

When the group had finally reached a point where they believed they were safe, Jurgen fell to his hands and knees, sweat dripping from his brow, his breath ragged as he tried to cool his burning lungs.

"ARISE, YOUNG AVENGER. NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR REST." Hervor landed softly in the soil to come face to face with the panting noble-to-be, prompting the holy warrior to shoot the faceless emissary a glare.

"Well thank you for stating the obvious, Teacher! What other lessons do you have for me today?!" Despite the heated response, Jurgen jolted back to his feet, and as he did so remembered the weapon he still had grasped in his hand.

"Cina? Maybe speak with Hervor here. She has a pretty good memory." With that terse order directed at the angel, the paladin walked over to Catrin and placed the haft of the axe into one of her hands, offering for her to grab it and reclaim the weapon. Hervor obliged, regurgitating information information based upon her memory of the map and of the steps they had taken, though she sounded quite put out with being so dismissed by her foppish charge.

"Your magic do the trick then?" Once the greataxe had been returned to its rightful owner, Jurgen then placed a hand on his holy symbol.

A quick prayer and one wave of Everyone gets 9 HPhealing later, the paladin then began to look around at the area, unsure of what to do next, looking as miserable and resigned as he had ever been since first coming to the New World.

"No, we definitely do not belong here. But apparently we need to make this place livable if we ever want to see home again. What a pleasant thought."

Jurgen cast a nervous glance at Corrivander as the halfling made his exclamation, a hand going to his blade as he wondered if they were about to be attacked again and if he would have time to at least brush up his hair. It was a mess!




 


 


 

Last edited by Crocodile; May 26th, 2019 at 08:40 PM.
  #128  
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:13 PM
Squeak's Avatar
Squeak Squeak is online now
Of the Fartnocker Clan
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 42940
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Posts: 14,640
Corrivander Bookbinder
left-aligned image
"The map can wait. We have something far more important to deal with." he says in an ominous tone.

"The buzzing. We have heard that sound before, prepare for danger." he says as he taps Catrin with his wand, bringing a bit of relief to her.

"There are no zombie plants in this immediate area, but the rot appears to be the same as that created by the plants. It is coming from upstream." he says, pointing with his knife.

"And that is where we must go. This taint, it must be removed. But first, we must heal up to the best of our ability. We cannot go into the devil’s mouth anything less than prepared." the halfling says as he examines Catrin’s eye, shaking his head.

"Jurgen, with your permission. Catrin could use a guide until we can get her eyes properly healed. I was thinking Hervor could help her."

 

Last edited by Squeak; May 26th, 2019 at 10:28 PM.
  #129  
Old May 27th, 2019, 01:34 AM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 6,310


Hawk runs with Catrin when suddenly Theo comes and picks her up and he continues to run. Once they settled, he tried to check Catrin's eyes, but wouldn't him. He shakes his head, if she wants to be stubborn, so be it. He looked around the area to where the are.
 



 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #130  
Old May 28th, 2019, 11:02 AM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 24015
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 12,928
Currently
Date 28th of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Early Afternoon
Weather Drizzle 18 *C

Now I see Catrin’s eyes slowly healed from her magic – she was lucky she was able to heal the wounds, the birds had done serious damage, though likely not permanent it would have taken days if not weeks to heal naturally.

This forest was once whole and proper like the rest of the island, but something had changed it – corrupted it, rotted it from the inside out.

It was likely intimately linked to the events which transpired in the colony, but the question was how, and was it reversable? It was likely the answers to these questions lie ahead near the pond where the fetid water was sourced. Collecting their items, the party slowly begins making their way further upstream, trying their best to avoid the pustulent oozing from the trees and rancid smells from the festering flowers nearby.

The hum grew louder as they approached the pond, but what was the source?
OoC You are not currently in combat.
 

Hex map
 
__________________
Posting Status: Approaching 'caught up' status.
Like Pathfinder? Like Exciting Homebrew Worlds? Like Wodine? Apply for The Founding!
Don't be afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box.

Last edited by wodine; May 28th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.
  #131  
Old May 29th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Imveros's Avatar
Imveros Imveros is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 38106
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Posts: 10,711
Theo
left-aligned image
Theo slowly backed away from Cat as he saw the rage in her rapidly opening eyes. She has to know it was necessary. Apologizing will only make things worse.

He took stock of his injuries as he pulled a rotted tooth from a dent in his armor. His armor had once again saved him from the worst of it. Yet another litany of bumps and bruises. Nothing a few flagons of ale and a good night's sleep couldn't cure. Neither of which was readily available nearby. The mercenary swore as he dug a shattered claw out of his shoulder. How do they always find the gaps? He gazed in Jurgen's direction, knowing it could have been worse.

He put a hand into his pack and pulled out the engraved wooden case retrieving the wand within. "Master Bookbinder, if you would be so kind as to awaken its magic on my behalf?" He let out a sigh as the wounds closed in a halo of light from the wand. Remembering Jurgen's rent armor, he walked over to his new friend. "Your decisive and self-sacrificing action against the master of wolves is what won the day. You deserve some of this too should you need it." Theo said as he offers the paladin the wand. "The same goes for anyone else who needs it. That fight was as brutal as it was short."

He walked toward the tainted river. "I fear you are right Master Bookbinder, our path leads us right into the maw of hell itself it would seem. Who are we to keep it waiting, eh?" Theo's false bravado, aided by the gentle drizzle. Only The Many knew how bad this smell would be without it.



 

 
__________________
Hall of Fame Voting is live!

Let your voice be heard!
  #132  
Old May 30th, 2019, 06:45 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2021
RPXP: 9293
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 5,873
Catrin Gantzlan
left-aligned image

Catrin is grateful to see her greataxe slowly appear before her eyes. It felt even better to place her hand on the familiar hilt. Some small comfort in this disgusting place...

Now that her vision had returned, she knew: it looked just as awful as it smelled.

"Thank you, Jurgen," Catrin says curtly to the man. It wasn't as gracious as it could have been, but Catrin was getting better at showing her appreciation for her companions.

As they continued along their path, Catrin looked at the others, "By the way, something has been bothering me... which of you shouted for us to run? It didn't not sound like any of you, but I was sort of half-blind and not really able to see who shouted out."

OOC
 

 
__________________
Dissertation crunch time until 6/1. Still want to be here. Still will be active. Your patience and forgiveness appreciated!
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
  #133  
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Seekr34's Avatar
Seekr34 Seekr34 is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Posts: 6,310


Hawk shrugs. "Wasn't me, when I heard the shout, I just automatically grabbed you and ran with Theo. Thought perhaps we were going to be overrun."

He looks at Catrin for a moment and the way acted and thanks Jurgen. Then he knew, she wasn't used to someone helping her. He doesn't know her story, but he understood the mind set. Traveling solo, he had trouble opening up. She did have a good question though, who DID shout to run?


 
__________________
Leaning against the wall, watching the others rush by him, he grins. "Go ahead, go get that treasure that's laying there. Be more for me after you die."
  #134  
Old Jun 1st, 2019, 01:46 PM
Crocodile's Avatar
Crocodile Crocodile is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5626
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Posts: 2,031
Jurgen Bauer
left-aligned image
 


As Hervor thought over their current location, something within her stored memory became at odds with the events which had taken place when the party had fled. It was a troubling observation, the last thing that the party needed while exploring this troubling place.

"I DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE VOICE THAT TOLD US TO RUN FROM AMONG OUR NUMBER, RAGESINGER. THAT MAKES IT ANOTHER UNKNOWN AMONG THE MANY WE ALREADY FACE WITHIN THIS FOREST. THIS ENTIRE ISLAND, IN FACT. NEVERTHELESS, WE SHALL TRIUMPH, WHAT IS ANOTHER TRIAL BUT FURTHER OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW ONE'S METTLE?"

"I would say it's another opportunity to get my wonderful skin covered in even more vile muck." Despite the grumble in his voice, the paladin threw a wide smile Theo's way as he took the wand, applying some amount of healing first to the arm where the undead wolf had done its best to tear it off, then to the rest of his body where the swarm had sought to tear him to shreds alongside the others. "My good man, you have my gratitude. And I'm happy to see someone else who appreciates the magnitude of what that horror did to my beautiful protective wear! Your own plate is wonderful enough that I pray it never meets a similar fate." The mountain born noble rubbed forlornly at the bite marks in his vambrace, looking for all the world as if a beloved pet had just died in his arms. "If for no other reason, we must return quickly to civilization to rectify this injustice."

"REYRGOR, GRANT ME THE PATIENCE TO WEATHER THE WORDS OF THIS FOOLISH CHILD."

"Oh as if caring about my equipment is more foolish than trying to convince the rest of us to fight a horde of undead beetles!" Jurgen folded his arms together in a huff, turning away from the fluttering angel. "Aesthetics are important. And shouldn't you be reading the aura in that direction for any more corrupted monstrosities?"

Hervor did not reply, instead calling on the guiding hand of her god as she cast her gaze ahead in the direction of the humming pond and taking note of any lingering aura of malevolence in the immediate area before her. Jurgen, for his part, brought out a floral, griffon patterned handkerchief and brought it up to his nose to try and block out the stench.

"Ugh, this place is wreaking havoc on my senses. I've half a mind to suggest we just burn it all and sort through the ashes later. Perhaps if I was more confident it would rid us of the source of all these undead, I would actually go through with it. But since when has anything in this place been so convenient?" Curious, Jurgen then decided to expand his own senses forward, because this pile of corruption certainly looked evil enough to be picked up by his detection. "I miss being able to have a good bath. The scented oils, the heated water, the lovely maids... oh, where did it all go so wrong? You try to throw one, one little party and then they..."

The lord-to-be got lost on this new train of thought, forgetting to pay attention to the way forward as he began to ramble about the various ways in which he had been wronged for just wanting to have some fun.




 


 


 

Last edited by Crocodile; Jun 1st, 2019 at 01:48 PM.
  #135  
Old Jun 1st, 2019, 09:01 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is offline
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 20th, 2021
RPXP: 24015
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 12,928
Currently
Date 28th of Aurielus (Summer)
Time Late Afternoon
Weather Overcast 18 *C

Ruinous Power The party crept forward keeping their eyes and ears open for signs of danger, while Hervor circle round looking for evil auras, though it was likely whatever evil dwelt here would make its presence known well before Hervor was able to identify it’s aura.

As they made their way towards the pond, they came over a small rise, Jurgen, ever the lucky member of the group, stomped rather unceremoniously onto a small flower, which promptly erupted into a torrent of a creamy white pus like substance which smelled something reminiscent of boiled fish heads and blood pudding. And it was sticky. Ever so sticky.

Just as everyone covered their mouths at the stench released by the foppish paladin’s misstep, their eyes were treated to something far fouler than anything they had smelled – to date.

In the distance stood a foul looking creature laughing in front of a cauldron bubbling and belching a rotten brew, while it danced and chanted, its tall and almost gelatin like form jiggling as it moved. What little of the festering creature’s skin can be seen beneath the discharge of innumerable sores is tinged with suppurant greens and vile browns. Bloody pus weeps continuously from its bloodshot eyes all a mockery of the lithe form hidden beneath the rot.

The constant droning hum’s source has become apparent – so many black flies fill the area that it is a wonder the trees do not sway from the gusts generated by the thousands of tiny wings. Several of flies, larger than dogs sit on some of the more pox marked trees, sipping up the rotting treebark with their massive proboscises. Bristling with coarse hairs, the enormous fly’s legs twitch just before one of them launches into the air on buzzing wings. Regrettably, these are not the foulest beasts in the clearing. Maggots the size of tree limbs writhe in tiny pools near chrysalises of the same size, but they are not alone, they are tended by several bipedal creature’s with human faces, elongated mouths with suckers, and wings on their backs like a fairy, only they are the translucent wings of flies. The clothes they wear are in various states of decay, but even at this distance it is apparent that the clothing would have been standard issue for members of the Imperium. Their eyes, a milky white color, do not register your presence.

Wake-Wake up. You wretched old thing. I have-have need of your power. Yes. The pustulent one wrings it’s hands together and those of you who are attuned to magic can almost feel the power surge. One of the trees across the cleared suddenly moans in pain, a face suddenly appearing in the bark; it is contorted with agony.

I’m awake. I’m awake. The tired old voice respond.

See-see now how your realm fails you? The Vile Mistress will not be denied. Xun’Gromol does her bidding. See the tree bow to the wind. See him break-break! The creature laughs a loud and twisted laugh not unlike what a donkey with a lung problem would sound like.

Give me your acorn and you will die-die. Refuse and you still die, just slow-slow. Xun’Gromol twists his hands again and a pale green set of chains appear from the aether wrapping around the talking tree spinning and digging into the already weakening bark.

Your… Mistress lost all those years ago… she will lose again… The strange tree creature continued to resist whatever was being done to him, but it was obviously taking a toll on him.

Suddenly one of the flies spots you standing on the rise futzing with the bilious goo Jurgen had sprayed across the hilltop. The grove goes eerily quiet for a moment as all eyes, hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of tiny little eyes, and some not so tiny, turn towards the party.

Interlopers! I thought tiny wings-wings were to deal with the mortals. Must be too strong for the tiny ones-ones. I have no time for you at the moment, but the rot will take you-you. It is inevitable. Liquefy their innards and feast my children-children. My work must not be interrupted! With that the vile creature doubled his efforts to distort the tree who bellowed in agony again.

You will never win! UUnngh.

Your forest will fall to rot-rot!

The flies and human-flies all move to attack you where you stand. Defend yourselves!
OoC Hawke and Theo may act. We will be following Initiative for this fight, feel free to post whenever on your turn I'll take care putting actions in order.
 

Hex map
Hawke Catrin Corrivander Cina Theo Jurgen
72/72 61/65 61/65 31/61 73/76 62/76
- - - - - -
__________________
Posting Status: Approaching 'caught up' status.
Like Pathfinder? Like Exciting Homebrew Worlds? Like Wodine? Apply for The Founding!
Don't be afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box.

Last edited by wodine; Jun 2nd, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB