RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9109
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
OSIRS: Human Resource Archive

OOC: Post your current Alternity Character Description here.If you are looking for the tutorial on how to make your character description, go to the Hoffmann Institute Academy here.

Your character description is all that you'll need to play but if you really want a full character sheet to track your character, feel free to use this fallible Alternity 2.0 character sheet (attached below).

Since its very helpful to EVERYONE (the players and the GM will want to see your details, etc. as we play), please link your CS (Character sheet) to your Forum Name. See the instructions below if you need help with this.

Combat Posts and the DASHBOARD

For all combat posts, please include the following stats block and action summary in a spoiler at the end of your post. You may wish to store this example in the Notes section of your character sheet.

Like this:

This area will list Institute Personnel who are available to your particular mission or cell.

All Hoffman Employees are reminded of Directive 304.B

Quote:
304 (B). Discretion in Unusual Circumstances
i. All members and recruits (provisional appointments) of the Institute are expected to keep activities out of the public eye. The Institute is not a public agency and it wishes to avoid legal and criminal entanglements. Any and all measures are approved to maintain that condition.
ii. All members and recruits of the Institute should take precautions to prevent evidence or eyewitnesses from spreading knowledge of the Institute’s research. At the same time, all reasonable good-faith efforts should be made to provide the Institute with clear, complete records and documentation of unusual events.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alternity2018_CharSheetAutoFillable.pdf (449.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by savoylen; 09-05-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Notice: Request CRS Report # AX-08A77-00003 "Organization Chart Summary"

For new hires, but not only for them, there is also a complete organization chart of the Hoffmann Institute.

Be sure to familiarize with the structure of the organization we all work for.

Robert Patterson, Personnel Facility Chief.

Current Cast Member Archetype Player
Reuben MacDougall Survivor Airdish2
Magnus Gustaf (Timbre) Battler ogamodyna
Dr. Soo-ah (수아) Song Mentalist MoonZar
James Smith Unremarkable Neil
Amelia Parsons Hacktivist SalmonMax
Zella Hekori Witch Librarian Humble Athena
Dmitri Caruso Anarcho-Taoist Illuminati Agent nickostopheles

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hoffmann Cast v201910.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	81907  

Last edited by savoylen; 10-15-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Lucky Sevens

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1147
Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2 Airdish2

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-05-67908
Band: 09 01-18
Clearance: Restricted
*OSIRS Notation End*

Reuben MacDougall
Archetype: (Survivor) The night has teeth, and I am the wind.

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Awareness 10/15/20
Initiative 9/14/19
Action Points: 1
Speed 20 meters
Str 4, Agi 6, Vit 4, Int 4, Foc 5, Per 3

DURABILITY
Vitality 4 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
1–3 [] [] No ill effects.
4–6 [] [] No ill effects.
7–9 [] [] –1 step penalty to all checks
10–12 [] [] –2 step penalty to all checks
13–15 [] [] –3 step penalty to all checks
16+ [] Incapacitated

SKILLS AND TALENTS

Combat Skills

Dodge (Agi) 9/14/19 (5)
-2 step when Evading
Willpower (Foc) 10/15/20 (5)
Hand-to-Hand Combat (Agi) 12/17/22 (2)
- knives +1
Firearm Combat (Foc) 9/14/19 (5)
- pistol +1

Noncombat Skills

Acrobatics (Agi) (includes zero-G movement) 12/17/22 (2)
Awareness (Focus) (your perception skill) 10/15/20 (5)
Driving (Agi) 12/17/22 (2)
Medicine (Int) 15/20/25 (1)
- first aid +1
Culture (Int) 15/20/25 (1)
- United Kingdom Lore
Security (Agi or Int) (includes bypassing locks or cameras with proper tools) 12/17/22 (2)
Stealth (Agi or Foc) 9/14/19 (5)

TALENTS
Alertness, +2 to Initiative Checks
- Hit the Dirt, when an attack is first declared, go prone as a reaction.
Gunslinger, You can draw one or more pistols as a free action when you attack with a pistol
- Disarming Shot, On an excellent shot or better hit, you can reduce the damage to 1 and disarm an enemy holding a weapon or object in one hand.
Elusive, Ranged attacks against you that originate from medium range (20m) or longer take an additional -1 step penalty.
- Combat Crouch, you gain an additional benefit from cover. Attackers take an additional -1 step penalty when they attack you as long as you have at least 25% cover.

ATTACK ACTIONS
HAND TO HAND AND MELEE WEAPONS
Weapon Skill Type Speed Damage Special
Unarmed Hand Brawl 3 1d4 + 0/3 physical
Combat knife Hand Knife 3 1d4 + 1/5 physical

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS
Weapon Skill Type Rg Mag Speed Damage Special
Light pistol Firearms Pistol M 10 3 1d6 + 1/5 physical
Shotgun Firearms Assault M 5 4 1d8 + 0/5 physical +1 wound at Close

GEAR
Leather Coat, Pistol (standard issue), shotgun (standard issue)

Character Notes: Reuben leans back in his seat, smirking through an almost unintelligible Scottish brogue: “So ye wanna ken my past, eh? Before you blokes picked me up from that posh mansion with the bloodsuckers what killed me mates, I was a criminal. Gun-boy for tuh Gallowgates. We were tipped for tuh riches by a posh boy in a pub, turns out the Vampires just wanted a spot o’ fun and the red wetness. It weren’t just luck that I lived to see you boys rushin’ the door: my Grampy Fi told me stories about monsters liken to these, kept me livin whilst the others shuffled off their mortal coils. Grampy told me lots of wonderful things to fill me nightmares...” Reuben leans forward, a gleam in his eyes: “...now I’ll be guessin that they weren’t just yarns.”

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rueben.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	80380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rueben_t.png
Views:	2
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	81598  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13600
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-05-40674
*OSIRS Notation End*

Magnus Gustaf
Archetype: (Battler) Retired mercenary with a past.

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Awareness 13/18/23
Initiative 12/17/22
Speed 20 meters
Str 5, Agi 3, Vit 6, Int 3, Foc 5, Per 3

DURABILITY
Vitality 6 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
1–3 [] [] [] [] No ill effects.
4–6 [] [] [] No ill effects.
7–9 [] [] [] –1 step penalty to all checks
16+ [] Incapacitated
SKILLS AND TALENTS

Combat Skills (15 points)
Armor training 1 14/19/24
Resilience 4 10/15/20
Willpower 2 13/18/23
Firearm combat 2 13/18/23
-Assault Weapon +1
Melee Combat 2 13/18/23
-Striking weapon+1
Hand to Hand 3 12/17/22
-Brawling +1
-Knives +1
Athletics 1 14/19/24

Non-Combat Skills (12 points)
Awareness 2 13/18/23
Endurance 3 11/16/21
Medicine 2 15/20/25
-First Aid +1
Security 1 16/21/26
Survival 2 12/17/22
Dodge 1 16/21/26
Academics 1 16/21/26
-History+1
FX (7 pts)
Nordic Theism 3 (Int/Foc 5) 12/17/22
- Blood Rune Ward Eight pulse runic work provides +3 armor until the benefit is used. Once used it must be reapplied after the current scene to work again.
- Runic Vision 1 11/16/21 ten minute divination gives best course of action out of a number of requested options.
- Greater Shield of Terror 12/17/22 AoE of 2/4/10 meters depending on success rolled. Enemies experience horrific visions and emotions that provide -2 step penalty to roll.
- Looking glass 1 11/16/21 10 meter AoE provided allies with clear picture of all results of their actions. Skill checks are made at +1, -1 point of distraction to willpower checks.
-Sleep thorn 1 11/16/21 30 meter ranged sleep attack resisted by mental resolve or willpower check at -1/per success of the caster
-Stave of Walking dead 1 11/16/21 8pulse ritualistic engraving on corpse to awaken it for questions to be asked. Recent death +2, +1 shift after one hour post death. -1 for each three days post death.
-Landvaettir Landwights or ancestral spirits appear and add +2 defense to any attacks against the character. If caster takes damage within duration of 2 rounds+1/skill rank he must make a will check or the rune is disrupted.
-Ghost Stave Exchanges 1/2/3 stress boxes between two people. +1 shift if the donor of healing is the caster. One person is healed and the other takes the damage.
Psi
---

TALENTS
Gunner When you use the Aim action with a heavy weapon you do not add a delay to your next action.(No time penalty for aim with a heavy weapon or full auto action with a heavy weapon.)
- Cover Destruction, When you attack a target behind cover, you can choose to reduce the target's cover by two steps for this attack. If you do, reduce the damage of the attack by 3.
Melee Expert, You gain a +1 step attack bonus when you use the charge action modifier to attack with a melee weapon.
- Lunge, You can make a melee attack against enemies 4 meters away from you.
Rugged, Gain bonus wound boxes on the graze and light wound rows of your durability block.
- Extra Rugged , Gain a bonus wound box on the moderate wound box.

ATTACK ACTIONS

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS
Heavy pistol Firearms Pistol M 10 4 1d8 + 1/6 physical
Battle rifle Firearms Rifle VL 20 3 1d8 + 3/8 physical

GEARMk14 Enhanced Battle Rifle/ DMR/assault weapon. Raging Judge heavy revolver. Tac vest with carbon fiber plate holder front, back, and side panels. (Not normally worn). Also a "rune enhanced" entrenching tool in a sheath.(Also, Not normally worn)

Character Notes: Well, yea I've got some difficulties. That's part of why I'm here. I know I'm not crazy, but I've fought a bitch that looked like a tree and tossed fire, and I've been manipulated by supernatural tricksters. I believe in elves, dwarves, eldritch powers and magick among other things. But I ain't nuts. And yea I've survived things that might kill most folks. That wasn't my imagination either. I figure you people can probably use me without taking me apart to see how I tick. I can't say as much for some of the other alphabet agencies out there. What do I mean by that? Look we both know your little tests pointed out an oddity or two. Let's just say some of the people in power that I've talked to would be more likely to want to dissect a guy rather than let him use his skills. So we got a deal? I help you with stuff, you help me stay off any radar that might get my bits and pieces removed by guys in lab coats?

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TH0.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	80398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnus_t.png
Views:	88
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	81606  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:58 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-06-65993
*OSIRS Notation End*

Dr. Soo-ah (수아) Song
Archetype: (Mentalist) Pay attention to your inner voice, I will see you in there!

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Awareness 15/20/25
Initiative 11/16/21
Speed 20 meters
Str 3, Agi 4, Vit 4, Int 5, Foc 4, Per 6

DURABILITY
Severity Wounds Effects
16+ [] Incapacitated

SKILLS
COMBAT (2 points)
Firearm combat (Foc 4) 1, 15/20/25
Dodge (Agi 4) 1, 15/20/25

NON-COMBAT (9 points)
First Aid, forensics, pathology, surgery, treatment, cybernetics or pharmaceuticalsMedicine (Int 5) 5, 10/15/20
- Surgery (Int 5) 2, 13/18/22
- First Aid +1
- Battlefield Medicine +1
Influence (Per 6) 2, 12/17/22

Psi (24 points)

Psi Skill Rank Success Bands
ESP (Int 5) 5 10/15/20
- Battle Mind * 1 14/19/24
- clairaudience 10/15/20
- clairvoyance 10/15/20
- empathy 10/15/20
- mind reading +1 9/14/19
- postcognition 10/15/20
- psychometry 10/15/20
- sensitivity 10/15/20

Telepathy (Per) 5 9/14/19
- contact 9/14/19
- drain * 2 12/17/22
- empathic projection 9/14/19
- illusion 9/14/19
- mind blast * 4 10/15/20
- mind shield 9/14/19
- mind shred * 4 10/15/20
- psychic armor 9/14/19
- psychic projection 9/14/19
- suggest +1 8/13/18
- tire 9/14/19

Telekinesis (Foc 4) 3 13/18/23
- levitation 13/18/23
- photokinetics 13/18/23
- psychokinetics +1 12/17/22

TALENTS

Medic, You gain +1 step bonus on Medicine checks made during combat.
- Don't You Quit On Me, Your successful Medicine checks to stabilize someone count as an additional success (2/3/4 successes on Av/Ex/St check results).
Rapport. Your telepathy allows you to communicate with a sentient creature with an intelligence or 2 or higher.
- Branching Network, You can communicate telepathically with up to five other creatures at once.
Commander, You gain a +1 step bonus on Coercion or Influence checks made during combat.
- Combat Leader, As an action, make an influence check to spur your allies on to greater effectiveness. If you succeed, designate an enemy. Your allies each gain a +1 step bonus on their next attack against that enemy in this scene. Allies who can't communicate with you don't get the step bonus.

ATTACK ACTIONS

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS

GEAR
Light Pistol, 2 mags of 10 bullets each. Applewatch, iPhone X, Laptop, Handbag, Pepper spray, medkit & surgery kit.

Character Notes
You know, I just wished for a normal life. I had a good job at the hospital, a nice house, fancy car. Everything just went upside down the day my mind opened like a pandora box after I got electrocuted by my hairdryer. Not my brightest moment I assure you. Not sure what happened but I began to hear everybody thoughts when I woke up, it felt powerful and terrifying at the same time. Thank god I was picked up eventually by the Hoffman Institute to learn how to use my gift. I think now I'm ready to hit the field and use my powers to protect the mundane and save as much lives as possible.
Dr. SongDoctor Song is a young pioneer in neuroscience, neurosurgery and various psychological conditions related to brain damage. She is passionate about the human mind in general, studying alternative medicine and techniques to cure the mind. Using her powerful psionic abilities, this gives her an edge over all her peers to understand patients conditions and diagnose the right treatment. As a prodigy, she completed her medical studies and specialties five years ahead of time, and completed her first brain surgery at the age of 22. In Seoul, she opened her own clinic at the age of 26 and started to have an international reputation with people coming from far away to get a diagnostic from her. Everything changed the day she was recruited by the Hoffman Institute, a hard choice to put behind such a promising and lucrative career on hold. She believes she can have a larger impact on humanity by becoming a secret agent and flourish her telepathic gifts.

Moving to NYCAfter joining the HI, Soo-ah sold her practice and relocated to New-York City. The good doctor bought a fancy townhouse in Upper East Side with the money she made in the last years and her signing bonus with the institute. She is from Seoul, so she acclimated quickly to the big city, however the culture shock was significant. Speaking English with a strong accent, she had a couple of bad experience with the locals. What she read from their mind is generally quite different from Korean. Men have dirty thoughts at all time and hope for a chance to get laid with her and women are intensively jealous, some others are simply racist and don't like Asian in that country. In any case, she became very popular in the local bars after work and made a lot of friends. She trained very hard at the institute and spent most of her free time working at the Lenox Hill Hospital about two times a week to keep operating and improve her skills.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dr.Song.png
Views:	16
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	80450   Click image for larger version

Name:	drsong-portrait.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	80470   Click image for larger version

Name:	sitting 2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	80562   Click image for larger version

Name:	watch.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	80624   Click image for larger version

Name:	luxury-women-hermes-used-handbags-p129692-0001.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	80635  

Name:	Song_t.png
Views:	3
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	81600  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:26 PM
Jackie Paper's big fan.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3775
Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-06-00442
*OSIRS Notation End*

James Smith
Archetype: Unremarkable

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Awareness 11/16/21
Initiative 10/15/20
Speed 20 meters
Str 3, Agi 4, Vit 4, Int 5, Foc 6, Per 4

Severity Wounds Effects
16+ [] Incapacitated

TRAITS
Alertness, +2 steps bonus on initiative checks
- Hit the Dirt, You can go prone as a reaction to a declaration of an attack against you.
Elusive, Ranged attacks against you that originate from medium or longer range suffer an additional -1 step penalty.
- Combat Crouch, You gain additional Benefit from cover. Attackers take an additional -1 step penalty when they attack you as long as you have at least 25% cover.
Spy, You have a false identity - a "legend" as it is known in the business. Your true identity comes to light only under rigorous background checking that usually requires several days. A false identity also comes with one Average-level contact who believe your legend. You can "burn" your identity to stymie an effort to locate you or take you into custody. If you have to burn your false identity you can create a new one in 10 days.
- Access, The contact you gain with your false identity is Excellent, not Average.

SKILLS

Combat Skills (9 points)

Armour Training (Int) 1 14/19/57
Dodge (Agi) 1 15/20/25
Willpower (Foc) 5 9/14/19
Melee Combat (Agi) 1 15/20/25
- Striking Weapon +1
Primitive Weapon Combat (Foc) 1 13/18/23
- Bow +1

Non-Combat Skills (20 points)

Awareness (Foc) 3 11/16/21
Computer (Int) 3 12/17/22
- Hacking +1
Well travelled journalist - a smattering of just about every languageCulture (Per) 1 14/19/24

Endurance (Vit) 2 14/19/24

Misdirection (Per) 5 11/16/21
Profession (Technical: CascadesInt) 3 15/20/25
- Journalist/Blogger +1
- Photographer +1
Security (Foc) 2 12/17/22
Survival (Foc) 1 13/18/23

--FX-- (6 Points)
Illusion (Foc) 2 12/17/22
- Conceal 1 13/18/23
- Static image +1

Mesmerism (Foc) 2 12/17/22
- Forgetfulness 1 13/18/23
- Hypnotize +1

ATTACK ACTIONS

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS

GEAR

Camera, microphone, lenses, mac.

James SmithIt started like, well if you are like me, at-all like me, you'll know what I mean:

You go into a bar and it doesn't matter where you stand, or how big the note you wave in your hand, it's always the people either side of you that get served. No matter how hard you try you just can't seem to catch the barstaff's eye; they just serve everyone else.

Depressing isn't it. Well it was for me anyway - the more I was ignored the more depressed I got and the more depressed I was the less I wanted to be noticed... Maybe you've been there?

So, one day I got so fed up of being ignored I just walked round the bar and poured my own beer. I didn't care if I got thrown out - I just didn't care about much of anything by then. But I didn't get thrown out - no body noticed.

It became a thing, and it got to where a bar didn't even have to be busy and then one day I was - I'm a photo journalist by the way - I was at a demonstration and this riot broke out and I was there in the middle of the whole thing just snapping away and everyone ignored me - more than ignored me, went round me and carried on. It was the strangest thing.

Yeah I know that's was weird right but then it got even stranger. It was like even machines couldn't be bothered anymore. I forgot my pin and was like you know - how am I gonna get cash now? and the thing didn't even bother to ask. It just gave me the money - I mean I could have been anybody, it could have been anybody's card.

So that was when I knew, that was when I said "Stop. This is not just me being boring - this is a THING. I looked it up - Glamour the Irish call it, so I have The Glamour - paradoxical or what? Right?"

Pictures you see - I take pictures, freelance, sell them, but I can take pictures others cannot. I can see things others cannot, I can see past the glamour of others just as they can see past mine but we don't always know each other for what we are until we see that others can't. It's a club - a lonely club perhaps but a club none-the-less - and I was never in a gang at school so it's nice to be in one now.

---

I'ld been taking pictures in this area for a while. It had interested me that part of Charleston, and I wondered if I might do serious piece on urban degeneration. And on this day - I had pictures of space holes and who knows what - it really kicked off. And then BOOM!

I wasn't sure what to do with all the pictures - I knew the normal papers wouldn't touch them but I had contacts, there were places where folks would buy pictures that belonged in a science fiction movie or horror film; there were collectors and agencies. So after reducing the options I post them with the normal copyright and disclaimers.

I was quite impressed when they found me - no really. It's not often someone comes to my front door. Even the post guy struggles with the box at the end of the drive.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	missing_person.png
Views:	11
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	80530   Click image for larger version

Name:	m(1-4)-g_an_m(1-32)-s.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	81120   Click image for larger version

Name:	James_t.png
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	81601  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Timbre (German Shepherd Companion)
right-aligned image
*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 14-12-05975
Band: 07 01-18
Clearance: Confidential
*OSIRS Notation End*

Asset Quality: Excellent
Archetype - Theme: Battler - Do right and fear no one

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses Enhanced
Awareness 10/15/20
Initiative 10/15/20 +2
Action Points: -
Speed 40 meters
Intelligence: Animal (Enhanced)

DURABILITY
Vitality 5 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
16+ [] Incapacitated

Skill: Bite +2, ATTACK 12+, 1d4/2d4 physical
This ability allows Tembre to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell.Awareness-Scent, +2, Check 14+
Feature: The growl of this dog is a terrifying sound that sends many who hear it running. It provides a +2 shift bonus to its Coercion skill (used to scare off targets).Growl of the Beast

GEAR: Hoffman GPS and IDENT implant
GEAR: Hoffman Kevlar Dog Vest: Armor: 2 (Physical) 1 (Energy)
Species Notes: readily follows its human around and obey's whatever commands he or she is trained to followLoyal, teamwork bonus of the companion to +1 shift in situations when working with the dog to complete goals is possible.Partner

FATE: MIA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Timbre_t.png
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	81605  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:33 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1151
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Amelia Parsons
right-aligned image

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-09-99305
Band: 010 01-18
Clearance: Departmental
*OSIRS Notation End*

Amelia Parsons
Alias: Death Otter, Alias: D3@tH 0Tt3r
Archetype: Hacktivist Hurler of Molotov Truth-Bom-Ombs
House Sigil: Upraised finger middle rampant on field of eye-searing cobalt
House Words: 'To Troll is Human'

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses: normal
Initiative 10/15/20 +2
Speed 20 meters
Str 3, Agi 5, Vit 3, Int 6, Foc 5, Per 3

DURABILITY
---
Vitality 3 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
13–15 [] –3 step penalty to all checks
16+ [] Incapacitated

SKILLS AND TALENTS
Combat Skills 7 Points

Skill (specialty)RankAbilitiesSuccess Bands
Firearm 2Foc 13/18/23
- Pistol +1   
Hand-to-Hand 1Agi 14/19/24
- Brawling +1   
Resilience2Vit 15/20/25
Willpower2Foc 13/18/23

Non-combat Skills 26 Points
Awareness3Foc12/17/22
Athletics1Str16/21/26
Deception 1Per16/21/26
Computer 5Int9/14/19
- Hacking 4  
- Cryptography 4  
Dodge1Agi13/18/23
Security 5Int9/14/19
Stealth 1Foc14/19/24

Mindwalking - FX 2 Points
Datalink 2 Per 15/20/25

Talents
Name Description
Alertness 2 Step increase to Initiative checks
Drone Expert Drones obey orders in 1/2 time, gain +3 bonus to atk but take 1 damage
Computer Psi Grants Access to Telepathy/Datalink once Requireds are met.

ATTACK ACTIONS
Unarmed Hand Brawl physical 3 1d4 + 0/3 physical  

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS

GEAR
Laptop Computer (Average Processor, 4 Active Memory Slots)
Currently loaded
- Anonymous
- Encryption
- Data Link
- Netsearch

Programs
- Data Link
- Decryption
- Encryption
- Netsearch
- Evade
- Lockpick
- Anonymous

Character Notes: -
Death Otter was approached for recruitment after she made contact with a Hoffman Institute email address that laid out in meticulous terms the results of what had been an ongoing, privately conducted surveillance of Institute actions via electronic media (see Case# 01426-77, appdx C for details). In this email she outlined that while she wasn't 'thrilled' with the secrecy surrounding Institute actions, she 'respected' the actions themselves, and wanted to talk.

The decision was made, with a thin majority of stakeholders, to attempt to bring her into the fold before more draconian tactics were resorted to. Two agents responded to the request for a meeting, and after navigating a few misdirections apparently set up by Ms Otter in case the other decision had been reached, contact was made.

At this meeting, and at several interviews following, Ms Otter explained her interest in the Hoffman Institute was driven as an extension of her interest in fortean, or 'impossible' phenomena. While she disagrees in principle with the Institutes policy of secrecy, she agreed to abide by it until and unless such time as that policy was changed...while warning that she'd be advocating for changing it.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Amelia_t.png
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	81602  

Last edited by savoylen; 09-15-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:07 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31509
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Zella Hekori
right-aligned image

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-09-31471
*OSIRS Notation End*

Name: Zella Hekori
Archetype: Witch Librarian

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Initiative 10 / 15 / 20 +2
Speed 20 meters
Str 4, Agi 4, Vit 3, Int 5, Foc 6, Per 4

DURABILITY
---
Vitality 3 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
1–3 [F] [] No ill effects.
13–15 [] –3 step penalty to all checks
16+ [] Incapacitated

SKILLS AND TALENTS
35/35 SP used

Combat Skills 8 Points

Firearm 1 Foc 6 13 / 18 / 23
Hand-to-Hand 1 Str 4 15 / 20 / 25
Melee Str 4 / Agi 16 / 21 / 26
Primitive Weapon Agi / Foc 6 14 / 19 / 24
Resilience 1 Vit 3 16 / 21 / 26
Willpower 5 Foc 6 9 / 14 / 29

Non-combat Skills 8 Points

Academics 4 Int 3 16 / 21 / 26
- Esoteric Knowledge +1    
- Ancient History    
Acrobatics Agi  
Athletics Str 4 16 / 21 / 26
Awareness 1 Foc 6 13 / 18 / 23
Coercion Per 4 16 / 21 / 26
Culture 1 Per 4 16 / 21 / 26
- Witch +1   
Deception Per 4 16 / 21 / 26
Dodge Agi 4 16 / 21 / 26
Empathy Foc6/Per 16 / 21 / 26
Influence Per4 16 / 21 / 26
Misdirection 1 Per4 15 / 20 / 25
Profession 1 Int 4 15 / 20 / 25
- Academic Research +1   
Resilience Vit 3 17 / 22 / 27
Science Int 5 15 / 20 / 25
Stealth Foc 6 14 / 19 / 24

FX- 19 Skill Points

Skill (specialty)RankSuccess Bands
Hemomancy (Vit 3) 4 13 / 18 / 23
- hunger * 1 16 / 21 / 26
- lifeblood * 1 16 / 21 / 26
- reciprocity * 1 16 / 21 / 26
- stigmata * 1 16 / 21 / 26
- thicker than water +1

Skill (specialty)RankSuccess Bands
Witchcraft (Foc 6) 5 9 / 14 / 19
- Blight of Ages * 1 13 / 18 / 23
- Call Familiar * 1 13 / 18 / 23
- Cast the Circle +1 9 / 14 / 19
- Crones's Curse 9 / 14 / 19
- Divination 9 / 14 / 19
- Earth Harvest 9 / 14 / 19
- Part the Veil * 1 13 / 18 / 23
- Maiden's Blessing 9 / 14 / 19
- Mother's Touch * 1 13 / 18 / 23
- Out of Season * 1 13 / 18 / 23
- Spellbind 9 / 14 / 19
- Ward of Protection * 1 13 / 18 / 23

Talents
Name Description
Alertness You gain a +2 step bonus on initiative checks.
The Talent Access to Witchcraft
Vamped Access to Blood Magic

ATTACK ACTIONS
Unarmed Hand Brawl physical 3 1d4 + 0/3 physical  

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS

GEAR
Weapons as noted above

Character Notes:

Shortcut to Witchcraft Info

Introduction to the Institute
For nearly as long as she can remember, Zella has been a collector and curator of books both mundane and esoteric. That latter fact has, in the past, brought agents of the Hoffman Institute to her library in search of answers. Though she played coy at first, once she learned of the Institute's mission, she agreed to grant access to select agents who pleased her sensibilities. At that time, neither considered the other an ally; to the Institute, she was an uncertain resource. To her, they were worker ants doing their job in maintaining the world's order, as she was doing her job in preserving knowledge.

After the destruction of the Charleston Branch, she began to notice changes, more things skittering about in the dark spaces between days, and the like. She didn't think much of it, until an older agent came- not to peruse her library, but to speak with her. She entertained him with tea by the fire, but when he suggested that she join the Institute, she was shocked and quickly declined. After all, she was not a worker ant; she had been doing her job, even if they had been failing in theirs. Still, he left a card for her. And after he was gone, she stared at it for a long time. Slowly, she began to remember. She had been someone else once, someone with more drive, more impulse, more... initiative. She tried to push away the flashes, the memories, but over the next couple days and nights, they grew stronger. A week after his visit, she walked out of her library with his card in her hand, and followed to the address embossed on the front.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Zella.png
Views:	4
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	81603  

Last edited by Humble Athena; 11-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2558
nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles

*OSIRS Notation Start*
File Number: 19-09-70972
*OSIRS Notation End*

Name: Dmitri Caruso
Archetype: Anarcho-Taoist Illuminati Agent

PHYSICAL STATISTICS
Senses normal
Action Check/Initiative 11/16/21
Speed 20 meters
Str - 4 Int - 5 Agi - 4 Foc - 5 Vit - 5 Per - 4
DURABILITY
---
Vitality 5 Durability Track
Severity Wounds Effects
1–3 [] [] [] No ill effects.
16+ [] Incapacitated

SKILLS AND TALENTS 35/35 pts spent

Combat Skills 13 Points

Acrobatics 2 Agi 14/19/24
Armor Training Str/Int
Athletics 1 Str 15/20/25
Firearm 1 Foc 14/19/24
- Pistol +1   
Hand-to-Hand 2 Agi/Str 14/19/24
- Brawl +1   
Heavy Weapons Str/Int 
Melee Str/Agi
Primitive Weapon Agi/Foc
Resilience 2 Vit 13/18/23
Willpower 5 Foc 10/15/20

Non-combat Skills 15 Points

Academics 3 Int 12/17/22
- Secret History +1   
Awareness 2 Foc 13/18/23
Athletics 1 Str 15/20/25
Coercion Per
Computer Int  
Culture 4 Per 12/17/22
- Illuminati +1   
Deception Per
Driving Agi
Dodge 1 Agi 15/20/25
Empathy 3 Foc 12/17/22
Endurance Vit
Engineering Int
Extreme Sports Agi/Vit
Influence Per
Mechanics Int 
Medicine Int 
Misdirection Per
Performance Per
Pilot Agi/Int
Profession 1 Foc 14/19/24
- Visual Arts +1   
Science Int
-    
Security Agi/Int 
Stealth Foc 
Survival Foc

Taoism - FX 7

Taoism 5 Foc 10/15/20
- harmonizing one's energies with the way, and paying attention to what the universe tells you, you act/don't act at the right times, subtly moving you towards success. It appears as confidence or luck, but is more about divining patterns.confidence +1 +1/+2/+3 skill checks 10 min. Other person takes full round -2 skill check to do it
- using breath as the focus a master of the tao channels chi into a person, adjusting their energies such that their body heals itself.embryonic breathing/t'ai hsi * 1 1/2/3 heals lowest up, always results in fatigue.
- The opposite of confidence, the master creates disharmony with the way in someone to such a degree that it damages them. Their natural harmony level will reassert itself in time.energy spiral/yuan ch'i target 1 creature, 2m range. 1d4+3/+5 energy dmg -1 to all actions 1 rd
- Stopping short of the taoist ideal of acting without monkey mind interference, this is simply about causing actions to cease. The taoist master adjusts his chi such that it seems natural that no one should be acting at the moment.not doing/wei wu wei* 1 acts by or against PC are restricted, lasts 5 rds, -1/-2/-3 steps
- Herein, the master of this technique unleashes a calming wave of chi, that makes all question the point of hostility and violence.peace - everyone in 30m -1/-2/-3 penalty for hostile actions
- the taoist master channels protective yin energies into an object to unleash it to protect him/herself for a time.talisman/fu lu enchants metal object, last 10 min, 2/3/4 chi armor from evil creatures

Talents
Name Description
Defensive Stance unarmed/melee attacks vs. me, are –1 step, or –2 steps if 1+ hands free.
Martial Arts/Grappler +1 step to start a grapple.
Martial Arts/Striking unarmed damage 1d6+0/4 physical

ATTACK ACTIONS
Unarmed Hand Brawl physical 3 1d6 + 0/4 physical

RANGED AND HEAVY WEAPONS

GEAR
Weapons as noted above,

- Sacred Chao on black silk thread used for talisman.

- Hoffmann Institute Z-IDENT Ring - registered NYC branch, key code 19
- Hoffmann issued small hand-held GPS, ACDR12-86-ZX-11-AAA01-GPSRCCAAA-N in the OSIRS Inventory and Specimen Selection Server.
- Hoffmann Institute Badge

Character Notes:

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dmitri_t.png
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	81630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dmitri Caruso 02.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	81631