User Statistics
RPXP: 466
Rmallion Rmallion Rmallion Rmallion Rmallion
Virion, High Elf Ranger

Alignment: CG
HP at third level: 22 (10+6+6)
Stats: S: 13 D: 17 C: 10 I: 13 W: 14 Cha: 8

Background:

The old man puffed. A smoke ring floated, unhurried, from the end of his pipe. The warm glow of the campfire cast deep shadows across the wrinkles of the ranger’s well-worn face.

“How long we been patrolling these woods, anyways?” he continued, his gravelly voice barely audible over the crackle of fresh wood.

“Thirty years, this winter.” His companion smiled, as slender hands pulled back the hood of his cloak to reveal the timeless, angular features characteristic of all elves. Golden-hued skin, fresh as the day he was born, belied the man’s experience. “It’s been a good run, hasn’t it?” The elf’s hand casually traced the rounded pommel of his scimitar. He waited.

“Aye. It has.”

“However cliche, it seems like just yesterday I left the vale. You would have been a baby then.” he chuckled. “You had never so much as a seen an orc, let alone killed one.”

“Nothin’ more than a whelp ... and now we’re here.” The old man’s deep, tobacco-tinged baritone cut through the silent autumn night. “Too bad these orcs can’t speak common, maybe we’d just work all these problems out civilly and all.” He slowly unsheathed his blade.

Seemingly without warning, the trees around the campfire exploded with sound and fury. A mass of orcs burst from the darkness, their twisted faces painted black with mud. The two men exchanged a wink.

Each sprang into action with a practiced ease. The lithe, leather-clad ranger now back to back with his stouter, shorter-lived companion. They circled, weapons at the ready. “What do you say we give it a few more years before hanging it up?” the elf smirked “I heard there was something going on down at the cavern. Might be worth checking out once this is done.”

Description:

Six feet of graceful, corded muscle, Virion would look every bit the predator were it not for his pearly-wide grin. His thin lips seemed permanently tugged upwards, as if holding on to a secret he didn’t care to share. His hair, long, straight and golden, was typically pulled back into a tight pony tail, or left to hang free when the situation allowed. Virion often dressed in functional leathers or a mossy green shirt. When travelling, a dark green cloak draped across from his shoulders, often the ranger’s sole protection from the elements. His arms, hairless and flecked with tiny scars, told of lifetimes spent navigating through thick woods.

X-Card: None

Edit: Should edit to say that I'm not particularly wedded to many of the details of the character. I've got stuff in mind, but would like to stay flexible per the instructions (and, per the instructions, have provided only bare bones in terms of ability scores and HP).

Last edited by Rmallion; 10-26-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:11 PM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15920
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Vital Stats:
right-aligned image
NameKvarga
RaceBugbear
ClassBard, College of Valor
AlignmentChaotic Neutral
Ability ScoresS: 14 (+2), D: 15 (+2), Co: 13 (+1), I: 8 (-1), W: 10 (+0), Ch: 15(+2)
Hit Points21
CantripsMinor Illusion, Vicious Mockery
First LevelFaerie Fire, Healing Word, Tasha's Hideous Laughter, Thunderwave
Second LevelPhantasmal Force, Suggestion

Background: Bugbear Skald Among bugbears, stories of the gods and great heroes of the goblin hordes are commonly told around the campfire. Every so often, though, one bugbear arises who sees the truth of these stories, who seizes their narrative and turns them to great effect. These bugbears are found on the front lines, shouting inspiration to their companions and blowing rallying notes on their hunting horns.
Traits: I love a good insult, even one directed at me. Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: People. I like seeing the ferocity I inspire in my comrades. That is all that matters.
Bond: I am a monster in a world full of men, and I must prove my personhood at every turn.
Flaws: Despite my best efforts, Skiggaret sometimes possesses me, and I must flee.

Description:
At almost seven and a half feet tall and over three hundred pounds, Kvarga's presence alone is intimidating. She looks like a monster, sounds like a monster, and smells like a monster. Hygiene has not been chief among her virtues, and she smells like wet dog at a distance of about ten feet. She looks something like a dog, too: wide, toothy smile and short tawny fur covering her whole body. But there the resemblance ends: her orange eyes seem to seethe malevolence, and her smile seems more menacing than friendly.

Kvarga is built ruggedly, like most of her species. She wears her size well: she stands straight and walks with a confidence that projects her stature.

She wears soft leather garments over a chain shirt. Curiously enough, the garments are relatively well-made. It's unclear where she acquired well-made leather in bugbear sizes.

Backstory:
Born into a band of migratory bugbears, Kvarga enjoyed a rough-and-tumble youth that featured casual violence and parental neglect. The band was only ten strong, and only two of those were juveniles. Kvarga learned her life lessons early, fast, and hard.

Bugbears typically take the route of Hruggek, brutal and malevolent, but her family marked her from an early age as Grankhul's child. Wiry for a bugbear and full of unwarranted confidence, Kvarga grew cunning while her cousin grew strong. Telling tales around a campfire was a common pastime, but Kvarga learned the stories, took them to heart. She learned from the stories, too, taking lessons that the others did not. Kvarga was no smarter than her kin, but she had a strength of personality that set her apart. When she would tell the stories, the others would listen: her embellishments and control of narrative pacing kept her family engaged. She had a natural talent for performance.

By ten, she was the unofficial lorekeeper of her clan. The band would hector her to tell a story when they all lay about. When they met goblin tribes or other bugbear packs, she would swap stories with them and expand her repertoire. She loved to learn the stories and loved to tell them.

At twelve, she joined her first warband. Rival goblin clans were clashing in the darkest recesses of the forest, and her family felt called to war by the will of Hruggek. At twelve, she was young to be fighting, but a bugbear chieftan recognized Grankhul's eye upon the girl. He put her in the thick of things with a wardrum, and she pounded out a cadence, declaiming Hruggek's glory for all to hear. The war lasted a year, and by the end of it, Kvarga was an accomplished drummer. She could pound out a cadence that made her clan's blood sing with Hruggek's glory, or tap a quiet beat to mark Grankhul's stealth.

It was in one of the final battles of this confrontation that Kvarga realized the true power of Grankhul's favor. She was with her family, fighting a band of goblins in a small cave. Her uncle, beside her, fell to a series of cuts punctuated with a crossbow bolt. As he crumpled to the ground, Kvarga threw out her right hand and screamed, No!. She was as surprised as anyone else when power surged through her, and her uncle staggered to his feet.

By fourteen, she had left her family behind. She roved with a small band of mercenaries led by twin hobgoblins. Everywhere goblinkind fought, she fought. In black of night and in bright of day, she fought. She fought in rain and in snow.

Which brings us to how she ended up in that cave....
Old 10-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Oblivious Flame Hippo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6385
hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo hippo
Solil Dahrim
Vital Stats:
right-aligned image
NameSolil Dahrim
RaceHalf-Elf
ClassCelestial Warlock of the Tome
AlignmentChaotic Good
Ability ScoresStr: 8 (-1), Dex: 14 (+2), Con: 16 (+3), Int: 10 (+0), Wis: 12 (+1), Cha: 16(+3)
Hit Points27
CantripsEldritch Blast, Prestidigitation, Light, Sacred Flame, Mending*, Mage Hand*, Guidance* (* from Book of Light)
First Level Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt
Second Level Lesser Restoration, Misty Step
Invocations 

Background: Wandering Noble Well educated, and possessed by a need to explore and aid the world, Solil has travelled far from her homelands searching for her destiny.

Traits: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We share the same blood. I am driven by a wanderlust that led me far from home.

Ideal: Greater Good It is each person's responsibility to create the most good for the world.

Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment that drove my from my home. I fear I may never find it.

Flaws: I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

Description: Judging solely by looks, Solil Dahrim would never be mistaken for anything but nobility. With an upright bearing, fine clothes, refined manners, and certain grace in her movements she stands out from the common crowd. However, the whole story is never told from looks alone. Her words and actions tell a different tale: one of compassion, friendliness, and a daring unlike most with her upbringing. Solil seems to simply belong wherever she may find herself.

Backstory:Blessed with a fine education, a gregarious nature, and a compassionate soul, Solil longed to do more, and be more, than an heir to a major noble house. The intrigue of court politics and never-ending pageantry of her station filled her with an emptiness she could never abide. She only found solace in the moonlit sanctuaries of Selūne. There she could try to ease the suffering of others and serve as a beacon of hope for the future.

After a time, she caught the attention of one of the Shards of Selūne, who offered her an alternative path. With the Shard as her patron, Solil wields moonlight and compassion; searching the world for her destiny. Her home is now the open road - her destination wherever her adventures lead.

SourcesPHB and Xanathar's Guide to Everything

Last edited by hippo; 11-01-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1852
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
GLOAMHOLD APPLICATION:The players participating seem to be lacking in front-line fighters, so I went with this concept. If a duengar is a bad fit I can do something else.
Name: Dendur Metalheart
Race: Dwarf (Duergar seem a little OP; feel free to reduce benefits if you think it is needed.Duergar)
Class: Fighter(Battlemaster)
Background: “This or Mercenary seemed closest fit to concept, though navigation tools should be replaced.Pirate*
HP: Averaging method, assuming 3rd level31
Ability Scores: Str: 14 (15), Dex: 12, Con: 15 (17), Int: 10, Wis: 12, Cha: 8

Background: Short version is that he is a Duergar renegade who fell in love with a slave he couldn't save. He is now an adventurer and a violent abolitionist.

Last edited by Solitaire64; 01-20-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2453
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Character Sheet Link
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83540

Name:Brocu

Race: Wood Elf

Class: Gloom Stalker Ranger

Alignment: Chaotic Good

HP:
Dice HP:
2d10+13 (3, 10)+13 Total = 26

Ability Scores: Str 14, Dex: 15 (17), Int 8, Wis 13 (14), Con 12, Cha 10

Magic Items: Bead of Force, Potion of Superior Healing

Spells
Hunter's Mark
Cure Wounds
Jump

Money46 gp, 8 sp

Equipment:
Leather Armor
Short Sword (2)
Longbow
20 Arrows
Explorer's Pack
Steel Mirror
2 Oil Flask
Component Pouch
Climbing Kit

Background:
In the sun-dappled green shadows of the great forest, the laughter and song of the wood elves has echoed for untold ages among the mossy boles. But the peace and merriment of the fair folk is maintained by the doughty guardians of the woodland fences, those nimble and strong members of the kingdom specially tasked to repel the foes of light and gladness. Among those warriors, none hold a place of greater honor than the Deepwardens, who must forego the beloved moon and sun in order to pursue the most ancient enemies of the wood elf race: drow, duergar, goblinoids, and other denizens of the subterranean world. Like all Deepwardens, Brocu the Badger was born of a bloodline dedicated to the profession. In his 99th year, prior to his naming, he was required to spend full annual cycle in training with a tribe of mountain dwarves, allies to the wood elves, and saw the sky not once in that time. Having thus rightfully earned his status as a Deepwarden, Brocu embarked on his life of long, lonely details, spying and visiting vengeance on those who would bring darkness to his beloved land.

Appearance and Personality
Brocu is shorter in stature than many of his kin, a trait that seems bred into the cave rangers of his wood elf tribe. His skin is deep tan and puckered with dark blue tribal tattoos, and his straight hair is black and cut to shoulder length. His eyes are also black, and for the most part appear very passive, but he often surprises companions by flashing a broad grin of startlingly white teeth, and possesses a booming laugh that responds especially to bawdy humor. This may be a result of his time spent underground mingling with the raucous mountain dwarves, where he developed a fondness for hearty ale. He is, of course, a loner by trade but is rather gregarious by nature, enjoying drinking and boasting with friends. Despite this tendency toward camaraderie, he has spent so much time alone that his statements can be socially awkward or inappropriate to the moment.

Last edited by Yoshimi; 01-27-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:18 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Introduction
left-aligned image
Larana Le'iene
Race: High-Elf
Class: Wizard - Bladesinger
Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Noble Knight (Retainers)
Personality Trait: No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.
Personality Trait: Never to be considered a damsel in distress, I like to take matters into my own hands.
Ideal: Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
Bond: I will face any challenge to uncover the secrets of Gloamhold and save my people.
Flaw: Born and raised a literal princess, the world does in fact, revolve around me.

Game Statistics
Hit Points 17 / Armor Class 15 / Speed 30 / Passive Perception 13
Abilities: STR 8 (-1) / DEX 16 (+3) / CON 13 (+1) / INT 16 (+3) / WIS 12 (+1) / CHA 10 (+0)
Saving Throws: Str -1/ Dex +3/ Con +1 / Int +5 / Wis +3 / Cha -0
Skill Proficiency: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +5, History +5, Perception +3, Performance +2, Persuasion +2
Weapons: Rapier (+5) 1d8+3 / Long Bow (+5) 1d8+3
Cantrips: Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shape Water, Shocking Grasp

Description
right-aligned image

Appearance:
In her homeland Lara is considered tall, but here in the Duchy of Ashlar she is quite small for an elf at only five feet. She is slender and pretty with long golden hair, piercing blue eyes and a charming smile. A princess must keep herself impeccably clean and well groomed by bathing often and liberal use of her magic. She favors comfortable clothing, a tunic and breaches, around the encampment but has elegant dresses and jewels for when the need arises. She moves and acts as you'd expect a princess would with the grace and poise of her people.
For battle Larana dons her magnificent armor of gilded leather and flowing skirts. The nimbleness she exhibits normally is reflected in her style of fighting. Rapier in hand she dances through the fray with finesse and precision.

Personality:
The charm of the princess can never be overestimated. Larana loves the common folk and spends a great deal of time walking among them. She will readily take the time to listen and help whenever she can. She does not like to be insulted though and considers rudeness a personal assault. Steadfast in her ways she is rarely persuaded to do anything that she doesn't want to.
Intelligent and headstrong her fierce drive to prove herself can lead to overconfidence. She never wants to be mistaken as a pampered royal.
Personally she loves children and animals and would rather a walk in the forest to a night at the tavern. She can often be found entertaining with her harp or dancing in the moonlight. She has a penchant for the finer things in life such as jewels and fashion and has been known to spend a great deal of time admiring herself, after all she is a princess.

Story
right-aligned image

Backstory:
In the elven kingdom of Estonia life is peaceful. The people look up to their king and his beautiful daughter as they live a whimsical life at one with nature. The mountains are majestic, the forests green, and the farmlands fertile. Magic fills the air as fairies flutter about as common as the elves that live here.

However dark times have fallen on Estonia as a curse has taken the lands. The king has succumb to an illness barely able to speak or move and the fairy magic has all but disappeared. Bewildered the princess has traveled her homeland looking for a cure to no avail. Desperately she studied the ancient tomes until she found one dusty ledger. It detailed with great similarity the curse her home was experiencing, It also bore repeated mention of the far off dungeon of Gloamhold and the dark magic within.

Last edited by JohnStone; 01-27-2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2453
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
New character since there is another Gloom Stalker

Character Sheet Link
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83665

Name:Sikstalos

Race: Lizardfolk

Class: Cleric of Selaunya (Life Domain)

Alignment: Neutral

Ability Scores: Str 14, Dex: 10, Int 8, Wis 16, Con 15, Cha 12

Magic Items: Bag of Holding, Oil of Etherealness

Background:
In the sprawling, productive marshlands of the Blackgrass Fens, the lizardfolk tribes thrive on the abundant fish and other aquatic creatures that teem in the still waters. Once in every generation, a youngling is hatched that is touched by Selaunya Sunbringer. Noteworthy for having bronze scales with a black crest and green eyes, instead of the usual body shades of green, gray, and yellow, this individual is considered to belong to no tribe and to all; they must serve the continuation of the lizardfolk race as healer, diplomat, and warrior and eventually serve as sire or dam to younglings across the tribes. Thus it can be seen that the Fens are blessed. So it was that Sikstalos came into the Black Dragon Clan marked by the god of life, and was taken from his brood to live his first years in solitary communion with his deity among the pools and reeds. Now, in the second stage of his training known as Exodus, Sikstalos is in a state of exile from the wetlands as he seeks to learn of the outside peoples who may be enemies or allies of his folk, and to prove his status in battle against potential threats to the cause of Life. Once his mission is completed to his god's satisfaction, he will one day return to bring blessing and life to all the clans.
Appearance and Personality
Sikstalos is a striking lizardman with bronze scales, a black head crest, and dark green eyes. He stands an imposing 6'8" tall and is broad at the shoulder. Despite his intimidating presence, he is generally serene and slow to anger, and is surprised and interested in the emotions of others. He is naturally inquisitive, and lacking an understanding of non-lizardfolk etiquette he often causes amusement or frustration with his unguarded observations and questions.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:11 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
PapaPenguin
Application for Artificer (WIP)

Fredrick Von Ragnarson
Variant Human
Battle Smith Artificer
20 HP
STR 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 10

Backstory: coming soon . . .

Remarks: My two goals in any D&D game is to have fun with friends and to challenge my team work skills. I like to be helpful in combat and prefer to take the frontline or support roles.

Sources PHb & Ebberon
Old 07-22-2020, 03:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5782
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
IC Application
right-aligned image

Name: Ara Galanodel
Race(Sex): High Elf Male
Class (sub-class): Wizard (Bladesinger)

Character Sheet - https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69676
Gold/XP - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YqM/edit#gid=0
Backstory - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...v2zO1_IhY/edit