RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5789
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama flushes a little and shakes her head slightly, but smiles as Adriel is exceedingly complimentary of the roll she's played as Kali's friend. "Hardly, well not me anyway." Comes her response, not to intrude overly into the niceties and introductions.

She shifts her feet as Fathom takes charge of the situation expertly. Kodama was really looking forward to seeing the look on Enoch's face when he saw Kali walking down the aisle. "Back to Loki's?" She queries of the Maid of Honour.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:49 AM
I NEVER, EVER OVERREACT!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5151
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Kay. Matt nods to Fathom a bit weakly; the next few hours would have gone better with something to keep him busy. But his family was here, so there was that. He sits with them. Guys, is it normal to feel like I'm about to explode and implode at the same time? He asks with a smile, but the question is serious.

*Unless the mount is also a class feature.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch, Kodama, and Sapphire
"To Loki's," Fathom confirms, stepping through a convenient silver portal.

Enoch
Lee chuckles. "For a groom about to marry, yes," he reassures. "You don't have to be nervous, though I know it's hard not to be."

"Doc, if you need something to do, you could go around the base inviting people while I run around finding people who are out," Orrin offers. "We're inviting Kas, right?"
Kodama and Sapphire
Fathom leads the four of you into Loki's, though no longer at the salon, but instead a smaller room with wood panelling and large floor-length mirrors, the dresses hanging from convenient hooks and boxes upon boxes of Kali's jewelry stacked on the side, separated into the different sets worked out beforehand.

"Alright; I guess the bridesmaids get dressed first, then we'll give Kali a hand, and then we'll work on decking her out. Sound good?"
"Um, yes... I guess so."
OoC: This seems like as good a place as any for a timeskip closer, maybe after graven posts once more.
Arbiters! Now with more cheap shots at easily disliked targets.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:14 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire gets dressed in her Sari, and attire quickly, though not haphazardly so she can help Kali.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Yeah, I'll do that. Matt says a bit too eagerly, looks to his folks. You understand I'm'a go nuts otherwise right?

ooc: Skippymondo

Old 08-19-2019, 03:35 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Seeing some of the other girls see to themselves first, Kodama opts to help Kali out of her current -and very nice- dress and into her proper bridal attire. She goes as slow as she needs to go to everything perfect. No one was going anywhere and nothing was going to start until they showed up so as far as she was concerned they could take all the time they needed until they were good and ready.

When some of the other girls are more prepared, she'll switch out so she can get ready herself. Fathom would probably have to help a lot making sure all the jewelry was perfect.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
A quick trip down to the base and an Empy-guided walk later, Azath has generously arranged the use of his portal to transport the wedding attendees. It takes a little bit for people to get properly dressed, but eventually even Dirk has been crammed into a suit, Cat into a dress, and sparkly decorations have been added to Daisy's jacket, a small procession leading through the purple portal and upstairs.

Soon, Orrin, Cord, and Gunther have seen to it that everyone has been seated. Nosferatu and Nimrod were ditched at Athena's, Rham content to sit in the very corner of the back seats beside Marcel, Daisy, Dirk, and the Russian giants. Empty seats have been left in the front for the Edwards clan and Adriel, the other guests seated more-or-less at random.

Finally, the pastor draws you and Orrin aside. "I believe we're reaty, Matthew," he says. "Orrin 'ere says th' girls are back, an' dey're set tah go. Oberon's organist is reaty t' start on yuir mark. Y' all set, boy?"

Wraith
Enoch drops by and lets you know that the wedding's on the horizon, and some time later, you're in the audience, seated in the third row between Oberon and Epirus.

Skyfire
You are also seated in the third row, across the aisle from Wraith, and sandwiched between Cat and Virtue on one side, and Lamya on the other.

Kodama and Sapphire
Eventually, everyone's all dressed, and this description intentionally left vaguethe last of Kali's jewelry has been arranged, the bride moving very, very carefully around as it sparkles in even the diffuse incandescent light of the room, holding the gilt-flecked veil up and admiring herself in the mirror. "I look good," she half-realizes, half-declares.

"Yes you do," Fathom praises, the slightly shorter woman coming up beside her. "You're gonna blow them all away; now, we have to be getting back, but we're mostly gonna hang back in the dressing room until it's time. We'll wait for Matt to go marching in to get you set up, and then I'll make sure you and Adriel are good to go before I go in. You'll do great."

A blue portal opens. "Alright, there's our cue. No fair mind-messaging Matt beforehand."
"Okay," Kali relents, letting the veil drop back before turning toward the portal and allowing herself to be ushered through.
"Kody, C.C., it's about that time," Fathom notes, drawing back from the door where Orrin has just retreated and clasping her color-coded bouquet, matching the ones in each of your hands. "I'll follow you out once I hear the organ get going, and then I'll send Adriel back to get you Kali. Everyone good?"

Kali bobs her head, then stops at the clinking. "Yes," she says aloud, clasping her hands around the thornless stems of her white-and-blue roses.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-19-2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

A deep breath in and out, and... Not in the slightest. Matt grins nervously. But that's not going to change, I think. And there might be a riot if we delay. So. Now or never. Fire up the music.

Old 08-19-2019, 05:28 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4561
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Suited and booted, Wraith sits rather quietly in his designated spot. He finds the idea of marriage quaint. That a legal status could come out of superstition. He understood there were legal benefits to it, but ultimately Wraith thought it outdated. It was making Kali and Enoch happy though, so Wraith would keep those views on marriage to himself. He wishes for them happiness.
He feels a little uncomfortable in his suit. Like a caged panther. The boy ninja hides it well though
Old 08-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama stands comfortably there in the loose gaggle with the rest of the procession. Kali looked great, no one sneezed and had to touch up their stuff. All the hard work was done. Standing there and smiling as her good friends professed their love was going to be easy. The only thing that would be hard is holding back some tears. "Ready to go." She answers Fathom.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:05 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire is in the front, as practiced with Cord, ready to go down the aisle and begin the whole thing.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith, Sapphire, Skyfire, Enoch, and Kodama
The pastor nods. "Aye den, we'll get startet."

It BeginsThe music begins to play, a well-hidden fae maestro tucked up behind the organ. Lee and Violet look at each other, then back to Matt, before slowly walking in hand-in-hand, heads held high beneath the strangers' gaze as they walk down and to their seats. Then it's Matt's turn, the groom's entry mercifully occurring without incident as he takes place on the altar. He's followed by Pastor Walsh, the older man walking very stiffly with his Bible in both hands. Cord and a blue top, gold dress, and silvery blue trimsari-clad C.C. follow arm-in-arm, separating in front of the altar, then also in a sari, with a forest-green top and similar everything elseKodama and Gunther do the same, then finally red top, gold dress, silver-blue trimJacky and Orrin, the much larger man tempering his pace to match the shorter woman as she balances in high heels, but they too reach the altar and separate without trouble.

Heather comes in with a very pretty dress and pink sash, carefully removing flower petals to spread behind her as she walks, before turning to join her mom and dad in the front. Shawn walks in very slowly, carefully balancing the rings on the small velvet pillow before standing at the indicated place beside Orrin.

Finally, there's none left to enter but the bride herself, and the organ begins the well-traveled set of notes.

Opinions would differ on what happened next; Epirus would swear up and down that Fathom had to have asked Poseidon, while Kas would insist that only a high angel could do what was done, but as Kali entered on Adriel's arm, a certain feeling spread through the room.

Look at this, it seemed to say, though no words were spoken, no sounds heard other than the organ. It is beautiful, and you shall not see its like again.

Adriel is merely clad in a tuxedo, holding Kali's arm as they slowly walk forward. Most agree, however, that Kali could not be described as merely wearing anything. Her golden veil sparkled in the light as she moved, the brilliant red of her gold-trimmed sari setting off the glint of the diamond bangles on her arm, more ornate jewelry on her hand, though no rings. Glimpses of ruby-and-gold anklets can be seen as she walks, the rose-gold heels almost invisible beneath the train of her dress. She slowly walks to the front, where Adriel gravely halts, allowing her to continue up to the steps of the altar. She mounts them carefully, before turning to face Matt, the sun conveniently positioned to shine from the skylights behind her, the groom now able to almost make out the wealth of jewels adorning her beneath the veil.

The SpeechPastor Walsh waits a few respectful second before clearing his throat. "Dearly belovet, we are gather'd here in ter sight of God, an' in the presence of these witnesses, to join Matthew and Kali in holy matrimony, which is an hon'rable estate, institutet of God in the time of man's innocency. Which holy estate Christ adorned and beautifiet wit' His presence at the first miracle which He wrought in Cana of Galilee; an' is commended of the Apostle Paul t' be hon'rable amongst all men, and is derefore not to be enteret int' lightly, nor inadvisably, but insteat reverently, discreetly, an' in the fear of God."

He clears his throat again. "Into which holy estate Matthew an' Kali come now tah be joint, tah unite two hearts an' lives, blendin' all interest, sympathies, and hopes. In ent'rin' upon an' sustainin' dis hallow't union, y' seek the favor and blessing of Him whose favor is life, whose blessin' maketh rich and addeth no sorrow, an' I entreat y' t' be true t' one another," he says loudly. "Who is givin' Kali bat Gibbor in Holy Matrimony to Matthew Edwards?"

"I do," Adriel declares firmly.

"Den I charge y' both, as y' stant in ter presence of God, t' remember tha' true love and loyalty alone will avail as the foundation o' a happy home. If the solemn vows y' are about to make be kept inviolate, I pray tha' y'r lives will be full of joy, an' tha' the home you are about to establish will abide in peace. For no other human ties are more tender, no other vows are more sacret den those y' are about tah assume. Y're entering into the holy estate, which is the deepest mystery of experience, and which is the very sacrament of divine love."

"As th' good book says in the fourth chapter o' Ecclesiastes, a book've wisdom, two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, th' one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat-" there are a few quickly smothered giggles from Epirus' direction. "-But how can one be warm alone? An' if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; an' a threefold cort is nah quickly broken. An as' it says in th' thirteenth chapter o' th' first letter t' ter Corinthians, if I speak with the tongues of men an' of angels, an' have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And if I ha' the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so tha' I coult remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing. An' though I bestow all my goods t' feet the poor, an' though I give my body to be burnt, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing. Love suffereth long, an' is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provok't, thinketh no evil; love rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; love beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Love never faileth: but whether dere be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away."

Pastor Walsh scans the audience with a look clearly long-practiced to stop both sinners and monsters in their tracks. "Whosoever has knowledge o' why dis marriage may be violatin' God's sacret law, speak now," he thunders. "Else be silent, an' make y'r peace in celebration o' dis holy union, taken in all love."

Silence, except for the rustle of feathers as Samael tries his best to hide the fact that he's kneeling the outer aisle beside his human-sized seat and not sitting in it.

"Kali, d'ye marry this man Matthew of y'r own free choice?"

"I do."

"Matthew, d'ye marry this woman Kali of y'r own free choice? If y' do, th' vows y' will next make shall bind y' to her firmer den th' strongest ropes, strengthened wit' love an' held wit' faith."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-20-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:41 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Relief with having made it down the aisle and up the steps did little to calm Matt's jangling nerves. His smile was only slightly strained as he watched his friends make their own way down the aisle, their presence relaxing him somewhat. Some abstract part of him noted that the rigid order of such things was probably supposed to be a balm for the chaos swirling in his head.

Then the organ stopped, and began to play the processional. His eyes were drawn to the back of the room as surely as everyone elses'. His eyes opened wide in wonder, jaw clenched slightly to prevent it from dropping. Admiration shone in them as Kali slowly, gracefully approached. Was a trick of the light, or some Arbiter's gift, or perhaps the sudden moisture in his eyes that gave her a soft golden glow? Was this really happening? Was he even breathing? No to the last, he realized and took in a slow, careful breath. Then she was beside him, jewelry sparkling in the sun, but none so bright as the love in her eyes that he could seen plainly even through the veil.

The two take turns trying not to smile as they face each other, while the Pastor speaks. Matt follows along intently in his head, determined not to miss his cue with the way his heart is racing. Then it's his turn to speak, and after a deep breath, he speaks carefully and slowly his vows:

I do. Kali. My bride. The absurd impossibility that the two of could ever meet, let alone fall in love, boggles the mind. Often I think it must be a dream. You are THE one. I can't measure it, I can't graph or quantify or calculate. But I think of no greater fulfillment or joy than exploring that mystery with you for as long as we live.

Your presence completes me, your love humbles me. Your cheer brights and colors every minute we're together. Your goodness drives me to be a better man. Your wonder and curiosity inspire me, your unrivaled sass provides no end of exquisite vexation. I promise to love, honor, and cherish you. I will stand beside you in life, in front of you in danger, and behind you in all that you undertake. As much as lies with me you will have good and not evil for all of our days.

Last edited by gravenimages; 08-20-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith, Sapphire, Skyfire, Enoch, and Kodama
Vows"Kali?"
"Matthew, my love. The day that I met you was the best day of my life, until the day you declared your love for me. And then that was the best day, until the day you proposed. And that was the best day, until today..." She sniffs, before marshaling herself and moving on, her voice cracking just a little bit. "I stood at the door to eternity for four thousand years, and I've met many men, and many women, who the world thought great, and, and not one I could compare to you. I cannot think of, of any better way, for me to spend eternity, than by your side when you're waking, and in your arms while you sleep."

She's quiet for a second, then continues. "You're the best thing that could have ever happened to me, Matt. Your spirit, your heart, your mind... I would not want to live forever without you. You chose me, and I chose you. I want to learn with you, and grow beside you. I'm better with you than by myself, and I treasure your love more than anything. I promise to laugh with you in the good times, and work with you in the bad times, and to stay devoted by your side forever; Death and Plague shall not part us, nor hatred and anger, nor any other man, or any other woman nor anything else... so long as you will have me, and call me your wife."

RingsPastor Walsh beckons, and Shawn comes forward, solemnly offering up the pillow.
"Kali, Matthew, y' have come forward before y'r family an' friends t' swear y'rselves t' one another, in sight of God an' men. As y' take these rings-" Kali picks up Matt's ring, and Matt hers. "These rings signify th' sealing of y'r vows of love an' devotion t' one another. Kali, repeat after me: Matthew, wit' dis ring, I seal my promise t' be y'r faithful an' loving wife, before all witnesses."

"Matthew, with this ring, I seal my promise to be your faithful and loving wife," Kali says, voice firmer now as she takes his hand. "Before all witnesses." She slips the ring onto his finger, before gently offering her own.

"Matthew, repeat after me: Kali, wit' dis ring, I seal my promise t' be y'r faithful an' loving husband, before all witnesses."
"Kali, with this ring, I seal my promise to be your faithful and loving husband, before all witnesses."

Rings thus bestowed, Shawn scuttles back to his parents, to some small amusement in the crowd.

"Y' may kiss th' bride."

Cheering and applause echoes through the sanctuary as Kali's veil is lifted back, many gems shimmering in the sunlight as the newlyweds kiss, her hands lacing through his hair

"I now present t' you f'r the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew an' Kali Edwards!"

RecessionalLaughter spreads through the audience as Kali finally relents and breaks off the kiss with a slightly embarrassed look, taking Matt's hand and gently leading him back down the aisle, followed by Orrin and Jacky, then Kodama and Gunther, then Cord and Carissa, then finally Adriel and the Edwards clan.

The pastor clears his throat as they exit the sanctuary. "We'll now go outside t' th' tent y' saw on ter way in fer th' reception an' feast!" he declares.

right-aligned image
Enoch, Kodama, and Sapphire
Kali and Matthew lead the group down the smooth stone path beneath the flowering trees into the tent, where the wonderful aromas and rich spices of fae cooking have built up into a heady, savory incense, steadily blown away and replaced by fresh sea air. The places at the tables are set with utensils and namecards if not plates, though it's pretty clear that the fae intend to bring around fully loaded plates once everyone is seated, a giant cake the centerpiece of the room and a space cleared near the end for what will probably be dancing.

Skyfire and Wraith
The crowd steadily flows out and around to the impressive tent, the bride and groom already seated by the time you arrive. Food is coming around by the time you find your seats.

Kodama, Enoch, Sapphire, Skyfire, and Wraith
Dinner appears to be comprised of courses, with the first being two small bowls of salad and a light chicken soup and a personalized choice of drink for most; champagne is set by Kali and Matt, while golden goblets have been set beside Inka and Marcel, a stone one beside Rham, and everything in between for everyone else. Bowls of bread, butter, and salt have been set out on the tables for all to partake in as well.

OoC: Fathom, Orrin, Adriel, Kali, Matthew, the elder Mr. and Mrs. Edwards, and Kodama have been sat around what's essentially the central table, while Shawn, Heather, Sapphire, Cord, Gunther, Pastor Walsh, Oberon, and Kas have been sat around an adjacent table. Michelle is seated with Dirk, Cat, Daisy, Virtue, Epirus, Inka, and Anya, while Wraith is sat near the open edge with Rham, La'anah, Samael, Marcel, Brendan, Iosef, and a human who is, for once, NOT dressed in grimy leather and metal armor, but instead in a clean suit, looking very odd on the swarthy man, despite the fact that he's evidently put at least a little effort in not showing up greasy and dirtyJohn Bardas

You don't HAVE to go into character for this; in fact, I'd probably prefer if Skyfire and Wraith didn't have TOO much dialogue, but a descriptive post on what they think/do would be great. Drach, Shy, graven, you three have more leeway with if you want to go down into conversation or not.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4561
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
As always Wraith is drinking Irn Bru. Even manages to get the whole table to try it, to mixed results whom liked it. He is making a very strong effort to be sociable, and with him liking most of the people around him, it's easy. Wraith listens to John Bardas tell the tale of his own wedding. Brendan relates a funny story about a holiday in San Francisco, and the former company man seems the most relaxed. Marcel is kind of the odd one out, but everyone makes polite conversation with him. Samael and Wraith share a laugh when Wraith tells him an angel said the boy ninja strikes with the might of Samael. The Russian is fairly quiet.
As part of project get La'anah out of her shell, Wraith and Samael engage her gently. Wraith even gets her to agree to a dance later. Whilst reassuring her, there is an inopportune lull in the conversation and everyone hears Wraith say. "I've had dancing lessons from the goddess Venus as played by the young Uma Thurman."